Dominate me and love me please (pm only)

Chris looked at Charlene and then heavenward, "She's a tough cookie. It is beautiful, Charlene."

They all began to walk towards the receptionists desk, Chris asking, "I suppose you have product recommendations."

"Uh huh," she replied grinning, "you know the drill. Her hair is thick, so I would recommend this line of shampoo and this conditioner."

"OK," Chris said easily, "Could you bag that up for us?"

Charlene got a small bag and put several bottles inside. She handed it to Tessa with a few instructions as Chris signed off on the bill. He took out his wallet and tipped Charlene and Trish generously.

Chris turned back towards Tessa, and almost froze. She was simply beautiful. He gazed at her talking to Charlene, overhearing quiet words behind him, "I know that look. Mmm hmm."

Chris looked over his shoulder at them, "thank you ladies, good evening."

He walked over to Tessa, and asked, "ready?"

She nodded and they exited, walking to the car. As they pulled out, he commented, "Head to toes, one stop at the shoe store and we are done."

Chris looked over at her and saw her face, "hey, what's the sad face for? Your hair looks amazing."

He caught himself. He was ernestly concerned. Why? This was for business and she was his.. assistant. But the words of the ladies at the salon came back to him. "How am I looking at her?" he wondered, "or more to the point, how do I feel about her?"

Tessa knew it showed on her face but probably not the reason that Chris thought. She did like it and Charlene had did a great job.

She listened as Chris talked to Charlene she took the time to look over the woman that had delt with Chris's manicure, she felt a pang of jelously just looking at the woman, this wasn't her what was she thinking, she didn't even know the woman.

She did like the hair care advice and the hair care she had already applied to her hair, she really enjoyed the scent and the feel.

She didn't like her boss paying for all of this and she planned on pay day to pay everything back.

She smiled as Charlene handed her the bag instead of Chris, "Thank you so much." She said with a bright smile as she took her advice and the help.

She looked up at Chris as she smiled at her her same reserved warm smile she shared with everyone but with him it was more shy and innocent.

As he said his thank yous she did as well and then followed behind him when he walked over and asked if she was ready.

She smiled at his comment as they got into the car, she looked over at him, hoping like hell her face didn't give away to any of her feelings.

Dammit she thought when he called her out on it. "Oh no I love it, sorry guess I'm a little tired been a long week." She said covering up her real thoughts.

"I really appreciate this, please don't think I don't." The last thing she needed was for him to know that she wanted him to like her for her and not what she thought he wanted to change in her.

He accepted her explanation. At this point, he had no reason to doubt her word.

"Good, besides, this is supposed to be the fun part of preparation for court," he teased her.

His voice got a little more serious, "Tessa, I want you to succeed, and will do my part to nudge you in the right direction. This is all part of that. It is my investment in you as part of my team."

And while, on the surface, what he said was true, there was part of him that was saying, "You're doing this because you like her, really like her."

He pulled into a parking lot of a small older building. As they got out, he said, "don't be put off by the appearance of the place. This guy is gold."

They walked into a crowded shoe shop, thick with the smell of leather. The bell on the door announced them, and an older man came out from the back to greet them, grinning when he saw Chris. They exchanged a handshake, and Chris introduced her, "Antonio, this is Tessa, my new assistant. I need some sharp looking shoes for court and a pair or two for.. fancy dress."

Antonio extended his hand, "nice to meet you Tessa. Come have a seat."

He sat down in front of her and began to take measurements of her foot, then did a tracing in her bare feet. He asked her stand, and walk barefoot back and forth across the shop a couple times.

"OK," he said, "you can put your shoes back on."

He stood up, slate in hand, and told Chris he would ship them when done. Chris thanked him in the quiet way they seemed to share, then held the door for Tessa.

Tessa looked a bit confused as they exited, and Chris explained, "Antonio makes his shoes. They fit like a glove. I would never go anywhere else."

As they got close to the car, he mentioned, "I am starved. Care for a quick bite?"

