Gun violence, American style - 1 in 5

I'm waiting. Finish the quote for context.
I never had active-shooter drills when I was going to elementary school. You comparing the cost stats for mass shootings to the total of all costs from fast food and tobacco does not relieve the pain of all the families that have lost loved ones to the sharp increase in mass shootings in America. There is no validity whatsoever to compare self-inflicted causes of death and ill-health with victims of mass shootings or victims of irresponsible storage/use of guns.

I agree with the thesis that gun owners should be required to have liability insurance (as you would for a vehicle) and tobacco users should pay for higher health insurance premiums.

I never had active-shooter drills when I was going to elementary school. You comparing the cost stats for mass shootings to the total of all costs from fast food and tobacco does not relieve the pain of all the families that have lost loved ones to the sharp increase in mass shootings in America. There is no validity whatsoever to compare self-inflicted causes of death and ill-health with victims of mass shootings or victims of irresponsible storage/use of guns.

I agree with the thesis that gun owners should be required to have liability insurance (as you would for a vehicle) and tobacco users should pay for higher health insurance premiums.
Swing and a miss. The comparison is for total number of lives lost and that the OP (as well as you) don't really care about human life as much as the political aspect. If you did, you would realize your efforts would be better spent getting cigarettes banned than working on gun control, saving a LOT more lives in the process. This is just political yapping on your part, not a real concern for human life.

This is just political yapping on your part, not a real concern for human life.
What? Each life is important, don't start saying, well we can discount gun deaths because cancer kills more. Fuck off with that childish thinking and face reality.

What? Each life is important, don't start saying, well we can discount gun deaths because cancer kills more. Fuck off with that childish thinking and face reality.
The anti-gun types show how unimportant these lives really are. This minority of deaths is on TV and causes these people to scream ban guns. It's outright marketed to you nitwits and you buy it because it is more visceral. Many times that number of people die from smoking and obesity DAILY, and no one bats an eye. So this isn't about trying to save lives. This is simply about trying to control people that, without government assistance, you can't control.

The anti-gun types show how unimportant these lives really are.
No you are the one showing how you view these childrens lives as being unimportant. Don't try and pass your words off to someone else.

Either you have guts to take ownership, or you're just another fucked in the head gun nut who thinks the 2nd is a virtual pass to own and do whatever the hell you want with a firearm.

No you are the one showing how you view these childrens lives as being unimportant. Don't try and pass your words off to someone else.

Either you have guts to take ownership, or you're just another fucked in the head gun nut who thinks the 2nd is a virtual pass to own and do whatever the hell you want with a firearm.
Don't be stupid. Unless projecting your idiocy upon others and hoping it sticks is your standard. You try to speak for me while I am showing that this is a simply a political ploy to control others. And nice hyperbole. You obvious agitation shows how easily you're falling for this line.

Swing and a miss. The comparison is for total number of lives lost and that the OP (as well as you) don't really care about human life as much as the political aspect. If you did, you would realize your efforts would be better spent getting cigarettes banned than working on gun control, saving a LOT more lives in the process. This is just political yapping on your part, not a real concern for human life.
This is one of the weirdest gun-nut arguments I have ever heard. You certainly took on an appropriate user name.

This is one of the weirdest gun-nut arguments I have ever heard. You certainly took on an appropriate user name.
An account name is the best try at a buff you can manage? Your mother and I are so disappointed in you.

Somewhere, some idiots (on this forum) are trying to argue that because more people die from old age around the world than from school shootings, we don't need to worry about school shootings. Nor other mass murders, never mind single murders and accidents. Suicides? Carry on, be my guest.

It's a bold strategy from people who on other threads will claim to be representing 'law & order' (whilst supporting a fraudster wannabe dictator), 'free speech' (whilst trying to cancel corporations that have LGBTQ hiring policies) and be 'Christian' (whilst denying every single teaching of Jesus according to the Bible).

Reread your reply.
Then why is the US ranking in the safest countries in the world now at 129th place?

