GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we all know, the days has been running fast. Then I will turn to the Danish language to congratulate our lady of today (translation will follow)

Kære Gianna, De ønskes hermed et hjerteligt tillykke med din fødselsdag , og jeg håber inderligt at du får mange af dem mere i livet :)

translation goes as follows.

Dear Gianna, thee is wished a heartly happy birthday (actually tillykke means congratulations) so it is thee is wished a heartly congratulation with your birthday, and I hope you will get loads of those more in your life :)

Gia, Happy Birthday!

Thanks to you, wonderful ladies like Lezli and Jaz got the party started!

If you see any of this
2ded38355b422e66
en route to the kitchen, tiz because the day is meant to be celebrated...cuz its yo' birthday!:D

Have some breakfast, on us here at Vibeland :cool:
42412c5ec3d4ba48

(Oh yeah! Its sugar free, guilt free and magically, exactly like the real deal!)

Angel might smooch you up, Mark may ask for a spanking....none of which should surprise you :devil: :)

I say, we all wear "Jackie O" sunglasses today!

:kiss:
:kiss: :heart: thank you dear one.:rose:

Misty's birthday was yesterday. One of these years we are going to celebrate together. It will be at home her place or mine, you now what happens when we celebrate. *grin* Belatedly Happy Birthday my lovely beautiful warm friend whom I love dearly. :kiss: :kiss::heart::rose:

Since we all know, the days has been running fast. Then I will turn to the Danish language to congratulate our lady of today (translation will follow)

Kære Gianna, De ønskes hermed et hjerteligt tillykke med din fødselsdag , og jeg håber inderligt at du får mange af dem mere i livet :)

translation goes as follows.

Dear Gianna, thee is wished a heartly happy birthday (actually tillykke means congratulations) so it is thee is wished a heartly congratulation with your birthday, and I hope you will get loads of those more in your life :)

Thank you Wolfie :kiss::kiss::heart::rose:

Thankyou for the mention Lezli :rose:
In the seen and the unseen, I hope you and yours are safe and sound Lezli. Because you are a woman who has overcome enormous obstacles and valiantly achieved goals you sought after.
Like Jaz said, you are missed here and I would like to add: cherished.

77b0e315e1c1564a

Thank you for you thoughts and support. I have missed coming here, but time and energy has been very short for me lately.

Most of my internet time has been spent on learning about celiac disease, gluten intolerance, living with multiple food challenges and cooking with limitations.
At this point I cannot have; wheat, barley, rye (or any of their derivatives), dairy, corn, soy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, caffeine, sugar or artificial sweeteners, chocolate, alcohol, oranges and a few other things that I have likely left off the list.

I am hoping we can reintroduce some of these things, but we know for sure that dairy, gluten and likely corn are off my eating list for life.

So, this means I cannot eat most commercial food , even things like canned soup and salad dressings almost always have some of these ingredients in them and restaurants are near impossible to enjoy.

On the other hand, I am enjoying lots of homemade food made from fresh. organic ingredients. And, it looks like some of the damage done by being malnourished is actually being reversed which is more than it sounded like I could expect. I was to the point where I was living with my body breaking down due to whatever malabsorption issue I have. Thank goodness I live in Canada, there is no way I would be able to pay for the doctors and tests I have had so far. It does take time to work your way through the system, but eventually you get taken care of.

I am just starting to work on a cookbook with a friend who is a professional cook and who did a lot of cooking for me in the summer. I am also putting together a simple web resource centre on what restaurants are reliable for those with food challenges, and where to buy ingredients for homemade meals.

So, enough about me. I really have missed everyone here, I can't promise to be here more often than I have been, but know that I think about you my friends.

cherished *giggle and grin*, :eek: I like it

Hey Lezli...nice to see you again.

Hey Jaz! I have been thinking about you!

I know that pain is a big part of your life, or, rather, steals a lot of your life from you. I was having a lot of problems with muscle and joint pain-but through supervised trials of gluten-free eating, I am almost pain free! Well, the last couple of days I have had discomfort, but that is because I have been taking in caffeine, which I knew from a long time ago, just doesn't work for me.

Apparently quite a few people who are gluten-intolerant also have fibromyalgia. If you would like to talk about this more, just pm me and we will go from there.

