Decadents and Dropouts IC

Relic

Trunfors appearance had gone unnoticed for the most part by Relic, until he changed his appearance and his presence increased within the room. Turning around, Relic smiled and welcomed him to sit on the fur rug if he wished. Leaning against the front hull of the boat, she crossed her legs and remembered back to what his 'appearance' was. And hoped not to say anything incorrect.

"I met him about twenty years ago, I was still young, a little more mature than a human teenager I suppose. Mainly just because I had more years at that age. There was a very difficult time during the cull back then, when our kind were hunted more harshly. Supposedly because we stole jobs from the humans during their 'Depression' time. This was on another continent however, so I'm not sure if it was just a more brutal King that declared it.

I was a street orphan at that stage, dressed in rags and covered in dirt. My skills in stealing were good, but the picking were slim at best. So I had to ask for work from shops, hoping to find something worth stealing or at least to earn enough coin to get off the streets."

Thinking back, it was like yesterday as Relic remembered entering that merchants shop. The smell of spices were still on him, it was a good reminder for her to follow into her memories.

"Kasmir the Merchant greeted me in one of those shops. Employed me. Washed me. Fed me. Taught me how to behave better. Helped me find out if I knew who my parents were, or anything of my past. And we worked together for a good while. In the end we became close friends, beyond simple work colleagues. I don't know what caused me to run back then, temptation I suppose. My true undeniable weakness. I stole from him, after he gave and invested so much. What I stole wasn't worth it.

My blood keeps ruining anything I gain."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sat down next to Relic. Upon hearing her tale, he looked at her in sympathy.

He did wonder why she, Phyliss, and Gryph classified specifically humans. There were hundreds of other races that lived in cities with humans; elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half-orcs, and many more. In reality, humans were to most tolerant of all the humanoid races. Usually Dwarves and elves were the least tolerant.

He reached over and put a hand on her shoulder, "You don't ruin everything. Everyone makes mistakes, and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it."

Relic

Tilting her head to look at him as he patted her shoulder, she wished sometimes that she could believe people full heartily. But there was blackness inside her, she knew it. Ma'ant had probably sensed it long ago as well. And as she grew older, it just seemed to throb deep inside her. As if a constant reminder. That she had something growing, and that it wanted to come out, it wasn't so bad that she couldn't control it now. But what about in another fifty years?

"Thanks Trunfor. But I'm slowly getting used to it. Don't worry about me. I've always survived, no matter the odds. Temptation may be the last of me, but it won't be my best."

She kept just what that darkness wanted to do to herself. But the subconscious feelings boiled there, telling her things. Whether its an image, or a voice, or just an overwhelming urge.

Right now she had the overwhelming urge to force Trunfor to pleasure her. But close by that was also the urge to spill his blood, or to steal what she had just given him as as present. Or to simply light a fire in her room and leave everyone to burn.

Smiling, she stood up and held out her hand. Pausing when she heard footsteps on the stairs.

"Quick, change back...unless you want to be seen."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled at her, "I can`t. I only prepared one polymorph spell. If I were a sorcerer.... anyways, I interesting in finding out his reaction to me."

He saw a strange look in her eyes but dismissed it, he reached up and grabbed her hand.

Relic

"Suits me fine. I quite like you as you are. Without the hiding." Taking his hand she helped pull him to his feet and moved out to meet Phyliss and Kasmir near the stairs. With room for them to move down off them.

Looking around the 'below deck' portion of the ship, she wasn't sure if it was much to show off. But it was clean enough, dry enough and not full of rodents. Although there were a few she had seen. At least if they got shipwrecked on some barren land, one of them might have a few meals.

"So how do you like your journal and ink?" she asked Trunfor whilst the other two spoke and went on the tour.

Trunfor Blackheart

He smiled at her comment about him. At her question he grinned at her, "It's wonderful. Magically enchanted ink and journal, how'd you know that I liked magic?"

Relic

"It wasn't your like of magic they were aimed at. I suppose I didn't think that far ahead. It was your love of reading and writing, and my own need to read what you have written that caused me to find an ink I could not read."

Laughing, Relic leaned up against one of the vertical supports and chatted with Trunfor.

"I just hope you don't talk in your sleep, because then the whole secret writing may not stay so secret if you announce your passwords. Even then, the lock is good. I cannot open it, and I can open most types. It's just superior to my skills."

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

"Sounds like it was quite an exciting journey."

He took care with the step as Phyliss led him around, Kasmir examining the whole of the ship's hold with interest. And suddenly, curious, he decied to ask it aloud.

"Tell me, dear, how did you've met Relic?"

Kasmir said, hoping to drawn the drow into the conversation.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked over at Relic, "Well, either way, I loved the gift and you have my thanks."

He bowed to her and smiled, feeling a little embarrassed. Then he heard the man speak aloud. He shook his head and continued to look at Relic. "I wish you repay you for the gifts. I have access to many magical spells. If you need them, or anything else, just ask."

