History Replayed

"Maybe we should just go online and have you look there" she said softly. Of course she was perfectly fine with the dress, but he had a specific idea of what he wanted her to wear. "Are you thinking club wear, or around the house wear ?" she questioned not sure what occasion he wanted.

Allen replied, "One more stop, Nordstrom's is not far."

The went to the women's department and he saw a dress he liked. "Not necessarily the color but the style, I like."

"okay, i'm sure that if we go online there will be ads for the same type of dress at different places, was there anything else you wanted us to look at?" she snapped a picture of the dress so she could search for it when they got home.

"thats more of my comfort zone, but I thought you wanted more of the form showing stuff. Or are you liking my hiding clothes now?" she teased She flipped through some clothes on another rack an held this up for him. What do you think of this? Or this?

I like this, but i'm not sure that it will cover my scars.

Allen smiled, "The one I pointed out is cute and the overall style is one I thought you would like. The sheer volume of it can be taken in."

He looked at the dresses she pointed out, "Buy them all. Don't worry about the scars. Of they don't bother you, they will never bother me. If they do bother you, I can have them removed if you wish."

He looked down at her, placing his hands on her hips and turned her to him. "I accept you as you are, you need change nothing for me. If you want to change for yourself, then I will help
:

"There are a bazillion woman who will throw themselves at your feet for a glance from you. Instead you pick the one with a bazillion issues, a stalker who will kill to possess her, and who has the grace of an elephant. You are an enigma Allen, you're mysterious, charming, gallant, and all your missing is the white horse. I will tell you more about the scars when we're alone."

She got up on her toes and kissed his lips.

Allen savoured the kiss and remarked, "The horse died."

He gave her a half grin then handed her a credit card. "Make your purchases, get shoes and jewelry as well."

He left her to pick up the various sundries that she would need and looked at ties. Picking up a half dozen he returned and added them to her growing pile.

She shook her head at his sarcasm. and let out a light laugh. Adding some lingerie she buried it in the pile so he wouldn't see it. She wasn't sure where their relationship was going but she wanted to have something to help make her feel sexy enough for a man like him.

She wasn't in need of jewelry so she didn't add any to the pile, she did find a couple pairs of shoes, some heals, and pumps that would go well with some sandals.

Allen looked at the small pile and then at J, "Is that all? You will need more you know."

He took a quick inventory of her purchases then said, "J, I am offering a complete reset to your life. Elevating you to heights you cannot yet imagine, along with the perks and obligations that come from such station."

He smiled warmly, "Obviously I cannot make you accept all this, and more. But consider what I haven't shown you."

"one step at a time" she said softly. "I don't understand what this all means," she admitted a little flustered. "I agreed to let you get me some clothes, because you wanted to see my frame. You didn't say anything about resetting my life, or obligations and such. Do you realize that you're the first man i've not jumped out of my skin when he touched me in years?, I don't know what you're expecting."

a small panic attack was on the verge.

Allen gave her a warm smile, "My only expectation is for you to grow more into yourself with or without me."

He waved a hand at the small pile of clothes, "You are free to accept or not."

He reached out and touched her hand, "What do you think your reaction would be if I laid everything, absolutely everything out for you at one time?"

"Would you run or stay to discover?"

"If your arms were around me i'd probably stay, if not i would probably run." The amount of honesty that came from her mouth even surprised her. "I will accept, because you were gracious enough to offer, and you wanted me to wear something more or well less." she smirked a little. "How bout this, if i find that i need something, or you feel i need something, I'll ask, or you'll just get it. But for today, this is a good start."

Allen nodded, "That will work."

He grabbed the bagged articles and headed toward the doors. Once outside he handed the bags to his driver and turned to J, "Shall we go to dinner now?"

"are you taking me on a dinner date?" she questioned with a mischievous smile. She entered the car and scooted to the other side laying her head against the cool glass of the window. She watched as Allen entered the car. There was such a style about him.

"So where are you taking me?" she questioned looking at him with curiosity.

Closing the door, Allen said, "Joe's Seafood. It isn't far. Good seafood, great steak."
The car went the handful of blocks to the restaurant and Allen got out of the car first holding the door for J.

They were shown to a table at the back of the restaurant lights dimmed significantly. Sitting J, Allen sat across the table from her.

He looked at her and said. "I want to call you by your real name, the one your parents gave you.:

"That person doesn't exist anymore" she said softly fidgeting in her seat. "that person died when she was beaten, tortured, and starved. She was left for dead and discarded by the system that was suppose to keep her safe. Part of starting over, is being able to reinvent yourself as who you've always wanted to be. Name the new me whatever you like. But let her go."

Allen said nothing, merely nodding in agreement.

It was also the moment he decided to kill the two Colts, and slowly for Little Colt. Coming from a time when good men did evil things because that was the way it was, Allen had a treasure trove of ideas for punishment for Little Colt.

As for Big Colt, no one ever had what amounted to an easy transition to undeath, but Allen would ensure that Big Colt would want to die the final death as a part of his embrace.

While Allen held onto the belief that a woman should be subservient to her man, what sat in front of him was a broken woman. The state of submissiveness should complete her, not break her.

J studied the menu for a bit as they sat in silence. "Penny for your thoughts" she said softly reaching over the table to touch his hand. That was the thing about being with another person. You can never truly know what they're thinking. She wondered about what he said earlier about the whole truth.

He hadn't done anything to make any of her flags raise high, he didn't treat her like glass, Allen was everything she could have asked for in a man. But was she worthy of him, that was one of the latest questions that nagged at her. She had come a long way from where she was. But nothing could have prepared her for meeting him.

Allen took her hand in his and smiled at J, "Mostly about you, how far you have come, and how much farther there is to go."

"Your confidence has been shattered, and while I am trying to help you rebuild it, I don't want to press too hard or too fast. That is as, or more, damaging as what you have experienced. "

"I see" she said softly. "Allen, you have a way of calming me, you are good at sensing my lines and you're good at pushing them just enough and then bringing me back to my center. You're simply extraordinary. I've never met anyone quite like you before. Though i'm still upset about the horse." she gave a cocky smile trying to lighten the conversation.

Allen smiled, "He was a good horse. White twenty hands tall, strong and fast."

He caressed her hand absently, "What goals do you have?"

"well, that depends on whether i'm found or not. You mentioned you could forsee me as a general manager. So i think that's one goal. I'd like to get all your locations up and 'hip' with the new generations. And one day, i'd like to walk down the street without having to look over my shoulder. So theres that too." she let out a light chuckle.

"what are your goals?

Allen leaned over and earnestly said, "Your troubles with Colt are done. I am handling that it is costing surprisingly little, so lay that burden down at my feet, it is yours no longer."

He smiled, "Please don't mistake the night clubs as my only business. In fact they make up a paltry portion of my income."

He smiled at the waitress as she came up for their orders. "I will have my usual. J?"

J was a little taken back by his statement that her troubles with colt were done. Could this actually be true? could this shadow that has been haunting her finally be gone for good? could she believe it?

"Um crablegs please, house salad no onion ranch dressing, and baked potato with a coke please."
she gave her order to the waitress while she still tried to process what he had said.

"when you're ready to tell me more about what you do, i'm ready to listen."
she said softly.

Back