Frozen Eggs Ogre Hard (closed)

milkmaiden38

Literotica Guru
Vera Burns

I opened my eyes as I lay on the bank of the strikingly beautiful Emerald lake. It was easy to be overcome by the power and beauty of this body of water hidden deep in the Pinos Altos Mountains. Surrounded by pine trees, this location’s natural magic was precisely what drew me to this part of New Mexico. It bordered on the Gila Wilderness area. The first wilderness area in the US, where no motorized or mechanized vehicles, including bicycles were allowed. Camping and fishing were permitted, but no roads, buildings, logging were inside the wilderness area. A perfect location for a golden dragon to hide.

I had used the natural magic of the land and twisted it to my needs. A natural geyser, vented stream and covered the lake in a fog for part of the day. In the right weather conditions, it could be all day. The opalescent mist warned me of approaching danger and allowed no satellites to take photographs of me in my natural form. It was not easy to hide a dragon over 125 feet in length with a wingspan of 140 feet. Humans with their new spy technology could not see through the fog. Avoiding being seen had been something I had accomplished for over 600 years. This spot was very isolated. There was nothing around me for 2 miles. The closest building was 5 miles away, Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery. It was unoccupied and only held services on Sunday.

My $12.5 million, 10,000-square-foot home on 1000 acres was nestled in the hidden valley, next to Emerald lake. The property was surrounded by electrified fence, cameras, motion detectors and other sensing technology. The seven-bedroom, eight-and-a-half bath house had been written up as "a magnificent estate that exemplifies the wonders of the Southwest." I had the home built in the 1924, right after the wilderness area was established.

As the fog thinned, I transformed back into my human form. Call me vain, but I enjoy being beautiful. My human form is an attractive human woman with waves of golden blonde hair. Despite my age of over 3000 years, my human face is fresh and smooth. My figure would be highly sought after by Sports Illustrated or Playboy. The only oddity that might give a human pause is my amber colored eyes. A unique color for humans, my eyes reflected my personality and my determination. I think most humans I meet recognize quickly that I may look like a sweet woman, but inside, I’m a fire breathing monster.

As I walked into my house, I knew most people would love my existence. My life was like a fantasy to them. A fantasy with almost no end. I was told I will die of old age at some point, but it would be hundreds of centuries from now. And unlike mammals, my abilities only grow stronger with age. But life is more than living, more than abilities.

Life must have purpose and meaning. That is why I’m already dead. I destroyed my whole species. I killed all of them. It was all my fault.

I continue to live, in the hope that I will find one dragon still alive. Somewhere out there. I wait for a miracle. For the last 698 years, I’ve opened my eyes and it has not happened.

As I walked into the kitchen the phone rang. Perhaps I should not have done it. Perhaps I would not do it ever again. Had I known what was to come I would not have done it. Nevertheless, I did. I answered the phone.

“Vera Burns, Private Investigator,” I said. It was that simple, that was the start of the events that would change the world.

Dern Miles

I had just entered the laboratory, white coat over blue jeans and a black Megadeth t-shirt, the well-worn back combat boots peeked out from under the jeans. First I checked the computers for the spectrum tests I had requested the previous day, still nothing. The carbon dating was done though and checked on that, 63 million years. I smiled to myself, well if you wanted proof that these fossils could not be a dinosaur, that was what you wanted to see. Since the last known dinosaur to have ever been found, was a Triceratops and dated back 65 million years, this was too young.

Since taking over my father's work, I had to retrace quite an amount of his tests to check on the results, the thing that really blew all theories out of the water, was the DNA test that was done from a pocket of flesh that was somehow intact within on of the fossilized bones. There's no way to describe it and since I worked with the best and they had no answers, I had no answers either.

My name is Dern Miles, my father was Christopher Miles, a well-known and respected scientist in his field. What field? Paleontology. Last year he passed away in a robbery gone wrong. At his funeral I was approached by a group of men, they wanted to know if I could read a piece of paper. Since it was in a shorthand created by my father and which he had shared with me, I could. The paper was a basic deduction and read like the foreword of a scientific journal, but the men grew extremely excited.

