Gun violence, American style - 1 in 5

adrina

Heretic
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...adults-threatened-gun-point/story?id=98481087

Survey estimates 1 in 5 adults say they've been threatened with a gun at some point

About one in five adults say they’ve been threatened with a gun at some point in their life according to a new survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The report, published Tuesday, looked at 1,271 Americans’ experiences with gun-related violence and incidents across the U.S. between March 14 and 23, 2023.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...alt-with-gun-violence-in-their-personal-lives

More than half of Americans have dealt with gun violence in their personal lives

A majority of Americans have felt the long reach of the nation's gun violence epidemic in one way or another.

That's one of the takeaways from a national poll released on Tuesday by KFF, a nonprofit that focuses on health care research.

Specifically, the poll found about one in five people report having a family member who was fatally shot. The same share say they have been threatened with a gun. One in six said they have personally witnessed a shooting.

Been there, done that.

A gang member my older brother knew pointed a .45 at me as some kind of test. I guess I passed when I didn’t even blink. Of course I was just “playing it cool”. A .45 is an ugly and scary gun when it’s pointed at you from a few feet away. The barrel looks like a cannon.

And before the RWCJ “members” get a hardon for a black “thug”, the POS was a member of a white biker gang. Back in the day there were far more and larger white gangs than any other kind in my area.

Guns are bad enough, but combined with indoctrinated toxic masculinity, they’re a fucking nightmare.

SAD!!!

Me as well. Some whacko white dude started waving his gun around because he felt threatened. I was on the perimeter but not out of gun shot range. I snuck away slowly. Apparently, he was gone before the cops could get there.

America has more guns than people.

Me as well. Some whacko white dude started waving his gun around because he felt threatened. I was on the perimeter but not out of gun shot range. I snuck away slowly. Apparently, he was gone before the cops could get there.

America has more guns than people.
Always a racial overtone with you progressives.

It's always attacking the polls. And spouting angry things.

And Americans will continue to be murdered and victimized by mass shootings just about every single day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is not okay.

Americans are being killed every day by guns. It is in epidemic proportions. It happens no where else in the civilized world, and frankly, in most of the rest of it regardless of status.

And this is the response this poster chose.

Americans are being killed every day by guns. It is in epidemic proportions. It happens no where else in the civilized world, and frankly, in most of the rest of it regardless of status.

And this is the response this poster chose.
Well, you and Laz frothing at the bit to point out white dudes, more of the *white man bad*.

What you failed to mention from the article is that the occurrence of gun violence committed by black people outnumber white and hispanics two to one. That's not a racist statement, that was a finding from the article.

More progressive style fair and balanced. More lying by omission.

Well, you and Laz frothing at the bit to point out white dudes, more of the *white man bad*.

What you failed to mention from the article is that the occurrence of gun violence committed by black people outnumber white and hispanics two to one. That's not a racist statement, that was a finding from the article.

More progressive style fair and balanced. More lying by omission.
no one said "white man bad" captain dumbass. your unmanly histrionics aren't helping you.

no one said "white man bad" captain dumbass. your unmanly histrionics aren't helping you.

Yeah, ineedhelp1 probably missed that I and Adrina were simply relating our own personal experiences.

Could ineedhelp1 be any more fragile???

👉 ineedhelp1 🤣

🇺🇸

Just Ignored icanhelp1.
I've been blocking/ignoring the swarmy fascists on all platforms since the Trump cancer began metastasizing online. Amazing how much time they have to troll.
Regarding the national gun sickness: gun nuts and trolls insist on dismissing the 1st clause of 2A with regard to 'well-regulated'.
Legislation needs to be introduced, Nationally, that requires qualification and training to legally own/carry a firearm.
It's a 1st step in adhering to Constitutional law.

It's always attacking the polls. And spouting angry things.

And Americans will continue to be murdered and victimized by mass shootings just about every single day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is not okay.

I guess you believe that the 80% who aren't doing any of this are just forcing the 20% to go around hurting innocents.

THE problem here is that you use bullshit like this as a mandate to lie just to advance your false agenda. It's not about guns at all, it's about fuckwits like you thinking that easy half baked answers equate to actual solutions. The reality is that America has a mental health crisis problem. Solve that and you'll stop the rising crime rate at the same time.

I guess you believe that the 80% who aren't doing any of this are just forcing the 20% to go around hurting innocents.

THE problem here is that you use bullshit like this as a mandate to lie just to advance your false agenda. It's not about guns at all, it's about fuckwits like you thinking that easy half baked answers equate to actual solutions. The reality is that America has a mental health crisis problem. Solve that and you'll stop the rising crime rate at the same time.
Shootings by mentally ills folks are much less pervasive when the mentally ill don't have guns.

Just Ignored icanhelp1.
I've been blocking/ignoring the swarmy fascists on all platforms since the Trump cancer began metastasizing online. Amazing how much time they have to troll.
Regarding the national gun sickness: gun nuts and trolls insist on dismissing the 1st clause of 2A with regard to 'well-regulated'.
Legislation needs to be introduced, Nationally, that requires qualification and training to legally own/carry a firearm.
It's a 1st step in adhering to Constitutional law.

Lol.

WE insist on ignoring "well regulated"? US?

Don't make me laugh.

don't ignore him. his unintentionally funny histrionics are worth the price of admission.

Harpy rides in with their numpty derp screed accusing others of not advancing solutions, despite years of ACTUAL and ACTIONABLE solutions being ridiculed, ignored, or declared out of hand as unconstitutional / un-American by trash like Harpy.

👉 Harpy 🤣

🇺🇸

Last edited:
Back