Last edited:
Relic

"Simply smile occasionally Trunfor. Its more valuable to the crew than any spell. Well, almost."

Turning her attention to Phyliss and Kasmir, she smiled. Remembering how she had met the traveling group. Back when the little dog girl, the beautiful claymore wielding Verialyn, the annoying and non-trusting gorgon and the peculiar kobald had been camping in the clearing. She had been intent on stealing from them, gold bags hanging off the kobald's saddle catching her eye. But the flickering of the crescent moon necklace had caught the moonlight and given away her position.

She had tried to appear as the small dog girls adopted sister, on a quest to return her. But soon that front had broken down, and instead she explained her interest in the group. But mentioned that the quest they were on sounded far more interesting than stealing the few coins they had.

Of course, coins were still on her mind all that time. She had been interested in the large claymore that the strong and calm Verialyn had carried. Wondering how such a heavy weapon could be wielded by a human.

"Another story of my thievery gone wrong I am sorry to say."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor nodded and headed back to his area of the boat. He wondered what Relic meant by 'A thievery gone wrong'? Shaking his head, he sat down and opened up one of his books.

Phyliss Ovida

As Phyliss came down, she saw that Tronfur was in his usual shape again. She had given him time to hide or morph again (she didn't know that much of magic), so she thought that he wanted to represent himself as what he was, what pleased her best.
"Here is another one of my friends, Tronfur, a very nice person. He is very modest, so he did not present himself before." She looked over to Relic.
"I met Relic first while I was traveling with two friends in the wilderness. It wasn't a good start, I have to admit, but it didn't come to the worst then."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked up and smiled at Phyliss, then he looked at the stranger and nodded.

"Hello. Good to met you."

Phyliss Ovida

"You see, all my friends here aren't of the usual kind, but I know you are able to judge them outside the normal conventions. Of course, not everybody is so tolerant towards us. But you see this..." she moved her arm around the cargo room, which was very plain, only filled with some crates and barrels, that conatined the supplies and some tools. The only somehow nice place was the pile of cushions and blankets in the back of the crago room, where Phyliss had installed a larger sleeping place. "I think we could make this whole place a little cozier."

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

"I'll be sure to check on this tale with her later...", he said, smiling.

Turning respectfully to Tronful, Kasmir took his time to analize his... uncommon features. Yes, as an aberrant himself, he was more than used to meeting this kind of creatures - but to see such a group working togheter was somewhat... of a new experience. Taking both hands togheter, he gave a slight nod.

"The pleasure is mine, good man."

"Yes... it seems possible to make this more of a confortable place... although I would probably warn you to get a... larger vessel before spending in it, if you see what I mean."

Coming around Phyliss, Kasmir stood between the gorgon and the drow, seeming thoughtful, as he sent another message to Relic.

<Good Relic, would you... lead us to a quiet place? I long to talk with you... alone.>

Relic

Inwardly nodding at Ma'ants request, Relic stepped forwards and cleared her throat. "Phyliss, perhaps you could speak to Trunfor and Gryph about defending this vessel before we put too much thought into its appearance. I'm sure it would give Trunfor something to study, and Gryph something to make himself useful with. Once we know we can fight off any attacks, then we should worry Kasmir some more for making it comfortable. Not that I find he would worry at continuing this then."

She spoke as though making an observation, but also as if to remind Phyliss of the conversation they had earlier about seeing how Gryph and Trunfor were doing. "Gryph might also benefit from another healing. He's far to lazy sitting up their recovering the good old fashioned way." Relic smiled to show she was only messing with him, knowing full well he was healing after a decent wounding.

Stepping forward, Relic slipped her arm in under Kasmir's and looked up at him.

"In the mean time, would you enjoy hearing of my tales since we last spoke. I have some 'Alderthistle Leaves', I remember you enjoyed it."

Relic smiled, inwardly she knew that anyone who knew what Alderthistle Leaves were, would see her plans. It had slightly hallucinogenic properties, but was known to cause a rather heightened sexual desire in some. Which of these two side effects Relic knew Kasmir felt was anyones guess.

With her free hand she extended an invitation to her small room, "Shall we smoke for a while?"

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

"It would be delightful, my dear. We have much to speak, and I'm not shy about smoking while hearing your voice."

<Masterful, my dear. Simple Masterful.>

Kasmir spoke as he allowed Relic to lead him, grasping her tightly and grinning back, his eyes perusing into hers as if he was reading her thoughts as in an open book. Since Relic, he had shared many long conversations alone with a fine lady... but none were as nearly as pleasant as hers.

"Good Phyliss...", he looked back one last time, "...Allow me to leave. I have much to discuss with this fine drow. If you'd excuse me... we'll talk again later!"

<Lead on, Relic.>, Kasmir's pleasant voice echoed about Relic's mind again, as he allowed her to take the lead, enjoying the opportunity to check at her fine body. It had been so long ago. This Relic was so different than the last one that had spend long conversations with him... would she be the same Relic?

