GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Silky
I guess we all obsess about our age no matter what - here I am at 21 and I'm desperate for a relationship of any gender but I'm too frightened to go out and mix. Does the whole relationship thing still fill your head when you get older? I hope not... I think people get judged less on their looks as they get older.
I feel so in-between just now. Maybe I'll feel less of a fraud once I've had my surgery. I project my happy confident self but inside... humph. Maybe I'm just tired.

I had a fab time down at Larmer Tree fest. You were right, it is quite a small venue but I liked that because I actually began to recognise people after 24hrs. The music was much better than I'd expected and I to confess *lowers voice to whisper* I really liked the folk music :) There's was loads of modern folk like Lau and even Abi Wade and her weird cello playing. Not enough ladies loos.

Mood - tired and slightly grumpy ;)
Listening to - the washing m/c
Wearing - the only clean clothes I have

Hi Silky
I guess we all obsess about our age no matter what - here I am at 21 and I'm desperate for a relationship of any gender but I'm too frightened to go out and mix. Does the whole relationship thing still fill your head when you get older? I hope not... I think people get judged less on their looks as they get older.
I feel so in-between just now. Maybe I'll feel less of a fraud once I've had my surgery. I project my happy confident self but inside... humph. Maybe I'm just tired.

I had a fab time down at Larmer Tree fest. You were right, it is quite a small venue but I liked that because I actually began to recognise people after 24hrs. The music was much better than I'd expected and I to confess *lowers voice to whisper* I really liked the folk music :) There's was loads of modern folk like Lau and even Abi Wade and her weird cello playing. Not enough ladies loos.

Mood - tired and slightly grumpy ;)
Listening to - the washing m/c
Wearing - the only clean clothes I have

Careful confessing to liking folk music is regarded as being on a par with being a Gary Glitter fan :eek:
Glad you had a good time, I love festivals of all sizes, and good music can always be found if you look. :rose:

Since splitting with my partner of 20 years 3 years ago, whom I still have a good friendly relationship with, at that point I also decided to take a break from our playmates too, and haven't dated at all since then.
I wanted to take stock and decide what I actually want for the future, unfortunately havent yet figured it out so giving it all a miss. I am lucky that I have so much else going on in my life and sometimes feel there just isn't time or room for that special person in my life.

Don't harass your self into a relationship, take your time and decide what you want, don't feel you have to be part of a couple, there is more to life than that.:heart:

mood: tired

music: The Pukes - Because your young

wearing: red satin shorts, red tshirt

Thanks Silky ((hugs)) that's good advice and I ought to listen to it...

and the folk music was more beat/folk/rock/new age/avant garde mash-up :) OK so Lau have a guitar, accordion and violin but they have synth too... they do have beards though. Oh fuck.

Last edited:
Hello viberrrrs

From the UK passport applic form:

tumblr_mqgkqk2HcR1rx9ovro1_500.png

Which very grown up of them :)

Hello viberrrrs

From the UK passport applic form:

tumblr_mqgkqk2HcR1rx9ovro1_500.png

Which very grown up of them :)

hey sticky, vibers :rose:

That is pretty cool, actually! We don't have that here. (Here, being, the netherlands, that land of pot, tulips, prostitution, windmills, abortion, cheese and homosexuals. And mayonaise.)

Really, you should. The tulips are actually just a seasonal thing in a small part of the country. But the mayonaise is pretty good. :rolleyes:

Tulips and Mayonnaise aren't really my thing. I'm more about the Windmills and Cheese.

Tulips and Mayonnaise aren't really my thing. I'm more about the Windmills and Cheese.

To each their own, of course.

If you don't fancy abortion, by the way, there's also euthanasia as an option, just so you know.

Death, death, sex, sex, drugs and scenery. Snack? :D

To each their own, of course.

If you don't fancy abortion, by the way, there's also euthanasia as an option, just so you know.

Death, death, sex, sex, drugs and scenery. Snack? :D

That's it! I'm packing a bag right now. I....... LOVE....... SCENERY!!

That's it! I'm packing a bag right now. I....... LOVE....... SCENERY!!

Don't we all!

Did you know... *raises finger* ... that the fact that you can actually see most windmills in Dutch scenery, has to do with wind rights? If someone constructs a building next to your mill, and you lose your wind (and therefore your business), they have to pay for elevating your mill. This is still in effect. A lot of mills are part of town skylines because of this.

Hey. You said you loved scenery. :rolleyes:

Don't we all!