Agreed

Well some are very expensive and others not so much. I have 19 and the most I paid was about $900.00 bucks.

Most people by choice decide if they want one or not. I've never met someone who said I don't own a firearm because they are too expensive.

And how do you propose to keep them out of the wrong hands?
That's 19 firearms Fool, so next time you decide to change my posts, please remember I know a little bit about firearms, more I suspect than a drolllingfool.

I should mention that I have 20 now, since I just picked up an antique double barrel 10 gauge for display.

florida:

woman shot dead (as she held her baby in a sling carrier) by her younger brother, 14, who was, in turn, shot by their 15 year old brother...in a row over who had the most xmas presents.

wtf were they doing with guns? these tragedies need not happen.
Abrielle Baldwin, 23, was shot in the chest by one brother while she had her 10-month-old son in a carrier, the Florida sheriff's office said.
The brother was then shot by their other sibling, who pulled his own gun, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.

It added that the shooting followed an argument over who was getting more presents.
Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told reporters the older teenager, who is 15, ran from the scene and tossed his gun away.
The younger brother, a 14-year-old, was taken to hospital in a stable condition and will be taken into custody when he is released, police said.

so one dead sister, a motherless baby, a 14 year old to be charged, possibly as an adult, with the death of his sister, and the other kid of 15 charged with attempted murder and interfering with evidence. I'll say this now and fuck anyone who doesn't agree: if the parents bought them those guns, allowed them free access to them, then they are as much to blame as anyone in this scenario.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635?at_campaign_type=owned&at_medium=emails&at_objective=awareness&at_ptr_type=email&at_ptr_name=salesforce&at_campaign=newsbriefing&at_email_send_date=20231227&at_send_id=4022204&at_link_title=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635&at_bbc_team=crm

florida:

woman shot dead (as she held her baby in a sling carrier) by her younger brother, 14, who was, in turn, shot by their 15 year old brother...in a row over who had the most xmas presents.

so one dead sister, a motherless baby, a 14 year old to be charged, possibly as an adult, with the death of his sister, and the other kid of 15 charged with attempted murder and interfering with evidence. I'll say this now and fuck anyone who doesn't agree: if the parents bought them those guns, allowed them free access to them, then they are as much to blame as anyone in this scenario.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635?at_campaign_type=owned&at_medium=emails&at_objective=awareness&at_ptr_type=email&at_ptr_name=salesforce&at_campaign=newsbriefing&at_email_send_date=20231227&at_send_id=4022204&at_link_title=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635&at_bbc_team=crm
No, this demonstrates nothing more than a very poor job of being a parent and raising children without any discipline. Getting angry over who received more Christmas presents..... fuck me to tears.....

^^ This demonstrates nothing more than a very poor job of understanding we have such insane numbers of guns and access to guns in this country that a 14 and 15 year old both had their own guns.

So one must ask, in light of all the bad parents, what policies does this person actively support and work toward that would assist in the decrease of very poor parents.

Besides, of course, their deaths.

Guns don't kill people, children with guns kill people.
The only thing that will stop a bad child with a gun is a good child with a gun.
Give every child a gun so that they can defend themselves against other children with guns.

Yada Yada.

florida:

From eyewitness accounts, this family was locally infamous for each and every member packing a pistol everywhere they went.

I thought Rightguide told us "an armed society is a polite society"?
This doesn't seem very polite.
The exact opposite, in fact.
Am I missing something here Rightguide?
Hmm?

From eyewitness accounts, this family was locally infamous for each and every member packing a pistol everywhere they went.

Hmm?
Misguide carefully ignores those armed societies such as Yemen and Nicaragua which are more likely to be described as 'broken' than 'polite' and also places like the UK where the politeness to armed ratio doesn't support his stupidity.

What he means is, he's only polite when faced by someone who is armed.

Hmm?
kids will be kids, and i have no doubt there are many sibling squabbles at xmas time... if things get extra heated, that might result in a black eye or pulled hair and reprimands from loving parents. Toss guns into the mix and you have a lethal cocktail just asking to be drunk.

Back