"Consorting With The Rabble" (closed; take two with a new writer)

RobbieRand

Really Experienced
"Consorting With The Rabble"

(closed to current writers)
Note: I previously started this story with another writer. I returned to Literotica to find that that writer is no longer online. A new writer, PennySaver, was going to take over in the existing thread, but the changes to Literotica have prevented us from using that thread.

So, here we are. I am reposting my original posts, and PennySaver is going repost the posts put up by the original female writer. (Penny had decided that the previous posts will stand as is, without editing.) This transfer of posts might take us several hours or a couple of days, depending upon which of us is online at what time. (Some of our posts will be affected by the new 10,000-character/post limit, so sometimes you will see more than one post from either of us in a row initially. Once we get going, posts will typically be far shorter than 10,000 characters.)

We hope you enjoy the story. If you do, please let us know with either "Likes" or PMs. Obviously, you shouldn't post your thanks here in the thread like you would in non-story threads.

Corwall, UK
1785:

Robert Wilkins slipped into a long, heavy coat that would protect him from the cold wind and headed out the front of Kerris House, his family's manor. These days, of course, opening and closing the front door was a two-handed operation. The door, as with the majority of the century old home, was one good storm away from collapsing.

Until just four months ago, Robert had been away to America for five years. He hadn't wanted to partake of the British response to the rebellion; it had been then and still was today his opinion that England should stop throwing good money away by trying to retain their control over the Colonies. But he'd run afoul of the Crown partaking of an excise-avoiding smuggling operation and had found himself faced with a choice: take a commission as a Captain and go fight the rebels or be hanged by the neck 'til dead. He chose the former, of course.

He'd fought valiantly for a bit more than two years before his life began its downward spiral. It began with a letter informing him of his fiancée's death back in Corwall. He fell into melancholy and, for several months to come, was more often than not to be found drunk in a brothel as opposed to out in the field leading the troops under his command. He was jailed and dried out and returned to duty, just in time for his unit to be ambushed and nearly wiped out by Rebels. Seriously injured, Robert would spend the next year in a prison camp before being gaining his freedom via a prisoner swap.

Robert was put on a boat for England as part of his release, yet upon reaching Bristol he did not head south for Cornwall but instead headed east for London. He just couldn't bear to return home knowing that all that remained there for him was suffering under his overbearing father and his Old World ways.

Little did he know that while he'd been in America, presumed dead by his family and friends, Robert's father had drank himself to death as financial ruin and depression closed in upon him. Kerris House had begun its slow slide into the ruin upon which it found itself today: without pay, the tenant farmers slipped away to other positions on other estates; without equipment, investment, and direction, the copper mines closed, sending their workers off in new directions as well; the house staff dwindled until all that remained were a pair of loafers who tended only to their own needs and not those of the manor.

After running into an old friend and learning of his father's death, Robert had finally come home. He'd very nearly turned around and returned to London, to drink himself to death as seemed the family tradition. But something made him stay. He'd spent the last four months attempting to bring the estate into some sort of control: he'd ejected the loafers from the 2 square mile acre, teardrop shaped island and repaired the outbuildings enough to hold the now mostly feral livestock that had had free rein of the island for years.

But Robert was doing nothing more than living from day to day. Without help, he could never return Kerris House to its former glory, and without money he couldn't hire help. Little did he know that today, an offer than he could not likely refuse was about to be presented to him.

(continued in next post)

From his bedroom, Robert had spied a boat approaching from the mainland, which lay just 3 miles to the east beyond the Kerris Strait, named for his great-great grandfather who has first settled Kerris Island. Curious as to whom might be paying him a visit and needing to get out of the house anyway, Robert dressed against the cold and began the half mile long walk down the slope to where once upon a time an impressive dock had existed. Sheep, wool, pilchard, and ore had once been shipped from here to markets in Plymouth, while the necessities of life not provided by the island were brought back in those same small sailing vessels.

The boat's occupants secured the sail and extended the oars before reaching the breaking surf, then rowed fast and strong to cause the craft to beach high on the sand on an incoming wave. Quickly, four men leaped out into the retreating surf, and on the next wave they urged the boat further up the shore. The island was currently experiencing an ebb tide, which meant that it was unlikely that the craft would reenter the sea without help from its handlers.

Robert watched as the remainder of the craft's occupants either leaped out or were helped out. Once the boat was empty, he found himself being approached by what could only be called a rabble: they were obviously of the lower class with their old, worn, and sometimes tattered clothing; they sported nothing of value on their bodies; and even their body language spoke of a lack of breeding.

The eldest of the men led the way, smiling to Robert as if he was coming to great an old friend. Behind him were three men who'd exited the boat last, a trio of women which included a stunning, young beauty who was the only one of the mass to be dressed in anything close to new and clean, and the four boat handlers. With the exception of the incredible redheaded woman, they all had the look of tenant farm labor in them.

As he scoured the faces of the others, Robert suddenly realized that he recognized one of the men behind the older leader. It took a moment to place him as once having been a farm hand under his father's instruction. A moment later, Robert recognized yet a second man as once having been a supervisor in the now defunct mine. Robert searched the other faces for familiarity but saw nothing in them. He studied the young beauty again, which was difficult as she held her head down for the most part, only occasionally glancing up Robert's direction as she was aided across the wet, then dry sand toward him. He came to doubt that he knew her, though, admiring her shape of body and perfection of face, he certainly had a desire to know her well if not very well.

"G'day, m'lord, Master Wilkins," the older man said when he was near enough to stop and bow his head with an attempt at formality. "My name is George Reed." He half stepped to his right and half turned to gesture a sweeping hand toward the others. "These are my kin and my friends." He gestured specifically to the young woman, who came forward a couple of steps, her gaze still on the sand though her head had raised enough for Robert to see that she was indeed as beautiful as she'd seemed from farther away. George continued, "And this is my great-niece, Catherine."

The woman performed her best curtsey in the dry sand, peeked up at Robert for only a moment, then looked to the sand once more. Robert responded, "Welcome to Kerris Island, Mister Reed, to you and yours..." Looking to the young woman, Robert specifically picked her out with, "...Miss Catherine." Looking back to the patriarch of the group, Robert asked, "What is it that brings you to my estate, Mister Reed."

"A business proposition, m'lord, one that will benefit all of us assembled here today," George stated with a confidence and forwardness Robert didn't often see from the lower class in such a situation as this. When Robert asked what kind of proposition he was offering, George explained, "You need men and women to work your estate, to bring her back to life and prosperity. We need work."

"I cannot pay you," Robert said without shame. He'd gotten past that stage of his life when the last of his bottles of Port ran out a couple of weeks ago.

"We do not require pay, m'lord," George said. He saw the expression of combined doubt and surprise on Robert's face and smiled. "We require lodging and a fair share of future profits."

Robert couldn't help but laugh at just the concept of Kerris Manor every again providing profits, to him or to anyone else. But George continued, "We do not come to you as beggars, m'lord." He gestured to certain individuals as he continued. "My kin and friends include miners, fishermen, shepherds, swineherds, farmers, and more. And the ladies can cook, clean, and more. They are as hard working as the men and can tend to m'lord's needs."

Robert raised an eyebrow at the way George had put that last bit about the women. Had he meant it the way in which Robert was thinking about Catherine? Robert doubted it. Then, peeking beyond the beautiful redhead, Robert caught the wide smile on the other young woman amongst the group. She was perhaps the same age as Catherine or perhaps even younger, and while she didn't have the better dressed woman's startling beauty, she was most definitely cute and well shaped for a romp between the sheets. And now, following George's comment about tending to m'lord's needs, the young thing was giving Robert a generous and suggestive smile.

Forcing himself to pull his eyes from the other woman's flirtations, Robert looked to Catherine's face and body once more, then looked to her great uncle and said, "What you seem to be offering is far more than what I can ask you to give, simply for room and board and a share of profits that may never appear, Mister Reed."

George peeked to Catherine for an instance, then stepped up close to Robert. Clearing his throat, talking in just barely more than a whisper, the man explained, "I was thinking, m'lord, that perhaps -- if you thought you might have an interest, I mean, m'lord -- that perhaps you might consider taking an interest in my great-niece." George looked back to Catherine again, then turned to Robert again to clarify, "She is a maiden, m'lord, and of age, and if'n you were to marry her and have a child by her..."

George stopped there to let Robert consider and understand at just what he was getting. Robert did understand, of course. In just as low a voice, he responded, "If I was to marry your great-niece and have a child by her, your position and that of your kin would be secured and part of Kerris Manor."

George bowed his head slightly in confirmation. "And you, m'lord, would be guaranteed of a hard working labor force as--" He chuckled a bit, glancing over his people before looking back to Robert to continue, "--as we have no where else to go and would see our future as being one with yours, here on the island."

Robert smiled and shook his head lightly as the preposterous proposition. He was a landed gentleman and was expected to marry within his rank. Catherine and her ilk were most definitely not of that social stratus. But then, Robert had little to offer a woman who would be considered suitable for him. Short of turning over full control of his estate to the father of a suitable woman of class, Robert had no other options. He would become a gentleman in name only, living off a meager allowance from his new wife's father, while that father did what he wanted when he wanted with Robert's former estate and all of its resources.

In the long run, Robert and his family name would cease to exist.

He looked over the rabble once again, catching another flirtatious smile from the young brunette and catching just the quickest of peeks from Catherine, his intended. Robert looked to George and said politely, "Why don't you and yours come up to the manor, and we can discuss this further, out of the wind and chill." He got a nod and thank you from George and turned to lead them up the beach to the cliff walk. "I must apologize in advance that I have little to offer you in the way of dinner or drink--"

Before he could finish, though, George cut him off. "That won't be a problem, m'lord. We brought a feast with us."