She was glad he didn't push it any further, she didn't need him to know the way she was feeling.

She smiled brightly at his comment, she loved shopping normally alone, but she hated being the center of attention at the same time.

"Oh no sir I understand completely and I really appreciate all there'll, and I promise to pay you back on pay day." She quickly responded.

She sighed inwardly to herself god she wished she wanted nothing more for him to like her for who she was and not who she was turning her into or rather what he was turning her into it.

The place they pulled up to was more her scene, it was quant and she wasn't as put off, she wasn't used to being around and doing all of the things Chris was so used to doing himself.

Tessa followed behind chris into the shoe shop. She smiled as she entered and looked around, now this was a place she could feel like herself a little more . Tessa smiled as the two men greeted one another everywhere they went everyone seemed to genuinely enjoyed being near and or around Chris and she completely understood why.

She accepted the mans hand and shook it gently as she smiled tenderly at him and followed him to where he led her to take a seat.

She followed every step he asked her to take, feeling comfortable near the man, he had a subtle way of making you feel right at home.

Tessa thanked the man for all of his help and shook his hand once more, then watched as Chris did the same held the door for her and she walked out in front if him.

She smiled gingerly at him as he explained how this worked. "Thank you, he really knows his stuff." She said with a smile over at him.

"I would like that but my treat this time." She said and smiled.

"I am afraid I don't have a lot of time this evening. I still have some case work to do. So I was thinking of this great burger place I know, if that's ok for you," he explained.

When she accepted, he made a turn onto a secondary road. "It's just up the way," he explained, "and while I appreciate the gesture, dinner is on me. This is business and this is a business dinner. If we were on a date..."

He paused for a second, weren't they, "it might be different. Anyway, same thing with the clothes and such. You don't owe me anything. Those are a business expense, in the same way those uniforms you wore at the diner were a business expense. We just have better uniforms."

He sensed that she was having a bit of trouble with his explanation. Without thinking, he reached out and put his hand on her knee, "trust me Tessa, I know what I am doing."

He pulled his hand back reluctantly. Touching her had felt good, really good, too good. He was going to have to watch himself.

Fortunately, the burger place came into view. It was very retro. He parked and said, "let's see how it stacks up against Sal's."

When he mentioned a burger place that was like music to her ears, that was more her style and her speed. She however kinda didn't like the fact that there evening would be cut short, but then told herself what was wrong with her this was her boss after all. She nodded her head that that would be fine by her.

She looked over at him as he explained that this was business, well still business or not she wanted to pay her part as well. When he mentioned date, her heart race pitched mile hile and she realized she had looked away from him.

She had always paid for everything she owned and she didn't like hand me outs, even if it were all business, she knew it showed in her eyes, but she kept her eyes focused and not let on how uncomfortable she was with people paying her way.

She smiled over at him as he explained further and yeah she understood, but that didn't make the situation any easier and when he touched her knee man it felt like ever hair on her body stood still, the electricity between them was sizzling or maybe just her, and she almost laughed at her self right then and there.

She took a deep breath and put her libido in a quick check what the hell man, she was in deep, deeper than she ever needed or wanted to be, if just him touching her made her like that imagine how she would react had he kissed her.

She smiled as he parked.

"I'm sure it's much better than Sals we've already established you have excellent taste."

He glanced over at her, biting back a reply. "And that's why I chose you," he thought.

He got out of the car. As they walked towards the door, he pondered. He was choosing her. He would be stupid to deny it to himself. But she was ten years his junior and his assistant. They were from different worlds.

He was attracted to her. No doubt about that. But as the divorce cases he had litigated reminded him, attraction was not enough.

On the other hand, attraction was where things started.

They were inside the restaurant, when he noticed her looking at him. "Sorry," he said quickly, "just thinking something through."

As they were seated and perusing the menu, he watched her, wondering, "maybe?"

She didn't mean her comment to come off the way it did, but thankfully he didn't seem to really take it that way, and she was grateful for that. She shook her head and tried to focus on thinking of other things aside from her jelously and her attraction to her boss.

