Decadents and Dropouts IC

Gryph

The half-dragon watched the shadows lengthen and the other crew members come and go as they took their time to partake in the meal that Phyllis had set out. The patience that came with his dragon heritage he sat there, watching and listening, keeping his vigil.

Phyllis Ovida

Drunk, but still able to see good in the darkness, Phyliss meant to see a moving figure for a moment. From the short look, she suspected it to be Relic, so she was not alarmed.

Gryph

He sensed movement in the shadows and looked, it was a shadowy figure, yet it seemed to be alone and didn't move with menacing intent. He didn't become too alarmed, but kept an eye just in case as he resumed his watch.

Relic

As a naturally underground loving creature, it was common for Relic to sleep in the darkest and coldest of places. It wasn't that she loved the cold, but it felt comforting, like she was compelled to sleep there.

After waking from a rather comfortable sleep, she had made her way up onto the deck. Off to the side Phyliss and Gryph seemed to have finished their meal, and Trunfor was in deep thought as he often was. If Relic could keep her mind on one topic for long enough, she might try and see what he found so enthralling one day. Suffice to say that she didn't study books very often.

Finding a seat that was empty, she picked at the left over food.

"Are we near to the next port, or city yet?" she questioned to nobody in particular, her mouth partially full of food.

After swallowing, she rinsed her mouth out with some left over wine and went back to picking at her meal.

Phyliss ovida

Phyliss moved over to Relic and sat down on the reling, balancing her body while she drunk. She always managed to move gracefully even if she was so stonedrunk that she could hardly walk.
"I have no idea... I've never been here before." She waved her arm, her snakes gently swirling around. "I am even foreign to this whole country, and arrived lateley."

Relic

Stopping her chewing for a moment, she looked up and Phyliss and smiled. Her toothy grin could sometimes scare some people, just from how sharp her incisors were, but it was a genuine smile. Pondering for a moment as if she was imagining a map of the area, she remembered something suddenly. Pushing the plate of food away, she hurridly searched herself for some of the items she 'took' from the Captains cabin.

"I think," she started, pausing to pull a scroll from a bag on her hip. With a satisfied breath, she unrolled the parchment.

"I briefly looked at this when I took it, but thought nothing of it. Until now I spose."

The map illustrated how the river curved a few more times before breaking into two, one skirting around the base of a mountain and towards the sea, and the other off inland further.

"There!

She tapped her sharp index fingernail on the map, the next stop in their journey.

It was unfortunate that the populace of a merchant town called Tisune had built a large bridge across the river. It was capable of getting lifted to allow passage through, but for 90% of the time it was closed until a toll was paid. Some of the crew might know of the towns history, but unless Gryph, Trunfor, Phyliss, or the other passengers knew the area well, they were in the dark as to what awaited them.

If the crew happened to speak up, they might mention how although the town was notorious for trading, it was also one of the last stops before the sea. Which meant that it also was the last spot for illegal goods to be ferried from the mainland. Slaves, stolen goods, it mattered little to the open water sailors and pirates.

Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon slid down the reling, kneeled beside Relic and put the emptied goblet on the table, all in one fluid movement. She looked at the map, her snakes brushing over Relics arm as she did.
"Now there is a city not to far, and a bridge, but I know nothing about it. I wonder if it is one of the places where a gorgon can walk freely to buy some supplies?"
They weren't in need of anything after raiding the ship, they had food, tools and she still had a good supply of clothes, but they had things leftover they could sell. Weapons and armor, for example.

Gryph

His only reaction to Relic's appearance was to hold his backpack closer to him, he had a little something to give her, the only problem was that she would most propably have to steal it to appreciate it. He did not enjoy the idea of her pilfering through his belongings. He heaved a soft sigh and listened to their conversation. He needed weapons, so a stop in a city could work for him.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss, still on her knees, put the map back on the table.
"We might sell the old boat there. The sooner the better."

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

On his own mind, however, and without the disguise of humanity that Ma'ant usually wore, the illithid found himself troubled. Even... as if he was completely naked. Spending so long under the illusions, playing a role that wasn't trully his for many, many years took a toll on the mind-flayer. It felt... troubling.

Relic had left him as they stood togheter once more after so long. She had grown. Her body took shape and her curves grew longer. It had been so long since they shared their every bath togheter. Since she warmed his bed every night. But that time was long past. The drow had a commitment to this new fellows, so it was only... right that he sought to befriend them. For Relic, if for anything else.

He climbed up the deck, his mind accessing the handful of voidmind slaves that still worked his own vessel. Maybe they should get moving soon. Sooner rather than later. Seeking out this eccentric crew, he ended up finding a number of them... Relic included, discussing their next course. As a newcomer, however, he prefeered to stay behind - clearly on sight, but quietly, listening alone until summoned to talk.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss waited a moment on her knees, before she got up and sat down on the table. She had really more then enough, but she filled her goblet again. Once she was in the mood, she never really could stop, and now she was in the right mood. Still, she always managed to look still graceful no matter how drunk she was. She noticed that the..how was this species called?...had arrived.
"You like a drink, Ma'ant?" she used his new name, not the one related to the merchant she knew before, not knowing it had been a mask back then.

