Curiosity killed the cat... Or did it? (Closed for MidnightWalker)

I nodded. "I've looked into the...desire issue...and I'm not sure how to fix it, or curb it, or curtail it or whatever, but I'm working on that as well. That seems like just as big an issue. I am working on it." I regarded her. "As for staying here, that's not a problem.

Turning toward the rear of the laboratory, I beckoned Lilah to follow me. Pointing to one of the two doors at the back of the space, I said, "That's the bathroom...sink, toilet, rather cramped shower. All the amenities of not living on the street." I smiled at my own feeble joke. Reaching the other door, I pulled it open. "And here, a home away from home." I showed Lilah the contents...a rather narrow bed, nightstand, rack for hanging clothes, small flatscreen TV, mini fridge. "Sometimes work is very engaging and I don't like to take the time to go home just to relax or sleep. So I put this together. But it's yours, for as long as you need."

My eyes flicked across her nude body again, moving to effortlessly beside me. "And, if you'd like, I can go to your place, pick up whatever you might need. If you want to give me a list, tell me where things are...?"

I nodded slowly and looked back into the skimpy bathroom. "Let me pull myself together a bit and see what I can think of. No hurry tonight. It is late and we both could use some sleep. I'll write down a list for the morning."

I walked towards the bathroom but paused, turning to look at him. "Thanks... for everything. This has been strange, to say the least, and it's nice to have someone to help me through."

I closed the bathroom door behind me before he could respond and started the water to heat it up. I stared at myself in the tiny mirror, turning my face side to side, taking in my new features. I still looked somewhat normal. The tiny slits and changed color of my eyes was a little strange, and my nose had shrunk and flattened just a little. I felt the whiskers stretching from my face and twitched my nose, which made them move.

As the mirror began fogging, I stepped back heaving huge sigh and climbed into the shower to rinse away the stress.

"Well, this is my fault. It's the very least I could do." Stepping out of the way, I gave Lilah access to the bathroom. Not intending to, I did take a good look at her thighs and buttocks as she moved past. Those might just be the pinnacle of human evolution...so strong and tight and round. But my attention was drawn to the flicking tail. That...had to be fixed.

As she shut the door, I added, "I'll be here for a while, working. Let me know if you need anything." I turned and returned to my desk. This was going to take some serious work. Probably much more than I put into the "cure" to start with. Rubbing my temples, I opened Lilah's file, examining the most recent set of results. I settled down for a long night of brain sweat.

I let the little rivers of water soak through my new coat of fur and watched as it became sleek and stuck tightly to my body. I scrubbed at it, trying to clean out any matting from my earlier flailing and panicking. I combed my fingers through my wavy red hair, pulling out the snarls as gently as I could. As I relaxed and thought over the day's events, I leaned heavily against the wall of the shower, letting the water caress every last ounce of tension from my sore muscles.

Even as it began to rain down icy streams, I stood there, thinking. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing. I mean, aside from the fact I would never be able to show my face in public again. But I was a writer. I could do that from home. The athletic events and pursuits had simply been something I enjoyed. I could survive without them, right? I looked down at my now perfect leg. No, probably not. I wanted to test my new strength, but how could I do that when I looked like... this?

I stepped out and found a rather large, albeit rough, towel and wrapped myself in it. There was no point in continuing to parade around naked, even though there was nothing left to expose to the doctor. I slowly cracked open the door and peered across the lab. Spotting him at his desk, I noticed him plodding away on his computer and tried to duck quietly into the room he'd shown me earlier. I'd bother him in the morning about new clothes.

I sat comparing DNA markers, trying to find where Lilah's varied from normal homo sapiens, to locate the additions and match them to the foreign DNA that I'd introduced. If I could find those, I could begin to work out a way to remove them. At a minimum, I needed to find ways to minimize their impact on her physiognomy. The poor woman couldn't even go out in public thanks to what I'd done to her. I had to fix that - the tail, the ears, the fur...that's what made it impossible for her to go out. That needed to be my initial focus. But to do that, I needed to find out how this had happened.

Irrationally stabbing the 'enter' key hard, I set the next set of simulations to running. This was insane. Something out of science fiction. Scowling at my computer, I heard the squeak of a hinge behind me. Turning the chair, I saw Lilah, with one of my beige bath towels draped around her, opening the door to the sleeping area. Once again I was amazed by her ability to move quietly.