She watched as he got out of the car, tall sexy dangerous she thought to herself, she knew for the rest of her life there wouldn't be a man to affect her the way Chris was affecting her, he brought out feelings that she had buried and wanted to keep them buried... Besides she didn't have a fighting chance in hell with a man like Chris in the first place.

She found herself watching him as they walked in silence to the small burger joint, she was chewing on her lip all these thoughts and feelings needed to go the hell away.

Man he was the most attractive man she had ever laid her eyes on, and she reminded herself she wasn't good enough for a man of his standards, she was only nineteen what did she have to offer, and she was innocent in a senses of the word, why did he want someone like her or why would he rather.

She didn't realize when he caught her staring at him. "Ok." Was all she could say, she didn't really want him to know She was thinking all the things she was thinking after all.

She was skimming over the menu and didn't notice him watching Her, a juicy burger and fries was just what she needed.

She was not shy at all for him to see her eating real food.

"It all looks so good." She said or she must be really hungry.

When their food arrived, they both dug in. He could feel her relaxing a bit. There was no pretense to this place. Simple food, casual environment, more of what she was used to, he deduced.

He furtively watched her eat, watching her hands, her mouth and lips, and it made him hungry. Except it was a hunger that no burger would sate.

They didn't talk much, each seemingly absorbed in their own thoughts. It was funny. Once he admitted to himself that he found someone attractive, she only became more so. He found his eyes wandering over her body, undressing her mentally.

He was peeling off her bra, when their waitress asked if they wanted anything else. He raised his eyebrows at Tessa, who decline, so did he. A few minutes later, they were back in his car and headed towards the office. He managed to think of some question about one of the cases she was researching, just to fill the silence.

When he pulled into the firm's parking lot, and she got out, he called out, "Hey, see you at the gym?"

She was non-committal in her response, so he just waved. As he drove off, he shook his head at himself.

She smiled over at him every now and then as they ate there food in silence. She looked at him and basically studied him over, he really was the most amazing man she had ever laid eyes on.

She was enjoying her food, and wondering what types of things he liked outside the office and oddly she wondered what he would be like in bed, not that she would ever know, or have anything to put it up against in the first place.

She realized her heart was racing in her chest thinking of him in a sexual manner was making her palms start to sweat, so she quickly tried to remind herself it would never happen so she might as well not even think about it.

She smiled up at the waitress as she walked over to the table and she was grateful for the silence as she looked at him gently and kindly. She declined anything else as did he and in a few moments they were back in his car once more.

She looked at him as she got out of the car and began walking over to her own, he mentioned the gym and she thought what the hell.

She didn't get the chance to say yes or no as he pulled off, she headed him in desperate need of a very cold shower.

The next morning, he woke from a dream, with unusually persistant morning wood. He closed his eyes for a second, remembering it was Tessa who had featured prominantly there. He sighed. OK, yeah, he was attracted to her and there was no denying it. But what the fuck was he supposed to do about it, or not do?

He grumbled as he got up and got dressed for the gym. Even his clothes fit well and looked good on him. He had figured out long ago that women with hot bodies tended to go to gyms and that they looked at the guys as much as the guys looked at them.

He had a couple bananas and a protein bar and headed out. Once at the gym, he did some cardio to warm up and then settled into weights. It was upper body today, and soon he was working towards muscle exhaustion. He was curling when he heard a familiar voice and looked over to see Tessa watching him.

"Good morning," he grinned, feeling a fresh rush of energy. She looked to have done some cardio. Her skin was rosy and glowed with perspiration. Her gym clothes were damp and clung to her slender body. "I see you have been working out," he noted.

"Do you do weight training?" he asked.

Last edited:
Tessa woke sweating already, something had to be done she could hardly sleep her feelings and confusion keeping her up half the damn night. She was nineteen she didn't even need to be feeling this way, she needed to focus on work and school not be thinking about a man she would have no chance I hell with.

