Ask a MtF TG a question

All this love in here! Woo, the air's quite musky in here :)

k... being post-op is
Trying on leggings in a shop, then stepping out of the stall to look in the big store mirror :)
Another first that made me feel happy all over :)
( the leggings are cute too )

k... being post-op is
Trying on leggings in a shop, then stepping out of the stall to look in the big store mirror :)

Wonderful!

k... being post-op is

Leggings? Tights? Pantyhose?
Olivia Newton-John?
c9a8f5f7c85c0afa213a19bcc5d6dd54.jpg

k... being post-op is

Sorry to hop in here with this, but maybe soon things will get muskiier. Can you believe this? They go with the prevailing wind. Check this out and maybe look for much more acceptance:

Bishops say gays have gifts to offer church
NICOLE WINFIELD
Associated Press

VATICAN CITY (AP) —— Catholic bishops showed unprecedented openness Monday to accepting the real lives of many Catholics today, saying gays had gifts to offer the church and should be accepted and that there were "positive" aspects to a couple living together without being married.

A two-week meeting of bishops on family issues arrived at its halfway point with a document summarizing the closed-door debate so far. No decisions were announced, but the tone of the report was one of almost-revolutionary acceptance, rather than condemnation, with the aim of guiding Catholics toward the ideal of a lasting marriage.

Bishops clearly took into account the views of Pope Francis, whose "Who am I to judge?" comment about gays signaled a new tone of welcome for the church. Their report also reflected the views of ordinary Catholics who, in responses to Vatican questionnaires in the run-up to the synod, rejected church teaching on birth control and homosexuality as outdated and irrelevant.
The bishops said gays had "gifts and qualities" to offer and asked rhetorically if the church was ready to provide them a welcoming place, "accepting and valuing their sexual orientation without compromising Catholic doctrine on the family and matrimony."

For a 2,000-year-old institution that teaches that gay sex is "intrinsically disordered," even posing the question is significant.

"This is a stunning change in the way the Catholic church speaks of gay people," said the Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit author. "The Synod is clearly listening to the complex, real-life experiences of Catholics around the world, and seeking to address them with mercy, as Jesus did."

The bishops repeated that gay marriage was off the table. But it acknowledged that gay partnerships had merit.

"Without denying the moral problems connected to homosexual unions, it has to be noted that there are cases in which mutual aid to the point of sacrifice constitutes a precious support in the life of the partners," they said.

Conservative groups rejected the report as a "betrayal" and even heresy.

"What will Catholics parents now have to tell their children about contraception, cohabiting with partners or living homosexual lifestyles?" asked Maria Madise, coordinator of the Voice of the Family, which counts pro-life and conservative groups as members.

"Will those parents now have to tell their children that the Vatican teaches that there are positive and constructive aspects to these mortal sins? This approach destroys grace in souls."
For heterosexuals, the bishops said the church must grasp the "positive reality of civil weddings" and even cohabitation, with the aim of helping the couple commit eventually to a church wedding.

The bishops also called for a re-reading of the 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae that outlined the church's opposition to artificial birth control. The bishops said couples should be unconditionally open to having children, but that the message of Humanae Vitae "underlines the need to respect the dignity of the person in the moral evaluation of the methods of birth control."
There has been much talk inside the synod about applying the theological concept of the "law of gradualness" in difficult family situations, including contraception. The concept encourages the faithful to take one step at a time in the search for holiness.

Applying the concept to matters of birth control would be an acknowledgement that most Catholics already use artificial contraception in violation of church teaching. But it would encourage pastors to meet them where they are, and then help them come to understand the full reasoning behind the ban and then adopt it themselves.

Bishops also called for "courageous" new ways to minister to families, especially those "damaged" by divorce. The document didn't take sides in the most divisive issue at the synod, whether Catholics who divorce and remarry without an annulment can receive Communion.

Church teaching holds that without an annulment, these Catholics are living in sin and thus ineligible to receive the sacraments.

The document said these Catholics deserve respect and should not be discriminated against, and then laid out the positions of both sides: those who want to maintain the status quo barring them from the sacraments, and those who favor a case-by-case approach, in which the couple undertake a path of penance.

Pope Francis has called for a more merciful approach to these couples, but conservatives have insisted there is no getting around Jesus' words that marriage is indissoluble.

There have been suggestions that the conservatives were being sidelined, if not silenced, behind the synod walls given Francis' known position on the matter.

Significantly, Francis decided at the end of last week to add six perceived progressives to the synod leadership to help prepare the final document after some conservatives were elected to leadership positions.

