Free Association thread 6

If you find a Gull with a 4.5-foot long body at Brighton, tell the blighter to take his bloody costume off and behave responsibly.

A bird with a wing as long as my arm (I'm 6ft tall) took a chip off my hand and flew off.
I have a photo of it somewhere.

A bird with a wing as long as my arm (I'm 6ft tall) took a chip off my hand and flew off.

That almost sounds as if there is a question of whether you were being treated to an unusual act of the grandeur of nature or getting mugged. ;)

That almost sounds as if there is a question of whether you were being treated to an unusual act of the grandeur of nature or getting mugged. ;)

Sam's Haast Eagle has a body length of 4.5 feet; it's wingspan could reach over 9 feet. I know you don't have an arm span that broad; Sonny Liston didn't even come close to it. The largest of the gulls - such as the Great Black-Backed and the Glaucous - have a total wingspan of no more than around 5 feet.

I'm unlikely to see either, but I see the Great Black-backed gull often, and they shit on my house and cars.

And here I thought you've been around long enough to have first-hand experience with those two avians. And weren't you the man who bagged the last Moa?

Yes, gulls have that habit. It works well when they take off from a watery perch, but on land...Just don't leave it around too long - the acid will etch your cars' finishes.

And here I thought you've been around long enough to have first-hand experience with those two avians. And weren't you the man who bagged the last Moa?

Not guilty. I'm the one who kicked the dinosaurs off the Ark.

Having been mugged by a bloody big Gull, I can confirm it was no "unusual act of the grandeur of nature." My lady-friend was sufficiently nervy to shriek and run after dropping her own chips.

The same guy who cooked the books.

That was never proved, I understand

Untidy blaggards, the lot of 'em.
Fancy all that litter. . . .

A good attorney will tell you to always get everything in writing.

A great attorney will tell you to never put anything in writing that can later be used against you. :D

A good attorney will tell you to always get everything in writing.

A great attorney will tell you to never put anything in writing that can later be used against you. :D

Up The Organisation - Robert Townsend - 'It's the files that will get you.'

Not guilty. I'm the one who kicked the dinosaurs off the Ark.

Ogg, there was an interesting "Timewatch" TV programme at stupid-o-clock today, dealing with those unfortunate souls who died on the last day of the great war. It reminded me of your excellent story. It did not reflect well on certain allies. . . .

Which explains why shredders were invented. ;)

I thought that shredders were for the production of breakfast cereals. . . .

No, HP, a chipboard is a cedar plank about 5 inches wide and 12 inches in length for serving chips in posh establishments.

Now I'm confused. Are we talking American chips or British chips?

And if it's the latter, how do they serve the fish with the chips?

Back