CMNF - QQ

Altissimus

Irreverently Piquant
I'm hovering over the 'publish' button on my latest story, and it has been suggested that a suitable tag is 'CMNF' (Clothed Male, Nude Female). Thing is, it's a romance, not a fetish or exhibitionism piece. While quite a lot of the story does indeed fit CMNF, it's incidental.

I don't understand the thinking behind what 'CMNF' folk want to see, so I'm looking for advice on that please. I don't want to represent the story as it being a fetishist focus, but similarly if I'm reading too much into it and CMNF folk are quite open to how that works, then it makes sense to flag it as such.

Opinions please?

I'm hovering over the 'publish' button on my latest story, and it has been suggested that a suitable tag is 'CMNF' (Clothed Male, Nude Female). Thing is, it's a romance, not a fetish or exhibitionism piece. While quite a lot of the story does indeed fit CMNF, it's incidental.

I don't understand the thinking behind what 'CMNF' folk want to see, so I'm looking for advice on that please. I don't want to represent the story as it being a fetishist focus, but similarly if I'm reading too much into it and CMNF folk are quite open to how that works, then it makes sense to flag it as such.

Opinions please?
I think you'll find there is a spectrum involved, like in most other things. You might attract folks from BDSM looking for a D/s relationship and people from E/V looking for, say, a nudist/textile relationship. It might be a problem if that was the only informative tag, but your other choices will probably help anyone searching by tags to get a clearer idea of what kind of CMNF shenanigans are afoot. Even if it is incidental, some E/V folks might get a bit of a thrill anyway, and probably wouldn't complain much if casual nudity is used just as a garnish, so to speak.

I agonized on almost the same exact thing on my story Shotgun. In the end, I ended up putting it in Erotic Couplings even though it is mostly a (probably too) sweet love story. My issue was the family was nudists even though that was secondary to them falling in love.

In EC, you see very few "wrong category" complaints.

Be careful CMNF has two (at least) distinct tracks. The forced BDSM sub category and the one with the Nude in Public angle. I prefer the NIP angle but I am pretty sure I am in the minority to the BDSM folks. I love a good CMNF story that is not BDSM or sub. They are not particularly common. Note by sub I mean in the sub/dom meaning.

I agonized on almost the same exact thing on my story Shotgun. In the end, I ended up putting it in Erotic Couplings over Romance even though it is mostly a (probably too) sweet love story. My issue was the family was nudists even though that was secondary to them falling in love.

In EC, you see very few "wrong category" complaints.

Be careful CMNF has two (at least) distinct tracks. The forced BDSM sub category and the one with the Nude in Public angle. I prefer the NIP angle but I am pretty sure I am in the minority to the BDSM folks. I love a good CMNF story that is not BDSM or sub. They are not particularly common. Note by sub I mean in the sub/dom meaning.

Just to add to what I said before. It's all in how you do things. I read one of your stories and I have no doubt at all that you have the chops to incorporate CMNF elements into a romance story in a way that will work. It would be a fun challenge and I'm sure you can pull it off.

I've written a whole CMNF series about how a woman who originally does it "for research" discovers that she actually gets off on it.

I don't like the type of story where a male dom forces a woman to be naked. Total turn-off.

I can see CMNF being part of a romance story if early on the woman decides to do it because she likes being looked at.

I've written a whole CMNF series about how a woman who originally does it "for research" discovers that she actually gets off on it.

I don't like the type of story where a male dom forces a woman to be naked. Total turn-off.

I can see CMNF being part of a romance story if early on the woman decides to do it because she likes being looked at.
For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a CMNF story. It's a story in which the female happens to be nude for some of it while the male happens to not be. CMNF isn't the focus, or the premise - hence me asking this question.

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a CMNF story. It's a story in which the female happens to be nude for some of it while the male happens to not be. CMNF isn't the focus, or the premise - hence me asking this question.
My story is called "Planet CMNF" … nude female/fully dressed male is the whole point of the story. In fact I invented science-fiction planet just to make the premise seem plausible.

If your story just has one or two CMNF scenes, I wouldn't use the tag. It's like using the "panties" tag because at one point you show her in her panties.

My story is called "Planet CMNF" … nude female/fully dressed male is the whole point of the story. In fact I invented science-fiction planet just to make the premise seem plausible.

If your story just has one or two CMNF scenes, I wouldn't use the tag. It's like using the "panties" tag because at one point you show her in her panties.
It'll make sense if you read it.

It'll make sense if you read it.

Your judgment is probably better than anyone else's on the subject, because you know the story, and we don't. There's no way to answer these questions in the abstract (even though we all try).

Your judgment is probably better than anyone else's on the subject, because you know the story, and we don't. There's no way to answer these questions in the abstract (even though we all try).
Sure. I appreciate the feedback and have tried to indicate that with the judicious use of the 'Like' button. I've also now hit 'publish' and am happy with it, so also happy to park this thread, and thanks for the answers.

(My "It'll make sense if you read it" comment was because I'd already said in my first post "While quite a lot of the story does indeed fit CMNF", and then we had a situation where the phrase "If your story just has one or two CMNF scenes...It's like using the "panties" tag because at one point you show her in her panties" was used. So, rather than cutting and pasting the story here or getting into an argument about the nuances of a subject I don't claim to know a lot about, I was kinda just parking the debate. :) )

Use cmnf as a tag and pick out a category independent of that. It's a popular element for a story.

Back