How do you visualize Lit members, past or present?

I was going to say that although I have not been here a long time I picture everyone as their avatar. I also have a hard time changing from username to their real name. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have a hard time changing from their last username or last supposed real name, lit life gets confusing sometimes even off lit. ;)

Why only female authors being imagined...
What about males from minorities? And vulnerable LGBT minority!
DrHenderson
Maori.jpg

I'm crap at picturing people's faces and worse at names. If I was asked to do a police line up check I'd ask to see them walking. I can recognise people's gait from 400m

I'm crap at picturing people's faces and worse at names. If I was asked to do a police line up check I'd ask to see them walking. I can recognise people's gait from 400m
yes! about their walk. and gestures/mannerisms

i'm really really good at remembering faces, and often surprise H when i spot an actor as a little kid in a film never seen before but know who it is from their adult faces (and v.v), but imagining what they look like before seeing them? it's hard and so avs tend to be my goto.

Plus haircuts! If someone cuts their hair, it's really hard for me to 'see' them in my mind's eye as they looked before (the hair part, anyway). I usually need a photo to remember properly!

yes! about their walk. and gestures/mannerisms

i'm really really good at remembering faces, and often surprise H when i spot an actor as a little kid in a film never seen before but know who it is from their adult faces (and v.v), but imagining what they look like before seeing them? it's hard and so avs tend to be my goto.

Plus haircuts! If someone cuts their hair, it's really hard for me to 'see' them in my mind's eye as they looked before (the hair part, anyway). I usually need a photo to remember properly!
Yup haircuts. If someone changes their hair it confuses me

I do actually picture Gravyrug as Jesus. The Robert Powell version minus tartan slippers.

jaFO as a cross between Gordon Jackson and Twiki from Buck Rogers.

Mostly I just think of them as their avatar, and it confuses me when they change. So, I'm not much help.

Observation- I just realized that I never imagine anyone here as having an accent. In Real Life or on the telephone, many of the people I've met from Lit have them, which stands to reason.

Back