Bandit's Blurt and Vent Thread

... We got home with the pills and I gave Him one with lunch. Half an hour or less later, He started itching and His right eye got all puffy. Then red bumps started to appear...allergic reaction to the pills I know He's had these ones before :eek: I quickly gave Him an antihistamine and soon after the itching became less and His eye went down a little. It's still puffy and the eyelids stick together if He closes His eye for any length of time.

So now I guess we go back to the doctor (will have to wait til Tuesday as He's dialysing tomorrow) and tell them about this new allergy and get some different antibiotics, hopefully these ones won't react like that! :eek:
Meds allergies are strange. You can take 'em time after time after time with no effect (other than the intended one), then suddenly you're allergic to them. Happened to me with penicillin. I'd been given (and had taken) penicillin all my life until we had a booster "preventative" penicillin shot in boot camp. Having had people have allergic reactions to their shots before, the Navy, in its infinite wisdom, had each unit stand in formation outside the sick bay for an hour after their shots. About 15 minutes into the hour, I suddenly realized I couldn't breathe, but before I could even signal distress, I was falling forward into the man in front of me, out cold. They said I was actually dead for a minute or so - no pulse, no respiration - but a quick shot of benadryl and some CPR brought me around, and within another hour, I was ready to go. But no! I had to stay overnight for "observation." That's okay - it got me out of that and the next two afternoons' PT (Physical Training, otherwise known as "run until you drop"). :D

I'm very careful now to tell any medical personnel that I'm allergic to penicillin, and when (on occasion) they look at me and ask what symptoms I have, I calmly say, "Anaphylactic shock. I die."

Sir W is right, allergies to medications can develop. I know there is an anti-histamine I have taken for many years when necessary, but when I took one a couple of years ago, I went places I didn't want to go. My body felt like it was going into spasms all over, I felt wired to the point I not only couldn't sleep, I couldn't stay still, I had nervous like tics in several places, chest pain, difficulty breathing.....I waited a few months and tried a half one convinced it must have been something else. Hmmm, I thought I was going to die with that half tablet, so now they are no longer an option...read the little information leaflet, and apparently what I experienced were life threatening allergic reactions only experienced by a few, and yet I had never had the slightest problem before.:confused:

Catalina:catroar:

Sir went back to the doctor this afternoon, the doc removed the nail (it was hanging by a thread anyway), cleaned and bandaged it and told us to take that off in a couple of days. No need for antibiotics he said unless it definitely becomes infected. Hopefully it will heal without complications *fingers crossed*.

Seems to be a never ending round of medical personnel - He sees the cardiologist on Thursday :) ;)

Oh, and Sir did say for me to post that NONE of this is done on purpose, AT ALL :D :kiss:

Spanking can be good for relationships - study

Sadomasochistic sex can be good for your relationship despite raising stress levels, a study suggests. Sadomasochistic sex may be stressful at first, but it could bring you closer to your partner, new research suggests.

US scientists studying an S&M "event" found that levels of the stress hormone cortisol went up in both men and women on the receiving end of S&M activities like spanking, bondage and flogging, the New Scientist magazine said.

At a separate S&M party, women showed significantly higher levels of testosterone when experiencing these types of S&M activities. The researchers said the testosterone boost may be a sign of stress, or may help women deal with the aggression displayed by their partner, New Scientist reported.

However, levels of both hormone soon dropped back to normal if the experience went well. Afterward, many couples reported feeling closer to their partner.

"When sexual intercourse in consensual it is not stressful, even if it is extreme sex," said a scientist quoted by the magazine.

http://www.stuff.co.nz

Gee that's good to know....;) :D

Spanking can be good for relationships - study

Sadomasochistic sex can be good for your relationship despite raising stress levels, a study suggests. Sadomasochistic sex may be stressful at first, but it could bring you closer to your partner, new research suggests.

US scientists studying an S&M "event" found that levels of the stress hormone cortisol went up in both men and women on the receiving end of S&M activities like spanking, bondage and flogging, the New Scientist magazine said.