Last edited:
Relic

She knew that Phyliss may take hurt at her dragging Kasmir off in the middle of the conversation, but then again, Relic couldn't be a saint all the time right? And she had been on good behavior for the few hours she had returned to the group. Surely that was cause for a reward. It didn't take more than walking a few meters to enter the small triangular shaped room at the front of the cog. Taking a seat on the rug, she crossed her legs and motioned for him to join her. To close the door if he so wished, which she hoped he did.

Taking a pouch out of her bag, and a wood carved pipe, she soon began preparing the offering. It had been an enjoyable activity of hers for years now. In fact, he may have been the very first to show her how to smoke correctly. A lesson of course, but it was one of the more easy to concentrate in.

"So Kasmir, I expect you have been collecting wives for every season? Or are you still as handsomely available as during our last meeting?" Relic smiled up at him.

<Hopefully so, but then again, to seduce a married man might be a rather interesting experience...especially one of your abilities.>

Lighting the pipe, she took a few quick puffs before offering it to him.

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

With little cerimony did Kasmir closed the door well shut. He knew as well that Phyliss could be hurt by his display of... detachment when near Relic. Perhaps it was her presence that nimbled his actions. But he hoped that his words and manners had been soothing and caring enough than to let her speaking with the wind.

<Should I dismiss the illusion, dear?>

Smiling all the while, did Kasmir laid beside Relic, watching her practiced moves, almost waiting for her to fumble with the pipe sooner rather than later. After all, it had been difficult to teach her the hookah, imagine the pipe! He laid himself limply beside her, staring shamelessly around her luscious, full body. She had been so thin, so small, so weak... she was still small, but a full, strong woman, now.

"Wives? Well... yes, but none of mine!", he laughted, taking upon the pipe and inhaling deeply, exhaling a long snake-like smoke. It was a simple trick, but he loved it. "Available, yes, but searching one special..."

Relic

Leaning over to breath in the smoke snake, she whispered to Kasmir quietly.

"Then I must be out of luck, for I am far from special, and almost certainly not married."

Looking over his form, she had never actually bedded his illusion, but it was always Ma'ant in his true form. She knew that she missed their sessions of love making. There had been nobody since with his 'abilities'. And she had not met any of his kind along her journeys.

<If you feel it safe? My door has no lock you see.>

It was true, the door had a latch, but there was nothing to stop someone simply entering.

Taking the pipe, she took in a deep breath, exhaling a simple cloud of no specific shape. She did not possess his skill.

"Where did your travels take you? Far away lands of mystery and treasure?" Her question years ago might have held disdain, but today she asked with genuine curiosity. Back then she had not known how good adventure felt, how the life of an independent could be so fulfilling. So exciting.

"I have found enjoyment in my path, but still regret my acts the last time we spoke. If its a consolation, I was but a child of ill repute."

<Now I'm not a child...even if I am still of ill repute> She chuckled inwardly.

<For you only, Relic.>

He mumbled the words of power and Kasmir was gone. Kasmir the Merchant, a whole persona, created for the purpose of hiding an aberrant in the overworld. But then again... Phyliss and her gang were indeed many different creatures of ill-repute. Perhaps amongst them he could walk freely in his purple skin? Perhaps. Still, he covered his heav in his exquisitive green robe's hood.

<Indeed. Beyong the Hallowed Ocean. Into the Jungles of Kairasay. Many places. Many people. Only Kasmir.>

He spoke to her mind as if in an apologetic speech, taking one of his gloved hands to caress at her leg nearby. He took one more puff, before handling Relic the pipe back, his senses somewhat dulled by the strong herb.

<I've missed you, Relic. I've really did. But we are togheter now, and that's all what matters. Tell me...>, he kept caressing her leg with kind motions, his tentacles wriggling around his mouth, <How did you've met Phyliss the Gorgon? I've thought that you'd be a lone when travelling...>

Phyliss Ovida

"Well, there he goes." Phyliss was indeed a bit indignated as Relic simply dragged her partner along. And Gryph had just been sleeping and hadn't even gotten up when Kasimir arrived. So she sat down next to Trunfor and put her arms around him.
"You see, he is nice. No reason to worry. Relic has found her own corner, although it is terrible narrow. I like to have a bit more room around me. But how about you? Is thee a place here you like especially? Or would like to improve?"
She spoke with her lips next to his ear, giving him a more private feeling. Her snakes brushed over him, but she knew that he was not startled by it.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor shrugged and set down his book. "But I'm not sure about him. He tried to break into my mind, a violation of privacy, but I easily deflected him considering he didn't seem to know the right spell. A person's mind is their last santuary."

He closed his eyes in content as Phyliss's hair brushed against him, "Anyways, I don't need improvements. Magic can see to that, but thanks for asking."

Phyliss Ovida

So Kasmir was more then he seemed. A sucessful merchant, but using magic to improve possible. She snuggled against Tronfur and whispered in his ear.
"So, you are perfectly happy? Nothing is missing?"

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled down at Phyliss and held her close, "I didn't say that, but what do you think I'm missing?"

Back