She sighed as she walked into the bathroom and splashed water into her face, man she looked rough, circles under her eyes her hair sticking to her forehead, she pulled her hair back in a tight rubber band and grabbed yoga pants, and a tight matching tank top, she washed up knowing she was or perhaps needed to work out harder than usual to get Chris out of her system.

She quickly washed up and then dressed, putting her iPod in her purse along with her keys and grabbing her change of cloths tossing it in her pink and black gym back laying it all by the front door before heading to the kitchen.

She ate a quick bagel and cream cheese her normal had a glass of juice, grabbed her bottle of water to take along with her and headed out the door.

When she got to the gyms he ran first for about a good hour, sweat pouring off of her, and then went to do weights, she noticed chris and smiled to herself admiring him for a moment before making herself known to him.

Just looking at him her blood boiled making her sweat even worse.

She smiled as he said he noticed she had been working out, well yeah thanks more so to you she thought its hard getting a man like Chris out of her system.

"I do actually want to help me?" She asked with a bright smile.

"Great," he replied, taking her question as an invitation to be her trainer for the day, "why don't you grab some light and medium weight dumbells and follow me?"

He grabbed some heavier dumbells and walked to a quiet corner of the free weight area.

"OK," he began, "take your heavier weights and imitate me."

He did a curl, an over head lift, and then back down to start. Tessa imitated him.

"Keep going, slowly," he said, setting down his weight and walked behind her. He grabbed her forearms as she curled, "keep these steady as you curl. Now rotate the weights, and press overhead, like that."

He guided her hands up at the elbows, "and now reverse the motion, keep it slow."

He went back in front of her and did the exercise with her. "OK, take one heavier weight, lunge a bit and lean over." He moved beside her and set his hands on her hips, tilting her body forward. He set one hand on her shoulder, pulling her back, "keep your back straight, now pull the weight towards your chest and back down, slowly."

He got in front of her and took the same stance, doing the row. When they finished the set, he showed her a different exercise, positioning her body and movements. They were both sweating. He was trying to be genuinely helpful and instructive, but touching her body was so seductive. Her skin was warm and moist, and her natural scent was intoxicating. What must it be like to make love to her? He could feel himself hardening, a bulge forming in his gym trunks.

"This is getting out of hand," he thought, "I have to stop touching her."

He began having her doing repeat sets of the exercises he had shown her. He did so as well, using even heavier weights, hoping of burning off some of the hormones pulsing through him.

Finally, he looked up at the clock, "whoa, how did it get to be that late? I've got to hit the shower and get going. I will see you at the office."

He looked at her briefly, her clothes damp, clinging to her body. She looked delicious, and he could feel himself hardening again. He waved and walked to the locker room, a cold shower awaiting him.

She smiled her heart racing at the thought of training with him, oh come on Tessa what the hell is wrong with you.

She watched him as he walked away and she slowly followed, my god but was he beautiful.

Oh good lord she thought to herself she'd imitate him alright.

Following him she did the same but man she wanted to lick his biceps, she never thought that way about a man before.

When he came over to her and stood behind her, showing her just what to do, she thought she would drop the damn dumbbell right on her foot.

Slow right she thought to herself, she could do this.

She wondered if he could see her heavy breathing, or how red her face turned when she looked at him, or how her body seemed to shiver when he placed his hands on her tight hips, sweating now more from his touch than her actual workout.

She didnt know what more of this all she could take, how long could she fight her feelings, for a long time she told herself she couldn't let herself have any type of feelings for him, although she already had, she had to somehow make them stop.

She looked at him perplexed how the hell was she supposed to do that.

Calm down breath and just workout thats what your here for to workout and he is only being nice and helping you.

She smiled softly as he looked at the clock, "Thanks for your help." she stuttered out.

She sighed and decided to wait ti;l he was out of sight to do crunches

He managed to get into a shower stall without anyone seeing his half erection. It was not that kind of a gym and he had a reputation to maintain. The cold water jolted him out of his thoughts of Tessa and he embraced it. What the hell was he going to do about this?