Filippino Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle said there had been "ample space" for people to speak their minds.
___
Follow Nicole Winfield at www.twitter.com/nwinfield
10/13/2014 10:20

Again, pardon the interruption.

Peace, love, and maybe more good news to come soon.

w

Last edited:
Errmm, thanks for your post, as anything to do with LGBT matters is of interest to me, but why not post it in LGBT news? I'm assuming you realise that being transgender is not a reflection on someone's sexuality?

I won't hold you to account for the report of news that you've given, but neither can I let it pass without comment, just as I would with any matter raised.

First off, by adding qualification to the ruling regarding contraception in 1968, is the Catholic church moving towards accepting they were wrong or just that it is ok to use contraception now, somehow? Besides, who better to offer advice on contraception than a man without either wife or children?

Earlier it mentions that bishops said gays had "gifts and qualities" to offer, which is kinda big of them - and they should know, since a significant minority of Catholics are closet gays anyway. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/pope-francis-vatican-gay-priests-conspiracy

I like the sound of "law of gradualness". I reckon some politician will hijack that soundbite any day now. I wish we'd had a law of gradualness in Physics - it would have been really handy.

I find the interpretation of all religions duplicitous and manipulative and this is simply more of the same: same product, different packaging. Sorry and all that, but if you dump a huge religious post on this thread you'll get a response. Frankly, if the Pope came out as trans it wouldn't affect my feelings for the church.
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/12/19/op-ed-pope-francis-has-not-made-good-transgender-rights

Last edited:
Errmm, thanks for your post, as anything to do with LGBT matters is of interest to me, but why not post it in LGBT news? I'm assuming you realise that being transgender is not a reflection on someone's sexuality?

I won't hold you to account for the report of news that you've given, but neither can I let it pass without comment, just as I would with any matter raised.

First off, by adding qualification to the ruling regarding contraception in 1968, is the Catholic church moving towards accepting they were wrong or just that it is ok to use contraception now, somehow? Besides, who better to offer advice on contraception than a man without either wife or children?

Earlier it mentions that bishops said gays had "gifts and qualities" to offer, which is kinda big of them - and they should know, since a significant minority of Catholics are closet gays anyway. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/pope-francis-vatican-gay-priests-conspiracy

I like the sound of "law of gradualness". I reckon some politician will hijack that soundbite any day now. I wish we'd had a law of gradualness in Physics - it would have been really handy.

I find the interpretation of all religions duplicitous and manipulative and this is simply more of the same: same product, different packaging. Sorry and all that, but if you dump a huge religious post on this thread you'll get a response. Frankly, if the Pope came out as trans it wouldn't affect my feelings for the church.
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/12/19/op-ed-pope-francis-has-not-made-good-transgender-rights

I don't usually read forums, but had noticed yours in the past, so it never entered my mind to post anywhere else (other than the "inspiration" thread).

Anyway, the Catholic Church has always been against anything to do with sexuality in any form save for hetero sex for procreation, at least officially. The one thing lately that they hadn't commented on as far as I know, is "Stevie" who had married and had two children, then a doctor told him he was a female, and with his family, elected to be female as Stevie.

As humans, we have it as an instinct to seek approval and acceptance. In our modern world of lots of instant news. anything keeping any from that acceptance can have a psychological effect that is adverse, so just thought this would be a good place to post this.

w

PS: Uh, the Catholic Church hasn't really been good at contraception--too many have had women on the side and children by them, including, I think, a bishop lately.

No problemo Wistfall: my issue is with the church, not you :) Sorry if I grazed the messenger with a stray bullet!

To quote you "I'm assuming you realise that being transgender is not a reflection on someone's sexuality"

Funny, that translated in my head as:
I'm assuming you realise that sexuality in not a reflection on someones genderality. :)

AS far as the Catholic Church? Here's what I learned about in The Catholic Church from 9 years of Catholic School:

1. Concussions. (Sleep well Sister Catherine, Sister Ann, you beat me pretty good. I am a better person for it, I forgive you. But you already know that don't you.)

2. Girls.

3. Never piss off the Monsigneur administering the Sacrament of Confirmation.

4. That telling little children that the Bible is the word of God is a non-starter (Since NOBODY has an "original" copy!) and once they get older and get a glance at the actual text? The "older" children come to the realization that the SOME folks that are teaching you about the Bible and say they are devoted to Him, have been lying to you in His name.

5. That people of the Catholic faith, or any faith for that matter, do a TREMENDOUS amount of good in our World, because they have faith, and I wouldn't care to live in World without faith, or people without any.

