How do you promote on Literotica?

My Xitter account was born of this thread. Of course I don’t have a control. I asked Laurel to fund a parallel universe in which I didn’t open a Xitter account, but apparently she needed the cash for comp prizes. Priorities!

So, like a lot of stuff in social media, it’s hard to be definitive about impact. But it feels like I went from 500,000 views to 625,000 at light speed. Now it could be that I started publishing again after a break. It could be I’ve improved exponentially as an author (🤭), or it could have helped a bit.

If it has helped, I suspect it’s with casual views. I don’t see comments or voting jumping as much.

But it’s been kinda fun. As you can see:

Emily Miller on Xitter (just a link to avoid AI image problems)

What I have also found is that some people are interested in just the AI art element. Which is more fun than I had expected. It’s cool to “see” your own characters.

Emily

My Xitter account was born of this thread. Of course I don’t have a control. I asked Laurel to fund a parallel universe in which I didn’t open a Xitter account, but apparently she needed the cash for comp prizes. Priorities!

So, like a lot of stuff in social media, it’s hard to be definitive about impact. But it feels like I went from 500,000 views to 625,000 at light speed. Now it could be that I started publishing again after a break. It could be I’ve improved exponentially as an author (🤭), or it could have helped a bit.

If it has helped, I suspect it’s with casual views. I don’t see comments or voting jumping as much.

But it’s been kinda fun. As you can see:

Emily Miller on Xitter (just a link to avoid AI image problems)

What I have also found is that some people are interested in just the AI art element. Which is more fun than I had expected. It’s cool to “see” your own characters.

Emily
I somehow got my Xitter restricted, so I don't get hardly any views on my posts.

WOW!! I just took a look and they are stunning!!!! I would love to be able to see my characters. In my imagination, they are just kind of like amorphous amalgams of images that I already have somewhere in my noodle. Being able to actually see them must be amazing!!!

Actually, I would love to be able to illustrate my stories a little (I think that would really help with imagining the characters that I'm describing -- not the actions, so much), but maybe that's just me... Perhaps images would distract from the stories rather than enhance them... Either way, I don't know how to do any AI stuff, so I guess it's a moot point anyway!

WOW!! I just took a look and they are stunning!!!! I would love to be able to see my characters. In my imagination, they are just kind of like amorphous amalgams of images that I already have somewhere in my noodle. Being able to actually see them must be amazing!!!
Yeah. It’s actually both addictive and a lot of effort. It gets it wrong like 49 times out of 50. Maybe 99 times out of 100. Or it gets it almost right but a hand looks like a face hugger out of Alien.

Overall, I’ve been pleased how close I was able to get to many of my characters.

Emily

Actually, I would love to be able to illustrate my stories a little (I think that would really help with imagining the characters that I'm describing -- not the actions, so much), but maybe that's just me... Perhaps images would distract from the stories rather than enhance them... Either way, I don't know how to do any AI stuff, so I guess it's a moot point anyway!
I won’t bother @AH_Mod by embedding the actual post here, but this one of Emma the she-demon singing was lots of fun…

Here be Xitter AI images, arrr!

Emily

It’s a double-edged sword. I’ve had people request “custom” images of my characters.

Emily

You can't use AI images for illustrations, so that's a non-starter. You could see if anyone in the Visual Artists Corner would be interested in a collab.

Illustrated to tend to get high view counts, but they also take a lot longer to be approved.

Back