Healthy Eating/Fitness Goals? Check in here!

And now the hard part: keep doing it!

Unless you run at least three times a week, you will be back to square one each time you start..... And it will be hard.

You don't have to run neither fast nor far, but do yourself a favor, and do it often.
:rose:

(The marathon training has started, Lady C and I are going to ramp up the length now)

Good luck with your marathon training. Doing the 26.4 was always one of my life goals but my knees retired early. Which event(s) do you plan to run, if you don't mind?

I am doing well with cutting out sugar. I crave sweet less since I have. I was reminded about that as I indulged in some Cherry Garcia tonight. Had to wash it down with milk and now I want more. I am eating fairly Atkins lately. Less concerned about fat, avoiding simple starches and sugar. I love good Asian short-grained rice, and other than specialty blends mostly ate white rice. I bought some regular brown rice that I have not cooked in years. In a rice cooker with plenty of water and time it was nutty and delicious with nothing added.

Good luck with your marathon training. Doing the 26.4 was always one of my life goals but my knees retired early. Which event(s) do you plan to run, if you don't mind?

Lady C and I try to run a Marathon every year.
It is something to aim for, and a very real promise of grade A pain if you shirk.

This year we plan for a small local run with only a few hundred runners (in quite rolling terrain). We took the same one last year, and it was challenging but nice.

We are not exactly teenagers anymore, so we'll take it easy and keep a pace that lets us chat as we run.

Lady C and I try to run a Marathon every year.
It is something to aim for, and a very real promise of grade A pain if you shirk.

This year we plan for a small local run with only a few hundred runners (in quite rolling terrain). We took the same one last year, and it was challenging but nice.

We are not exactly teenagers anymore, so we'll take it easy and keep a pace that lets us chat as we run.

That sounds like a great deal of fun. Although qualifying for and running Boston was a dream for many years (for which I failed to train, I should add), there's a marathon run along the coast of Maine, where I was born, that is insanely scenic. That would be a fun one. My wifely one has completed the Chicago marathon and will likely do another before she hangs up her Newtons, but I, alas, am confined to the spectators' lines.

That sounds like a great deal of fun. Although qualifying for and running Boston was a dream for many years (for which I failed to train, I should add), there's a marathon run along the coast of Maine, where I was born, that is insanely scenic. That would be a fun one. My wifely one has completed the Chicago marathon and will likely do another before she hangs up her Newtons, but I, alas, am confined to the spectators' lines.

I will join you on the spectator line and we'll make it a drinking game. How about a shot every time she crosses a mile marker? :D

I will join you on the spectator line and we'll make it a drinking game. How about a shot every time she crosses a mile marker? :D

That could work, especially if there's plenty of good food on hand to blunt the effect of taking 26 hits to the liver. The marathon org actually has an app that sends text messages to interested parties telling when a runner has passed each of 4 or 5 mileposts plus the start and finish. There's no way to know about passing each mile marker without following in a pace car (decidedly against the rules, I found out), but one can estimate pretty accurately. :D

That could work, especially if there's plenty of good food on hand to blunt the effect of taking 26 hits to the liver. The marathon org actually has an app that sends text messages to interested parties telling when a runner has passed each of 4 or 5 mileposts plus the start and finish. There's no way to know about passing each mile marker without following in a pace car (decidedly against the rules, I found out), but one can estimate pretty accurately. :D

Let's get some deep dish to soak up the booze and do a shot every time she passes a milepost.

Who else wants to come along? Let's just make it a Chicago shit-show weekend. Don't forget to bring your suits!

Let's get some deep dish to soak up the booze and do a shot every time she passes a milepost.

Who else wants to come along? Let's just make it a Chicago shit-show weekend. Don't forget to bring your suits!

Plus, it's on a long weekend (at least in Illinois, where we celebrate Columbus Day because of the preponderance of productive Italians in our city's history - see Capone, Al).

So quiet in here!

This weeks total effort:
1 trip to the gym
1 swim
51 km of running

( first week this year to pass 50 km total :D )

Bump.

Ran a July 4 5K. Not a PR, but not my worst time, either.

I figured out why bridge position is so uncomfortable. My shoulder and hip flexor mobility is limited and my lower back is trying to compensate. So now I'm working on opening them up. I found some great stretches and some tips on using a tennis ball.

Popped a hamstring 16 days ago. Doing cartwheels, of all things. FML

Still able to row and bike at the gym, fortunately.

Time to revive the thread!

Ran the annual Marathon this weekend.

Nice weather, well arranged, only slightly sore now and no injuries.
:)

My hamstring is still causing problems for me, and I injured it on July 16.

Time to revive the thread!

Ran the annual Marathon this weekend.

Nice weather, well arranged, only slightly sore now and no injuries.
:)

That's great!

I'm just happy that so far this season I seem to actually get my swimming done instead of having to work late and even getting gym visits in regularly.:eek:

This thread has been dormant!

I got below my target weight, ran a marathon, and here in December the bloody scales malfunctioned, and is showing 76kg.

No candy, no butter and back to running every other day!

Bump!

I'm finally able to run for 30-minute stretches after injuring my hamstring in July, and I've gotten back into lifting as well.

Back