How have your interests changed?

JJ82490

Really Experienced
As you have engaged in writing (or reading) have you found that your interests in genres have changed? Have you encountered ones you did not know you enjoyed?

Recently reading "Scents and Sensitivities" - I found myself drawn to the idea of scents/musks...something I never knew I was attracted to. Thank you to that author.

Curious your thoughts!

As far as erotica goes, the only change over the last 75 years (yes, truly, fantasies began pre-latency) has been a late switch from the female POV to the male. Otherwise nothing.

Yes, sort of. Swinging in a mature context has been a constant, but I made a transition from limited LW-ish situations to full-blown GS, heavy on the MMC+sidekick and a bevy of cuties.

I've always had eclectic taste in most things; reading and writing are no different than everything else. I have genres I like more or less than others, but I read just about anything.

Yeah, some nuances and kinks I didn't find appealing before, but the genre of stories and overall themes didn't change at all.

My tastes have expanded, but my standards are higher, both for what I want to read and what I want to write. I still like the same things I liked before, and I want to write about them, but I want to add new twists or things of interest to them, to explore old themes in new ways. I want to write stories in areas of kink that are less familiar to me, and that's a lot more difficult. As a consequence, I write much more slowly than I used to.

I'm writing more in the trans category now--specifically MTF (male to female). Just because it's new and popular ground, I think. I find that while I'm writing a GM work, an MTF character will drift in and become a significant part of the plot.

I'm pretty much willing to try writing in any new (to me) fetish. Thus far I've usually drawn the line against water sports and I'll only take degradation a short distance--and not beyond the subject's acceptance.

TBH I began writing (rather than only reading) here merely to experiment writing about a certain kind of character, the inevitable "irresistible man." Just trying to think about the ways that personal power manifests itself in human (especially sexual) relationships.

Then I found out how much I enjoyed writing smut-for-the-fun-of-it stories and I did that a bit.

Now I'm aspiring to write steamy romances.

Recently reading "Scents and Sensitivities" - I found myself drawn to the idea of scents/musks...something I never knew I was attracted to. Thank you to that author.
That author is a corrupting bastard. I never used to write much about olfactory matters. Why? Iā€™m atopic. I have asthma, eczema and allergies. Iā€™ve taken nasal steroids on and off since I was little. As well as messing with receptors in some people, they can also dry out your nasal passage and make it more prone to cracking (I get nosebleeds) and thus scarring. Sorry if this is way TMI. TL-DNR I have a poor sense of smell.

But this crazed pervert got me reading his twisted smell-based filth and guess what I now include in my stories much more?

Is there such an organization as @Djmac1031 Anonymous? Iā€™d never written E/V either before we became friendsā€¦ and now some of my highest rated stories are in that category.

I guess itā€™s not been all one way Traffic (see what I did there?), heā€™d not written BDSM or (I think) much anal before someone also corrupted him šŸ¤£.

Emily

But this crazed pervert got me reading his twisted smell-based filth and guess what I now include in my stories much more?

You have no idea how much I needed a good laugh today.

My corrupting influence has spread like.... well, a bad smell.

Is there such an organization as @Djmac1031 Anonymous?

Ask your doctor if Anosmia is right for you.

heā€™d not written BDSM or (I think) much anal before someone also corrupted him

Welcome to the Rotten Apple Club. Dues payable first of the month.

@Djmac1031 has somehow crawled in my head and I have found myself thinking of scents all day in addition to other musings.

It is pretty amazing how things are evoked when reading. I am curious as to how I will be corrupted next

As @EmilyMiller has already kindly pointed out, I didn't really know much, or have any interest in, BDSM stuff.

And honestly, a lot of it I still don't get, especially the more humiliating aspects, be it for the men or women. That does nothing for me.

But reading Em's stories opened my eyes to some different possibilities for sure.

Interests? No not really, but the informal list of stuff I would not write about when I first started, has shortened dramatically. A good story idea, changes those perspectives.

As a writer, my tastes have expanded and broadened enough that I'm comfortable/happy to write male POV characters, which is something I usually hadn't done. In particular, I found that I REALLY like writing for submissive men as main characters.