And to everyone else, the end of my rant here, please, when you go for your annual physical, and they are doing blood work anyways, ask for your Vitamin D levels to be checked and to be tested for celiac disease. It is a simple blood test and you can head off many, many problems at the pass. It is very underdiagnosed in North America, and contrary to public belief, a lot of people with celiac disease do not have digestive symptoms.

Ok, I'll be quiet now.

Holy shitfuck, look at the time, I gotta run to town and do my errands.:(

later taters!

Sorry, were you saying something? Damn, you have nice tits girl, how am I supposed to concentrate with that AV? :catroar:
;)
:devil: poor baby. I'll show more if you hang out more.;)

I am so sorry about your dietary issues. *hugs* that really sounds difficult.:(

Oh yah, almost forgot.

MOOD: good, sun is shining and it is above freezing

MUSIC: ckua.com, they are playing some latino stuff right now, recorded live
(oh and now, Paul Simonesqe music with an African-pop beat)

UNDERNEATH: basic black bra and panties (and Jackie O glasses)

Hey Jaz! I have been thinking about you!

I know that pain is a big part of your life, or, rather, steals a lot of your life from you. I was having a lot of problems with muscle and joint pain-but through supervised trials of gluten-free eating, I am almost pain free! Well, the last couple of days I have had discomfort, but that is because I have been taking in caffeine, which I knew from a long time ago, just doesn't work for me.

Apparently quite a few people who are gluten-intolerant also have fibromyalgia. If you would like to talk about this more, just pm me and we will go from there.

And to everyone else, the end of my rant here, please, when you go for your annual physical, and they are doing blood work anyways, ask for your Vitamin D levels to be checked and to be tested for celiac disease. It is a simple blood test and you can head off many, many problems at the pass. It is very underdiagnosed in North America, and contrary to public belief, a lot of people with celiac disease do not have digestive symptoms.

Ok, I'll be quiet now.

Holy shitfuck, look at the time, I gotta run to town and do my errands.:(

later taters!

I actually asked my rheumatologist about these things. He told me that it does work for some but not consistently. It's a temporary control. I may ask him again during my next visit.

The only food I know of that I'm allergic to is soy. My diet changed considerably before the idiot left because he is diabetic. As it is, I rarely RARELY eat bread that much. I've never been able to stomach it a great deal.

When my GP diagnosed me, he ran a slew of panels before ruling it to be fibromyalgia. Thyroid, vitamins, etc. All normal.

;)
:devil: poor baby. I'll show more if you hang out more.;)

I am so sorry about your dietary issues. *hugs* that really sounds difficult.:(

If I take off my bra, I'll be hanging out more than anyone would ever want to see, trust me on that one.

As to dietary, well, you know what's that like, you just grin and bear it, and eventually, you learn to embrace it and love it, because it gives you good health and is a small price to pay to get your life back. (but next Christmas I am learning how to make gluten free shortbread).

I actually asked my rheumatologist about these things. He told me that it does work for some but not consistently. It's a temporary control. I may ask him again during my next visit.

The only food I know of that I'm allergic to is soy. My diet changed considerably before the idiot left because he is diabetic. As it is, I rarely RARELY eat bread that much. I've never been able to stomach it a great deal.

When my GP diagnosed me, he ran a slew of panels before ruling it to be fibromyalgia. Thyroid, vitamins, etc. All normal.

Excellent, keep getting your D levels checked though, because if they fall too low you can have all sorts of neurological issues, same with B12.

Not everyone is going to react the same way to dietary changes but for the people I have talked to it has completely changed their life around.

If you can't stomach bread that could be a sign that you have a problem with gluten. Which is in much, much more than bread. It isn't easy finding all the hidden gluten in our modern food, which is why some people don't get the results they hoped for. They think they are eating gluten-free but they are not.

If you do get the blood test for gluten-intolerance, get it before you go gluten-free or you will have to go back to gluten for two months before you get it done. On the other hand, that was the proof for us when my symptoms returned when I went back to eating "normal".

LOL! Me and "normal". Don't hear those words together too often!

Excellent, keep getting your D levels checked though, because if they fall too low you can have all sorts of neurological issues, same with B12.

Not everyone is going to react the same way to dietary changes but for the people I have talked to it has completely changed their life around.