"Going to get some sleep?" I called out. "Do you need anything? Is there anything I can get for you or do for you? I'm still more than happy to run to your place and get anything you might need. You just tell me." Even to me, my voice sounded terribly eager to please. Mostly guilt, that. I was fascinated by the changes in her body, the new musculature, and I wondered how those physical changes would enhance her normal abilities, but the visual changes conflicted with that. Lilah may be healthier and stronger than ever, but that would have to be tested, and the changes to her outward appearance made that much more difficult. Although...as I sat there and waited for her response, I had a thought. A potentially helpful thought.

I froze as I heard his voice wash over me gently from across the lab. I turned to face him again, trying, most unsuccessfully, to keep the scrap of towel around my full figure. I felt a blush creep into my cheeks and shoot down my spine to gather at my core. At least I was balanced, I scoffed to myself as my mind conjured the image of a dumb bell weight stretched through my body.

"I think I should be fine tonight, but I am going to need some clothes. And a few other things, but I can figure a way to get those at a later time if my stay ends up being extended." The heat worsened as I thought about the "things" I wished I had. "Thanks again for all of this."

I was about to walk away, but thought of one more thing. "Did you have any plans of how to test and make sure the experiment worked? I can't imagine you would put this much effort into it without thinking that far ahead."

"Anything you need, whenever, you just say so." I regarded her. Beyond the momentary 'freak out', Lilah was handling what had happened to her remarkably well. In some ways, better than I was. I'd fixed the injuries, but ruined the person. Anything I could do to help alleviate what was going on was too little. "Just say the word and I'm out getting whatever you need, no matter what it is. Food, clothing, personal care items." I essayed a small joke. "Feminine hygiene products. Whatever you want. I can go now." I stood. The simulations I was running would operate on their own anyway. I wasn't needed at the desk.

As she asked her question, I at least had the good graces to flush. "Well, you know us scientist types. Sometimes we get so focused on the science that we forget the more practical, mundane matters. I mean, I have plenty of equipment here" gesturing around "to test a lot of it. Your immune system. Respiratory and circulatory system. And your muscle tone is obviously greatly enhanced." I looked up and down her lithe, towel-clad form. "As for testing any new abilities you may have manifested...I, um, well, I just had a thought about that. I'll need to make a call in the morning. It's a bit late now, but I do have an idea."

I nodded slowly and contemplated everything. The ache was getting worse again and with it, pain like menstrual cramping. I winced, but tried to control myself. Maybe if I could get rid of him for long enough, I could take care of this. At least for the time being, but I couldn't rush him out the door every time I got hit with this need. I chewed my bottom lip, then felt my tongue flick out and lick my lips. I flushed even harder and nodded again, trying to organize my thoughts, but they were turning into a heaping mash of scrambled nothing.

"I-if you could just grab me some clean clothes," I muttered. "Key is in my jeans. Wait... I never locked up because I rushed over here so fast. Can you check and see if I have my key? Oh, just take it just in case I did lock up. And if you could make sure all the lights are out when you leave. I may have left one on, or not. I can't remember." I was working myself into a fever and needed to get away. I looked into the room for a brief, longing second before taking a deep breath, feeling myself getting more worked up as oxygen hit my brain.

"Clothes, lights, lock."

With that, I ducked into the room and sank to the floor resisting the urge to relieve myself right there, listening to see what he would do.

I nodded, happy that I could do something to help. "Sure. Clothing. Turn off the lights. Lock up. I can do that." Turning, I found her discarded clothing and riffled through the pockets, coming up with Lilah's house and car keys. I turned to respond, but she'd already gone into the room. I called out loudly, "I'll take care of it. You just rest. My cell number is by the phone. Call if there is anything else you need." Hearing no immediate response, I headed out, making sure to lock the laboratory up tight. It wasn't likely to be disturbed out here, but I didn't want to take that chance with Lilah there.

Driving over to her place took about 30 minutes, but that's only because I got lost. Going up to the building, I let myself in and found her apartment. She had indeed locked up going out. Must be a reflex we all have, even under stress. Opening the door, I walked in, looking around. It was a very nice place - neat, clean, well organized. And proof that the door-locking was a reflex - half the lights in the place were on. Taking a cursory look around, I headed back to her bedroom.

