Distance Domination-Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scent is suppose to be the strongest memory trigger.

And I am the same. I can recognize them but not imagine them. That was how the cologne idea came up actually. We were on the phone and I mentioned not being able to remember his scent and he reminded me that his cologne was still in the medicine cabinet. It was a nice reminder but it most certainly made me ache.

I don't use cologne, but I do have a particular shaving lotion that is distinctive, so I gave her a bottle of that.

I don't use cologne, but I do have a particular shaving lotion that is distinctive, so I gave her a bottle of that.

Technically, he does not use cologne either. Its more of a body spray... I was just being lazy in my wording ;)

And it is very smart to utilize scent memory. I used to spray the letters I wrote him with my perfume (until I ran out) and he always said my letters smelled like home. *sigh* I need to start doing that again :cattail:

Technically, he does not use cologne either. Its more of a body spray... I was just being lazy in my wording ;)

Gotcha.

And it is very smart to utilize scent memory. I used to spray the letters I wrote him with my perfume (until I ran out) and he always said my letters smelled like home. *sigh* I need to start doing that again :cattail:

Any time you can give your service-member a small bit of home while he's far away, you've done a good thing, relationship or not. We used to mail my dad the most mundane stuff when he was on long deployments, and he loved it.

Scent-memory is powerful stuff though. I need to get that bottle of lotion out :eek:

Gotcha.
Any time you can give your service-member a small bit of home while he's far away, you've done a good thing, relationship or not. We used to mail my dad the most mundane stuff when he was on long deployments, and he loved it.
Scent-memory is powerful stuff though. I need to get that bottle of lotion out :eek:

Thank goodness he has not been deployed, yet. When that time comes... ugh. But yeah, I recognize the importance of sending little things from home to raise his spirits. I got him through Basic (emotionally) and I will get him through everything else. He is mine to protect, after all, and if I cannot shield his body I will keep his heart safe from despair. But for now, I like to pretend he will never be deployed.

Before he left we went to Build-A-Bear and made a stuffed bunny -- because he is my bunny ;) I am thinking now that spraying the bunny with his "cologne" might be a nice idea. Later though, I am not ready to be that sad again. Missing him is hard enough right now.

I remember the first package he sent me. It smelled like old smoke. It gave me headaches but I breathed it in every night anyway. I have asked him to send me one of his t shirts many times, but he hasn't yet. I told him to expect a lot to come up missing after my visit. *giggles*

I miss him so much tonight. I dont know why for sure that tonight is so much harder but it is. I just feel like October is never going to come, and even if it does I will only have a week with him then 6 months here. And what if I'm right and this transfer won't work. Seems more and more like the only way I am going to get to stay there is if we get married. Am I really ready for that again?

I wish I could sleep. :(

Nope none of them smell like him anymore. :(
not that I really know his smell yet, just his smokes

Last edited:
I remember the first package he sent me. It smelled like old smoke. It gave me headaches but I breathed it in every night anyway. I have asked him to send me one of his t shirts many times, but he hasn't yet. I told him to expect a lot to come up missing after my visit. *giggles*

I miss him so much tonight. I dont know why for sure that tonight is so much harder but it is. I just feel like October is never going to come, and even if it does I will only have a week with him then 6 months here. And what if I'm right and this transfer won't work. Seems more and more like the only way I am going to get to stay there is if we get married. Am I really ready for that again?

It sounds like me and you are in similar, but different, situations.
I am waiting for mid-September. Closer than October by a tad but still feels like forever away. And then, a brief visit, and huge separation again. Mine is moving to England. The only way for me to join him is to marry him... Am I ready to get married again? No, my divorce is not even final. Am I marrying him as soon as possible anyways? You bet. We both agree we should wait to get married... But life is too short to be kept apart due to legalities.

Of course, that is just what works for us... Separation vs a rushed marriage? No contest. I'd marry him eventually anyways. He is my heart.

Anyways. *hugs* Yep, that was my rambling point. I hope you are able to sleep. Insomnia and me are good friends -- tell her to leave you alone and come visit me; I do not mind her company.

Hi. My name is Paul. I've been curious to find an online master or mistress for some time now. Have I finally lucked out?

It sounds like me and you are in similar, but different, situations.
I am waiting for mid-September. Closer than October by a tad but still feels like forever away. And then, a brief visit, and huge separation again. Mine is moving to England. The only way for me to join him is to marry him... Am I ready to get married again? No, my divorce is not even final. Am I marrying him as soon as possible anyways? You bet. We both agree we should wait to get married... But life is too short to be kept apart due to legalities.

Of course, that is just what works for us... Separation vs a rushed marriage? No contest. I'd marry him eventually anyways. He is my heart.