The more I read, I find that the more buildup I require. In general, I don't really care for shorter stories or so-called 'strokers,' as a reader or a writer. Back in the day I could appreciate a story that really just got straight to the point, but now I tend to prefer more buildup, but there are exceptions.

As a reader/writer, I used to have no interest at all in incest stories. But I read a story on another site that really fired up some depraved ideas, so that prior writing/reading inhibition may change.

Writing about a character based on me with cool fantasy friends managing an adult resort has made me interested in the industry. If I ever win powerball or receive a similar windfall I might look into founding a real life similar enterprise. But I would do things differently than most similar real life businesses. For one thing, no discrimination against single people over couples. My resort menā€™s rooms will have toilets as well as urinals too. And Iā€™ll have an onsite medical and psychological care clinic, erotic store, backup servers for Lit, private love hotel, dance hall, bar, restaurant, spa, sports slash business facilities, and video game arcade all in the same complex. That fancy Caribbean resort Hedonism will have to struggle to compete with my place, if weā€™re not partners. ;) All my favorite Lit authors will be welcome as customers if not consultants on staff. Hopefully Iā€™ll find good real life counterparts for Clarke, Tess, and the other characters from my stories to help me establish the place.

I have loooved reading about scents and smells. There is just something about them that really does the trick and although I have always been attracted to it, reading about it just highlighted that fact for me. My interests by and large have remained the same so far...they are quite broad šŸ¤£

I have loooved reading about scents and smells. There is just something about them that really does the trick and although I have always been attracted to it, reading about it just highlighted that fact for me. My interests by and large have remained the same so far...they are quite broad šŸ¤£

Not to derail the OP, but since the topic has come up several times and mostly because of one of my stories...

The topic of scents / smells can be off-putting to some. We're baraged as a species with ads for products to make sure we DON'T "smell," or if we do, we smell "good."

Women have it especially bad, targeted specifically with products to make sure their privates don't "smell."

Although men are getting it now too; Manscaped specifically selling us sprays and wipes for our "smelly" balls.

But scents are a natural part of us. We give off natural odors, pheromones etc that attract the opposite sex. Or maybe even the same sex for some.

Not all our smells are bad. In fact, many are quite positive.

Now I'm not talking about obviously bad odors. Unwashed filthy body parts, etc.

There's a huge difference between someone who hasn't bathed in several days and someone who maybe took a shower the day before, woke up the next morning, went for a run and came back a little sweaty. That smell can be very arousing.

And by a "little sweaty" I mean just that. If you're soaked and grimy, go take another shower lol.

Also; by all means wash your privates. And your ass. But you don't necessarily need to then bury your natural scent with perfumes and powders either.

I've always enjoyed reading the swinger/sharing stories here on LitE. In other reading outside of erotica, I enjoy scifi.

But the "Amorous Goods" challenge here pulled me into writing three stories (tied together) for the LitE scifi/fantasy category, and I now owe my faithful readers a final fourth story there to conclude that War-of-the-Worlds cliffhanger.

And in writing a male POV story for the "Pink Orchid" challenge two years ago, I decided this year to write a first-person female POV story ("The Maneater"). That story had me musing about how women subtly try controlling men. And I'm now leaning toward more female POV stories.

Not to derail the OP, but since the topic has come up several times and mostly because of one of my stories...

The topic of scents / smells can be off-putting to some. We're baraged as a species with ads for products to make sure we DON'T "smell," or if we do, we smell "good."

Women have it especially bad, targeted specifically with products to make sure their privates don't "smell."

Although men are getting it now too; Manscaped specifically selling us sprays and wipes for our "smelly" balls.

But scents are a natural part of us. We give off natural odors, pheromones etc that attract the opposite sex. Or maybe even the same sex for some.

Not all our smells are bad. In fact, many are quite positive.

Now I'm not talking about obviously bad odors. Unwashed filthy body parts, etc.

There's a huge difference between someone who hasn't bathed in several days and someone who maybe took a shower the day before, woke up the next morning, went for a run and came back a little sweaty. That smell can be very arousing.

And by a "little sweaty" I mean just that. If you're soaked and grimy, go take another shower lol.

Also; by all means wash your privates. And your ass. But you don't necessarily need to then bury your natural scent with perfumes and powders either.
I love what you said. Its so true, natural smells can be extremely arousing no matter where they are coming from

Back