Robert looked back -- to the boat specifically -- and found most of George's kin and friends hurriedly unloading the boat of all forms of packages. Robert saw loaves of bread, vegetables, fruits, a pair of lives chickens in a hand-made basket, and more. He looked to George, smiled, and laughed. "Confident man, Mister Reed."

George nodded his most respectable bow yet, and responded, "You have a need, m'lord, as do I and mine."

During the boat's rocking and rolling transit from the mainland to Kerris Island, Catherine had had to lean over the side to empty her stomach ... twice! It wasn't due to sea sickness, though. It was nervousness from what was about to happen once they reached their destination.

She was going to be given away to Lord Wilkins as bride, bedmate, and birther of his future children, in exchange for the employment of her friends and family upon the noble man's estate. It sounded absolutely outrageous to her. First, she was a peasant girl while Lord Wilkins was a … well, a Lord! Second, she'd never met the man, even as a servant upon his lands or in his home.

Catherine had told her Uncle George that this was nothing more than folly. "He won't take your offer. He won't. He won't want me for a wife. He might not even want me for his bed mate."

But Uncle George had told Catherine not to worry about that last option. "I'm not trading away your purity and reputation as a good girl away for a job that might go away as soon as Robert Wilkins tires of finding his joy within you."

Catherine had found it ironic that her Uncle was willing to give her over to Lord Robert so long as there was a wedding band and a child involved. But then, what were women for other than that?

Arriving at the shore, she caught her first sight of the man ... and suddenly, she felt some relief. No one had been able to give her a certain description of Lord Robert. Those who had tried had only contradicted the others. He'd been described as 25 to 35, not quite ugly to very handsome, physically appealing to likely suffering from his years and depression.

What Catherine saw from the boat as it slid up onto the beach, though, was a man she wouldn't at all mind having lay with her in bed and put a child within her womb. He was tall, dark, and handsome and (even in the short moment that he'd been in her sight) appeared to carry himself with grace and confidence.

After two men helped her out of the boat and to the shore without contacting the waves, Catherine moved up to stand a few feet behind her Uncle. She found it hard to look Robert in the eye, knowing what her future was to be if he found her as appealing as she did him and was as crazy as her own Uncle was. She kept her head down for the most part, peeking up repeatedly for only instances.

She listened to George and Robert chat, then tried to pick up their whispered conversation. She couldn't on the last, though, she knew what her Uncle was telling the Lord.

"Why don't you and yours come up to the manor, and we can discuss this further, out of the wind and chill."

Catherine looked up to see Uncle George peek back to her … and wink knowingly.

"I must apologize in advance that I have little to offer you in the way of dinner or drink--"

Uncle George cut him off, gesturing to those behind him to unload the boat. Catherine looked back to the boat as if willing to help. But her Uncle made a sound with his lips that caught her attention, then waved for her to join him.

"Confident man, Mister Reed," she heard Robert say.

George nodded and responded, "You have a need, m'lord, as do I and mine."

After Robert turned away again, Catherine's uncle took her by the hand and hurried her forward. He called out to Lord Robert, "Please forgive me, m'lord."

When Robert looked back, Uncle George held Catherine's hand out in offering, asking, "Could I be leave of you to help my Niece up the beach, m'lord. I should like to help my kin with the boat, if you please."

Catherine felt her face explode in a fiery blush as she realized she was about to be handed off quite literally to the man her Uncle wanted her to soon be bedding. She forced a nervous smile, curtseyed, and managed to squeak out a simple, "M'lord."

Robert turned back at George's request that he help the man's great niece up the path. He watched the young beauty do her best curtsey, then after a moment's hesitation, offered out his elbow with a smile. She came to him and took the offered, crooked arm, and Robert began them up the rise. They proceeded in silence for quite a while, with Robert glancing and smiling cordially several times. She blushed, her fair complexion only revealing it more greatly. Robert found it adorable.

"How old are you, Miss Catherine?" Robert asked with a polite tone when they reached the top of the beach trail and were on more level ground. "And have you lived under your great uncle's care for long?"

Robert listened to what she had to say as they continued onward. He glanced over his shoulder to see how the others were doing, only to find that the others were only just ascending the trail with their cargo. They chatted a bit about the dinner she and the others had brought with them, then about some of the other men and women. He was surprised to learn the vast variety of skills and experiences between them.

"If your great uncle and I can come to an agreement regarding labor and the compensation for it," Robert said, "I feel as though Kerris Manor just may escape falling into the sea with the next great blow."

They spoke some more on the topic, and then at a lull in the conversation, Robert broached the sensitive topic he was sure was filling Catherine's mind, as it was his own. "Your great uncle has indicated that perhaps you might be amenable to being courted, should you meet an appropriate gentleman."

How old are you, Miss Catherine?"

For reasons that baffled her, Catherine blushed at the question. Perhaps it was because it was so personal a question. She knew that men like their women young and pure. Was he wondering whether or not she was too old to be thought still a virgin?

"I will turn 20 next month, m'lord," she told him. When he asked if she'd lived under her Uncle's care long, she told him, "Most of my life, m'lord. My parents died when I was young."

When he asked about the others, Catherine very eagerly and excitedly named each of the people following. She told him of their skills, talked about how valuable they would be as laborers, and assured him that he couldn't find a more suitable crew of people to serve him and his estate.

Then he caused Catherine to blush again, telling her, "Your great uncle has indicated that perhaps you might be amenable to being courted, should you meet an appropriate gentleman."

Catherine had absolutely no idea of how to respond to Robert's statement. She remained silent for several paces, then only said, "If I were to meet the appropriate gentleman, m'lord."

She looked back behind her, wishing the others would catch up quickly and help her escape this awkward situation. But the nearest of the kin and friends was only just now reaching the top of the trail, still some 100 yards or more behind them. She looked up to the taller Robert, smiled, then looked to the ground again, feeling yet another blush filling her cheeks.

"You have never married, m'lord," she finally said. It was a statement, not a question, as her Uncle had told Catherine that Robert remained a never married man. "How is it that you have not found an appropriate lady of your own?"

Robert began to speak, but he barely got a word out before Catherine interrupted with a question that had been filling her thinking since her Uncle first conceived of this mad adventure. "Shouldn't a gentleman such as yourself be looking to court a woman of his own class, m'lord?"

"I will turn 20 next month, m'lord," Catherine answered regarding her age.

If he were to be asked, Robert would have to admit that he was indeed thinking what Catherine was fearing, that such a beauty from the underclass who had reached such an age couldn't possibly still be a virgin. Oh, it wasn't as if Robert believed all peasant women to be sluts or anything like that. He could name at least three young maidens from the upper classes who had been ruined when it had been learned they had succumbed to the temptations of a man who had not honored their purity. No, Robert's concern about Catherine's class had more to do with his belief that poverty had its way of inducing both males and females to do things they wouldn't normally do in an effort to improve their lives, be it robbery on the highway for the former or letting a man lay between their thighs for the latter.

She went on, regarding her living situation. "Most of my life, m'lord. My parents died when I was young."

"I am sorry to hear that, Miss Catherine," Robert said with a sincere tone. "I, too, lost my mother at a young age, though, likely not as young as had you. My father was lost only recently, as you are certainly aware."

They spoke about the others behind them, and Robert became increasing thrilled at the offer George was presenting. If what Catherine had to say was indeed true, and if a deal could be struck with her great uncle, Robert believed that Kerris Manor and the estate as a whole could very well be on the way to being saved.

Robert had to smile at her response to his inquiry into her courting status. Regarding her meeting the right man, he teased, "Then I will have to keep my eyes out for an appropriate gentleman."

"You have never married, m'lord," she said, turning the attention to Robert's own status. Robert felt his stomach roll at the words. He looked away from Catherine to hide the pain in his face at the memory of his lost love. Catherine continued, "How is it that you have not found an appropriate lady of your own?" A moment of silence passed between them as Robert contemplated an answer. He was about to speak truthfully, but was incidentally cut off when Catherine asked, "Shouldn't a gentleman such as yourself be looking to court a woman of his own class, m'lord?"

To this, Robert showed no hesitation; he laughed. "I have no class, my dear." He contemplated how to explain what he felt about the upper classes. "The gentry has its purposes, Miss Catherine. And the gentry has its worth, and by worth, I do not mean the stacks of coin in their treasuries or the valuable property and resources upon said property, which they exploit to their fullest as you very well know via the back breaking labor of their poorly compensated tenants and laborers."

He took a moment to pat the dirty, hairy, but sweet dog that had caught sight of his and Catherine's approach and had come running their way, only now meeting them on the path. Continuing on about the class from which he'd come, Robert continued, "But it also has its failings and faults, many of which I assume you are already aware. Those failings and faults are a part of what sometimes makes me ashamed to be a member of that class."

After a few steps more, Robert realized that he had avoided, whether intentionally or not, the question Catherine had asked. "As far as courting an appropriate female from my class." He hesitated, then looked down to Catherine, waited for her to make eye contact with him, and said with a somewhat suggestive tone, "Perhaps it might be better for me, better for my future, for my estate's future, if I were to look outside that dreaded gentry."

Robert studied Catherine's reaction, then looked to the house before them...

latest

"The great Kerris Manor," Robert announced with feigned pride. "It may not look like much, but that's only because it isn't much. But it keeps the rain off my head, when it isn't raining that is."

(Continued in next post. Originally more than 10,000 characters.)

He opened the rickety old gate, fighting against a wayward root that had grown into the trail. Passing through, they entered the packed dirt yard in which half a dozen chickens and a pair of goats run freely. "My vast array of stock animals." One of the goat kids threatened to butt him in the backside, then bounded off playfully, followed by the other. "I would have eaten them all by now if I could only catch them."