At a separate S&M party, women showed significantly higher levels of testosterone when experiencing these types of S&M activities. The researchers said the testosterone boost may be a sign of stress, or may help women deal with the aggression displayed by their partner, New Scientist reported.

However, levels of both hormone soon dropped back to normal if the experience went well. Afterward, many couples reported feeling closer to their partner.

"When sexual intercourse in consensual it is not stressful, even if it is extreme sex," said a scientist quoted by the magazine.

http://www.stuff.co.nz

Gee that's good to know....;) :D

See I told you so :D .

Hey BANDIT:heart: you never mentioned meeting a possible Bi fem sub for us to enjoy.

See I told you so :D .

Hey BANDIT:heart: you never mentioned meeting a possible Bi fem sub for us to enjoy.

Oops :eek: ;)
Last Tuesday we went to meet a possible playmate for coffee, she seems nice, we are meeting her again for dinner after Easter (date to be worked out).

The cardiologist was happy with Him, we don't need to see her again until January :)

Apart from some aches and pains (a few more than usual) Sir is ok and cannulation is still going well apart from a couple of times of needing to use a sharp again :rolleyes:

I am starting to have trouble sleeping - Sir are you sure that insomnia is not catching?? ;) I can usually fall asleep for the first 3-4 hours, but then I wake and even when I go pee and am nice and comfy, I have trouble falling back to sleep. Sometimes I am awake for two hours or more before I drop off. It's most common the nights before we do dialysis - I stress still about getting those needles in, even though I have been cannulating Him for 8 months now. My mind switches on and goes round and round in circles....I need to learn how to switch it off *grrr*

Last night I cuddled in to Sir when He came to bed and I seemed to have no trouble going off to sleep....:heart:

Sir seems to have no energy lately :confused: Mind you, insomnia is a BIG problem and I think it might be catching up with Him.
He is having an afternoon nap now. There are times when He just hits the wall and this is one of them. I would rather He sleep when He can - I am used to Him being up at all hours and I tend to wake up when the lights and TV go off :eek:

He is worried that I will get bored being at home all the time. On our non dialysis days He would like to get out and do stuff but His energy levels just won't play. The last two weeks I have gone out alone to do the shopping and whatever else needs doing.

I've told Him I don't mind being home - I can always find a book to read or TV show to watch, and there's always the internet ;) The gym is only a few minutes walk away too. When I lived on a farm in NZ I was at home most of the time, so I am used to it.

P.S. If we stay at home, we can save money too ;) :D

I miss my kids. They're not little anymore (my son is nearly 26 and my daughter is 21) and I haven't seen them since Sir and I got married in December 06.
My daughter was at my son's place today so I got to talk to them both on the phone...happy and sad at the same time, because I miss them...They are both working, busy and happy though which is the main thing.....

Love you kids :heart::kiss::heart::kiss:

Yet more drama....
Sir wanted to dialyse today (Sunday) instead of having the usual two day break because He seemed to be carrying too much weight (meaning fluid). So I started setting up the machine only to have it spring a leak where the bibag fits on to the machine. (This is a powder which mixes with another liquid concentrate to draw out the toxins and excess fluid).

So it was a call to a technician. He arrived two hours later and finally fixed the problem but it meant Sir didn't get on the machine until 3pm. 8 hours later He will finish around 11pm, 30-40 minutes of clean up and disinfecting the machine I will get to bed around midnight, lucky me :rolleyes:

Oh, and I am premenstrual as well....:eek::eek:

We have had a good few days with no dramas so I'm hoping it stays that way *crosses fingers/toes and anything else that will cross* :D

This coming weekend Sir is having a drive at the speedway track in what's known as a "fender bender" - old car with plenty of dents ;) He just wants to bring back old memories of when He used to race, and He's only got one drive in the first heat, but I'm a bit nervous, can't help it even though He says He'll go to rear of field and just drive the car and not race....:eek:

I had a visit from my friend with benefits yesterday afternoon...we had about three hours of talking, laughing, cuddles, kisses and "other stuff".....Sir went out and left us to it cos this is "my time". She isn't involved with Him other than as a friend, same as me with her hubby. Who woulda thunk it, that a sheltered farmer's wife from NZ would be having so much fun in her later years....;) :D :p

We have had a good few days with no dramas so I'm hoping it stays that way *crosses fingers/toes and anything else that will cross* :D

This coming weekend Sir is having a drive at the speedway track in what's known as a "fender bender" - old car with plenty of dents ;) He just wants to bring back old memories of when He used to race, and He's only got one drive in the first heat, but I'm a bit nervous, can't help it even though He says He'll go to rear of field and just drive the car and not race....:eek:

I had a visit from my friend with benefits yesterday afternoon...we had about three hours of talking, laughing, cuddles, kisses and "other stuff".....Sir went out and left us to it cos this is "my time". She isn't involved with Him other than as a friend, same as me with her hubby. Who woulda thunk it, that a sheltered farmer's wife from NZ would be having so much fun in her later years....;) :D :p

LOL what no lengthy post about all my aches & pains after the speedway :confused: No I didn't crash the car just the old body letting me know I'm not a 20yo anymore. Link is a pic taken during the race......

http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=927938&d=1241367512

Even though I was hurting for many days after the race the car owner has offered me several drives next season which I will be doing at least once if not more but still only one race a night.

Your EX was a fool & didn't know how good he had it with you, he never gave you an orgasm either. I encouraged you from the beginning to explore your Bi desires & I'm fine with you enjoying your time with your ladies, it also helps me that I get rewarded when the go home too.

Last edited:
Gil_T2 said:
LOL what no lengthy post about all my aches & pains after the speedway No I didn't crash the car just the old body letting me know I'm not a 20yo anymore.

Sir you did tell me not to post too much about your aches and pains, so I didn't like to say you were like the Tin Man without his can of oil....:kiss:

Your EX was a fool & didn't know how good he had it with you, he never gave you an orgasm either. I encouraged you from the beginning to explore your Bi desires & I'm fine with you enjoying your time with your ladies, it also helps me that I get rewarded when the go home too.

*smile* You know I love you for being willing to share....;) :)

Just checking in, things are going ok at this point in time :)

Sir and I went and got our flu shots the other day, He because His immune system is compromised due to the renal failure and me because if I get ill I will be no use to Him. In fact I have standing orders, I am not allowed to get sick ;) Luckily my immune system has me as healthy as a horse :D

We are also having what I call a "dung out" (NZ colloquialism ;) ) meaning a big clean out and tidy up of our flat. There are two bedrooms but the second one has half of it taken up with boxes of dialysis supplies. We put several things down in the garage and filled two bags of clothing for charity, plus put another lot of stuff in wheeled plastic storage boxes and stacked them up. There will also be several things going out in the next council clean up (due in the next few weeks).

As you can imagine we were both stuffed after all this unusual activity! :D However the spare room has space now (you can actually see the carpet....:eek:) We still have a bit to do but most of that will be done more gradually....:)

I had what I call a "moment" this morning. :(

Sir's insomnia has been particularly bad lately, so His brain wasn't functioning all that well, and I was trying to work out the amount of fluid we would have to get off during dialysis today. It worked out at 2.9 litres but Sir couldn't get where I got the .9 from (87.4 - 85.5 plus 1 litre for drinks and wash back). Cutting a long story short I got upset because He was upset, and I just felt the weight of all the responsibility......tears flowed but hugs and love have made it all right again.

It seems a small thing to get upset over. But we virtually cope with all this by ourselves. Yes we see doctors once a month or so, but most of the time we soldier on alone.

I have seen support groups for carers advertised in the local paper, but they are for the carers of people with dementia. No mention of carers of other people dealing with chronic illness....:( :rolleyes:

I had what I call a "moment" this morning. :(

Sir's insomnia has been particularly bad lately, so His brain wasn't functioning all that well, and I was trying to work out the amount of fluid we would have to get off during dialysis today. It worked out at 2.9 litres but Sir couldn't get where I got the .9 from (87.4 - 85.5 plus 1 litre for drinks and wash back). Cutting a long story short I got upset because He was upset, and I just felt the weight of all the responsibility......tears flowed but hugs and love have made it all right again.