Did you know... *raises finger* ... that the fact that you can actually see most windmills in Dutch scenery, has to do with wind rights? If someone constructs a building next to your mill, and you lose your wind (and therefore your business), they have to pay for elevating your mill. This is still in effect. A lot of mills are part of town skylines because of this.

Hey. You said you loved scenery. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside. I actually find that interesting. And now I know all I need to know I guess the only thing left is sex and drugs.

What a shame!

Sarcasm aside. I actually find that interesting. And now I know all I need to know I guess the only thing left is sex and drugs.

What a shame!

Well, sex and drugs are boring! ;)

Let's see, is there anything intellectual to be said about pot? Well, legal issues are boring enough I think?

Smoking, buying and selling pot is condoned, but growing is not, unless it's a couple of plants for private use. Which creates the weird situation that working in a 'coffee shop' is a normal job, and having a marijuana farm can get you jail time. Which makes me wonder whether coffee shops sell Dutch homegrown weed at all, since that would mean illegal weed.

But I don't smoke, actually, so hey, I have no idea what I'm talking about really.

Well, sex and drugs are boring! ;)

Let's see, is there anything intellectual to be said about pot? Well, legal issues are boring enough I think?

Smoking, buying and selling pot is condoned, but growing is not, unless it's a couple of plants for private use. Which creates the weird situation that working in a 'coffee shop' is a normal job, and having a marijuana farm can get you jail time. Which makes me wonder whether coffee shops sell Dutch homegrown weed at all, since that would mean illegal weed.

But I don't smoke, actually, so hey, I have no idea what I'm talking about really.

Never smoked myself either.

Oh well, I'll stay here then. There's always Lit to help broaden my horizons.

Ally, you didn't mention the amazing water management system.... Hey so if the UK steals all your wind with our windfarms do we have to raise the Netherlands by a few meters? It would only be fair.
You got some good paintings too...
...haven't you got a queen?

Hello Cozo :)

Ally, you didn't mention the amazing water management system.... Hey so if the UK steals all your wind with our windfarms do we have to raise the Netherlands by a few meters? It would only be fair.

Hello Cozo :)

Ah, the paintings. I forgot about those. Good evening ma'am.

The water, yes! Honestly, that's quite impressive stuff, those waterworks.

Half the country's a tad below sea level, so if you steal the wind, please pay for raising us 6 meters please. (Yes that much.)

Yes, the paintings. Also forgetting the clogs. Nobody wears those, except for me, I got a pair, but I'm weird. There's the Delft Blue porcelain thing. And a ton of WWII stuff, Anne Frank youknowher.

Pretty rad but more obscure: the Frysian eleven towns ice skating race, which never happens, but we still think it will, every winter.

And: no, we have a king! Since this april! Which is weird, I liked having a queen. Fortunately they've got daughters.

Ugh time for bed here.

Naked bump

It's been horribly humid and hot last few days so when there was a sudden downpour last night I couldn't resist. Naked in the rain. It was colder than I expected :D
It was dark. We are not overlooked. I was on my own. I did remember to turn the security light off too

Pot aka. Cannabis the weed, that some people sees as "evil" , the weed to some can save people from cancer. Fact 1: people with sclerosis can perhaps not be cured from it, but cannabis can be used to help them away from having so much pain. The same goes to the people who has Fibromyalgia , which can help ease their pain. Fact 2: Tommy Chong had prostate cancer, and he is now cancer free thanks to hemp oil and proper diet. Which makes me think perhaps hemp oil can be used to treat other cancer forms. Cause CBD is the medical side of things. Fact 3: people with chronic soars has shown to be completely healed through CBD rich cannabis oil. I am all for that cannabis should be legalised. And why is that ? Cause the real facts, and the research has shown, that cannabis can cure a lot. But as Joe Rogan says:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I+said+leave+me+alone_698642_3298361.jpg

But if we do not take the medical part or the "drug" part. Then you can make so MANY other things from the hemp plant, which is everything from rope to alcohol.

http://hempforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/hempuses.jpg

http://legalize50.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/hemp_uses.gif

Last edited:
Right... err... so this is GLBT thing?

Actually not, but I read about pot and what not further up in the thread(Allyourbase mentioned it). So I got inspired. Which is me in a nutshell. Which reminds me of, that let us say we are speaking about touch, then I could think about the lovely song named Everytime We Touch from Maggie Reilly. Also I could be inspired by the nickname Allyourbase cause it is a reference to Zero Wing (a console game from way back). Which had a very bad English translation , which had the line "all your base are belong to us".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back