When he was finished, he shaved efficiently and then dressed. As he was buttoning his shirt, he overheard a couple guys chatting about some new girl they had seen doing crunches. They both affirmed with laughs that they would happily help her, hold her legs while she worked out. He thought for a second. New girl? They were talking about Tessa! He listened more closely as one asked the other if he was going to ask her out. Chris felt a stab of jealousy. There was no way some gym rat was going to scoop her up!

He finished dressing and packed his bag. As he left the gym, he kept an eye out for Tessa, but did not see her. As he drove to the office, he decided He would ask her out. It was Friday. Why not? A casual drink after work.

He arrived and bound into his office, greeting the other staff as he entered, trying to contain his eagerness.

Tessa had to do something about the way she felt about him, she just had no idea how, he would never want a girl, so much younger than him, so damaged and untrusting of people, and a freaking virgin at that. She took a deep breath and just decided to place those thoughts from her head and demolish those damn crunches until her fucking abs ached somehow she had to get him out of her head, no man ever had this freaking effect on her... ever... good lord... how was she planning to survive working this close to him every day, silly little girl no worries,he wouldn't look twice at a girl like her.

She finally decided she had, had enough working out her entire body hurt and she knew for sure she had completely over done it. She sighed grabbed her things, and headed to the shower, she looked at herself in the mirror, sweat rolling, heart pounding, her body was on fire and not just from working out. She took the quickest shower she could got dressed and headed home, where she would crawl into bed and sleep the whole night away and try not to think of him any longer.

She took a deep breath and was grateful that sleep happened upon her quickly, tomorrow on the other hand was a different story when that came she had no idea what she was going to come the morning when she would be with him.

She woke the next morning early, did a few crunches, got a quick shower, ate a bowl of fruit and granola, packed her lunch for the day, dressed in a tight button up dress blouse, and a tight knee length grey shirt, and some grey pumps, pulled her long hair up into a bun, and a few loose strands hung loose, put some light makeup on and grabbed her briefcase lunch and purse and headed out the door.

She got to work and just sat in her car for a moment, gaining her composure, taking a deep breath and then grabbed her things and headed into the office, smiling brightly at the staff and she walked to her desk, waiting her anxiety rising, she was falling for this man and she couldn't allow that, she never had anyone love her, or allowed herself to love another, this was not and could not happen.

He would ask her out. It was funny how so simple a decision put him at ease, and that told him volumes. In his profession, one developed a certain sense as to when one was on the right track. Everything fell in to place, and the outcome was all but assured.

But as he finished his morning routine, reviewed his emails, had his coffee. he had to wonder. What was the assured outcome with Tessa? Not just a quick fuck, certainly. He wouldn't have felt so vexed by the thought of gym rat dating her if it was just sex he wanted.

He pursed his lips. He wanted her, as in something more permanent. And that gave him pause. He hadn't wanted that in a long while. He paused. Maybe it was time he did.

He gathered together the list he had for her and punched her number on his phone. "Good morning Tessa," he began when she answered, "Would you come by my office? Thank you."

He set the phone down and busied himself. He looked up as she came in, and smiled, "How you feeling today, after that workout?"

He could not tear his eyes from her, the snugness of her clothing outline every curve of her body. When she answered, he opened his drawer and took out a small stack of passes, and handed them to her, "Come any time you like. I have a ton of these."

He didn't add that he would happily pay for her membership, just to watch her work out.

He did manage to go through her assignments for that day in a reasonably professional manner. When she asked if there was anything else, as casually as he could muster, he asked, "I know I have been asking a lot of your time, and I do appreciate it. If you are free after work, how about a drink?"

She was chewing her lip terribly, she almost drew blood, she had to calm herself down and breath deeply. She walked to her desk and set everything up, your here to do a job just focus on that, and you'll be okay. It wasn't the most reassuring thing she ahd ever told herself but it would make do to get her through the day.