As he led Catherine toward the home's entrance, Robert spoke of how he'd done some repairs on the home but was yet to get to the outbuildings. In truth, he'd had 4 months to make repairs, and even on his own Robert should have accomplished a great deal more than he had. Ironically, he'd completed a great deal more since he'd run out of booze.

Robert led Catherine inside and led her about for a short tour. The manor wasn't much when compared to the main houses of other estates on the mainland. Robert's male ancestors had consistently been second or third sons, so none had ever fared well when it came to inheriting their respective father's properties and homes. Kerris house was a tenth the size of his closest relative's home just across the strait and partially visible from the island on a clear day. But it was what Robert had and it was all he would ever have, so, it was good enough for him.

The first floor included the various rooms one would expect to see, including the greeting room, Robert's library, a guest room, two servant's quarters, and all the rooms required for cooking, dining, and other domestic tasks. Robert only briefly described the second floor as having the master bedroom, a second bedroom, and the nursery.

By now, the first of George's kin and friends were arriving. George tasked the three women and two of the men to preparing the kitchen for a meal and then the meal for eating. Robert wondered which would take longer, making the kitchen suitable for use or actually using it; in his four months of residency here, he had only used the cast iron stove's surface to fry or boil, and the rest of the kitchen and its resources had essentially gone ignored.

Robert and George hadn't yet finalized a deal, and yet the latter put the other males to work without delay. They chopped and gathered fire wood; they ran down the feral animals and put them inside the appropriate pens, which they also repaired as needed; they pulled weeds and cut ivy that had ventured into the home and, in some cases, prevented windows or doors from closing properly; and with an also quickly repaired ladder, they continued Robert's earlier roof repairs to fill in the spots that would obviously leak when the next rain arrived.

Robert was most impressed, and by the time the ladies announced that dinner would soon be ready, he was ready himself to strike a bargain. "There are four tenant homes on the property. Your kin can occupy them at your discretion. The house needs a cook, and a maid, and a man as well. There are servant quarters in the house, and a small outbuilding that once was used as a residence."

George explained a bit more about the relationships between his people and how that would affect who lived where. Regarding the older of the three women, who was currently running the operation in the kitchen, George explained, "Gwyneth and Harold are married, and they would like to live as one, though, I know that in most noble homes, married servants are often--"

Robert interrupted him, stating firmly, "I will not separate the married, Mister Reed."

"George, m'lord," the man corrected respectfully, bowing his head slightly. "If that be fine with you."

"George, then," Robert agreed, even giving his own bit of a head bow and a smile. "Gwyneth, yes...? She and her husband may live as one, but I would prefer that not be under my roof. Would they be happy in the outbuilding once it has been repaired and made livable?"

"They'll be happy in it before it is repaired, and made livable, m'lord," George said, chuckling. As they spoke more about living situations, George surprised Robert by speaking of others who those present would like to see come live here. "There are children, m'lord. And other spouses and loved ones."

"How many?" Robert inquired with obvious concern. "I already fear that I may not be able to feed all of you." He nodded toward the kitchen and continued, "That dinner, two goats, and a handful of chickens will not keep us all alive long."

George only laughed, reassuring Robert, "We will feed ourselves well should you give us freedom to fish your waters and work your land, m'lord."

They talked more about the possibilities and about the other people involved. But the one name that was avoided, whether intentionally or not, was that of the woman both men presumed would soon be sharing Robert's bed. When a lull in the conversation had come upon them, Robert asked with a hesitant tone, "And what of your great niece, Catherine? Where shall she lay her head down at night, Mister Reed?"

"She is meant to serve you, m'lord, as your housekeeper and an assistant in the kitchen," George began, hesitating before adding pointedly, "Until another relationship between her and m'lord comes to be. Perhaps one of the servant's quarters." He finished with a slightly suggestive tone, "Such that she will be close at hand when you need her, m'lord."

Robert scrutinized George's explanation for a long moment. George was very clearly presenting an opportunity for Robert to easily come to Catherine's room at night or invite her to his room instead and yet at the same time not openly suggesting anything of the sort.

Dinner was announced before Robert could attempt to get more clarity, not that he'd decided he wanted it. He and George made their way to the dining room, and the former was surprised to find it as he hadn't seen it since before his mother had died: a fine table cloth had been found and spread over the table that sat 8; the fine dinnerware and silverware had been neatly arranged in proper settings, the candlesticks were burning in the table's middle, and the entirety of the room had been cleaned and tidied up.

"I am very impressed," was all Robert could muster in response to what had been done while he and the rabble's master had been in the other room discussing the future. He ordered the pouring of a bottle of wine George had had brought to the island and raised his glass, as did the others. "To Kerris Manor. To the people who miraculously prepared this wonderful meal within her. And to those same people, who I welcome to her for as long as they shall wish to remain."

There were cheerful responses from all about the table, and Robert clinked his glass against those to George at his left and Gwyneth, who Robert had insisted sit to his right. Robert then looked to the far end of the table, where George had sat Catherine. He smiled to her, raised his glass a bit more, then added, "And to you, Miss Catherine. Shall you wish to remain here as well, for as long as you shall wish."

………………

OOC: Link to the house: https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...raHouse.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20161110145724

Robert laughed at Catherine's question about why he hadn't married a lady and was, instead, entertaining her uncle's crazy notions, saying, "I have no class, my dear."

She listened with interest and surprise to the noble man's description of the gentry. She'd had no idea that he felt this way about his own people or that any noble could.

Then he surprised her, saying, "Perhaps it might be better for my future, for my estate's future, if I were to look outside that dreaded gentry."

Once again, Catherine's face exploded in a blush. She turned away in an attempt to hide it.

They came around an outbuilding and within view of what Robert called, "The great Kerris Manor."

He spoke jokingly of its flaws, then escorted Catherine inside for a tour. She was a bit hesitant being inside his home without a proper chaperone. Her Uncle had always been very strict with her over the years about being alone with men who might use the opportunity to deflower her.

Catherine partook of the tour, showing appropriate interest. But her attention remained mostly on Robert. Her first impression of him only got better; he was handsome, gentle, and polite.

"It is a lovely home that only needs care," Catherine told him. She peeked up the narrow staircase, asking, "And what is up there?"

She was playing with fire, of course, knowing that his bedroom would be up there. What if he invited up to see it, even if innocently.

In the end, Robert only answered that the second floor consisted of bedrooms and a nursery. The mention of the latter, though, made Catherine look away with yet another infuriating blush. She imagined herself sitting in a rocking chair cuddling Robert's baby, the one he'd put inside her, presumably though not necessarily after making her his wife.

The others began arriving, their arms full of goods, and set about preparing the meal, with Catherine assisting in the kitchen. She peeked out at Robert occasionally and thought that maybe he'd looked for her as well.

At one point, Catharine overheard Robert asking her uncle, "And what of your niece, Catherine? Where shall she lay her head down at night, Mister Reed?"

She froze in place, realizing that they were talking about her sleeping arrangements which, she assumed, were to include her sleeping here in the Manor.

"She is meant to serve you, m'lord, as your housekeeper and an assistant in the kitchen," her uncle said, adding, "Until another relationship between her and m'lord comes to be."

Until I become your lover and begin sleeping each night in your bed, Catherine translated her uncle's words. Will that be with the blessing of God or not? she wondered.

"Perhaps one of the servant's quarters," her uncle continued. "Such that she will be close at hand when you need her, m'lord."

Catherine felt a chill rush up her spine. She imagined herself disrobing one evening from her scullery clothes and donning a sleeping gown, only to have Lord Robert -- her master, yet not her husband -- slip into her room, lift said robe to beyond her waist, and put his manhood inside her … finding his joy … filling her with his seed.

She returned to her work, and soon they were all sitting down to eat. Robert expressed his delight at what he was seeing, then gave a toast.

Catherine looked to Robert often during the meal, diverting her eyes when he himself looked back to her. She wondered how long it would take to get past her shyness toward him. Then she wondered whether that day would come before or after he'd parted her thighs and claimed her virginity.

Last edited:
The dinner proceeded well, reminding Robert of those his mother had hosted so many years ago. While most of the dinners to which he'd been a guest had been held at the mainland homes of his relatives and other gentry, three or four times a year Robert's mother had hosted relatives, friends, and other mostly gentry here at Kerris. His father would hire one or more boats to ferry the guests across the narrow strait separating Kerris Island from the mainland; some guests would spend the night, particularly is the seas were not friendly come departure time. After his mother's death, such gatherings had ceased in their entirety.

After the meal was finished and the pies and cakes consumed, the men retired to the gathering room while the women tended to the cleanup. The men talked in greater detail about what needs the estate had, from the mine to the farm to the fishery and more. New ideas for new money flows were considered, though, most of them were tossed away just as easily had been the food waste from the dinner.

The conversation began with great speculation as to the arrangement between Lord and Labor, but two hours later the deal was struck. Those here now, as well as another two dozen men, women, and their children who were on the mainland hoping for good news, would begin the resurrection of Kerris Manor three days hence.

"We should make our way back home, m'lord," George told Robert when it was clear that there was no more need for discussion or negotiation. "The tide is right but won't be for long."

"Some of your people may remain the night, if they wish," Robert offered. He gestured to the flames raging in the fireplace, continuing, "I have little bedding to offer, but warmth is plentiful, and I believe the leftovers from what your Gwyneth made could feed an army for at least a day or two."

Some of the men who had no need to return took up the offer. They surprised Robert by reporting that the group as a whole had stuffed the boat with bedding, just in case. George told Robert, "They've plenty to make themselves comfortable, m'lord."

