Grammar fetish

born2rebellis

Experienced
Here’s something for you to chew on.

I dare say most people come to this forum to get there rocks off, that’s the end goal, the motive.

If your writing has the ability to make people cum, then you fulfil your purpose on this particular forum for the majority of people—[I would assume]

I for one, when reading stories on this forum, am not looking at the laws of grammar.
Or should say, overlook the laws of grammar when scanning for the more important factors of writing that are going to get my rocks off, I’m not going to be any less aroused by someone who has a way with words that meet my desires, however makes subtle grammar mistakes.
It’s creative wording that turns me on, describing unique sexual acts.

So I have a seriously question to ask, since many people on here seem to be turned off by subtle grammar errors, I was wondering, when the laws of grammar are applied correctly, even though the story is rubbish, does it make you climax? And I’m not being satirical either, as many people I’ve spoken to on here profess that the story was ‘ruined’ for them due grammar errors, therefore when grammar is done correctly does it satisfy one’s sexual desires?

If so, I personally believe that this might belong in the fetish section, It’s a new one for me, but hey, I’ve seen a lot weirder and there would be no shame in admitting it, in fact, it would actually make a lot of sense.

On that note, I would like to express that I’ve been enjoying improving my grammar and punctuation of late, I don’t resent grammar and punctuation, I do however detest when people use their more experienced grammar/knowledge as an excuse to put me down, especially when I’m trying my best to learn more everyday.

65 posts over three days on three threads on three boards.

Who's got your fetish now Baby?

Kojak-750x500.jpg

So I have a seriously question to ask, since many people on here seem to be turned off by subtle grammar errors, I was wondering, when the laws of grammar are applied correctly, even though the story is rubbish, does it make you climax? And I’m not being satirical either, as many people I’ve spoken to on here profess that the story was ‘ruined’ for them due grammar errors, therefore when grammar is done correctly does it satisfy one’s sexual desires?
I can often overlook grammar and spelling mistakes if the story holds my interest, but often find a poorly written (IMO) or uninteresting story (for me) is not a turn on. So I may not finish reading a story that can't hold my interest.

The story may have perfect grammar but, if the story doesn't catch my interest, that makes no difference.

SoI guess that is one fetish that I don't have. ;)

Last edited:
65 posts over three days on three threads on three boards.

Who's got your fetish now Baby?

Kojak-750x500.jpg

Is that really a lot? 20 comments a day? I’d probably send 20 text messages a day as well to a friend of mine. Before this particular forum, it was 20 comments on YouTube, I’ve recently retired from YouTube, I had a channel as I was into ‘the truth movement’ and all that jaz, however I’ve distanced myself from that community of ‘intellectuals.’ No longer do I comment or post on Facebook anymore either, or should I say Iether? There’s an idiosyncrasy if I’ve ever seen one.

I guess you could say I enjoy expressing myself. I pride myself on free thinking/speech and have felt the chains of bondage of late due to certain elements of this forum.

I am however beginning to look on the bright-side, as writing has always been my true passion, It’s just never been structured very well and the mechanics haven’t been their. Due to the restrictions on this forum, it’s forcing me into becoming a ‘better’ writer and I mean that in a technical sense.

Last edited:
I can often overlook grammar and spelling mistakes if the story holds my interest, but often find a poorly written (IMO) or uninteresting story (for me) is not a turn on. So I may not finish reading a story that can't hold my interest.

The story may have perfect grammar but, if the story doesn't catch my interest, that makes no difference.

Thanks for rational response, Sir. Grammar and punctuation are important to an extent, I believe people will master the art if they’re serious about writing, It’s always good to learn new things. Most people who’ve come as far as to sign up to the forum and bother to enter a story, would clearly have some interest in writing, therefore I would never use harsh criticism of there grammar errors especially if the content is fire.
I would in fact, mention that there content is great and encourage them to improve there grammar as it would make there stories even better
I’d never ridicule them for grammar errors if I thought they had ability as a writer, that to me is just criminal and the best way to turn someone off writing, it really is a criminal offence as there’s not enough decent writers as there is, just a lot of pretenders who think they are because they’re technically good.