Again she reminded herself that no matter how she was starting to feel for Chris there was no way, it would ever work, considering she was no good for him, and he was way to good for her. If he only knew the real Tessa and not the Tessa he seemed to want her to be, or the work Tessa he knew, he would probably fire her ass right there on the spot.

She needed coffee, she went and poured a hot cup into her to go mug added, heaps of splenda and creamer and headed back to her desk, enjoying the hot taste, as she finally got to work, and allowed herself a moment to not think of him.

She slightly jumped when she heard his voice through the intercom, god that silky deep voice sent shivers right up and down her entire body, she smiled to herself, silly little girl she thought and told him she would be right there.

She walked into the office her notepad in hand, and gave her same gentle smile that she now seemed to reserve for him. ''I feel amazing, a little sore but amazing." She said and smiled once more, sore was a understatement she thought to herself, she still felt her abs were on fire.

She smiled and looked at him, "Thanks for all of your help, you could really be a trainer, if you ever decided on a new career that is." She said with a slight giggle. She accepted the passes as he handed them to her and she placed them in her pocket deciding she just might have to switch gyms.

Her heart was racing, and she had no idea why, it wasn't as if he were so close to her that she couldnt breath like the night before.

She listened intently as he gave her, her task for the day, and she wrote certain things down taking notes. She looked up as he spoke once more and she smiled, but was floored when he asked her out for drinks, she was sure it was buisness but still.

She wasn't sure how to answer so she just said yes, figuring there was nothing wrong with just having a deink with someone you worked with.

"Sure.'' Was all she could say.

"Great," he replied, pausing, taking a moment to drink her in.

"That's all I have. Take a look at the Ollen case first. I am likely to need that sooner than later," he finished.

As she got up and walked towards the door, he called quietly after her, "and Tessa, thanks."

She turned and smiled at him, and he felt his heart beat harder. When she had gone, he just shook his head, "what am I getting myself into?"

Ordinarily, fridays were spent cleaning up details from the week and preparing for the next. But at ten, he received a call from Frank Ollen, screaming that he had been served an injunction. Chris listened to him. That's why they paid him. He then told him that he would argue for a stay that afternoon. Frank grumbled, while Chris asked him to fax the injunction to him. When he had the fax, he told him not to worry and he would be in touch.

Chris then called Tessa, "How is your research on the Ollen case coming? Good. Could you bring them to my office now please?"

She knocked on his door a few minutes later, and walked in with an armload of paper. She set it down on his desk, bending over to do so. When she looked up, their faces were only a foot apart. He could feel her heat and wanted in the worst way to kiss her. Then she stood up, and reality set back in.

"Change of plans," he said, "Ollen has been served with an injunction and I want to argue a stay this afternoon."

He handed her the fax of the injunction, quizzing her, "OK, what in this pile is relevant?"

He watched her focus on the fax, and he could see the gears turning in her head. She bent over again, and started sorting through the stack on his desk. He sat back and took the first thing she set aside. He could barely read it though, as the movements of her body, so close to him, were intoxicatingly seductive, the tightness of her body, the subtle swaying of her breasts.

When she had gone through the stack, she stood and handed him three more files. He took and glanced at them, nodding affirmingly, "Good, this saves me a lot of time."

He then looked at her directly, "Court time will likely be at 2:00. Meet me here at 1:00. You're going with me."

She smiled as he said great, this was not a date she thought to herself, not a date at all.

She nodded her head, took a mental note of what he said, and jotted a quick note down as well.

She began walking to the door, before his smooth silky voice stopped her for a second. She turned and looked at him. ''Its my job, and you make it easy.'' She said softly and smiled.

She sighed as she walked out the door, her hands were sweaty, and her head was spinning, she had to get him out of her head, there was a million reasons why she did not want to have any kind of feelings for him, and or receive any kind of feelings in return. It just wouldn't work, there was a thousand reasons why.