I twas agreed that the initial work would begin the next morning. The women joined the men for the final vestiges of conversation, and remainder of George's people began making their farewells. Robert met the gaze of the beautiful redhead and smiled. He had yearned for Catherine almost from the moment he'd seen her in the boat beaching upon the sand, and now hours later he yearned for her so much that he was ready to announce an engagement and immediately take her upstairs to his bed.

Instead, he only told the trio of women as he kissed the back of each of their hands, "I await your return to Kerris with eagerness. This house, and its owner, have not so thoroughly enjoyed such incredible and beautiful company in years."

The rabble, which Robert was coming to realize were wonderful people, began exiting the house into the late evening of orange and red skies. They would all go down to the boat, with those who were to remain the evening gathering up their additional supplies. Robert had gone with them to the edge of the cliff, where he caught Catherine's attention and urge her back to him.

"It was an extreme pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Catherine," he told her, taking her hand in his. He leaned forward to kiss it softly, then stood tall and -- reluctantly -- released control of it back to her. "I beg you to come back soon ... very soon." He laughed, adding quickly, "In fact, I beg you not to leave at all. You ... you could take my room upstairs ... and ... and I'll sleep on the floor before the fire with your male kin."

Robert glanced past Catherine and realized that his words to her had been inadvertently shared with some of the others. In the darkening night, with the moon almost directly beyond those looking back toward him and Catherine, it was difficult to tell whether or not he was receiving smiles or glares.

"Of course, you must go, Miss Catherine," Robert said, his volume loud enough for anyone eavesdropping. He nodded his head again, finishing, "Farewell ... for now ... until we meet again." He was nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, as his grandmama would have said. "Good evening, Miss Catherine."

He watched as the extended family descended the stairs to the sands of the little bay, then watched as the boat set off with most of them and the balance returned with hands full of their possessions.

Catherine's time in the kitchen following dinner had been spent mostly near the door to the living room. The decrepit barrier failed to close more often than not. This gave her the opportunity to peek out at the man who soon might very well be her husband.

She listened intently to the conversation regarding the future of the estate. She didn't know much about business and finance. But she had a good knowledge of hard work and sacrifice. The plans the men were considering would take both.

Catherine eventually heard her uncle say, "We should make our way back home, m'lord. The tide is right but won't be for long."

This disappointed Catherine. And yet, she hadn't been near Robert for the last hour or so anyway. And it wasn't as if they were going to spend more time with one another tonight.

Then she heard Robert say, "Some of your people may remain the night, if they wish."

Catherine's stomach rolled anxiously. Did that mean her? No, no it couldn't. Her uncle had guarded her purity of body and soul far too long. He would never allow her to stay here, under Robert's roof, on the first day they'd met. It just didn't look right.

Her uncle told Robert of the preparations the men had made for possibly sleeping over. The women joined the men, and too soon, they were all on their way out to the cliff's edge. Catherine walked at Robert's side nearly the whole way. And yet, while glancing at each other often, they spoke not a word.

Only when they reached the rickety stairs to the bay did they speak. Robert said to Catherine, "I await your return to Kerris with eagerness."

She felt yet another blush fill her face. Catherine looked to the ground between them. She murmured, "Thank you, m'lord."

He went on, "This house, and its owner, have not so thoroughly enjoyed such incredible and beautiful company in years."

Catherine couldn't help but giggle. Behind her, Gwyneth must have thought the compliment was for her. She called out, "Thank you, m'lord. You're a gracious man."

The others began making their way to and down the ladder. Catherine hesitated a bit, taking only a couple of steps. Then, Robert gestured her to him. She smiled and did as begged. He told her of the pleasure of having met her. He took her hand and kissed it. Other men had kissed Catherine's hand. Other men who had wanted her in the way men want women.

But the intimacy of this moment sent an uncommon shiver up her spine. Her skin erupted in goose flesh.

"I beg you to come back soon ... very soon," he said. He laughed. "In fact, I beg you not to leave at all. You ... you could take my room upstairs ... and ... and I'll sleep on the floor before the fire with your male kin."

Catherine laughed as well. It was an entirely inappropriate suggestion, of course. Even so, she couldn't help but have her own inappropriate thoughts. Maybe she did take the bedroom. And maybe Robert stayed there with her.

Robert's glancing past her told Catherine that others were watching and listening. Suddenly, she felt awkward. Even lewd. She didn't often have fantasies about men. It was a bit uncomfortable, believe it or not.

There final farewells were made, and Catherine's uncle helped her down the stairs to the beach. At the bottom, she looked up to Robert, giving him a polite wave. Gwyneth moved up close to her, taking her hand in a soothing squeeze. She leaned in to whisper. "That man is so eager to put babies inside you that he's stretching out his pants right now."

Catherine laughed in shock at the old woman's lewd remark. Gwyneth only laughed louder. Those leaving boarded the boat, and out into the surf it went. The young redhead's gaze remained on the cliff until finally she had lost view of it.

Back on the beach, four men had remained to begin work on the estate the next day: Liam, Edward, James, and Cleo. In addition, Edward's wife had stayed behind, too. Emily had been the young woman who'd given Robert a flirty smile from the beach earlier in the day. And she'd been the one who, like Catherine, had given Robert longing looks repeatedly through the night. And now, as she reached the top of the stairs, she was the one who smiled invitingly to Robert upon his seeing her through the men.

"M'lord," she said with a sultry tone as she passed him. She glanced back over her shoulder at him as she continued onward. If he was watching her, she would give him a devilish smirk. If he wasn't, she'd save it for their next meeting.

"Tell us where you want us, m'lord," Emily's husband said when he reached Robert. "Sunup tomorrow, we'll get started, but for now, it's time for a nip at the bottle and a rest."

Robert watched the boat push off into the surf, the oars going out and the sail going up; the combinations of propulsion surged it over the breaking waves near the shore and into the calmer waters in the small bay's center. He was disappointed to see Catherine depart so soon after having met her; at the same time, Robert knew that that only meant she would make her return sooner as well.

"M'lord," one of the four men returning to the cliff's top greeted as he neared. Robert recognized him as James, one of Harold and Gwyneth's adult sons. Each of the other three men to remain also greeted him with, "M'lord."

Robert hadn't known specifically how many of the male family members were going to stay behind. What he knew he known -- or thought he had -- was that none of the women had been planning on staying the night. The one who had stayed behind -- Emily -- was going to be trouble. Robert had known that the moment he'd seen her on the beach earlier in the day. She'd flashed him a flirty smile, even as Catherine was being introduced to Robert as a possible love interest.

Emily had continued to shoot Robert smiles throughout the evening, even after she'd very clearly been introduced to him as James's wife. And now she shot him a devilish smirk as she purred, "M'lord."

Robert wasn't sure what her game was. Honestly, he wasn't sure if the game was afoot; possibly, his long-term bachelorhood had made him susceptible to imagining such things as flirting. Either way, Robert couldn't help but give Emily's young behind a longing glance as it passed by him, swinging with a little more sway than was natural or even acceptable.

"Tell us where you want us, m'lord," Jame's directed of Robert as they walked toward the manor. "Sunup tomorrow, we'll get started, but for now, it's time for a nip at the bottle and a rest."

Robert had had to rip his eyes from the backside of James's wife to respond to the man. "Oh! Sleeping arrangements, yes. Well ... I was going to put you all up in the parlor of the main house. But seeing that you brought some bedding and just might be comfortable there, how's about you take a look at the tenant shacks. I honestly haven't been in them since I returned to the island, so ... I can't tell you anything about their livability. For all I know, they are lacking rooves and more."

Even before he'd finished talking, the other men were branching out toward the shacks about which their new Lord was speaking. Robert continued telling James, "If you find them unacceptable, return to the main house, and--"

"We'll be fine, m'lord,"
James told him. He laughed, telling Robert, "Chances are they're more ... what was your word, livable...? They're likely better than our homes back in the village. Trust me."

Robert wasn't sure how to respond to that, but when James began laughing, he joined the man. Robert offered out his hand in friendship. James, however, pulled off his hat, held in both hands before him, and gave his new boss a respectful nod of the head. Indicating his belief of what was appropriate considering their respective stations, he said with a respectful tone, "G'night m'lord. If you need anything from us before morn', please don't hesitate to call out. One of us will be on watch through the night."
"That's not necessary, James,"
Robert immediately responded.

"No, no, m'lord," James countered. "Only proper to keep an eye out for trouble--"
"We're on an island,"
Robert reminded the man. He looked to the left and right, then back to James. "There isn't anyone else on the island. Goats, chickens, and now you and your kin."

But James was backing away toward the shacks, nodding his head respectfully again. "We got this, m'lord. You get a good night's sleep."

James nodded again, donned his cap, and turned toward one of the little cabins. His wife was standing in the doorway of one of them, smiling this direction. But as her husband neared, following around one of the decrepit stone fences, Robert realized that she was smiling to him, not her husband.

Again, Robert thought to himself that the young wife was going to be trouble. And he found himself wondering whether or not that trouble might just be worth what he might have to gain from it. He shook his head, trying to rid it of his lewd thoughts; it didn't work.

He turned away toward his own home, mostly just to pull his eyes from Emily, and headed up the path. Taking one last glance back at the shacks -- half expecting the lot of them to come running, looking for warm and dry shelter -- Robert found only the stillness of the night; only the sound of the distant waves and soft, persistent winds gave life to the darkness.

Robert took a slow tour through the house, looking at -- and in most cases greatly appreciating -- the changes to the place. The women had gone far beyond only preparing the kitchen and dining room for the dinner and later conversations about the future; they'd tidied up every main floor room to some degree, swept all the floors, and mopped the kitchen. The men had also performed some quick, simple repairs to windows and doors that didn't close properly, and filled the wood bins in each of the rooms that had their own fireplace.

