History Replayed

Allen spent the day, as he did most days, hiding from the sun. Those businesses of his which were, more or less, legitimate, he handled as he always did by sending feelings and thoughts out to those key people that could influence the business the best.

He smirked and wondered how many of the people that worked for him would shut their pants to find out that they worked for a vampire.

He rose slightly before sunset dressing in a suit with an open collar.

He could sense J roaming the house and smiled at her presence. He waited until she was far enough from the secret panel to leave. He wanted to prevent her being used as a pawn until she was more able to deal with the horrors that might find her.

J was beginning to go stir crazy, she couldn't connect to his WiFi, which was fine, she understood now more then ever why he had to have privacy. Although he had a nice collection of books, she was more of a vampire romance reader. Which at this point seemed kind of redundant since she was living and dating(?) one.

She didn't hear him, but when she turned and saw him she let out a squeal with a slight jump and then a laugh. "I hope you rested well, i'm starving and in desperate need of caffeine. Hector went out for me earlier. But i didn't want to interrupt his rest to go out for me again."

Allen nodded, "Of course. If you can provide a list of items you need, I can have them delivered here."

Her motioned her out follow as he headed back into his office and fired up the computer and the bank of monitors. "For the foreseeable future, or three days, we are staying here. After three days we will move to a new facility."

Stuck here for three days. Her face went blank for a moment. "I'll need wifi, food, I guess i can wear the clothes you bought for me, though i am kinda liking your t'shirt." she smirked at him before continuing. "toothpaste, deodorant, panties, another bra, soda, a toothbrush, and tampons, just in case."

Walking up to him she got up on her toes and gave him a light kiss on the lips."Hi" she said with a softness, then wrapped her arms around him. "What happened that we need to stay here?"

Allen did have to admit that J looked delicious wearing nothing but a tee shirt. Her breast swayed freely with each step, and when she wrapped her arms around him, he could feel her nipples bore into his chest.

His hands went almost automatically to her ass and he cupped her cheeks firmly and pulled her tight against his body, which he reacted to immediately as he thickened and hardened.

He looked at her and responded, "I know longer think the attack on the street was a random event. Someone attacked Bloodtastic last night."

He looked into her eyes and whispered, "While I will retrieve all you ask for, sometimes you lounging around naked would be a lovely thing, for me at least."

"I don't feel comfortable enough in my own skin to do that just yet. But one day i'm sure i will" she said softly enjoying how he held her against him. "Is the attack because of me?" she questioned worried of the chaos she may be bringing into his life. "Is Colts family somehow aligned with the vampire that came to my door that first night?"

Allen shook his head, "It is highly unlikely, I had made a major concession to them regarding you. My death would negate the deal."

He went to his desk and picked up the phone, "Hector, we need another driver for day duty. Also prepare the car, Lady Jayne needs to pick up some basic provisions."

She wanted to ask more but decided against it. Instead she went to one of the bags and pulled out one of the dress' he bought for her and went to the bathroom. "Can we go out to eat while we're out? She asked adjusting the form fitting dress ad she exited the bathroom.

Allen nodded, "Of course. Anything in particular you feel like? I assume I don't have to go through the charade of eating now?"

She gave him a smirk, "a fried catfish sandwich on grilled sourdough bread. Sounds good. We'll need to stop at a grocery store, how long has it been since you've been in one of those?"

He thought a moment, "To purchase food? Closer to 900 years than 800 years ago."

"I didn't want to go snooping around to see what you did and didnt have. But since you said 3 days i'll just grab a pack of food thats quick and easy that doesn't require much preparation. I did see a microwave so that will work. How does this dress look?"

Allen looked her over and nodded, "The dress pales compared to the woman within it."

Allen looked at J and said, "No, get food that is tasty. Even if we are in a defensive position until such time I clear the threat there is absolutely no reason to live in less than the luxurious level to which I at least am accustomed. "

J rolled her eyes, "but you're not eating, and there's nothing wrong with the taste of pizza, or grilled cheese or burritos. I don't want to buy food that will go to waste. And since i'm the only one eating, it seems silly to spend that kind of money for a temporary situation. I'm a simple girl, simple things will do just fine."

Allen raised an eyebrow and replied, "Even simple meals such as those can be made well, and taste well."

He held a hand out to her and said, "Let's go get what is required for you for three days. Though I will likely be on the phone for portions of our expedition. "

They found a place to eat that had what she was craving, though as always good company he was on the phone. She tuned out his conversations as most didn't really make sense to her. They stopped by a department food store so she was able to pick up the items she needed as well as get some food.

If you had told her a week ago she'd be going grocery shopping with a vampire she have written you off as beyond help. But instead here she was trolling the isles with one.

Back