It occurred to me that I didn't have anything to put stuff in, but opening the closet door exposed a couple of gym bags, one quite large. Pulling it out and setting it on the bed, I suddenly realized that I didn't know exactly what sort of clothing she'd want. Well, I could figure the basics. Going to the dresser, I opened drawers until I found her underwear drawer. Seeing the variety of garments in there, I just grabbed a handful of panties, dropping them in the bag, and then another handful of bras to place on top. Moving downward through the dresser, I found a drawer of tshirts and what looked like jogging shorts, so I added handfuls of those as well. Socks got tossed in. The last drawer contained things to sleep in, apparently...almost all of them nightgowns of various natures. Shrugging, I took a couple of them at random and put them in the bag.

Moving to the closet, I considered. Not knowing what she'd need or want, I grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, some nice blouses, and then, as an after thought, a couple of the dresses. After all, with the tail, they might just be the most comfortable things. Zipping the bag up, I headed for the front door when another thought hit me. Stopping, I turned back and stepped into Lilah's bathroom. She'd only said clothing, but everyone needed their toiletries.

The toothbrush and toothpaste were easy to find, as was a brush and comb. Those went into the bag and I started going through the drawers and medicine cabinet, just in case something jumped out at me. Hesitating, I grabbed the box of feminine hygiene products and tossed them in as well. What else would make her comfortable? Hmmm. Reaching into the shower, I pulled out her shampoo and conditioner, as well as her soap. Comforts of home.

Looking around, I couldn't think of what else might be needed, so I headed for the door again, shutting off lights behind me. On the way, I spotted a pile of magazines and a romance novel and threw them into the bag as well. Going to the door, I made sure everything was off, then let myself out, locking up. Heading out to my car, I put the stuffed gym bag into the passenger seat and started back for the lab.

As soon as I heard the lock click into place, I knew I was alone. I sighed in relief and sunk completely to the floor, stretching out before I even realized I was lying on a cement floor. Despite the cold, the heat inside me made me begin to sweat. Without even realizing it, one of my hands was already cupping my breast, massaging and teasing the nipple, increasing the pain in my core as I felt myself getting more and more aroused. I was ready for it this time, though, and instead of the unsightly yowling of a wild animal, I let out a soft feminine moan as my free hand traveled south to the warm, damp, furry nether region that needed attention so badly.

I had no clue how much time had gone by, but I knew that what I was doing wasn't working. I worked my fingers through the hot slit over and over, begging for release that never came. I needed more. It was the middle of the night. I should have ridden home with him. I could have gotten everything for sure... The thought of being stuck in such close proximity to a male for such a ride, while in this state just made me more frantic and I continued my desperate attempt to fight the ache that was made even worse by my attention.

I prayed for salvation, for the moment of sheer bliss that came from my usual romp, but nothing and I was starting to get truly frustrated as the feline portion of my mind became more and more prominent in its demands for some form of mate. I clawed at my breast, feeling pinpricks of pain there as well as I unintentionally broke the skin. I felt tears start streaming down my cheeks as the cramping grew worse. This was torture, but I could not let him see me like this. The thought of being forced under every time the urge hit was not appealing to me in the slightest.

In a fevered state of mind, I focused solely on my clit, silently stroking it as the fever grew and boiled in my mind. There was some indignant part of my feline brain that pouted as it resigned to this less-than-perfect form of dealing with our desire.

As if bursting from a dark room that had been locked, I felt a burst of pleasure explode from me and at the same time, fireworks blew behind my tightly shut eyelids and I couldn't help but scream. The sound broke off into a laugh that under any other terms or conditions would have sounded maniacal or evil, but to me, the feeling of relief flooded over me so suddenly that even amid the giant wet spot I was lying in, I felt the first waves of gentle, natural slumber beginning to overtake me and I succumbed with joy and relaxed pleasure.

Last edited:
Getting back to the lab in 20 minutes, things going so much better when you don't get lost. Opening up and walking in, carrying the heavy duffel. "Lilah, I'm back!" Then seeing that you've closed the door. On my way back, I stop to see if the simulations have finished running. Finding them still going, I turn toward the the door at the back. Walking as softly as I can, not sure if you might be asleep.