And it was due to the fact that I could read my father's work, had a working knowledge of Paleontology, and had some of the best and most respected scientists in the world to assist me, that I was there. Studying fossils found in a mine in the Midwest in 1825 and realizing every day, that these fossils were not what they seemed to be.

Nora Spencer

Nora sat quietly in the Lab, setting up a lidar measurement of one of the dinosaur bones until Dern walked in. She let Dern look over some of the results of the computer spectrum test, and then she made her move. She grabbed a cup of coffee and walked over to him with confidence.

Nora had long wavy brown hair and eyes to match. She had a tall and athletic look, a volleyball girl body type. Long tone legs, a nice ass, what her hair almost touched. She wore the standard white lab coat as required. It covered up her modest breasts. She loved how her body looked, even if the lab coat did not show it off well.

“Hi Dern” she said as she handed him the cup of coffee. “Here is some coffee”

“Oh, thanks” Dern replied as he grabbed the cup.

“Last night was fun” Nora said with a big smile

“It was!” Dern agreed, “You were right that is a nice brew pub” he added as he moves to the next computer to view additional results.

Nora pulled out her phone and brought up the photos she took that night. “Here are some of the pictures I took” she said handing him her phone. Dern flipped through a few pictures. It showed him drinking with a few of the other people at the lab. The brew pub had an “axe” throwing area as well. Nora had taken a few pictures of him easily winning the competition. Then he flipped to a picture of Nora climbing out of the old mine where they had found some of the fossils.

“I put that photo on my facebook page” Nora stated with pride to Dern. Dern had to admit Nora looked great in that photo.

“Dern, I was disappointed about one thing last night” Nora continued as Dern gave her back the phone. “I was kind of wanting a cup of coffee or a nightcap back at your place” Nora hinted to Dern. She waited for his answer.View attachment 2135830

Vera Burns

“Howdy, Ms. Burns, this is Jack.”

“Si, Senor Jack” I replied in perfect Spanish.

“We have a nice weather report are you ready to copy?” Jack asked

“Yes” I confirmed grabbing a pencil.

Winds are from south but frickle to blustery. Temperatures are 59, 60, 14, 80, 35, 67. Cloud cover is hazy with partial sun.”

“Thanks” I answered and hung up the phone. I took the piece of paper to my “south” decoder book and looked up the pages of 59, 60, 14, 80, 35, 67. These pages gave me the website URL that Jack had wanted me to look at. Frickle to blustery was code for facebook. Jack worked for me, but had no idea why I wanted him to find pictures of old eggs, bones, sightings of mythical creatures, etc. But he did not care, I paid him well.

I went to my computer and put in the URL. To my surprise it was the account of a woman named Nora Spencer. She looked cute… not that a dragon was an expert at human appearance, but I have been around for a while. What was of greater interest to me was she was holding a bag full of fossilized bones. It was impossible to tell if the bones were from dinosaurs or something else. There was enough doubt in my mind, that it was worth investigating. Her site stated she was in Colorado.

I had followed trails like this before, and all ended in dead ends. So I did not have high expectation at this time. Nevertheless, I always planned for trouble. I grabbed some of my spare clothing. I also grabbed my Desert Eagle handgun as I headed out the front door.

I opened up the garage and grab my 9mm, two Benelli M4 tactical shotguns, military issue, one Remington Model 700 sniper rifle, bolt action with a ten round clip and a 10x40 power scope and all the trimmings. Two Colt M4 carbine with attachable M203 single shot grenade launchers. Some people still like the M16A2 but the M4 is lighter which is kinda nice if you have to lug it around for a while and it fits under clothing easier too. And finally, one Marine 32 multi shot grenade launcher. Fires six shots in a revolving barrel which can fire high explosive, incendiary and smoke grenades. Haven't found a use for that little baby yet, but you never know when it might come in handy. I loaded them all in my Hummer.

