Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

"Uhh, it did. One day we were out on a hunt, and I was with that baron, his rival and the rivals lady. As the baron rode forward, the rival shot him in the back, and his lady simultaneously fired at me, but the bolt stopped at my shield, so I turned around and petrified her on reflex. The rival darted away, and I knew he would blame the killing of the baron on me if he would escape, so I shot him. Then I raced back and just picked my emergency bag I always keep packed, containing some money and clothes. After that, I had to flee the country. It was my luck that there were several people helping me, including Ma'ant, although I only knew his human disguise by then."

Trunfor

Trunfor walked across the top deck of the main ship, the ship that he and the others had started this trip on, gazing up at the sky. The last few hours had been a blur to him, almost as if he were in a dream. The tension that had been present during that mindflayer's arrival had died down, but he still harbored a dislike towards him.

Shaking his head, he walked over to a table and, pulling out a map, spread it out. Tracing a finger across the coast of the Sea Of Swords, he measured out the distances between Baldur's Gate and Athkatla.

It was a several days journey, if one went by foot. Not bad when comparing it to the distance between Waterdeep and Silverymoon.

Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss saw the second ship, their first one, landing as well. Although it was dark, she could make out the familiar shape of the half-fiend, sitting at the improvised table on the decl. She wonered if he would come over.

After making a few calculations, and marking them on his map, Trunfor rolled up the map and put it in his case. Turning to face the shore, he thought he saw Phyliss staring at him. Smiling, he walked across the plank and made his way Towards Phyliss.

"Is there something I can help you with lady Phyliss?"

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss slided down the reiling, covering her breasts with the snakes and the ribbon of the medaillion.
"Oh, I thought you might be hungry and join Gryph and me at table?"

Trunfor noticed her attempting to cover herself and smiled. She was a special and unique person, if odd at some times. Hearing her question, he shrugged his shoulders, "Not really. Thanks for asking, but I'm fine. However I will join you two in conversation."

Phylisss Ovida

"I hope you will. You had been a bit silent the last days." the gorgon sat down on the reiling and crossed her legs, the largle saber bouncing on deck. She pushed the large old captain had to the side, as she kept having problems with the snakes under it. She filled her next goblet.

Gryph

Gryph grinned at the half-fiend,

"Well now, good to see you out and about again."

He unfolded his legs and stretched them out, crossing them at the ankles as he lounged.

"Seems like you have been in many such nasty positions captain. Must be bad luck that dogs you."

Phyliss Ovida

"Well, maybe. But I had been luckier for the last weeks. All this harrassment was the reason I got onboard with all of you."

Last edited:
Gryph

He grunted,

"Safety in numbers, yeah I have noticed that does tend to increase one's chances to survival in this world."

Shifting to an even better position he looked away from the half-naked gorgon and looked up at the sky, how he wished he could fly like a real dragon.

"Of course when you have my bulk, power and magics, you are actually good at hiding from humans out in the wild, if they try to attack you there, it would be folly."

Phyliss shifted and sat down on the reling, putting an arm before her breasts. She felt already drunk and had a leering smile on her face, but was still able to speak.
"But you don't have to hide anywhere. I saw you first breaking through the massive gate, standing in a rain of arrows without getting a scratch. And just think how quick we get rid of that thugs that atttacked us with this ship."

Gryph

He smiled at her words, his fangs on display again,

"And before that? I had to hide away, live in the forest, away from humans as I had no kind of my own. I have to hide, until I am master of myself and all the powers that my blood has to offer me."

Trunfor

"Power in numbers can be both hindering and beneficial. As for acceptance, few place accept our kind. I know of only a few places, but they're either vile cities like Westgate, or enlightened places like Waterdeep or arcane colleges and universities."

Trunfor stretched out his right wing and, holding it in front of him, began to trace the scar on, "I've been to Westgate before. No one cares what you are, unless you're some kind of holy justice bringer."

Phyliss Ovida

"Westgarte. Maybe that is a place we might visit, if it is something in reach. Maybe we can sell one of our ships there."

Trunfor

"You wouldn't like Westgate. It has a 'anything goes and everything has a price' reputation. After all, it part of the nation of Dragon Coast. Three powerful city-states, seven or more thieve's guilds, dozens of pirate bands, and agents of Faerûn's darkest secret societies. It a nest of vultures and thieves. A land of sinister reputation with no government or law enforcement... well beyond hireswords and an unwritten code of conduct."

Trunfor shook his head and frowned, "A place of evil, lawlessness... hated it."

In an even softer voice, almost unintelligible, he muttered, "Nothing there for me except them."

Trunfor took a breath, to calm himself, before putting a smile back on, "If you wish to sell a ship, the cities of Baldur's Gate or Waterdeep has huge shipping ports. Another city, though farther off, is Calimport where you could get a better price."

Phyliss Ovida

"Then we go on sailing to one of these cities tommorrow." she wondered if she should tell that she had lived safer and better in some of the "evil" cities, because there were no "honorable" citiziens that wanted to keep their place tidy of what they called monsters. She could move in this evil cities with plenties of monsters or criminals around that were much worse then there, nobody asking qustions where she came from and where she would go and what she wanted. Of course, it was dangerous, but if somebody attacked or threated her, she would gain some respect after she petrified or poisoned the villain, and there was no guard to arrest her and no mob of honorable citizens out to lynch here. But she guessed Tronfur would not understand her in that way.

Gryph

"Well then all fed and seemingly secured, shall we take watches? I had a refreshing nap so I will take first watch."

He smiled as he got to his feet, slinging his pack onto his back

"Oh and sometimes it is best to disappear into a crowd of nearly your own kind and don't worry Trunfor, this time you will have me to back you."

Phyliss Ovida

"I am not that tired yet and might have another drink, but you can have the first watch, if you like." The gorgon curled back on the reling.

Trunfor

Trunfor looked at the two as the talked about who would take the first watch. He didn't really care about who got the assigned task, if he was picked first, oh well, if he was picked last, then that was fine as well.

"You do that. Whatever you pick, I'll follow." Then he pulled out his spell book and began reading on page 79.

Gryph

Gryph grinned and cuffed the little half-fiend

"I'll stand your watch too, then you can...read and study in peace."

Gryph walked to the fore castle and took a seat, his attention focused on the bank and every now and then shifting to look up and down the river.

Phyliss ovida

Phyliss went down into her cabin and stripped off the captains costume and changed into a more comfortable green dress. As she had drunk a lttle much yet, , she did not waste any time on lingerie and just put the dress over her naked body; probably nobody would notice it anyway. She went up again and refilled her glass, wondering how everything would go on.

Trunfor

Sighing, Trunfor got up and made his way towards the boat and took a seat on the railing then took the time to gaze out at the sea, as he began to ponder on what Phyliss and Gryph would do and where they would go.

As those thought came to mind, he quickly shifted to all the place in the world that there were. The Dale Lands, several nations of similar culture. The Western Heartlands, a vasr stretch of land where the city of Baldur's Gate and the great Candlekeep were located. The world was so mysterious, so expansive, that one who have to spend a lifetime to see them and learn about the histories, and even then, they'd once scrape the surface of the whole thing.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss, who had filled her next goblet, watched the members of the crew finishing the meal, while Tronfur and Gryph sat apart, each one thinking of something, the halfriend occupied with his writings as usual. She strolled over the deck, her glass in the hand, looking around.

Gryph

He noticed that Phyliss had returned back to the deck and smiled at her, then returned to his vigil.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss smiled back at Gryph, but did not stop by him. Although the gorgon had one to many anyway, she returned to fill her goblet another time and went to the reling, looking what had happened to the other ships.

Back