Hidradenitis suppurativa and wax play?

ARoseSoSweet

Canadian Cutie :)
Does anyone have this skin condition and play with wax? have you had any issues with the wax? I'm guessing if you have a flare, especially open, you would avoid it but if the spots were healed over?

Does anyone have this skin condition and play with wax? have you had any issues with the wax? I'm guessing if you have a flare, especially open, you would avoid it but if the spots were healed over?

I do!

I've never had issues with the wax causing lesions or anything like that. Like you said, if there's an open wound, you obviously don't want to pour wax on that. But, yeah, on healed areas, I've never had any trouble with it.

But if it matters, my HS is relatively mild.

I do!

I've never had issues with the wax causing lesions or anything like that. Like you said, if there's an open wound, you obviously don't want to pour wax on that. But, yeah, on healed areas, I've never had any trouble with it.

But if it matters, my HS is relatively mild.
Mine is mild as well, but i've been getting more flares and sores than i used to.. I need to do some experimenting as to what may be the cause, but that's a whole different story and I'm looking into stuff.

Thank you!

Back