Then I hopped in and started driving to a mine dug in 1825 in Colorado.View attachment 2135831

Last edited:
I sipped on the coffee as I glanced over the screen, making certain that the spectrometer readings confirmed what my father had written down and as expected, it did.

"Usually a nightcap or coffee means that you are staying over and we did not discuss . . ."

I paused as the meaning of her words sank in, "Oh. Well, in that case, we will have to remedy that disappointment in the near future."

I turned to face her and smiled, "How is your study coming along? There are always interesting things to find in the plant fossils."

I knew that the fossils that she had brought out of the mine were not part of the original find, which was under strict security since it was believed to be the only of its sort. Her fossils dated in the same time period though and could give an indication of the animals the creature ate.

She looked quite different in her lab coat, which leads me to believe that she had actually dressed up the previous evening, seems like she had now decided to let all forms of subtlety go and went with a full-frontal attack. Which was something I could more easily understand in civilian life.

Nora Spencer

Nora breathed a sigh of release. “Finally! Dern gets it!” she thought. She had been flirting with him in the lab for weeks. Timing her coffee breaks to his. Sitting in the briefing room so she could see him. She even offered him some of her homemade lunch! She really did not know why some men did not pick up on her flirting.

“I think tonight might be a good night for a really nice strong cup of coffee” Nora commented to Dern with a smile. Then she answered his question about her research.

“The data I’m getting is confusing to say the least. The plant fossils were not too usual, although there was carbon on all of them. This shows there was a fire, but the plants were not burned up, just fire roasted. I found some bones of a small Hominid. This is where things get really weird. It was a small hominid, between 3 and 4 feet tall and weighs maybe between 40 and 80 pounds. All the bones were burned in fire, much more than the plants. But the flame was from one side only. Like a flame thrower, not a forest fire.

I only have a piece of the skull, but the brain cavity appears large. I mean too large. This is not like any hominid I have seen before. Anyhow, I’m doing detailed measurements with the LiDAR and maybe the computer program can reconstruct an image of the little guy.”

Dern Miles

"A hominid? 64 million years old?"

I was stunned, according to everything we knew, the very first hominid appeared around 7 million years ago, this was almost ten times older, with the strangest measurements. I wanted to ask Nora if she was certain about the dating, but I knew that she was just as capable as the rest of the staff.

"If that is true, that will actually change everything we know about the evolution of creatures on earth. Directed flames also point towards a technology that will not even start to show millions of years later."

I sipped my coffee and then shook my head, "No, there has to be a different explanation for it, it can't be technology, that is impossible. There's also no sign of volcanic activity or any form of magma in the area, so it can't be a surprise pressure release from a magma chamber."

I rubbed my chin and looked at the screen, thinking about any other possibilities that could explain what Nora had just told me.

Nora Spencer

“Well, there are a few possibilities” Nora suggested “the ratio of the isotopic used for dating the fossil has been altered somehow. Maybe in addition to the flame blasting, there was an increase of isotopic injected into the creature? Unlikely but it is possible. And not even at the time of death, any time during the fossil’s existence. Another possibility is our instrument is broken or damaged. And Finally, we just made a discovery as important as finding “Lucy”.

Dern gave her a stern look.

“A girl can hope!” Nora added as a joke. “Ok, I’ll start running some known samples through the radiological dating machine to make sure it is still working correctly. In the meantime, you need to make sure your dating machine is working. We have a date tonight!”

That Evening

Nora was dressed in her short shorts and a halter top shirt that exposed her midriff. There would hopefully be no doubt to Dern what she wanted tonight. She held a bottle of wine in one hand, and knocked on his door with the other. Dern opened the door looking all handsome, in his rugged way.

“Hi and come in” Dern said to welcome her

“I brought a bottle of wine, since you volunteered to make dinner.” Nora said as she handed him the wine.