Robert headed upstairs to his bedroom, where he found something very unexpected. It, too, had been cleaned and tidied, most likely while he and the men had been talking business in the living room, which wasn't directly overhead of it. The bed was made, the bureau was cleared with its mirror polished brightly, the floor was not only swept but mopped, and the clothing scattered about the floor and other places -- the chair, the changing bench, various hooks -- were gone; he'd learn later that the dirty items had gone to a laundry basket while the rest had either been hung, folded and put away, or moved to a to be ironed basket.

Shaking his head in disbelief, Robert wondered whether this was real or only a dream. He changed out of his clothes for bed; he nearly dropped them on the ground but then -- out of respect for those who had done so much work tonight -- put them away as was appropriate for each item. He donned his sleeping clothes and was about to lay down, when he thought again about the shy, virginal Catherine, his future wife. His cock woke a bit, growing just enough to lure his hand down to massage it through his woolen long johns.

Then, to his great surprise, Robert's lustful mind shifted to Emily, the presumably not at all virginal wife of one of his new tenant laborers. He took a couple of steps over to the window that looked down upon the shacks, finding the little cabin that James and Emily now occupied, whether permanently or temporarily, Robert didn't yet know. There was a lantern still burning at one end of the little house, and Robert could see shadows indicating movement beyond the poor-quality glass.

He imagined Emily removing what remained of her clothing, crawling in between the layers of bedding with her husband, straddling his groin, and putting his hardening cock deep inside her welcoming pussy. Not even realizing that he was doing it, Robert had reached one of his hands down inside his sleeping bottoms. He was hard by now and grasped himself tightly. He dry-jerked just a few inches of his cock with hard and fast strokes until his balls tightened up and sent his seed shooting out in powerful ejaculations.

Robert's free hand supported him against the wall as the euphoria exploded through him, spinning his head and pounding his heart. Weak in the knees, he turned and sat upon one of the trunks that held many of his family's possessions. He sat there for a long time, just enjoying the aftermath of his climax. And he let his mind wander with regards to which of the two women he'd met tonight would be the one with whom he'd want to feel such pleasure in the real.

He eventually pulled his mussed long johns off, donned a clean pair, and slipped into his bed. Tomorrow would be another day, and he wanted to be well rested for it.

Emily enjoyed the obvious attention that her flirtation had drawn from the manor's Lord. She was a married woman. And her husband was right here with her. Yet she'd already decided that Lord Wilkins was welcome between her thighs.

Robert was a nobleman. He was Lord of Kerris House. He owned an entire island! He may not have had piles of gold, as Emily perceived the lives of the nobility. But even so, being with him could be an opportunity to better her life in a way she never could with her husband.

And with any luck, Robert might know how to fuck. Emily loved sex. Loved it more than anything. Unfortunately, James was a Dwsin. That was an Anglicized word from a Welsh phrase, Dwsin ac wedi'i wneud. It meant a dozen and done, which was a description of how long men lasted once their cock found itself inside a warm, wet pussy.

Less than a year of marriage, Emily had begun fucking other men. She'd been very careful catting around. She only did it when she was away from the village in which her husband's family lived. And she only slept with happily married men who couldn't afford to lose their wives. They would never speak of their adultery with others.

Uncle George knew all about it. He'd sensed problems early in James and Emily's marriage. He'd wanted them both to be happy, so he'd help Emily conduct her affairs. He'd initially done this, of course, by putting his own cock inside his niece's young pussy. That had gone on for a while but was now long over.

George and Emily had talked about her proclivities for well-to-do men shortly after he'd decided to match Robert with Catherine. The gist of the discussion had been a warning to Emily: don't fucking mess this up. Emily had reassured her husband's uncle that she'd be a good girl. What she'd meant, of course, was that she wouldn't let Catherine or James know that she was fucking their new Lord Master. Or, in Catherine's case, her new husband, eventually.

Carrying on with Robert was going to be a challenge. They were going to be living on a small island. Emily's home and Robert's were within stones throw distance of one another. And they'd be surrounded by her family, which, of course, included her husband.

Emily had never cheated close to either home or James. But she was pretty certain that she could pull it off without being caught. And even if she didn't, who cared? She was good at what she did between the sheets. Or atop the sheets. Or nowhere near the sheets! She could wrap a man around her finger in an instant by wrapping her pussy or mouth around his cock.

It was her intention to secure Robert in her sex life before he ever even had one with that piece of pure driven snow, Catherine.

After walking past the nobleman, Emily reached the shack that was intended to be her and James's home. Robert didn't know this, but she had already inspected and approved of the little cabin. She'd done it while the men had been discussing business, following dinner.

This tenant house was the best of the four available. It had a solid roof, all of its exterior walls, doors, and window shutters, most of its glass windows (though some were cracked and needed to be replaced), and a fireplace that was free of damage and occupying critters. It was also the largest. It had a separate bedroom while the others only had sleeping areas separated from the living area by cloth partitions, most of which were rotted out or simply missing.

Emily went directly to that separated bedroom to undress. She shed her green woolen dress and her woven hemp shift. A waist-slip hid her from her hips downward. Above that, though, her narrow waist, smooth belly, and young, firm breasts were exposed to the chill of the cool room. A shiver ran up Emily's back, gooseflesh exploded over her arms, and her nipples swelled dramatically.

She slipped a thin, linen slip over her head. It was made of expensive and comfortable cloth that Emily herself could never have afforded. She'd stolen it, actually. With great energy, skill, and drive, she'd fucked a well-to-do merchant to two orgasms and a badly needed nap. While he was snoring the early afternoon away, Emily had raided his wife's closet and drawers. She'd left his home feeling sexually satisfied. She'd also left with a dozen pieces of expensive under-clothing that would have cost her husband half a year's wages.

Emily had known that James would question the origin of the unfamiliar and valuable clothing. To cover, she'd hurried into their house with great excitement, opened the cloth travel bag that she'd also stolen and used to carry the pilfered items, and claimed that she'd found it on the side of the Coach Road.

"Can I keep them?" she'd begged. "Can I keep them?"

Emly had already been stripping off her own clothes to try on the new ones. She showed many of the undergarments in a sexy little show for James. Then, once she had him, she laid him back and gave him the same treatment she'd given the merchant just a couple of hours earlier. Of course, James only lasted seconds and left Emily wanting. But she was still feeling fulfilled from her hour with the man from whom she'd stolen.

She made her way back to the shack's front door and peeked out. James and Robert were talking near the main gate to the manor house. They were perhaps 50 feet away. Her husband had his back to her and her Lord was facing her.

Emily stepped out into the doorway in her night clothes. The light of the moon beyond the men illuminated her white clothing clearly. She could tell from the change in expression on Robert's face that he'd caught sight of her. She smiled to him and gave him a little wave.

A gentleman would have diverted his eyes. Emily was counting on Robert to give her a long ogle. She got what she wanted before he finally diverted his eyes. After that, she went back inside to await her husband. By the time he arrived, she was in their new bed, fitted with the bedding she'd carried up from the boat on her own. She was naked, and as her husband's eyes fell upon her, she lowered the sheet to reveal her young, tight body to him invitingly.

"Welcome home, m'love," she purred. "Shall we christen our new bed?"

James stripped and went to Emily. And less than five minutes later, he was soundly sated and snoring away.

Emily had expected this, of course. With her husband out beside her, she slipped her hands down to her crotch and drove herself to orgasm with skilled, knowing fingers. She did this often. Her body trembled throughout from the euphoria exploding through her. But she controlled her verbal response as to not awake her husband. Emily preferred that James not awake while she was pleasuring herself. She had no interest in a conversation about his ineffectiveness in bed.

Once her heart beat and breathing rate had normalized, Emily rose from her bed. She moved to the window that looked out upon the manor house. To her surprise, she saw movement in the upper floor window of his bedroom. Emily couldn't see anything clearly. But she knew it was Robert.

She wanted to believe that he was looking down on her house, thinking about her. She would have been delighted to know that he actually was. She would have been less delighted to know that his masturbatory fantasies were bouncing between she herself and Catherine. But still...

She watched until Robert's lantern dimmed to its night light glow. Then, returning to bed, she fell asleep to wonderful, lewd thoughts of what she and the new Lord Master might do to each other in the days, weeks, and months to come.

Robert awoke to the sound of the rooster's call. He rose, looking to the window; the sky beyond was turning a deep red with the rise of the sun. Even before his feet hit the floor, his mind began spinning with yesterday's events. Apparently, his life had taken a dramatic turn: he'd hired on an entire family of peasant laborers; he'd agreed to marry one of that family's daughters, or niece, in this case; and he'd masturbated himself to a wonderful orgasm via fantasies of said future wife and one of her cousins, who -- if he wasn't simply imagining it -- had shown herself to him in her undergarments while smiling to Robert under the bright light of the full moon.

He sat on the edge of his bed for a long moment just thinking about the changes, when he realized that he was listening to unusual activities on the floor below him. Turning his head this way and that, Robert could hear both male and female voices. He couldn't make out the conversations, but he picked out a few words like firewood, chicken, fence, boat, uncle, and asshole. That last one had been called out by a female voice, which told Robert that its source was the only female on the island, Emily.

Suddenly, Robert's cock twitched with excitement. He chastised himself quietly at the fantasy that filled his head without invitation. He was going to court and marry Catherine! That was the plan arranged with the girl's uncle. And yet, Robert couldn't get the other woman's flirtations out of his mind.

This was going to be tough.

Robert was waking at the crack of dawn. Emily, however, had already been up more than an hour. She'd been in the manor house's kitchen before the first hints of dawn arrived. She'd started three fires within minutes. One would heat the kitchen. One would heat the parlor. And the other, in the cast iron stove, would be the makings of her Lord's breakfast.