Last edited:

I believe literacy skills are often the result of a good education, not everyone has been so blessed, I’d also like to point out that in my town, I’ve met many people, adults my age who attended ‘the special school’ because they had problems learning when it came to literacy, mostly ADHD/Dyslexia and such, therefore I’m understanding and compassionate when it comes the subject.

It’s a generational thing as well, people grow with parents who weren’t educated and learn there language from there parents who aren’t technically correct, I know my father couldn’t speak for shit and he was teaching me my first words. I’ve been ‘corrupted’ since birth.
I wouldn’t say he was a stupid guy, very smart in fact, street-smart. And life smarts but he can’t read or write for shit and now I’m finding myself ‘un-learning’ so much and beginning to teach myself.

I don’t believe people take this on board enough when they’re so critical and harsh of others when it comes to the mater.

Thanks for rational response, Sir. Grammar and punctuation are important to an extent, I believe people will master the art if they’re serious about writing, It’s always good to learn new things. Most people who’ve come as far as to sign up to the forum and bother to enter a story, would clearly have some interest in writing, therefore I would never use harsh criticism of there grammar errors especially if the content is fire.
I would in fact, mention that there content is great and encourage them to improve there grammar as it would make there stories even better
I’d never ridicule them for grammar errors if I thought they had ability as a writer, that to me is just criminal and the best way to turn someone off writing, it really is a criminal offence as there’s not enough decent writers as there is, just a lot of pretenders who think they are because they’re technically good.

A great part of my job is technical documents and reports, and often poorly constructed content can impart incorrect information, therefore I can be extremely critical of grammar and content. However at all times I am trying to help that person to improve, so it is a teaching approach rather than just saying "that is rubbish".

As you say, with stories, if I am asked, I will try to offer advice on improvement - for example English may not be a person's first language. Encouragment is always key, after all the person has taken the trouble to write this content and helping them learn and gain even more pleasure from writing is surely what we all should be aiming for.

Never great at Grammar. But have been very active so my mind is full of sexual thoughts. Now that i'm in a sexless marriage it really races. Im great in PM but if your a grammar freak dont chat with me LOL.
I can understand why people feel the way they do about grammar. I'm a talker not a writer, pretty hard to chat to everyone. Now that would be cool to have Whereby call and chat about things. Trying to watch everyone to see what they're doing. Then those 2 people say " Im out i cant take the way he talks.... he doesnt finish his sentences;)

Ever buddi's always hung on Grammar. Don' no buddi care nuthin' 'bout Gramper.

Never great at Grammar. But have been very active so my mind is full of sexual thoughts. Now that i'm in a sexless marriage it really races. Im great in PM but if your a grammar freak dont chat with me LOL.
I can understand why people feel the way they do about grammar. I'm a talker not a writer, pretty hard to chat to everyone. Now that would be cool to have Whereby call and chat about things. Trying to watch everyone to see what they're doing. Then those 2 people say " Im out i cant take the way he talks.... he doesnt finish his sentences;)

Haha, I understand what you said perfectly, just because there’s ‘lack of grammar’ and “broken grammar rules” it didn’t stop me from reading what you said and stop your ability to articulate yourself and make a point not to mention the text was unique and portrayed a laid -back and chill personality

Lol “grammar freak”

Big difference between standard written grammar and writing down the grammar of a dialect of a narrator
. The latter can really add to the vivid images you're trying to get across. Non-standard spelling can help too, but only in small doses, or it's too much of a barrier for readers. Same with dialect vocab - it needs to be clear from context what words mean.

I enjoy reading stories on most topics if they describe things in original ways or have convincing characters. A narrator's grammar etc can assist with that. If they have original, convincing characters I can overlook a lot of grammar 'faults' but perfect punctuation isn't sufficient on its own.

I like playing with dialects and nonstandard grammars. Whether I'm any good at it is another question, but I get comments about how readers loved the insight into a foreign world, and the story was hot even if they didn't understand it, which I like.

Here's the original question: "When the laws of grammar are applied correctly, even though the story is rubbish, does it make you climax?"

No, and I doubt that anyone gets off on reading school textbooks, although some get off on the pictures in them. If reading a textbook with flawless grammar leads someone to climax, it's only because the thoughts are of the hot professor or graduate assistant who's leading the class.

