Disappointed……That was Jive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god. The Mod Queue is a forum that’s best described as the worst of the internet. As butters described above, we move posts and threads there. They (the site owners) can see everything we do and what we are moving.
I'd like to see that board.

OP has far more of an answer than I expected. A whole new policy that is so new it's still under development. I didn't think that would happen.

As I said somewhere on one of those threads, I see art as being created by hand, pencil/pen, chalk, brush on paper, canvas or similar mediums. I could even see digital art using a pad or stylus creating a completely original work on a computer screen. Some people are so proficient in PhotoShop as to be able to do that.

That is not the same as typing in keywords or commands and letting a system produce an image based on algorithms or having a suystem alter an existing image.

One of the story rejection notices included this text: "we do ask that all work published on the site at this time be created primarily by a human. "
Yeah, I see them as pretty much a boolean search and you hope whatever it cobbles together doesn't look too cronenburg. I personally don't see it as art, you're just making a real specific wish, so the genie doesn't fuck you over.

AI doesn't "create" anything. It airbrushes images stolen from artists.

That's why.

When I first started using Barco and Scitex in the 90's, the image manipulation I could do on those systems - compared to using etch, masks and film - was just stunning. It really was. But it was not creative. That comes from somewhere else.
Nick Cave has given AI use in art (for him, chatGPT in songwriting) a lot of thought. I think he's right.

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/chatgpt-making-things-faster-and-easier/

Depends on the app and the ai model used.

Your point misses the topic at hand. Is ai generated images a photograph?
I didn't miss the topic at hand. I went onto a different topic.

And no, of course they're not photographs, except in the sense that they are stealing information from someone else's photograph. Which is stealing from artists. Which was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back