Hoping to Ask a Wheat Farmer a Few Questions

ThatNewGuy

Not new; Still a guy
Apologies in advance for yet another wheat farming thread. If you've harvested wheat or are familiar with the process and would be willing to answer a few questions, please send me a private message.

I'm working on a story set in Kansas during harvest season for winter wheat. I've done some research, but I'd also like to chat with someone who knows what they're talking about so that I can make it seem like I know what I'M talking about. :)

I'd be grateful for your help and happy to credit you in an Author's Note.

oh, too late for that I'm afraid, she's been tarred and feathered as part of our menage a décolletage.
Having written a fantasy about me and another female Lit writer (and had her reciprocate), it could become. ménage de l’écriture 🤣

I assumed this thread might quickly sink to the bottom of the main page with zero replies. I didn't count on @EmilyMiller and @onehitwanda coming to the rescue.

Once they get started, there's no stopping them. But I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt. Just food for thought. When they blabber, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm not always sure what they're up to, but I'm pretty sure it involves crops.

Now, quinoa please get back to the original subject?

Back to your original question: I can't help you, but you might list specific questions here. Some people might be able to answer some of them. The more specific detail you provide about the questions you want answered, the more likely you are to get a helpful reply.

Once they get started, there's no stopping them. But I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt. Just food for thought. When they blabber, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm not always sure what they're up to, but I'm pretty sure it involves crops.

Now, quinoa please get back to the original subject?

Back to your original question: I can't help you, but you might list specific questions here. Some people might be able to answer some of them. The more specific detail you provide about the questions you want answered, the more likely you are to get a helpful reply.
Pot - kettle - black!

One reply and the thread spins out of control. SNAFU. 😛

Yeah, ask out here. I'm not a farmer but I'm member of the Farm Bureau and actually read the monthly newsletter about farming in our area. IOW, passing familiarity, and we are surrounded by grain crops including winter wheat. Maybe a there's a grain of truth in what I know. Pun intended, I'm here for the party, too. Where's the keg? Oh... combines are big-ass lawnmowers. We can start there.

Back