Outside the door, I hesitate, hand on the doorknob. If you're asleep, you won't need these things til morning and I might risk waking you. Still, I can leave it just inside. Softly opening teh door, I look in, seeing the lights still on. "Lilah?" I drop the bag as I see you there, on the concrete floor, unconscious, hand still between your firm thighs and the floor wet underneath you. Dropping the bag, "Lilah!"

I hear that sultry, tempting voice flit over me again and smile softly as I consider drifting back into sleep holding onto that voice like a security blanket, but the more desperate echo of it jolted me awake.

My eyelids fluttered as I woke and sat up slowly, looking around. I settled a hand onto the floor to steady myself and felt the puddle beneath me. It was then that my eyes locked with Dr. Marks'.

"I-I'm sorry!" I stuttered as the memory clicked and I realized what he'd walked into. "I-I'd meant to clean up before you got back! I just... I don't know. I passed out. I'll get right on it."

My flustered state, combined with his close presence was already undoing all my "hard work" and I cursed as I shoved past him into the lab, forgetting I was still naked. I looked around desperately for anything that looked like a utilities closet. I fumbled around, tripping over my tail, my ears twitching with alertness as I made a fool of myself.

"What...?" Watching you as you get up, the fluid only below the lower half of your body, mattting your leg fur and buttocks as you move past me. "What's wrong, Lilah? Is it a reaction to the treatment? Is it another side effect?" I follow you as you move toward the bathroom, dropping the gym bag. "Tell me, I can help you." Reaching out, I touch your shoulder. "I mean, I got your stuff for you," pointing rather lamely. Trying to figure out what the hell's going on here. This is a bit beyond my experiential calculations.

"What's wrong, Lilah?"

I blushed harder and his touch threw off my resolve and I turned about face, staring deliberately into his eyes, my own smoldering as I tried to control myself. Apparently an orgasm alone was not what the feline wanted. Well I wasn't about to jump a stranger just to please some animalistic urges. It was still my body.

I heard a scoff in the back of my head. "I do it all the time," some seductive feminine voice purred. "It's nature, honey."

I shook my head and growled softly. "It isn't for humans," I thought.

Looking back to him I tried to manage a smile but sighed heavily when I felt it falter. "It was nothing. Just another... episode. I was just trying to take care of it."

"Oh. I see." My eyes swept up and down her nude, curvy body. She was still very sexy for a woman, and more exotic. I wasn't sure how to help these urges she was getting. "Would you like to be sedated again? Would that help?" I watched her, thinking that wasn't really a viable solution.

I couldn't really find her someone in her same boat, now could I? And I didn't even know if she had a boyfriend, but I doubted that if she did I could just call him over to comfort her. That wouldn't go well at all, I suspected. So I stood there, staring at her nude body, wanting her to tell me what she needed, because I couldn't think of a damned thing.

I grit my teeth, trying to think of a solution. I wished more than ever I had gone out more, maybe met a few different people who could help me out here, but then I looked down and saw the fur and my twitching tail and realized that even that was not a viable solution. When he mentioned sedating me again I almost cried.

"No, please," I begged. "I just need to get cleaned up... again.... and I'll think of something from there, I think...."

I ducked into the bathroom and turned on the shower as I sat on the toilet and resisted the urge to touch myself again so soon. I wished more than anything I had some kind of toy or something. Even that I knew wasn't going to be enough. I didn't realize I was already touching myself as I tried to think of solutions. I moaned loudly as the jolts of pleasure shot from where my fingers brushed against the throbbing nub.

This was not going to work.

Watching as you go into the bathroom essentially slamming the door behind you. Standing there, helpless, I heard the water come on. Undecided, I had just about opted to return to the computer when I heard something else in there. What? Moaning?

"Lilah, are you ok in there? Are you having some sort of attack? What's going on?" I hesitate, then grasp the door handle. She's not locked it. Taking a breath, I open the door, ready to help. Stepping in I see you, sitting there on the toilet, one hand between your orange thighs, rubbing furiously. "Oh." Eyes moving over you, your nipples hard on those big breasts, your eyes wide and mouth open. I can feel myself reacting to the scene in front of me. "I'm sorry, Lilah...I....."

I froze at the sound of the door opening. Hearing his voice, my eyes popped open and I looked up at him slowly, my hand suddenly burning between my legs. I realized how desperate I looked. I stared at him, imploringly.