It seems a small thing to get upset over. But we virtually cope with all this by ourselves. Yes we see doctors once a month or so, but most of the time we soldier on alone.

I have seen support groups for carers advertised in the local paper, but they are for the carers of people with dementia. No mention of carers of other people dealing with chronic illness....:( :rolleyes:
:rose: *HUGGS* :rose:

Thanks Kate :rose: I'm feeling better about things now....Sir says I stress too much and I really don't have to, He stresses enough for both of us :)

Thanks Kate :rose: I'm feeling better about things now....Sir says I stress too much and I really don't have to, He stresses enough for both of us :)
Glad you feel better, Bandit! :rose:

Your EX was a fool & didn't know how good he had it with you, he never gave you an orgasm either.
Does your Sir know my ex??? :eek: *giggles*

Thanks God for the good Sir's!! :)

It's been a while so I better post an update :)
Everything seems to be going ok lately, apart from some cramping in the last hour of dialysis. We have put Sir's weight up by a kilo but he's still cramping although not as much. He doesn't want to go up any higher so we're leaving Him at 86kg body weight for now, at least until He sees the renal doctor in a couple of weeks.

It's going to be a busy few days - there's a trip to Sydney Dialysis Centre tomorrow to pick up three months worth of dialysis supplies (more clutter in the spare room!) and a two day speedway Kart meeting way out western Sydney this weekend. I'm not sure how we will handle having to leave home at about 7.30am both days but we will get home in the late afternoons....probably just in time to eat, shower and fall into bed for me! :eek:

Everything seems to be going ok lately, apart from some cramping in the last hour of dialysis. We have put Sir's weight up by a kilo but he's still cramping although not as much. He doesn't want to go up any higher so we're leaving Him at 86kg body weight for now, at least until He sees the renal doctor in a couple of weeks.

It's going to be a busy few days - there's a trip to Sydney Dialysis Centre tomorrow to pick up three months worth of dialysis supplies (more clutter in the spare room!) and a two day speedway Kart meeting way out western Sydney this weekend. I'm not sure how we will handle having to leave home at about 7.30am both days but we will get home in the late afternoons....probably just in time to eat, shower and fall into bed for me! :eek:

:kiss:

I read this thread. You're a strong, amazing lady!

Your slipping my sweet lady, you forgot dialysis Friday & Monday.:eek:

Your slipping my sweet lady, you forgot dialysis Friday & Monday.:eek:

:eek: :eek: Oops so I did - I guess it is such a part of our lives now!

We have a spare room full of boxes again, and still more to come with a delivery of the once-a-month fluid stocktake. The saline (usually two boxes) arrives on a different truck to the bottles of concentrate and a box or two of the powder bags. Why it all can't come on the same day on the same truck I do not know :confused:

A Desert Rose said:
I read this thread. You're a strong, amazing lady!

Thanks ADR, and right back atcha :rose: :)

Gil_T2 said:
BANDIT is a blessing in my life with her love & care, she is also my WONDER WOMAN !!!!!!!!

Love you Sir :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
See I am keeping the mush in my own thread ;)

We survived the weekend but we're both really tired, and Sir has not long come off dialysis which has wiped Him out a bit - it always does after a 2 day break when there is more fluid to come off than usual.

Hey I thought diabetics weren't supposed to have sensitive feet :confused: Sir has the most ticklish feet, even after 35 years of diabetes. He has a bit of a cold and a sore throat atm, so when He was on the machine He asked me to put Vicks on His feet (it's supposed to help and it does seem to!).

Well....I had a Sir laughing and giggling so much He had to bite on His hand ;) It's hilarious, He's like a little kid :D Even the times I bathed Him when He had the vascath in His chest (not allowed to get it wet), when I dried His feet He could not keep still!

Despite the ticklish feet, we thank our lucky stars that He still has feet to tickle :)

Back