The day was going by quick, and she was glad she had a heavy work load, it helped clear her mind and not think of Chris any longer. She sighed to herself, she worked through lunch, there was far to much to get done and for that matter, it helped clear her mind completely. She shook her head, oh Tessa your in trouble.

She jumped when she heard his voice on the intercom and part if her melted completely. ''Yes sir, be right there.'' She said gathering the files he asked for and headed to his office.

She rapped lightly on his door, when he affirmed her to come in, she walked in and greeted him with a warm tender smile. She laid out the case files on his desk. When she leaned up they were so close to one another, oh good lord, she breathed, deeply. This was getting out of hand, I mean she really didn't know much about Chris at all, and he surely did not know much about her, and once he found out he would run for the hills.

She listened intently she always did, she loved listening to him talk anyway.

When he asked her what was relevant she thought deeply, wanting to make sure she would give him the answer she wanted and needed.

She started sorting through the paper work looking for the injunctions and other files that he wanted, and she knew what he needed and what he wanted as well, once more she wanted everything to be perfect and correct when she handed over the paper work and smiled sweetly at him once more.

She was grateful for his comment and she looked gently at him tenderly. "Anything to save you time, after all time is money.'' She said cracking the corniest joke ever.

She shook her head softly, ''Sounds good I'll meet you here, thank-you sir.''

He was packing his briefcase when he heard a rap on the door frame and saw Tessa standing outside. He grinned at her, snapping the case closed, "Shall we?"

She stood aside as he walked out of his office and down the hall. He looked over at her. God, he loved looking at her, his mind almost automatically undressing her. "We'll take my car," he said as they exited the building.

As they approached his car, he hit the unlock button. He was tempted to open the door for her, but this was not a date, he told himself. They each deposited their bags in the back seat, then got in. He buckled his seat belt and looked over at her. "Buckle up for safety," he parroted the old public safety ad, then wondered if she was old enough to have seen it. As she reached for an secured her belt, he watched her tight skirt rise up her legs and the belt cinch across her chest, accentuating her breasts.

He turned the key and focussed on trying to drive. He asked her what she thought of the case, and listened intently. Fresh eyes and all. And he loved to hear her, her voice was so sweet, and vulnerable, yet assured.

He asked her questions, just so he could hear her. The traffic was bad, as always, but the trip did not seem to last nearly as long with her. He parked at a nearby garage, and they walked to the court house. It was an old structure, with a maze of corridors, but he knew his way about, and soon they were in a room waiting for their case to come up. It was delayed, as always. "Get used to sitting and waiting," he counseled her.

He saw some friends from other firms there, and was soon chatting with them, and introducing Tessa. They all had smiles for her. Of course they did he thought. Who wouldn't?

Finally, their case was called. Chris was all business, making solid arguments why the injunction should be stayed until the resolution of the case. The other side objected, of course, and debate followed. In the end though, the judge agreed with Chris. Chris kept his composure, nodding thankfully towards the judge, and then packed his briefcase. He gave Frank a call to let him know the outcome, and then turned towards Tessa.

"Mr. Ollen has invited us to have dinner at his restaurant. Free for more than a drink?" he asked.

When Tessa affirmed that she was, they left court for the quiet of his car. "When clients offer you something in gratitude, I tend to take it, even if I don't necessarily want it. People are insulted when you refuse them," he explained, "Having said that, Frank's place is very nice."

He drove for a few minutes to another part of downtown, pulling up in front of an older, recently restored, building. The valet took his keys and they walked inside. The host recognized him, saying that Mr Ollen reserved a seat for them.

They were shown to a booth in a back corner of the restaurant, quite private. On the table was a bottle of champagne chilling. The host seated them, poured them each a glass, and departed. Chris looked at the bottle, "Frank must be very pleased. Enjoy!"

The rest of the semi morning went by pretty quickly and she felt her pulse raising at the thought of driving alone with him, good lord she didn't know how she was going to survive this.