Nora Spencer

“Well, there are a few possibilities” Nora suggested “the ratio of the isotopic used for dating the fossil has been altered somehow. Maybe in addition to the flame blasting, there was an increase of isotopic injected into the creature? Unlikely, but it is possible. And not even at the time of death, any time during the fossil’s existence. Another possible is our instrument is broken or damaged. And Finally, we just made a discovery as important as finding “Lucy”.

Dern gave her a stern look.

“A girl can hope!” Nora added as a joke. “Ok, I’ll start running some known samples through the radiological dating machine to make sure it is still working correctly. In the meantime, you need to make sure your dating machine is working. We have a date tonight!”

Max Barlow

Max Barlow was parked on a side street three blocks away from the lab’s front entrance. His van’s windows were darkened, no one could look in to see the driver or what he was doing. Where he parked, he had a narrow view of any person going in or out of the lab. He had placed his camera with a 300x zoom lens on and aimed it at the lab entrance. He had taken picture of anyone coming and going from the lab. However, when Nora Spence walked out, he snapped a lot of pictures of her.

“Gotya!” He said. He took off his black cowboy hat and ran his fingers through his slicked back hair. His brown eyes fill with glee. He put the camera down and started the van. He watched as Nora drove her small VW bug out of the entrance. He followed her. She stopped at a liquor store and she returned to her apartment building. He watched her place for a bit and was going to call it a night, when Nora came back out. She holding a bottle of wine and a small over night bag, as she got into her Bug again.

“You little slut” Max said to himself. He followed her as she arrived at someone’s home. He recorded the address. Then he decided she was going to spend the night, so he was not going to wait for her and drove on.

That Evening at Dern’s Place

Nora was dressed in her short shorts and a halter top shirt that exposed her midriff. There would hopefully be no doubt to Dern what she wanted tonight. She held a bottle of wine in one hand, and knocked on his door with the other. Dern opened the door looking all handsome, in his rugged way.

“Hi and come in” Dern said to welcome her

“I brought a bottle of wine, since you volunteered to make dinner.” Nora said as she handed him the wine.

Dern Miles

To be perfectly honest, when I opened the door, I did not expect Nora to be standing there. I had thought we were going out. I paused for a moment, shrugged, and took the bottle of wine from her, stepping aside for her to come inside.

"Not that I can remember offering to make dinner, but I think I can cook up something."

She wasn't dressed overly provocatively, but she was showing off her assets to the best of her ability and I had to admit, she did look very good. Luckily my place wasn't cluttered or dirty, which of course could be attributed to my time in the corps. I walked to the kitchen and placed the wine in the freezer, taking out steaks and looking at Nora over my shoulder, "Now will not be a good time to tell me you are Vegan."

She laughed, "No, I like meat."

That look in her eyes and the way she stood, gave a clear indication as to what she meant. Did she really try that hard to catch my attention before? How did I not realize it? But then again, being the new guy on the team, how was I supposed to focus on the strange work my father was involved with and realize that the cute girl was flirting with me? I placed the steaks in the microwave to defrost and got out the vegetables from the fridge.

"Would you like something to drink while we wait for the wine? I have a beer somewhere, juice and water."

She took the beer and I could feel her gaze on me as I rummaged around in the fridge for the beer. I flushed slightly, not used to being scrutinized this way, how long had she been flirting with me? I found the beer, opened it, and handed it to her with a glass, but she ignored the glass and drank from the bottle as I started to work on the vegetables.

"So where are you from Nora?"

Nora Spencer

“Kentucky, I was raised on a farm where we took care of the horses, ponies, and other animals. My father inherited the place after his brother passed away in a car accident. My father is a big man with a big black beard and matching hair. I look more like my mother” Nora explained

“I don’t see a beard… so I think your right” Dern joked.