"Please don't put me under. I will figure out how to deal with this.... Just please, don't do that again."

The need to be in control was growing stronger as I watched him in the doorway. I slowly pulled out my hand and rinsed it under the cold water. "I just can't control it," I whispered. "I don't know how to control it." I rested my head in my hands, trying desperately not to cry as I felt the cramps coming back.

I stood at looked at her. Lilah seemed so desperate. The feelings must be so overwhelming. I held out my hands. "Don't worry, I won't sedate you. That wasn't a solution, at all. Obviously."

Moving closer, I stood over her. "I know. I did research while you were out. You seem to have picked up some additional characteristics, besides the strength and health and... "gesturing at her "coloration. I don't know of anything that can help you but to...indulge in what you need." Looking down at her, i saw the woman that I'd altered. I saw the desperation and need in those alien eyes. That sort of thing couldn't be hidden.

"And I don't know anyone to call to help you...in that way, so I'll...well, I'll do what I can to help you. Tell me what you need, Lilah. Tell me how I can best help you." I reached down, hand on her soft, yet firm shoulder, stroking lightly.

I look into his eyes, my own filling with tears. I didn't want to ask this of an almost complete stranger. At the same time, I really didn't have any other choice. I bit my lower lip and nodded slowly, rising to my feet.

I wasn't sure how to go about it since I'd avoided dating like everything else since the accident. I was unpracticed and was worried about messing everything up. Plus, what would he think of me after the fact? Could we still work together on this? Or would this throw a wrench in the whole project?

I took a deep breath and tried not to cry. This was almost harder than trying to take care of it myself.

As Lilah stood, I reached out, hands to her biceps, holding her gently, looking into her eyes. "I got you into this, I'll do whatever will help you through it. Just tell me." Uncertain, I looked at her closer. "Or show me if you can't tell me. Just not here." I looked around the bathroom.

Holding her arms, I gently led her out of the bathroom, into the lab itself. "What can I do to help you through this, Lilah?"

I sighed again, wondering at the fact that I was not yet light headed from all the oxygen I was trying to get into my muddled brain. I hopped up on his exam table and let my legs dangle as I tried to think of a way to make this work. I was too shy. That was my biggest problem. How could I ask for this kind of help from him? I looked him in the eye finally.

"She wants you," I said quietly, looking away again. "The feline. She senses a male and she says she wants you."

I was confused at how I referred to any part of myself in the third person, but at the same time, I reminded myself, she wasn't really part of me.

Nodding. "But you're not letting her have control, are you Lilah? What does the woman want? She's the one in pain. Do you...need me?" I moved closer, focusing on Lilah's human traits, her desperation, her breasts, the shape of her face that hadn't changed. "I'll do what you want, so long as you want it, not some urge inside you."

I gently stroked her arms, feeling the soft, velvety fur covering her skin. My eyes flicked to her large breasts, seeing the areola drawn tight and the pink nipples hard. "I'll do what I can to help you," I repeated.

Last edited:
I bit my lip, surprised at how human it still felt. I looked at my hands, still mostly human, save for the claws. I looked back at this man, this wonderful man who, despite destroying my life, had done so much to try and make it better. Without even knowing me, he had poured everything he had into helping me. Now he was doing it again. So selfless. I couldn't help the warm, tender feeling that I was beginning to feel for him.

I touched his cheek tenderly and leaned in, kissing his lips ever so softly, still hesitant, but knowing he meant well. I just had to know how well. I tried to control the rest of my body, letting this one act determine how I would proceed.

Taking a deep breath, I leaned into her as she leaned into me. As she kissed me, I opened my mouth to her, tongue exploring her mouth as my hand moved behind her head, tangling in her silky red hair, my other hand sliding to her hip, feeling the downy fur there and the firm flesh beneath. I kissed her hard in return, tongue tasting her own and her teeth, mostly the same, but feeling slightly elongated canines. Pulling Lilah against me, her tight, repaired body warm against my clothing, her ample breasts pressing against my chest. I could feel my own body responding to her, penis growing hard down the leg of my trousers. My hand slid around her hip, to her back, and down. Fingertips brushed the base of her tail, and shied away, coming to rest on one muscular buttock. "Whatever you need, Lilah."

Back