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

He nodded, the tentacles that covered his mouthpiece slowly moved around as if underwater, following a flow that was only air against his moist skin.

"I have quite my own stock of vintages back at my vessel, good Phyliss.", he nodded as he approached, his tone quite loosened even if near the ones that had not really welcomed his new and true self. "But I'd like that you'd call me Kasmir once I wear my illusions. A disguise needs it's credibility."

"Been long since we had the oportunity to talk. Specially on our own.", he spoke in that slow, cautious and gurgling tone, avoiding the mental conversation he was more... used to. He wanted to allow his newfound and old allies their privacies of his own thoughts - it was needed if he was to remain with them. With Relic and Phyliss both.

"What do you and your mates plan, beautiful gorgon?"

Phyliss

Phyliss gave Ma'ant a wide smile.
"Oh. I don't forget. I think we need Kasimir soon if we sell one or two of our ships..." the gorgon spoke slow; well aware that she had one over the eight, but her mind was working still well.
"But vintages sound well... we bought some wine, but we have a larger crew now and could use something special for special occassions. I think I'll have a look on your collection soon."

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

"As soon as you wish, Phyliss."

He nodded with a movement from his tentacles that was so peculiar that could be only considered a grin... or was that a smile? Without the same facial features of most humanoids, the aberrant was quite... difficult to read beyond his voice tone. And even that could quite difficult on it's own.

"Would you like to come to have a taste, gorgon?", he offered Phyliss a long arm with thin, long fingers that could look like a claw if bound down togheter. "If the others would excuse us, of course. We still have much talk to do. Much experiences to share."

Phylis Ovida

Phyliss slided down the table, her snakes brushing against over Relic. She didn't do this on purpose, but she was sure that it would not shock a drow.
"Why, yes, I would like to have a look. I am not worried about our safety if Gryph and my friends are around."
She walked beside the strange creature, but leaned over and kissed Gryph on the cheek as she passed by. "Don't worry."

Relic

Rolling the map up again once everyone else had finished showing it attention, she slipped it back into her supplies. Finishing her meal, slower now, as she had sufficed her stomach. Watching out of the corner of her eye as Ma'ant and Phyliss moved away, she brought her eyes around to watch Gryph's reaction. She knew that he would worry about Phyliss in the solo company of a mindflayer, as anyone would, she supposed. Climbing up, she wandered over and sat near him on the railing.

"It looks as though we'll be blocked at the city, a bridge or something. How would you like to go about defense if they don't allow up through?"

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

With a parting glance at Relic, Ma'ant decided to peruse and send one last message. She could capture it easily, as the drow was still used to welcome his thoughts - he guessed, after their little time togheter.

<Worry not, esteemed Relic. The gorgon merely wants to ask questions. She knew Kasmir more than she knows Ma'ant'Zek'Ur, after all. I shall be back... and we can share a cabin once more.>

At the same time as he said that last message, he took the gorgon's hand and rather gently laid it against his arm, letting her hold to him as if they were nothing more than a pair of educated nobles in a rather cosmopolitan city. Both were quite accustomed and trained into the Courtly arts, after all.

"Please, ignore the voidminds. They'll do no harm. Neither shall I.", he added once he helped her over the edge between the two locked vessels. The voidminds had worked on securing the ships togheter for now. Maybe for the night. "...Phyliss, you've grown even more gorgeous than I remember.", he added in a simple flirt as he lead her down bellow deck. This one vessel was much different than her own - a rather large cabin that had access too both over and bellow deck through two different doors, while the hold had every sort of exquisitive and exotic goods.

Ma'ant lead her towards the cabin, after all. The walls were drapped with expensive curtains and fineries - that would fit his vessel well despite the risk of mould on the sea. "...Here. We have many, many tastes and choices. Should I get you something sour? Or maybe sweet?"

Gryph

He merely nodded at Phyliss as she passed him in the company of the mindflayer, Ma'ant and himself had come to an uneasy truce, if one bit of harm would come to any of his companions the mindflayer would pay the price. The moment Relic stood up he noticed it, he kept his vigil even as she moved closer, even though she proved to be part of their little group he still did not trust her. Upon her question he fixed his eyes on her, it did occur to him that something like that could happen,

"If they resist your charms, defy your friend's charisma, laugh at Phyliss' pleads, there is but one thing that a half-dragon can do."

He made a fist and flicked it open, a small, yellow ball of flame hovered above his hand,

"If they want to be idiots, they will have to run to stop a fire, giving us time to hoist the bridge and if they attack us, they will die."

He motioned toward Trunfor,

"I am very sure that Trunfor would also stand and fight when Phyliss comes under attack. Like a wise dragon once said, the best deffense is a good attack. I believe in that too."

He blinked at her,

"Are you trying to distract my thoughts because Phyliss is alone with Ma'ant?"