“I knew you were smart!” Nora teased back. “I was a good student and made it into college. I was taking animal husbandry classes, planned to go back and help my mother and father. However, as an elective I took Anthro 101. I impressed the professor and he told me I was squandering my talents and should seek out an education in Paleontology to take advantage of my gifts.

A lot of student debt later, and here I sit before you. Nora the bone raider!” Nora said as she took a good gulp of beer.

“And what about you? What about your life story? You were in the army or something?” Nora asked.

I cut the peeled vegetables and shrugged slightly

"I grew up with my father's work, I went everywhere with him when I could, we lived and breathed fossils. He had a true passion for them, after school I went to the army and studied Paleontology while going through basic training and enlistment."

I glanced at her,

"I finished my studies around the same time my father started working for the group and we devised a shorthand code that only we could understand. He never shared any of his findings, but I could see that he was very excited with the work he was doing, much more than usual. And you know the rest, so not much of a story to tell in the end."

Nora Spencer

“Well, maybe tonight we’ll add a new exciting chapter to your history” Nora commented as she took another swig of beer. Too bad she did not know how right she was. The dinner was excellent, whether Dern was a great chef, or he just got lucky, but the meal was very good. Nora drank a few more beers, as did Dern.

After dinner they started kissing… which led them go to the bedroom. As they kissed Nora took a moment to explain herself.

"I got this feeling that I need you to fuck me.” Nora explained

“Oh really?” Dern replied

“Please don’t worry about a relationship or anything. I just want you to fuck me. I want you to fuck me hard." Nora gasped. She pulled off her blouse. She wore a white lacy bra that only made her medium sized tits even more enticing. As her shorts came off, she had a matching pair of white panties.

She kissed Dern more as her tongue slid into his mouth. As they kissed, Dern felt her tits through her bra. It was exactly as he had fantasized. Her hand slid down his back and pulled off his t-shirt. Then her hands went over his ass, pulling his underwear away.

“MMMM, nice cock” she told him as she took a hold of his big stiff cock and proceeded to stroke him. Meanwhile, Dern was rubbing her silky white panties. They were very wet and he bent down and pulled them aside. He licked her thigh until he reached her pussy. He placed his mouth over her pussy and sucked on her cunt. Nora moaned as she put her hand on the back of his head. “Oh fuck” she moaned and pushed his face into her pussy. His tongue was dancing over her clit and she loved it. So she was so turned on she lifted her ass off the bed. Pushing her pussy harder into his face. Dern licked her pussy faster as she gasped more.

He knew she was close when her pussy was streaming her juices. He finished her to orgasm with some powerful licks as she came hard.

Last edited:
Max Barlow

Max Barlow was in his hotel room thinking about Nora, her bottle of wine, and overnight bag.

"I'll bet she is getting fucked right now" he said to himself. Then an idea struck him. He could take a few pictures of her getting fucked, for his own personal collection.

He grabbed his camera and headed out to his van. "I'm going to enjoy beating off to picture of that little slut” Max said to himself.

Dern Miles

She was on her knees, with my hand holding her hips as I rammed myself into her, she felt fucking great and she was making all the right sounds and movements as she pushed back against me. Since she wanted to have no-strings-attached sex, that was something I was quite willing to provide.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not the kind of guy who would take advantage of a situation like this one. But come on, not only did she say specifically that this was what she wanted, it was something I needed, and when given the chance, why shouldn't two consenting adults do what they wish to do? What we were doing right then?

Was it a bit late to ask about protection and condoms? Yeah, definitely too late. But was it something that bothered me? Not right then it didn't. It was when her fingers started clawing at the covers and her moans started to turn into cries, that I felt that moment of no-return approach very quickly. I managed to overcome that need to orgasm building up within myself. She cried out, tossing her hair and I withdrew from her clutching interior and released my cum on the smooth skin of her butt and wet lips of her pussy.

We lay on the bed for a few moments, when she lifted her head to look at me, brushing her hair out of her face, "Another round?"