By the time Robert was putting his feet on the floor, Emily had prepared a breakfast platter. It included hot biscuits below thick gravy, fried eggs, sliced fresh fruit, a glass of goat milk, and crisp bacon. Some of it had been brought from the mainland by the family yesterday. Some of it had been collected from here on the island, namely the eggs and fruit.

Robert didn't have to descend to the kitchen for his meal, though. Emily ascended the stairs carrying the platter. His bedroom door wasn't fully closed. She simply turned her butt to it, leaned forward, and pushed backwards. Smiling, she backed into the room rather than turn in the hall. She wanted Robert to get another look at her backside. Men loved to look at her backside. They particularly liked to look at it bared while they pounded against her from behind.

"Your breakfast, m'lord," Emily said as she turned to face Robert. She smiled again. "Good morning."

Robert hadn't been able to get either of the women out of his mind, the result of which was that his cock had slowly but surely hardened and lengthened until the front of his pajama bottoms was standing tall before him. He recalled how well pleasuring himself the night before had felt and reached a hand down to grasp his shaft. He squeezed hard, drawing a deep breath before releasing it with a happy huff. He stroked his hand up and down a few times, wanting so badly to pull his bottoms down and--

"Your breakfast, m'lord."

At the sound of Emily's voice, Robert instinctively popped tall, the thing a gentleman did at the arrival of a lady. He immediately recalled the tent before his crotch; he snatched up the soiled bottoms from the night before and held them before his erection. He tried to be subtle about it, but Robert knew it was hopeless.

Emily smiled at him, saying, "Good morning."

Robert's face was burning from a serious blush. He muttered, "Good morning--" He'd been about to speak her name, but panicked; had he been about to say Emily or Catherine? Straight on it, he finished, "Emily."

He looked to the platter, thanked her, and nodded toward one of the flat surfaces someone -- maybe Emily? -- had cleared, dusted, and polished the night before. "That's good." He added nervously, "I, um ... should get dressed."

Robert would have thought that the embarrassment of the moment would have shrunk his cock to limpness. It didn't, though, and he found himself still having to continue camouflaging his manhood behind the additional clothing.

Robert's blush turned his face a deep red. It was cute. Emily smiled, pleased. She knew what was bothering him, obviously. He was desperate to hide his groin. He muttered, "Good morning ... Emily."

She initially thought that perhaps Robert had forgotten her name. Emily would have to work on that. She very much wanted her name to be on his tongue at all times. Only later would she wonder whether or not he'd been about to speak the other woman's name. Catherine's name. The name of his intended.

He indicated a place for the food. Emily crossed to the dresser to set the platter down. She turned and looked to him again. She did a good job of keeping her gaze on his face. She wanted to look to his groin again, as she had upon entering. But she didn't want to embarrass him. Doing so might result in her being sent away with an angry command.

He muttered, "I, um ... should get dressed."

"Of course, m'lord," she said. She curtseyed. Then, a thought came to her. She looked for and found yesterday's discarded clothing. As she collected them, she said, "M'lord, let me deal with these before I leave."

If he dismissed her, she would ignore him. Emily hurriedly hung his outer clothes to keep them from wrinkling. The underclothes and undershirt she gathered under one arm, saying, "I'll launder these first thing, m'lord. They will be dried and ironed for use tomorrow."

Emily was standing almost within reach of Robert when she finished with these tasks. She looked to him with a respectful smile. Then, glancing lower down his body, her smile widened. She leaned forward and quickly snatched the soiled bottoms before he had a chance to tighten his grip.

"I'll launder these, too, m'lo-- OH!" Emily feigned great surprise at the sight of his very obvious erection. She slapped a hand over her mouth. She looked up into Robert's eyes. Continuing with her feigned shock, she begged, "I'm sorry, m'lord! Please forgive me!"

She spun quickly had headed for the door. She stopped short, though, hesitating. She looked back again, at Robert's groin, then his face. Then, smirking, she hurried away like the good, respectable servant that she was.

Emily began gathering yesterday's clothes, to Robert's dismay. She told him, "M'lord, let me deal with these before I leave."

"No, no, it's not necessary!" he told her. But she kept on. Robert's heart was pounding anxiously; he was rock hard and so obviously so, and this woman who -- who was responsible in part for his condition -- was married to a man somewhere on the property at this very moment. He almost begged, "No, please, Emily, it's not ... you can do this later ... please ... I need to get dressed.

Suddenly, she snatched the bottoms that were hiding Robert's embarrassment. He very quickly crossed his hands over his crotch, doing his best to hide his erection. But he wasn't exactly tiny down there; his length and girth had been difficult to hide behind a wad of clothing, but now...?

Emily acted as if she were surprised by what she'd seen, but as she hurried out, Robert began to wonder if maybe it hadn't been intentional. Then, she stopped, looked back, and smirked! Oh yeah, there had been nothing accidental about Emily's actions. He watched her hurry out of the room and down the stairs and found himself laughing. He'd been right, of course: Emily was going to be trouble.

He ate from the platter as he dressed, then headed down the stairs. There was already a great deal of activity by the time Robert was in the parlor. James and one of the other men were hauling in more firewood; a third man was delivering the remainder of the morning's eggs from wherever the hens had decided to lay them while the henhouse itself was defective. And just outside, a fourth man was chasing down the goats running about the yard; Robert would find out later that the family had a buck that they wanted to bring to the island to breed with the three does Robert owned but had been ignoring because they weren't currently milking.

Emily did her best to conceal her smile of delight. She was torturing Robert, she knew. And she was enjoying it. She didn't want Robert to find her actions insubordinate, though. She did her best to feign innocence in her actions, too.

Giving him that last little smirk might not have been in her best interest, though. As she descended the stairs, she chastised the stupidity of that. She might get in trouble after all. Oh, well. She was planning to do far more that might get her into far more trouble.

Robert did eventually descend to the home's main floor. Emily was making herself busy in the kitchen. With any luck, she wouldn't catch hell for her earlier intrusion on him upstairs.

"Morning, m'lord," James said upon seeing Robert, removing his cap. "Slept well, I hope."

The other men would greet Robert over the next few minutes. In between those greetings, James reported on the planned tasks for the day. He gave Robert a nod of respect and replaced his cap before getting back to work.

When Robert eventually entered the kitchen, Emily gave him a respectful though somewhat awkward curtsey. "Morning, m'lord."

She wasn't going to speak on the earlier events unless Robert brought them up first. She asked, "Is there anything I can do for you this morning, m'lord?"

"Morning, m'lord," Emily's husband said upon Robert descending the stairs from his bedroom and reaching the home's parlor.

"Good morning to you, James," Robert said with a bit of an anxious tone. Minutes earlier, the man's wife had very intentionally created the opportunity to ogle his stiff erection and then smirk humorously about it.

James continued, "Slept well, I hope."

"Um, yes, yes," Robert said. "I did, thank you."

He was glancing around for Emily but saw no sign of her. One after another, the other three men -- Liam, Edward, and Cleo -- traded morning greetings with Robert. Once that was taken care of, he sauntered into the kitchen, where cooking noises had told Robert he would likely find the only family member yet unaccounted for. He found Emily working hard, enough so that she didn't see him enter ... or pretended not to.

Robert couldn't help but admire the shape of her as she moved about the kitchen. Emily seemed to be wearing fewer layers of clothing this morning than she had been when he'd met her the day before. Her figure seemed more prominently displayed in this outfit; her waist seemed more conspicuously narrow, her hips wider, and her butt fuller. Robert was unsure of whether this was true or whether it was just his imagination, brought on by their encounter this morning in his bedroom when he was so inappropriately dressed for a female servant to be present alone.

He couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't noticed this change in her this morning when first they met. He blamed his own embarrassment for the lack of attention he paid to her then and excessive attention he was paying to her now. In fact, Robert didn't even realize that Emily had stopped her work and turned to face him until she was speaking to him.

"Morning, m'lord," she said, offering him a little curtsey. "Is there anything I can do for you this morning, m'lord?"

Robert didn't immediately respond. He was looking her up and down, trying to imagine her in the sleeping gown she'd been wearing in the doorway of the tenant shack the night before. He did finally pull his eyes up, speaking with a nervous tone, "No. No, no ... nothing ... Emily."

He looked around the kitchen for some food item he could grab and take away and found the rolls left over from dinner the night before. He snatched one up, along with an apple, smiled to her, and headed out of the kitchen quickly. He'd begun stiffening up down below the belt again, and he didn't want Emily to see his arousal for her again in such a short period of time.

"Would you like to talk some more on the day's plans, m'lord," James said as soon as Robert was once again in the parlor.

"Yes, yes, absolutely," Robert said, eager to get on with the day. "Let's step outside, and..."

He let the thought go as he snagged a jacket from near the door, donned his hat, and hurried outside. They spent the next three hours walking together around the property, inspecting the structures, fences, and other infrastructure. They made plans and prioritized them. Robert wanted the animals that had gone feral rounded up and penned as appropriate, something the other men had already begun the day before and had continued with this morning.

Robert and James -- who, in his uncle's absence, seemed to be in charge -- took a long walk out to the east end of the island, where the oldest of the estate's two tin mines was located. This one had been the most extensively dug of the two, and the ore taken from it over nearly a century had been responsible for the Wilkins become landed gentry.

This mine had also been the sight of great tragedy, however. When Robert was just a boy, a cave-in had taken the lives of 22 workers, including one of Robert's brothers, an uncle, and two of that uncle's three sons. 14 men had survives without serious injury, but another 15 had been so seriously hurt that they'd never been able to return to the mine.