She walked ahead of him as they headed out the building, and she smiled at everyone on the way out that was just the way she was. ''Sounds good." She replied as they headed to his car.

They walked to his car in silence and looked at him, wondering what he was thinking, and then telling herself it didn't matter what he was thinking. She got into his car, and pulled her belt over her. She smiled and giggled at his comment as she looked out the window, her hands in her lap.

She loved the fact that he wanted to know what she thought of the case, and she told him honestly exactly what she thought.

Traffic was a mess, but that was to be expected considering it was lunch time. She loved being around him, as much as she kinda wished she didn't, but he was smart, funny, and charming, and yet she didn't want to admit how beautiful of a man he was, and she hated the fact that feelings were starting for her.

She was kinda shy when he introduced her, considering she always underestimated herself.

She watched as Chris did what he did best all the time taking notes for him. My god he was fierce and that only made her more attracted to him, like she needed another added reason to find him completely sexy.

"Sure sounds good, by the way you were amazing up there.'' She said blushing as she said so.

She smiled listening to him speak, she wondered if it was a fancy place, then she decided to just ask. "Is it really fancy?'' She asked rather shyly wondering if he would notice the unease in her face.

As they pulled up she realized it was a fancy place and she felt really out of place, but decided to hide it, she had a good way of hiding her emotions.

She smiled kindly at him as they were lead to a table in the back, oh yeah this was so not the place for her, it was far to nice.

He watched her as they were seated. She was doing a good job of not letting it show, but the subtle signs were there, the set pattern of her face, the rigidness of her body, that let him know that she was uncomfortable here. She was this way whenever they went to some place higher end. That needed to stop.

He held up his glass and waited until she did the same, then toasted, "To life's small victories." He took a large sip, letting the bubble and wine spill over his tongue. He closed his eyes for a second. This was quite good.

When he opened then again, he saw her sipping tentatively, then more eagerly. He looked around at the dark wood and brass, and grinned, "I always feel like I am in some old British hunting lodge here. All the wait staff should be called Jeeves or something."

He heard her giggle and saw her start to relax. He set his hand down on top of hers, "Tessa, I know some of this is new to you, but its your world now. Enjoy it."

He could see the thoughts running through her mind, and heard her voice her doubts, looking down at the table. He raised his hand to her chin and tilted it so she was looking into his eyes, "Look, you are young. You are smart. You are beautiful. The entire world is open for your taking. So take it."

He had leaned towards her as he spoke, their faces only a foot apart. He was ready to take her right then and there, except a waiter made a point of scuffing his heel as he approached them. Chris eased his hand and body back and smiled at the fellow as he came to the table, introduced himself and rattled off the evening's selections.

Last edited:
She took a deep breath as they took there seats, she tried hiding her uneasiness but was having a really hard time in doing so. She sighed inwardly and tried to tell herself to relax. She looked around it was a lovely place but not the kind of place for a girl like her.

She smiled softly raising her glass more so to him, than for herself. She watched him as he seemed to linger at the taste, was there anything he wasn't good at she wondered. God he even looked sexy taking a damn drink.

She was sipping hers softly, she wanted to fit in but she knew damn well she didn't and never ever would. She smiled over at him. He made her feel slightly better than she had before. She looked at him and giggled lightly.

She watched as he placed his hand over hers, she felt her pulse pick up, and wondered if he could feel or hear it. New to her was a understatement, and she was sure she didn't deserve any of what was happening for her.

Her mind went a million miles now, oh if he only knew the back round she came from, how undeserving she felt for everything, how unwanted she knew she was, and how just innocent she was well maybe not innocent more so pure. When he touched her cheek and made her look up at him she was sure her face turned blood red. She smiled faintly at his comment, the only part of that statement she believed to be true was that she was smart, and she was smart cause that was really all she had for herself.

He was way to close she thought to herself her hands shaking slightly and wondered if he could or would sense how nervous she had just gotten. She was kinda grateful when the waiter showed up. Not that she didn't like him near, but just that it was the wrong way to feel.

Back