Phyliss Ovida

"Something sweet, please." said Phyliss. Even if drunk she had noticed that Gryph wasn't enthusastic as she touched him, but he was old enough to deal with that. He should have noticed how much she loved him by now. The.... being behind Kasimir looked very different from an creature she had seen by now, but his fine manners were still the same, so she didn't feel to uneasy being alone with him. She was sure he had no intentions to harm her, it would have been so easy for him to to so when she was on the run and asked him for help, not suspecting he could be anything else then a galant merchant. Yet, she felt a strange excitement, but not really an unplesant one. She looked around; this vessel looked a way that hers should. They had enough money now, and one in her life she could spent it without worrying who would pay the nex bill for her extravagances.

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

Reaching through the cabinets, there was one particularly sweet, spicy vintage down from the Southlands. A brandy from Athkatla, most probably, as he took the bottle. It had a long, slender neck, but a quite bulbous end. He took two goblets, pouring them both full does, and laying it all over the table where he sat besides her.

"So tell me, Phyliss...", he nodded as he offered her a goblet, taking the other one to under the edge of his swirling, waving tentacles. It was deliciously thick, strong. But sweet. "...What is the plan for the next day? Downriver to the Ocean?", he asked gently, laying a hand on the table and offering for her to give one too.

It had been too long since they had been togheter. And during her earliest days, Phyliss had laid with Kasmir, the merchant. Would she offer him those arts today?

Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon tasted the wine and put her hand on the table, her fingers an inch away from Ma'ant not touching yet.
"Very delicious."
It was true, the taste was fine, sweat and heavy. Already quite loaded, the alcohol added to the wines before and started to drag her in a cloudy, soft heaven. A great relief after all the bloodshed, fighting, fleeing and arguing in the last days. She had problems focussing on anything yet, but that was fine, just the break she needed. Nobody could blame her for getting really drunk. It renembered her off the good times she had, the short moments where she felt safe and protected and allowed herself to be careless and easy. She tried to renember if she had sex with Kasmir in that time. Certainly not when she was on the run, there had been no time or mood for that. But earlier, maybe the time she spent with so many guests in that large house with parties and celebrations each night, drowing their guests in endless supplies of wine and liquour? Playing silly and kinky games, always ending in at least one lady stripped and finally carried off into one of the gentlemen's bed? Quite often she had been this lady. Kasmir had been one of the guests as well.

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

It had been another time. Another lifetime, actually. Another face, another man. Another gorgon, he was sure as well. Kasmir had been into the gorgon's embrace more than once before. He could remember. It felt exquisitive to hold her in the most lecherous of celebrations, where before all guests he'd lay hands over the lady and share the most delicious intimacies with her.

Ma'ant took the goblet to his underlips once more, relishing the vigorous taste. "I am glad you liked it, Phyliss. Once more we drink and chat, eh?", he nodded. "Maybe we should do it as we used to during the time when I first met you..."

His hand slid along the tabletop towards her own. She felt strangely smooth, as his own palm would feel more... slippery, ruddy. "Do you miss that life, Phyliss?"

Phyliss Ovida

As he touched her hand, she suddenly renembered. How drunk was she, or did she had to many lovers? Of course they did... even if it was years ago. His hand felt strange now, but not but. Just very alien, but also exciting.
"Yes, I miss the luxury, and pleasure..." she said slowly...
"but on the other hand, I have new friends now, that are so strange like me... I fell less like an outsider. And they understand me... and care for me." She looked at the weird creature before her, her yellow iris fixed on Ma'ants strange face.
"They are more like me, don't see me just as an exotic thrill." She took another sip of the wine.

Last edited:
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

Had she wanted, she could have tried to petrify him right there - for once, Ma'ant stared carelessly into Phyliss' eyes, her slightly reptilian gaze matching his aberrant one. The merchant nodded, one of his tentacles running up his forehead as if rubbing a scratch for a moment.

"...I understand. It is... simply wonderful not to feel a monster.", he nodded, for before Ma'ant took upon the mantle of Kasmir, before he started to actually disguise his looks, things had been difficult. As it would always be to all of them Underdark-dwellers upon the surface. It felt good to be himself with the young Relic. Even more when the drow showed how much she appreciated his presence. His being.

"I am glad we all found friends that we could depend upon, Phyliss. Trully, it's quite a luck.", he nodded once more. Should he be Kasmir, he could end up asking if she wanted to eat - but his delicacies would most likely disgust the gorgon - and anyone else around, for that matter.

Phyliss Ovida

Phylis drunk, and Ma'ant blurredand was Kasimir again, for a moment... she wasn't really sure if it was the wine or if he really changed... she giggled at the weirdness of that situation, then she leaned on her arms on the table and gave Kasi'ant a broad, big smile. She decided to renounce of thinking this night, a luxury she knew from the happy drunk times in places of luxury and leisure. Her snakes moved around aimlessy, showing how dizzy she felt herself. But she wasn't feeling bad, not at all.

Back