Nora Spencer

Nora had been with a few men in her life, and none of them compared to Dern. He was really something to look at and his abilities in bed were amazing too. Her whole body was still tingling from round one. That is why she wanted more, round two. She reached over and grabbed Dern’s cock.

She stroked it and it grew harder. "Am I doing it right?" she asked impishly. The growing cock seemed to answer of its own accord, but Dern added a nod as well.

"Oh dear -- something has come up" Nora joked looking at Dern’s huge cock pointing straight up. She slipped over his torso, straddling him. Then she leaned down and kissed him. “Don’t worry, I’m on the pill” She whispered.

His cock throbbed against her ass, and he could feel her wet pussy lips brushing against his body. She reached back and grabbed his cock and guided into her pussy. She was still so wet from their earlier lovemaking that he slid right in. She gasped as he did so, A soft "oh, yes!" hissed out of her as she started to ride his cock

She looked great riding his cock. Her tits bouncing as her face showed the pleasure she was feeling. She rode him at the pace and depth to excite her pussy. At the right moment he started to thrust hard into her from below. These quick, powerful strokes caused her buttocks to start clutching as she quivered against him.

“Oh fuck…” She gasped as her hands squeezed his chest. “SHIT…” She gasped as her legs pressing against his side. Her quivering pussy told him she had cum. Now it was his turn. He banged her a few more time and then he tensed and grunted, as he shot cum deep into her pussy.

When he was all done Nora moaned “Oh WOW” and laid down on his chest. She moved up and kissed him. “That was great, Dern” She said as the jizz leaked from her cunt, spattering on Dern’ belly, a pool of it in his navel. Dern had given her just what she needed, a good hard fuck.

Max Barlow

The best angle Max found to view the bedroom only allowed him to see the person on top. Since Nora was riding some guy’s cock, he got some great pictures of Nora’s naked body. This was what he had been after anyhow. So he was very satisfied with his efforts.

He carefully climbed off the roof of his van, and got back into the driver’s seat. Then he started the van and drove out of the parking spot. Unfortunately, he did not look before moving into the street and almost hit car passing by. The other driver leaned on his horn.

“Fuck” Max said as he quickly drove off. He noticed a man looking out of the window where Nora had been fucking. Max was upset, but knew with his darkened windows, there was no way that man saw his face. However, what Max did not think about was Dern had seen his license plate number.

Dern Miles

Nora was nestled up against me when there was a squeal of tires and a loud honking, it was very strange in this neighborhood, so I got up to look if everything was OK. The car driving off with a fist stuck out of the window and shaking at the van driving off, made me look at the van. The windows were heavily tinted, which was illegal and out of habit, I looked at the license plate, out of state. I chewed my lip in thought, it could be nothing, then Nora asked what was wrong and I pulled the curtain close and shrugged.

"Reckless driving." I turned to look at her, realizing that both of us had cum on our bodies.

"Why don't you come with me, I think a nice shower will be a good thing right now."

It was much later that Nora helped me to replace the bed cover and we lay down next to each other, I had to admit, I have always enjoyed sharing a shower, but having Nora begging me to cum inside her with the warm water cascading down on us, did put a new spin on taking a shower together.

We talked about a few more things from our lives like books, music and friends, she fell asleep after a while and after switching off the lights and slipping into a pair of boxers, I did exactly the same.

The Next Morning

Nora dressed and went out to her car and brought in her overnight bag. Dern saw her returning to his place with the bag as he made them coffee.

“I thought I might be staying over” Nora admitted as she held up the bag to him. Then with a smile on her face, she headed to the bathroom to change into fresh clothing and brush her teeth.

“Hmmm” Dern grunted and thought “Women certainly knew how to manipulate men”.

