Can it be done? Second person POV

You keep coming back to this thread. Slowly, lingeringly you scroll to the end... You're hand hovers hesitantly over the "Post Reply" button -- I look at you, my eyes encouraging you, imploring you... "Do it, you big sexy YOU, you..."
You shouldn't. You know you shouldn't.

I'm too full of cold to do any work, the cats are asleep and the wife just left on a two-week holiday. I don't have anything else going on in my life.
Wait, you're telling me you're surrounded by nice warn pussy, your wife is gone, and you don't have anything to do? pathetic. No wonder you write in 2nd person. LOL
Stay warm...🤗

Wait, you're telling me you're surrounded by nice warn pussy, your wife is gone, and you don't have anything to do? pathetic. No wonder you write in 2nd person. LOL
Stay warm...🤗
Nice warm pussy *that's asleep*. Unlike in my story, these get vicious if they're disturbed. To quote the old Whitesnake song, kitten's got claws.

I'm too full of cold to do any work, the cats are asleep and the wife just left on a two-week holiday. I don't have anything else going on in my life.
2 weeks? without you? I let my wife go for a 4 day cruise but with her sister and two nieces.

2 weeks? without you? I let my wife go for a 4 day cruise but with her sister and two nieces.
My wife's a redhead. I don't "let" her do anything.

ETA: even without the red hair, we have a healthy marriage. I don't "let" her do anything.

Last edited:
Long before I was posting on Lit, I wrote 2nd person narratives for my lover at the time. They were personal, individually inspired and very hot. I consider them my first erotic writing. Fast forward 10+ years to my Lit experience and I've done so twice, in 2nd person female mind you, both with decent results. I'm no literary master (as anyone can see), but submit that its not such a crazy idea.

I've grouped and labeled them so that any Lit reader who knows its not their cup of tea can simply avoid them.

https://literotica.com/s/here-and-now-01-shopping-day

One of the first erotic stories I ever read was second-person (where "you" was a woman), and poor 18-year-old gender-confused me ate up every single word! I even printed it out from the computer lab at the end of the semester (on green-bar paper!) so I could bring it home with me for the summer. đź«Ł

It's taken nearly two months, and more than 130 replies, but we actually got a serious and positive reply. Thank you, @CatGirl69!
Really?

I replied a bunch of times, all but one of which I considered serious, and more than one of which I'd consider positive and good-faith contributions. Once, I even complimented your own 2pp effort directly - I don't know how much more positive it can get. This person wasn't even talking about your own writing.

Even if I personally hadn't made any replies at all, I'd still be stunned at this slap to the face of all the people who did engage seriously with you, regardless of whether or not they opined positively about 2pp in general or your own 2pp story in particular.

Last edited:
Really?

I replied a bunch of times, all but one of which I considered serious, and more than one of which I'd consider positive and good-faith contributions. Once, I even complimented your own 2pp effort directly - I don't know how much more positive it can get. This person wasn't even talking about your own writing.

Even if I personally hadn't made any replies at all, I'd still be stunned at this slap to the face of all the people who did engage seriously with you, regardless of whether or not they opined positively about 2pp in general or your own 2pp story in particular.
Fair enough. It's been a while since I read the thread, and I remember it being mostly banter and teasing. But yes, there was also quite a lot of serious back and forth.

What I was responding to earlier was the commenter's tale of how a 2P POV story had had some impact on their life. I should probably have said "profound" instead of "serious". It was just interesting to read a post about someone connecting with a 2P POV story on a personal level, instead of our writerly back-and-forth about whether or not it can work.

I didn't intend to disparage or belittle anyone's input in this thread, or their feedback on my story.

I submitted a second person POV, present tense story for the 750 word challenge the other day. It should be published within a day or two. It's called "Public Exposure."

I don't expect to publish another one, but I wanted to say I'd done it at least once.

This got me thinking, what about Choose your own adventure books worked with 2nd?

Some of those choose your own adventure books we're practically smut. Monsters chasing you through the jungle. Tribes of cannibal women. Alien abductions. Fuck-- some things are starting to make more sense now.

Do you:

[*] turn left to follow the lesser-trod path
or
[ ] turn right so it makes no difference?

This is a good highlight of one specific way 2nd person is effective and (one could argue) necessary. But it's not how most authors are doing it, in the regular Lit stories.

I haven't looked at any of the chyoo forums or the material they're discussing, and I gather that chyoo is off-site anyway, so, I have no opinion on quality or effectiveness of those.
Wait a second. Is Chyoo off-site? It's mentioned here (never noticed this before)...
https://www.literotica.com/storyxs/c_stor.shtml

I have a bit of data that might shed light on whether people do or don't like second person POV stories. Lit published my 2d person POV story, in the Exhibitionist category, five days ago, on Feb. 8. It published another of my stories, ALSO in teh 750 word event and in the Mature category, on Feb. 4. The first story was in first person POV.

Here are the numbers:

Girl In The Park, 7779 views, 174 votes, 3.9 score (Mature) (1st person).

Public Exposure, 7920 views, 88 votes, 4.2 score (Exhibitionism) (2d person).

The thing that jumps out at me is that while the 2d person POV story, published 4 days later, already has surpassed the earlier story in total views, the vote total is dramatically lower. This suggests to me that it's possible that readers immediately were put off by the second person POV and decided not to read further, but that those who did read to the end generally liked the second story more than readers of the first story like that one, because the score is quite a bit higher and is not a bad score for a 750-word event story.

Back