Deportation without chance to plead case in court

Did it occur to you that there are reasons for having standards that must be met if you wish to come to this country? Maybe it's because we don't want to take on the whole world's problem...like people who are so unsucessful in their own country already that they can't meet those requirements?

Owera said:
How hard is it for you to understand that they do NOT have a choice when the way to gain legal entry is made impossible for the vast majority of them due to requirements that they can never meet?

I suppose if you were starving to death and someone said, "Hey, you can definitely get a job in Canada that will pay enough to feed you and your family, but you don't have any of the required articles to enter Canada legally so you'll have to come against the law" that you would just say, "Sorry. Can't break the law that way. I will just sit at home and watch me and my kids starve to death." ? Would you really do that? Do you think people would really do that?

What I am wondering is this... exactly where does it say that illegals have the right to come here in the first place? I don't remember having the RIGHT to go anywhere I felt like going with no need to concern myself with laws and such.

SleepingWarrior said:
What I am wondering is this... exactly where does it say that illegals have the right to come here in the first place? I don't remember having the RIGHT to go anywhere I felt like going with no need to concern myself with laws and such.
Hi SleepingWarrior! I think the issue is with the new law, not deporting :) It's giving border guards more power than neccessary, and its misuse by half-assed not well trained (that's never enough) personnel.

Last edited:
SensualMale said:
Hi SleepingWarrior! I think the issue is with the new law, not deporting :) It's giving border guards more power than neccessary, and its misuse by half-assed not well trained (that's never enough) personnel.

Not on Owera's side. Her issue is that there is even a restrictive immigration policy in place to begin with. And they should be able to throw anyone they want to right back across the border. I can't even get into Canada or back into the US without ID or papers and if I tried they would toss me right back and tell me to talk to my consulate or to get my papers.

SleepingWarrior said:
Not on Owera's side. Her issue is that there is even a restrictive immigration policy in place to begin with. And they should be able to throw anyone they want to right back across the border. I can't even get into Canada or back into the US without ID or papers and if I tried they would toss me right back and tell me to talk to my consulate or to get my papers.
I think she's been trying to say that the power to pick someone and decide to deport them without their case being heard (in the legal sense) shouldn't rest with the border guards or the INS officials. That is dangerous. Someone un/wittingly switched the topic to illegal immigrants already in the country etc. etc. etc. And, as the article suggests as to why it is being done - Citing concerns about terrorists crossing the nation's borders, ... - this is not going to help reduce terrorism in the country. It can backfire, just like it is in Iraq. This is like grasping for straws. I have lived in places where even more stringent laws would be required to stop terrorism, but, when you think of the people that are affected, there are better ways to get the job done. The officials always abuse their power, and that is what is not acceptable. It looks good in the short term, but it's a half-assed solution like all short-term solutions are.

The INS has a history of screwing up in that area, even with legal immigrants, let alone illegal. And they were racially profiled. Yep. I have a lot of respect for being tough on the border and in the interior too, but shitheads like that ought to be thrown out first, if you ask me, not given more powers.

Back