Anyways. *hugs* Yep, that was my rambling point. I hope you are able to sleep. Insomnia and me are good friends -- tell her to leave you alone and come visit me; I do not mind her company.

My devorse is final as of 2 months ago. My only real hesitation is that this will be our first visit. And he has never even come close to marrying a girl before me. But I would do it in a heartbeat if he asked while I am there.

Even the rum isnt helping me sleep tonight. Oh well I'll crash tomorrow I guess

My devorse is final as of 2 months ago. My only real hesitation is that this will be our first visit. And he has never even come close to marrying a girl before me. But I would do it in a heartbeat if he asked while I am there.

Even the rum isnt helping me sleep tonight. Oh well I'll crash tomorrow I guess

My divorce was just filed on the 8th of July. Well, it is a "Joint Petition Blah Blah Etc" and it has a stupid 6 month waiting period. I wish I had filed 6 months ago... of course, I had no idea where my life was heading 6 months ago :rolleyes:

And prior to meeting me my boy hated the idea of marriage... and then he purposed during our last visit. Asked me to marry him in four years. Of course, that was before we knew he was being stationed in England. So four years turned to asap ;) Works for me, patience is not my strong suit anyways.

Also, sometimes, a first visit feels more like a reunion. That is how it was for me and my bunny boy when we met in person after knowing each other online for... hmm... like 3 weeks? Heh. I hope your visit is just as wonderful :cattail:

Hi. My name is Paul. I've been curious to find an online master or mistress for some time now. Have I finally lucked out?

It's not that kind of support, Paul. This is a thread intended for the group support of folks involved in distance relationships. I would suggest that you visit the BDSM personals sections and take a look in there. You might find the right person, or you could post an personal ad of your own.

hi everyone. long time no see. i hope everyone is doing well. i've seen better days, but hey, i'll be ok. i've not been around much because i don't have much online time anymore. for those of you who know Phoenix and i, the news is probably gonna shock all of you, but just today we decided to go our own way. *cries* it hurts, it hurts bad but somewhere along the line we lost the plot and both of us just need to take time and find ourselves again. i never dreamt i would be making this post. i'm lost, one second i'm fine, the next i'm crying. He's on the phone with me. ironically enough, even though we are splitting up, He's still my rock, guiding me through this.

as i told a close friend earlier, (just like in the song) i feel like i can't breathe, like i've lost my air, He's been my Air for 5 years. i don't know what happened, i don't know what went wrong, neither one of us do, but we both know we aren't what we used to be. i love him with all of my heart and i always will. i believe the distance was just too much after 5 years and we drifted apart. it hurts so bad, but no worries, i'll be alright. luckily i have Him to help me, to cry to and to still love me unconditionally. i just wanted to come update everyone and see how everyone is doing. lord knows this place has been a means of support for me for a while now, and i really really need all i can get. i'm not sure if He will stop by here or not..i will try to stop by more often. i hope everyone is doing well, or atleast better than i am. i've missed you all!

Tears of the Phoenix

Healing tears falling
From the Phoenix’s eyes
The load become to heavy
Into the flames he dives
The pain of the pyre
Known for many lives
From the ashes rebirth
But the memory never dies

From the ashes rebirth
But the memory never dies

Its heartwarming to know that you are still remain close enough to support eachother and care. We will give you any support you need. Wishing you the future happiness you both deserve. :rose:

Hi all! Not sure if this fit the criteria of the thread but here it goes.
My husband is currently serving overseas in a 1 year deployment and it sucks. Thankfully it is halfway overwith. I am not sure that I am making it through with my sanity all the way intact though. It is true that everything goes wrong withing the first 2 weeks of them leaving. My ceiling is even threatening to start leaking on me!!!!!:eek: There is a big bubble filled with water just waiting to start dripping on me as soon as the next rainstorm hits.

Thanks for reading my rant. I hope it was ok to just jump in here :)

My husband is currently serving overseas in a 1 year deployment and it sucks. Thankfully it is halfway overwith. I am not sure that I am making it through with my sanity all the way intact though. It is true that everything goes wrong withing the first 2 weeks of them leaving. My ceiling is even threatening to start leaking on me!!!!!:eek: There is a big bubble filled with water just waiting to start dripping on me as soon as the next rainstorm hits.

welcome Dakota. of course this fits into the thread. and aint that the truth about things going wrong right after they leave. again, welcome.

Yep, I think you fit in :) My boy is active military too and that is what is keeping us apart at the moment. *hugs*

Nope none of them smell like him anymore. :(
not that I really know his smell yet, just his smokes
Sent KT one of mine after wearing it all day at work. Sweatylol

Sent KT one of mine after wearing it all day at work. Sweatylol
*sniff sniff*

Smells like my Daddy yes!! I love to wear your t-shirt. Havent wash it yet and wont do it soon either. Its nice to smell your scent from it! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back