If you can't stomach bread that could be a sign that you have a problem with gluten. Which is in much, much more than bread. It isn't easy finding all the hidden gluten in our modern food, which is why some people don't get the results they hoped for. They think they are eating gluten-free but they are not.

If you do get the blood test for gluten-intolerance, get it before you go gluten-free or you will have to go back to gluten for two months before you get it done. On the other hand, that was the proof for us when my symptoms returned when I went back to eating "normal".

LOL! Me and "normal". Don't hear those words together too often!

The only food allergy I have is soy. But for me, bread sits heavy in my stomach. Not so much that it makes me sick. I'm a light eater and tend to focus more on veggies and meat than breads.

The problem with fibromyalgia is that it's still up in the air in regards to what causes it. Some say it's a misfiring in the brain that cause the pain levels to be so high. Others state it's muscle. Some even say diet, etc. Is it genetic, is it emotional/mental? No one can say.

The nature of the beast is a problem because SOME patients respond brilliantly to medication, some don't. Some respond great to diet change and exercise while it makes the others miserable.

I can go shopping for a few hours with my mother and am laid up for days.

a self indulgent day, went and visited some orchid grower friends of mine, sold some of my younger plants to finance buying more Phalaenopsis equestris varieties to add to my collection to promote genetic diversity in the species. This particular species is my baby. :D I will get two if I can. Making the varieties in my possession at 11. After orchid business I ate at the chinese buffet, then it was off to pick up my little boy from school. I was looking for some dried strawberries to buy at the healthfood store, little boy talked me into buying a Chocolate peanutbutter almond banana smoothie for the two of us. *burp* no dried strawberries. Vegging watching the cartoon network with little boy, after the conditional "do your homework first" He is munching on a handful of peppermints

Welcome baby! Have a wonderful bday.

Oh damn it is over. Lol I went to a bar and drank a couple of doubles, there was someone else there celebrating his birthday, we hugged and I gave him a peck on the check. The gals there were all straight as was much of the crowd. But they were all friendly, they invited me to have pancakes afterwards I turned them down as my two rum doubles were kicking in and I was ready to head home. The bartender was someone I had met at another bar, he was fired right before Christmas, it was good to see he had a new job, his nick name is "hug a butt" I hope all those people had a cab or cabs, those shots were flowing. So now I am home safe(obviously) typing wondering what else I am going to say. I have a chocolate birthday cake, very rich and yummy. Its too much for my diabetic disposition, Little boy's mother bought it for me to have something to give me. She gave me a card saying.... "To the person who has the very best attitude, love O and K"
damn, I love her. I could have loved that voluptuous blonde in the bar too. :devil: but damn it she was straight and married. *sigh* what skin, what a body.......*gia slaps a hand over her mouth* I think I better go do something before I say something inappropriate. Gawd I am glad I came home. BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol

Oh damn it is over. Lol I went to a bar and drank a couple of doubles, there was someone else there celebrating his birthday, we hugged and I gave him a peck on the check. The gals there were all straight as was much of the crowd. But they were all friendly, they invited me to have pancakes afterwards I turned them down as my two rum doubles were kicking in and I was ready to head home. The bartender was someone I had met at another bar, he was fired right before Christmas, it was good to see he had a new job, his nick name is "hug a butt" I hope all those people had a cab or cabs, those shots were flowing. So now I am home safe(obviously) typing wondering what else I am going to say. I have a chocolate birthday cake, very rich and yummy. Its too much for my diabetic disposition, Little boy's mother bought it for me to have something to give me. She gave me a card saying.... "To the person who has the very best attitude, love O and K"
damn, I love her. I could have loved that voluptuous blonde in the bar too. :devil: but damn it she was straight and married. *sigh* what skin, what a body.......*gia slaps a hand over her mouth* I think I better go do something before I say something inappropriate. Gawd I am glad I came home. BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol

Sounds like my sexy momma got a bit tipsy. Maybe another story is in order about Gia getting with a girl at the bar after one two many cocktails. Damn straight girls. Hey, maybe she was a lesbian and just needs some edumacashion dearest. Ya know, if ya need a hand (or a tongue) I can help you out. For conversation only of course. Now Gia, what were you thinking you naughty, naughty momma?

Have a great day girls, time to get ready for school, dag nabert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back