If the question is whether faulty grammar detracts from the experience of reading erotica, for me it does, greatly so. In dialogue, quoted material, it doesn't matter. People speak the way they speak. However, third-person narrative isn't exciting for me if it's written poorly.

Bad grammar in prose is like a large oozing sore on a cock. It's distracting in way that isn't conducive to arousal. I'm going to stop and find something else to read.

Does proper grammar enhance the experience? Yes.

If you want a broad audience to enjoy your writing, and if grammar isn't your thing, find yourself a volunteer proofreader/editor. Fine points of grammar can be debated, but writing that has multiple glaring flaws, unequivocal errors, is never going to hold my interest.
J'agree

I dare say most people come to this forum to get there rocks off, that’s the end goal, the motive.

If your writing has the ability to make people cum, then you fulfil your purpose on this particular forum for the majority of people—[I would assume]

I for one, when reading stories on this forum, am not looking at the laws of grammar.
Or should say, overlook the laws of grammar when scanning for the more important factors of writing that are going to get my rocks off, I’m not going to be any less aroused by someone who has a way with words that meet my desires, however makes subtle grammar mistakes.

If so, I personally believe that this might belong in the fetish section, It’s a new one for me, but hey, I’ve seen a lot weirder and there would be no shame in admitting it, in fact, it would actually make a lot of sense.

On that note, I would like to express that I’ve been enjoying improving my grammar and punctuation of late, I don’t resent grammar and punctuation, I do however detest when people use their more experienced grammar/knowledge as an excuse to put me down, especially when I’m trying my best to learn more everyday.
Alrighty, then. Let me first observe that your basic premise is flawed, and so then your conclusions are as well. (You did cop to the fact that your premise is only an assumption on your part.)

While there are a certain number of people who of course do come "... to get there (sic) rocks off...", I can assure you that they are not at all in the majority. There are a vast number of sites out there for those who are in your category, and they have all the material you need for that audience.
You then confirm that you are among those who do not appreciate or respect the site for what it is when you admit that, "I for one, when reading stories on this forum, am not looking at the laws of grammar. Or should say, overlook the laws of grammar when scanning for the more important factors of writing that are going to get my rocks off,..."
Hoo boy. The more important factors? Your misconception, brought on by a lack of reason here, becomes obvious when you pose the question, "...when the laws of grammar are applied correctly, even though the story is rubbish, does it make you climax?" Well, the simple answer to the simplistic question is obviously... no.
And I believe my own views are supported by your own observations regarding those who find that bad writing is a turn-off for them. (And no, of course error-free writing in itself does not "...satisfy one’s sexual desires.")
If you come out on the field or court not having bothered to educate yourself as to the rules of the game, whatever it may be, you can expect to be booed and jeered out of the game, and rightfully so. You've put your ego before the rights and expectations of your team and your audience.
But to get closer to our own situation here, let's use another analogy. You're driving down a deserted road with your lover, and things begin to get hot and fun, and she or he pulls down your pants and begins some serious play. Now you're both heavily into it and moving toward a delicious conclusion .... when you begin to hit every pothole you can find. That's it. That game's over. Who wants to have an erotic moment ruined by a clumsy and inept driver?
There are, surely, a fair amount of those here attempting to write who are simply not ready for prime time, but they are frequently caused to become aware of the fact, as well they should be.
Certainly you can be applauded for your stated efforts at improvement, but you should recognize the fact that, until you have improved, if you continue to post your work, you should be prepared for all the negative reaction you receive.
So, no, those who expect a quality performance produced by someone who has taken the time and effort to first learn the rules of the game are not fetishists. Writing has its rules, as does every art, and even the universe itself, and if you want to play and survive, you've got to put in the time and the work to hone your skills, just like everyone else. Everything you need to help you do that is available out there, and I'd suggest that your first step should be finding an editor you can work with. There are a lot of good folks right here on this site willing to share their time and knowledge to help you rise to the level you're hoping for. Good luck.

"So I have a seriously question" < you turned me off right there. SERIOUSLY!

I quit reading stories all the time because of how poorly they are written. Drives me nuts.

You did that on purpose, right?

I'd say, really bad grammar and spelling can ruin a story; minor mistakes probably won't if the plot and characters are compelling enough.

Back