Typically, mine owners had insurance that would cover payments to the injured and dead or to their respective families. But Robert's grandfather -- then the Lord of Kerris Island -- had let his insurance lapse in the wake of loses in other areas of the family's finances. He'd paid out what he could to the most seriously injured and to the families of the dead, with the total cost driving the Wilkins family to the edge of ruin. Robert's grandfather began drinking, and in a drunken stupor a year after the collapse, walked off a seaside cliff -- accidentally or intentionally, no one new -- and was found dead just above the crashing waves several days later; the crabs, seagulls, and other critters had been feasting on him so extensively that they'd only had to assume his identity based on the fact that he was missing and no one else had been.

The mine had closed for nearly two years while Robert's father -- now Lord of the Manor -- worked to save the family's position and finances. And he'd just about done so: the mine was reopened, the ranch returned to profitability, and some shrewd investments paid off handsomely.

Then came the second mine disaster. Yet another cave-in killed more than a dozen men, and a flood of the below-sea level lower levels -- caused when the main and backup manual pumps failed within minutes of each other -- killed even more than that. The insurance company paid out this time but then cancelled the policy, causing the mine to shut down once more.

Robert had enlisted in the army and then reached officer status because of his family name. He hadn't wanted to go to America to fight against the rebellious British citizens there, and his unit -- which included a number of sons of British nobility -- had actually been ordered to remain in Cornwall as a part of the Homeland Defense Force.

But the mine disaster has so tarnished the Wilkins name that Robert simply couldn't remain in England. He slipped away aboard a troop ship heading for the New World and became a Lieutenant in an infantry division fighting there. He'd only come back after word had reached him that his father had died and the family estate was in threat of being seized by the crown for back taxes.

Robert and James talked about the mine and what it would take to get it operational again. Tin prices were up, and if they could bring just 10 basket loads of ore up each day, it would become as profitable as any other mine in Cornwall.

What really had Robert excited, though, was the second mine, which was closer to the manor house. It had been probed for ore content, and had been found to possibly be richer than the other mine by far. The only issue was that the initial effort in gaining access to the veins was going to cost far more money than Robert had or could possibly afford to borrow.

The two men spoke about that situation as well before heading back to the manor house.

The people of the story (for easier reference); updates will come periodically:
  • Robert Wilkins: Lord of Kerris Island.
  • Catherine: Robert's likely wife-to-be (and great niece of George)
  • George: patriarch of the tenant family; see additional information at each character.
  • Liam: George's son
  • Edward: Liam's son (and, therefore, George's grandson)
  • Cleo: George's nephew
  • James: George's nephew
  • Emily: James's wife (who is hot-to-trot for Robert)

Emily continued her work in the kitchen while the men wandered about the island. She baked bread and prepared pies. She cut up the spare rooster that the men had killed for a stew to be cooked later. Last but certainly not least, she put loaves of bread in the oven.

She then packed a basket with food and headed out to find the men. Liam, Edward, and Cleo she found working about the homestead. She gave them hot tea and cold leftovers from the previous night's dinner. She also gave them instructions on what she needed done by them. Emily was just one of George's kin, like the others. But as the current woman of the house, she held a certain amount of sway when it came to priorities. This might change once Catherine was Lady of the manor. Might!

Emily caught sight of the other two men as they were headed back from the island's far end. She walked their way. She reached them as they stood over a work sight. She asked, "A new mine? I thought I heard something of it last night, yes?"

The men would tell her what they wanted or not. She was, after all, just a woman. This was man's doings. She fed them as well, only better. They were her Lord and husband, after all. Emily had chilled goat's milk, cheese from the mainland, still warm boiled eggs, and tea that came with honey and cream.

"Do you suppose George and Catherine will return today, husband?" Emily asked of James.

"Suppose not," the man answered. "They'll be packing more things to bring out. Using a bigger boat, I 'spect."

Emily looked to Robert, and catching his eye, smiled broadly. She liked the idea of having one more night with the man before his intended returned. Emily would have liked another month with Robert if she could get it. She was certain that, given the chance, she could make the man forget any arrangement he'd made with her uncle regarding ginger.

"I should get back, m'lord," Emily told Robert. "I have loaves in the oven. Wouldn't want to burn them."

She normally would have approached her husband for a farewell kiss. Instead, Emily simply turned and walked away. She let her ass swing a bit more than normal. Twice she looked back at the men. They'd returned to talking, with Robert facing her. She gave him a flirtatious smile before hurrying away, giggling.

• Robert Wilkins: Lord of Kerris Island.
  • Catherine, 20 (in a month): Robert's likely wife-to-be (and great niece of George)
  • George: patriarch of the tenant family; see additional information at each character.
  • Liam: George's son
  • Edward: Liam's son (and, therefore, George's grandson)
  • Cleo: George's nephew
  • James: George's nephew
  • Emily, 21: James's wife (who is hot-to-trot for Robert)

(OOC: Thanks for the ages of the females. I did think that Emily was going to be younger than Catherine, though. I only point that out here -- rather than in a PM -- in case you change it; I want any readers who we might have to know whether or not you changed it. :))

Robert caught sight of Emily nearing them, carrying a basket, and got an unvoluntary though not entirely unwelcomed twinge in his undergarments. He knew that he shouldn't be having erotic thought about the woman -- who, of course, was married to the man standing beside him -- but Robert simply couldn't prevent such images from dancing in his head. He was absolutely certain that her behavior in his bedroom this morning -- pulling his dirty underwear away from his groin and, thus, revealing his obvious hard-on -- had been entirely intentional. What was he supposed to think about that?

"A new mine?" Emily asked when she arrived with an early lunch for her lord and her husband. "I thought I heard something of it last night, yes?"

"Yes, it's been a goal of mine since I returned to the estate last year," Robert answered. He spoke on some of the specifics, unsure of whether or not the woman had enough knowledge of the industry to understand what he was saying; she was only a woman, after all, and all men knew more than women when it came to such topics, didn't they? He finished with, "It's quite possible that a new mine here could produce more tin than the East Mine. If so, the fortunes of the estate would be greatly improved--"

Robert turned back to James before continuing, "--and my good fortunes would become good fortune for any who shared in the work, of course."

James removed his hat and gave Robert a nod of respect, responding, "Thank you, m'lord. You won't find harder or more dedicated workers in me and my kin, m'lord."

"I'm sure," Robert said, as the other man donned his hat again and looked to his wife for confirmation.

They spoke of whether the other family members would be returning today, with James's answer being "Suppose not."

James didn't see the look his wife gave their new master, and even if he had, he might not have recognized it as a hidden and adulterous yearning. Even after years of it, James had never had an inkling of his wife's cheating; he had no reason to believe that his wife's infidelity would continue with Robert.

"I should get back, m'lord," Emily told Robert, telling him about the bread in the oven.

"Of course," he said. He tipped his hat to her, as a gentleman should to a woman, regardless of their relative status. He glanced to James, then back, telling Emily, "I won't keep your husband much longer."

"No worries, m'lord," James said. "I'm eager to learn more about the new mine. I'm sure Uncle George will be, too. When he returns, he'll have suggestions for workers. Work is hard to find back home. I'm sure there will be more than enough men eager to relocate to the island to work to locating new seams."

The two men continued talking as James's wife headed back toward the manor. Robert was looking past the man at Emily and -- once again -- was certain that she was flirting with him, both in her walk and her backward glances. James asked a question that drew Robert's attention away from the departing strumpet, and the two engaged in a serious, undistracted conversation once again.

Back at the manor, though, as James joined his male kin in working around the house and yard, Robert was quick to head inside with the specific goal of locating and speaking with Emily. He found her again in the kitchen, pulling bread out of the hot oven and replacing them with pies.

When she looked to him, Robert smiled, asking, "Are you finding everything you need? I ... I have to admit, I didn't use the kitchen that much when I was here on my own. If there is anything you need in the way of cooking utensils ... ingredients ... staples ... you shouldn't hesitate to put together a list and ask me for the necessary funds."

Even as he spoke of money, Robert found himself wondering whether he could scrounge up even enough coin to pay for a week's worth of grub. He'd come home from the American Colonies with a small purse of smallish coins; he'd found the estate's coffers near empty; and he'd sold just about everything of value to keep his own self in food and drink up until now.

George had known, of course, that the estate was suffering some level of financial instability when he and his kin had come out the day before. But if he'd truly understood just how empty Robert's pockets were, he might have gone looking for work elsewhere. Robert would find a way, though; he wasn't about to let these people down when they could very well be what saved the Wilkins estate in the end.

Recalling the flirtation earlier and the event upstairs even earlier than that, Robert had contemplated making inquiries about them of Emily. But as they spoke about other things, he simply couldn't find a way to broach the subject such that he wouldn't embarrass Emily, himself, or both of them. Instead, he concluded the conversation about the household, excused himself, and ascended to his bedroom to sit at his desk and contemplate the financial future of the estate.

• Robert Wilkins, 32: Lord of Kerris Island.
  • Catherine, 20 (in a month): Robert's likely wife-to-be (and great niece of George)
  • George, 48: patriarch of the tenant family; see additional information at each character.
  • Liam, 31: George's eldest son
  • Edward, 14*: Liam's eldest son (and, therefore, George's grandson)
  • Cleo, 26: George's nephew
  • James, 22: George's nephew
  • Emily, 21: James's wife (who is hot-to-trot for Robert)
* -- there will be absolutely no sexual content for characters under 18 years of age, of course. At the most, there may be future mention of them marrying, as would be expected for this era. But there will never be anything even as erotic as a kiss in regards to them!

(OOC: I did, in fact, reduce Emily's age to 19.)

"The kitchen is well equipped," Emily said in response to Robert's questions about whether or not she had what she needed. She said with humor in her voice, "Food and drink get consumed, but pots and pans remain."

