Hoping to Ask a Wheat Farmer a Few Questions

He's only looking for information on farming, not on your actual life.
You do understand that I am fully aware that he's not actually writing of story of my life, don't you? And that I only said what I said because the information he was looking for was literally my life growing up? And when I said the story he writes will be better than my story, it was meant to indicate my life wasn't really anything that would find the pages of Literotica?

You can let it go now.

I'm not good at letting go! And yes, I knew all that. But you could still give the fellow a helping hand. You do realize he isn't asking for a jerk-job, right? :nana: :p
You do understand that I am fully aware that he's not actually writing of story of my life, don't you? And that I only said what I said because the information he was looking for was literally my life growing up? And when I said the story he writes will be better than my story, it was meant to indicate my life wasn't really anything that would find the pages of Literotica?

You can let it go now.

I'm not good at letting go! And yes, I knew all that. But you could still give the fellow a helping hand. You do realize he isn't asking for a jerk-job, right? :nana: :p
I have already been communicating with him. Where did I say that I wasn't going to do that? Would you like me to send you what I've already shared?

Is this a Kansas vs. Oklahoma thing?

It was a joke. Right from my post, it was a joke. There is no Kansas vs Oklahoma thing other than in sports. And that's pretty much over-starting now, as OU is no longer in the Big 12. Have a great day. I'm sorry I pissed you off so much. I'll not make a joke with a post you make again. Lesson learned.
I have already been communicating with him. Where did I say that I wasn't going to do that? Would you like me to send you what I've already shared?

Is this a Kansas vs. Oklahoma thing?

It was a joke. Right from my post, it was a joke. There is no Kansas vs Oklahoma thing other than in sports. And that's pretty much over-starting now, as OU is no longer in the Big 12. Have a great day. I'm sorry I pissed you off so much. I'll not make a joke with a post you make again. Lesson learned.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I won't be back.

That was the point of the joke. To make you feel welcome. If you'd looked around, you would have seen the joking between people here.

Feel free to pull up a chair, take a load off, and shoot the shit. But don't get defensive and argumentative when someone is joking with you. I don't believe you didn't realize my postings were jokes.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I won't be back.

For those who may be interested, the story that sprouted this pun-filled thread has been posted. Full Circle is a wheat little romance for anyone who is into crops.

Big thanks to @PapaRomantic, @deltablues65, and another anonymous Lit member for their patience answering my farming-related questions.

Apologies in advance for yet another wheat farming thread. If you've harvested wheat or are familiar with the process and would be willing to answer a few questions, please send me a private message.

I'm working on a story set in Kansas during harvest season for winter wheat. I've done some research, but I'd also like to chat with someone who knows what they're talking about so that I can make it seem like I know what I'M talking about. :)

I'd be grateful for your help and happy to credit you in an Author's Note.

✋ I farmed wheat--well, Dad did, but I helped!

Apologies in advance for yet another wheat farming thread. If you've harvested wheat or are familiar with the process and would be willing to answer a few questions, please send me a private message.

I'm working on a story set in Kansas during harvest season for winter wheat. I've done some research, but I'd also like to chat with someone who knows what they're talking about so that I can make it seem like I know what I'M talking about. :)

I'd be grateful for your help and happy to credit you in an Author's Note.
Did I hear KS..poor thing

Back