They had coffee and toast and then headed to work in their separate cars. Dern got there first and went over to examine the test result from what had been run over night. Nora's tests showed the dating machine appeared to be in working order. This puzzled him as he was pretty sure it was a calibration issues they had seen the day before. Then his day got weirder, as he looked at the computer-generated image of Nora’s “little hominid”.View attachment 2136655

Dern Miles

I looked at the image on the screen, blinked, and shook my head. Somebody was trying to be funny, that was the standard look of a goblin. I have seen a few images of them and on the screen was that image. The only problem was that this was not a drawn picture, I could see the reference points for the muscle and skin and the image looked more life-like than anything else I have seen before.

I glanced at the scans used and sure enough, it had the same reference points. This, coupled with the strangeness of the work my father was doing, made me feel like somebody was playing a really elaborate prank. But I also know that nobody could duplicate or edit my father's notes. The fossils did not lie, neither the ones I worked on, and neither the ones that Nora had been working on.

I returned to my working station and sat down, sipping coffee as I looked at the notes, humming to myself.

Nora Spencer

Nora walked into the lab and saw Dern sipping his coffee. She waved hello, but did not act any different then she had other mornings. She was going to keep this lab romance somewhat private. No reason to tell anyone until she and Dern were really dating, until they were serious.

She walked over to the printer and saw the empty tray. “Dern, did you pick up my computer-generated reconstruction?” Nora asked.

Dern smiled and held up the print. “Over here, Nora” he said

That was when I was led into the lab. Dern looked like he was going to say more, but my appearance froze those words on his lips. I was framed from behind by the dawn’s golden rays, so my regular beauty was amplified and struck him silent. I’d like to think he thought I was some kind of goddess, like Aphrodite, walking into his life.

I had picked a tight, yellow blouse this morning which clung to my big, heavy breasts and also showed off my flat stomach. I wore my tight jeans which showed off my long legs and wonderful ass. I had opened a few buttons on the blouse to draw attention to my considerable cleavage. The yellow in the blouse highlighted my golden eyes.

“Dr. Miles, this is Ms. Burns, she would like to talk to you” Dr. Soga Shihei, a Japanese exchange scientist told Dr. Miles.

Dern Miles

I was frozen in place, my fingers automatically letting go of the paper when Nora took it from my hand before she turned to look at the stranger as well. I had to stare, there was just no way around it, when a man did not appreciate the type of beauty this woman possessed, he just had to be dead. Back in my mind, I could hear an alarm going off, I just didn't see the red flags waving or red light flashing to indicate clear and present danger, but even though I was shocked into immobility, my brain luckily kicked into gear and soon enough I was galvanized into action.

'How did she get past security Dern?'

I kept my thoughts to myself and pushed away from my desk, feeling the smile coming unbidden to my lips, "Thank you Dr. Shihei."

I moved closer and held out my hand, she took it and I found her touch to be warm and firm, "Good morning Ms. Burns, I am unfortunately not a Doctor yet, so just call me Dern. How can I assist you?"

Vera

In the simpler times of long ago, I watched as man struck flint to tinder, put deer on the spit, or trained wolf cubs to stay near. The man back then appreciated me as majestic! Dragons ruled earth, sea, and sky! They were revered for their wisdom and dreaded for their strength.

Of course, that was back in a world before writing or numbers. Before the war of good against evil! Before the other human wars, industrialization, high-tech whirly-gigs and sub-atomic wizardry that is in today’s world. I was no longer the apex predator. Man had taken that role. Dern, for example, knew far more about the equipment in this lab then I did. Logically, I should appreciate and respect him. But I’m a dragon! Arrogance is in our genes. I did not plan to respect him, I planned to take what I wanted. But I needed to do it carefully. I could not let my true nature be exposed.

I have wondered what would happen if I were to reveal myself today, how would man react? Not with awe, respect, or fear but I think as something to be studied. Maybe something to be persevered. Like a rare elephant or tiger.