She did like the idea of getting her hands on some of the Robert's money, though. "I will make a list, m'lord. There are things that would serving you easier, m'lord."

Emily couldn't help but don a flirtatious smirk at that last. In her mind, she was thinking Not wearing my unders when you pull up my dress, for one. Instead, she told him, "You're a Lord ... m'lord. You deserve more than can be provided with what's available at the moment. But that's why we're here, and we'll get this straight soon'nuff."

She gave him a quick little half-curtsey, told him she needed to deal with the cooking, repeated the gesture, and quickly turned to the stove where things were bubbling.

Later --

The day passed by quickly for Emily. She had far too much women's work for one woman. The men helped, of course, but often only because she nagged them into it. They kept the wood boxes filled. They captured, killed, and properly processed an unnecessary, second rooster. They did some repairs in and around the kitchen and in and around the larger house itself.

When dinner time arrived, Emily laid out a proper meal for Robert. In contrast to the previous night, her kin were not sitting at the table when Robert sat down. She explained, "Last evening was something special, m'lord. Introductions and all. This is your house, though. Your home. We's just the help. Can't expect to sit down with the Lord every meal or nothing like that."

She got Robert sat and his plate filled before him. She filled a glass with wine and another with chilled goat's milk. She excused herself to the kitchen to deal with issues that needed her attention. There was still a pie in the oven and a pudding on the burner.

When she returned, she topped his wine glass, asked how everything was, and inquired, "Does m'lord wish me to remain ... to serve you through dinner?"

If he told her to remain, she would do so, happily. She wanted Robert to get used to and then yearn for her company. Familiarity was the first step to him taking her to his bed. That was, after all, Emily's ultimate goal.

If he instead excused her, she would perform another of her amateurish curtseys and depart. She still had a few tasks in the kitchen. And before she left, Emily would once again come to the dining room to check on Robert. But she would, if directed, make her way off to her own place of residence ... reluctantly.

• Robert Wilkins, 32: Lord of Kerris Island.
  • George, 48: patriarch of the tenant family; see additional information at each character.
  • Liam, 31: George's eldest son
  • Edward, 14*: Liam's eldest son (and, therefore, George's grandson)
  • Cleo, 26: George's nephew
  • James, 22: George's nephew
  • Emily, 19: James's wife (who is hot-to-trot for Robert)
* -- there will be absolutely no sexual content for characters under 18 years of age, of course. At the most, there may be future mention of them marrying, as would be expected for this era. But there will never be anything even as erotic as a kiss in regard to them!

"There are things that would make serving you easier, m'lord."

When Emily said that to him, Robert was having the same lewd, sexual thoughts about the young servant that she was having about him. If he'd thought he could bend her over the food preparation table right then and there and not endanger the agreement he'd made with her Uncle George -- an agreement that would see Robert marrying George's great-niece, of course -- Robert wouldn't have hesitated. His cock had hardened again, something it did nearly every time he was in Emily's presence, and all he could think about was shoving it in and out of her until he exploded with a great grunt of satisfaction.

"You're a Lord ... m'lord," she went on, talking about what Robert deserved because of his social status.

Robert wasn't entirely sure whether or not that was right. Sure, he'd inherited the land and titles from his father, and as landed gentry, he had certain rights -- and responsibilities, too -- that peasants such as George, James, Emily, and the rest of their kin did not. But these days, his coin purse was nearly as empty as any one of theirs. The only thing that kept Robert from boating to the mainland to find work, as George and his people had done in reverse, was the value of his lands -- particularly the mines -- should he decide to begin partitioning some of it off in exchange for coin and paper.

In days of old, those rights Robert had might have included bending Emily over a table for his sexual pleasure, but -- slow as they were -- things were changing in the relationship between the peerage, landed gentry, tenants, and peasants. Robert could take Emily here and now if he wished, and if her husband -- or her uncle, who was the true patriarch of the family -- took offense to the act, Robert might find himself parting ways with an ordered amount of coinage as recompense. He certainly wouldn't be jailed or whipped or otherwise punished, as would happen if a male of Emily's stature were to do the same to a female of Robert's.

But he wasn't about to do that, of course. First, Robert wasn't the rape the peasant type. Second, he needed Emily and her kin to keep his estate above the waves that surrounded it, figuratively speaking. And third -- well, this might have been his often wishfully thinking brain at work -- Robert had been developing a distinct impression that he didn't have to take Emily, but that Emily might very well come to him willingly instead.

Of course, that might not be the best direction for their master-servant relationship to go. Robert was supposed to be getting married, to Catherine, to Emily's kin. At least, that was the vaguely discussed arrangement with George; the details hadn't been entirely worked out, of course, but they all knew that that was what was in the cards for Robert and Catherine.

What the hell was Robert thinking, imagining Emily with her dress pushed up to her waist, her body bent over a preparation table, and her mouth open wide as she cried out in joy to the deep and powerful thrusts of his cock into her young, tight pussy?

Later --

Robert found himself feeling a bit lonely when he descended from his bedroom to find dinner on the table awaiting him. Oh sure, he'd only had the company of George's people for that one dinner, yet seeing all of the chairs pushed in with no dinner ware before them was somewhat of a disappointment nonetheless.

Emily appeared with some additional items for his dining pleasure and asked, "Does m'lord wish me to remain ... to serve you through dinner?"

Robert wanted her to stay for dinner ... and for a romp between the sheets upstairs afterward. But he told instead, "No, Emily. I'll be fine on my own. You can, um ... finish up with what you are doing in the kitchen now and go join your husband for your evening meal."

She turned to head back to the kitchen, and catching sight of her gently swaying ass -- and imagining his groin slapping against it yet again -- Robert quickly added, "But maybe..." When she turned back, he hesitated before telling her, "Maybe ... when you have finished dinner with your husband ... maybe you could return to deal with what's left over...? And, of course, you should take what's left over of the pie ... for James and the other men. There's plenty to go around."

Emily was a little disappointed when Robert so easily dismissed her. He told her she could go home to her husband for their evening meal."

"Yes, m'lord," she said, repeating her usual curtsey.

Then he invited her to return. Speaking about the ample desserts available, he said, "There's plenty to go around."

Emily smiled widely. In her mind, she was thinking Plenty of ME to go around. It had been almost a moon since she'd felt a man's cock inside her. Until last night, it had been three times that since her husband's cock had been inside her. And, of course, Emily had been fantasizing about Robert while striding her husband's body.

"Yes, m'lord," she said. "I'll return later to take care of the left over food and dishes and desserts."

Emily yet again curtseyed before heading for the kitchen. She took care of what needed to be done immediately. Then, heading out the home's side door, she headed to her and James's shack. All of the men were there. They had a bottle, of course. One of Emily's pie pans was empty already. She did a few household tasks.

"Go home," she demanded of the other men. They wandered out toward their own shacks. Emily did some more work. James retrieved more firewood, then stripped to his underwear for bed. Emily kissed him before saying, "I have work to do at the manor. I'll be home soon..." She smiled, finishing, "...and I'll bring another pie."

He seemed happy enough with that. Of course, in his current state, he would have been happy with anything.

Emily went to the other room, stripped to her skin, poured hot water into a wash tub, and stepped inside. She cleaned herself from face to toes. Then, dressing in a fresh set of under and outer clothes, she returned to the manor house. Robert was nowhere to be seen. She assumed he was upstairs in bed already. She cleaned up and put food away as appropriate.

She was initially disappointed not to see Robert. Then, she heard him move about upstairs. Emily recognized the sound of his chair moving on the wooden planks above her. She went to the bottom of the stairs. The light of his lantern flicked in the upstairs hall. She smiled.

Emily picked up some clean, folded clothes and headed quietly up the stairs. She arrived at his open door to find him just rising from his chair, presumably to call it a night. He caught sight of her. She curtseyed again. "Your laundry, m'lord ... in case you need to change into it in the morning."

She moved to his dresser and put the clothes away. She'd already spent some time up here getting familiar with his room. Turning, she met his eyes with her own and gave him a slight smile. Then, walking ever so slowly his direction, Emily said, "I could launder what you're wearing now, m'lord ... if ... if you wanted to take them off ... and give them to me ... now."

She continued forward, until she was easily within reach of Robert. Softly, she suggested, "I could help you out of them ... if you wished."

If he said nothing to conflict with where she wanted this go, Emily would step up close and begin slowly, seductively removing Robert's clothing from him.

Just as she had heard him moving about the second floor of the old, rickety manor house, Robert had heard Emily working in the kitchen below him. He was so very and inappropriately tempted to go downstairs to be near her, and at one point got up from his desk to do so; that was the sound she'd heard, his chair moving across the floor as he stood and then, a moment later, sat back down again.

As it would turn out, Robert didn't need to go to Emily, as she came to him instead. Her hands were full of washed clothes, and she explained her presence as such.

Robert had stood, immediately feeling the activity in his crotch. While Emily's attention was elsewhere, Robert quickly attempted to adjust his growing hard-on to be less conspicuous but failed.

"I could launder what you're wearing now, m'lord," Emily said as she approached, "...if you wanted to take them off ... and give them to me ... now." Once close, she added, "I could help you out of them ... if you wished."

Robert simply stood there in silence, unsure of what to say or do. This was wrong, obviously, the two of them here like this, with Emily offering to undress him and Robert more than willing to let he do so. And yet he didn't stop her as she reached out to unbutton his vest, then remove it and lay it upon his desk chair. Her fingers next found the buttons of his shirt, and soon it had been removed as well.

Robert could stop this here and now if he chose; they hadn't crossed a line that couldn't be explained away as Emily simply helping him from of his outer layer of clothes. And yet, Robert not only allowed the girl to continue but aided her in stripping his undershirt up over his head, leaving his torso bare from the waist upwards.

Back