I look into Dern’s eyes and saw lust and happiness. He appreciated me for my beauty. That was the look I got these days from man. I’m not complaining, it is better than if I was in a cage being studied or persevered. Those looks would be far worse. Beauty had certain advantages. It was like a magical spell. Dern started out nice and friendly with me. I was going to use that to get what I wanted.

“Good morning, Ms. Burns, I am unfortunately not a doctor yet, so just call me Dern. How can I assist you?" He asked.

Dern was handsome, fit and charming. Standing next to him, was the woman I had seen in the facebook post, Nora Spencer. She was not happy with me. She had a warning look in her eyes, trying to scare me off. She was acting like a rival female dragon. She really had no idea who she was trying to threaten. It was almost laughable.

“Dern” I say with a big, sexy smile. “I’m a private investigator.” I handed him my card. “I have a very rich client that likes to collect fossils. He recently became aware of your dig and wanted me to see if there were any pieces he could buy. This would be after you complete your research, of course.” I explained.

“We have NOTHING for sale, and it is ILLEGAL” Nora replied.

I turned to her “It is not unlawful. The state and federal law is quite clear in this matter. Also my client will pay up front. The cash might be useful for your research” I suggested. I turned to Dern, my smile still on my face “All I wish to do is look at a few of your pieces.” I asked him.

Dern Miles

I had to agree with Nora, especially since we were busy studying newly found fossils as well. I shook my head, hating myself for it, especially with this totally ravishing woman looking at me.

"As we are still working on these fossils and they are unique, it will take years for any of them to become available, IF they do become available."

I could sense the approval radiating from Nora as I continued, "Dr. Spencer here for instance has just made a spectacular discovery and as our work is classified until we are allowed to reveal any of it, that also includes the fossils that we are working on."

How could you say no to those amber-hued eyes? With difficulty of course.

"What I can do, is show you high-definition photos. I can't allow you to take any photos, nor take any of the photos, not until I hear different from my superiors."

Vera

“I totally understand. My client likes to buy fossils when they are just discovered. The price tends to be lower. He does not want to interrupt any research that is why he is willing to wait years. If I can see a few photos, I can determine if he has any interest in your fossils. Most likely he will not, he is quite picky.” I explained.

“I don’t think we should show her anything! She might be trying to scoop our discoveries!” Nora added glaring at me. This woman was starting to piss me off. I stared back into her eyes and turned up my dragon fear just a little bit.

“You should realize when you are outmatched” I growled to her. The woman froze in terror.

I turned to Dern. Something inside me wanted to get to know him better. It was weird. He was not a male dragon, but I was interested. Perhaps being in human form for so long had wrapped my tastes. Or perhaps I knew it would piss off this Nora woman.

“Dern, you have been very accommodating, regardless how this turns out, I’d love to buy you dinner” I offered. I might be a dragon, but I love how humans flirt. The flirting dance is as enjoyable as a dragon’s mating flight. I saw Dern’s eyes smile as I flirted at him. Then I released Nora from my Dragon fear.

Nora Spencer

When this woman looked at her, she had NEVER been so scared in her whole life. It was the kind of fear that just froze you in place. Nora had been lucky she had not wet herself as a result of it.

After The woman offered to take Dern out to dinner, the fear seemed to reduce. Nevertheless, Nora decided she should not say anything more, for fear that this woman would physically rip her into pieces.

Dern Miles

I glanced at Nora, she had gone from hot for blood to silent in a second, which I thought to be strange. But then again, I have been totally oblivious to her flirting with me. The problem was that I could feel something familiar about Vera Burns, and it had nothing to do with the fact that she looked like a gold-gilded goddess. As sexy and beautiful as she was, she did not ooze sex-appeal as most attractive women do. She did not have the calluses, but I could just sense in her the same feeling I got when I was around other soldiers.

"Come along, I will show you the pictures on my computer."

I led the way to my desk, selected the folder with the newer fossils which Nora was working on, still in their original state, without the clean-up work, and gave my seat to Vera.

"Dinner sounds like an interesting offer, I will take you up on that."

Back