6. Girls.

7. The management ALWAYS screws up a good thing ;)

Afternoon sticky. Hope thus finds you well and in good spirits.
Spiritually I am just dandy, thanks Mr W

AS far as the Catholic Church? Here's what I learned about in The Catholic Church from 9 years of Catholic School:

1. Concussions. (Sleep well Sister Catherine, Sister Ann, you beat me pretty good. I am a better person for it, I forgive you. But you already know that don't you.)

... /...

7. The management ALWAYS screws up a good thing ;)

Ah and Once a Catholic, always a Catholic eh?;)
Faith? mmmeh.. swap that with Love and I'm with you:)

i call myself a recovering catholic. i'm against all organized religion for me…

i agree with Sasha that much good has been done by people of faith and I would go one step further - much has been done by people with faith without religion. You do not need religion to have faith. People that think people who don't go to church are heathens and going to hell are not people I want on my side anyway.

I myself do my good works directly for the people in need, not through organized religion.

I say take the lessons of Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Ram, Krishna, King, and many many more that preach love and tolerance and embrace that message but sadly, it will never happen.

Well, Now Ur Just Teasing me ! ;)

Spiritually I am just dandy, thanks Mr W

Ah and Once a Catholic, always a Catholic eh?;)
Faith? mmmeh.. swap that with Love and I'm with you:)

I consider myself "Pre-Christian", as in Pagan, as in, for me, faith is the ability to "believe" in something that is incapable of being resolved on this mortal plane, without actual PHYSICAL evidence. If you were to ask me, can I believe in something with only anecdotal evidence? I would have to say, without qualification, YES, I most certainly believe in the Mysterious Hand of the Divine. I just think that whatever "it" might be, and looking at the results of "its" creation, I am sure it doesn't need to leave us "Post-It" notes! ;)

Updates

Everything medically is going ok now, but boy, does it feel like a chore now.
Definitely getting cabin fever at home, but I'm too broke to go clubbing and all me mates are miles away :(
Glad I have silly threads here to keep me in touch with the rest of the world.
Sent off two job applications :)

Last edited:
Updates

Definitely getting cabin fever at home, but I'm too broke to go clubbing and all me mates are miles away :(

Woot!!

Updates

Wonderful!

Updates

Glad it's progressing ... and hopefully you can start to get out soon. What's a girl s'posed to do without clubbing and mates, hey? ;)

:rose::kiss:

A call out to lurking readers

Hey, I found this on YouTube and thought it was a really useful, positive vlog. Dara Hoffman-Fox is a gender therapist and tackles the FAQ "Am I transgender?"
For anyone that browses this thread and has asked that question of themselves, this will be useful. She gives a few reading suggestions and I really liked her style.

Once you've gotten used to her being out of focus but her wall-hangings being sharp :)

http://youtu.be/Oea10Q5tG4Q

PS thanks for the message Tom :rose: Yup - need to be partying!!

Hi,
I saw there was hug giving going on so I popped in for mine too:)

I promise I'll be gentle and not too squeezy... I'm pretty squishy up top too so it's a kind of bumper I guess:D

And speaking about boobs, that's nice about the increase you've seen. Perhaps a hormone balance thing maybe? I just hope they aren't sensitive or anything.

Hehe... I like the theory that it was your Mr Bingly and Mr Darcy blowing you up. Ohh dear... No one told me that having lots of sex would make my boobs grow bigger (you'd think horny teenage boys would have cottoned on to that one) but obviously there must be something to it because as an incorrigible slut I ended up with the DDs whereas my more well behaved sister ended up with B cups.

Sorry to hear it's a boring chore. Yeah, it's the complete opposite of doing it for fun - but hopefully you'll be doing it for fun soon.
I'm really racking my brains for what you can use as a overcoat of sorts to increase the size of Mr Bingly, but unfortunately I don't use a Mr Bingley or similar myself.

But even though I'm always very happy to share more information than you probably want to know, I actually came by to share this rather funny piece from Vice
http://http://m.vice.com/read/the-vice-guide-to-being-trans
My favourite line probably was this:
Rude like the way people ask trans people about our cocks and our cunts as though they were fitted kitchens, or conservatories. (“Sue, tell me, have you had yours done yet?”)

Hey, I found this on YouTube and thought it was a really useful, positive vlog. Dara Hoffman-Fox is a gender therapist and tackles the FAQ "Am I transgender?"
For anyone that browses this thread and has asked that question of themselves, this will be useful. She gives a few reading suggestions and I really liked her style.

Once you've gotten used to her being out of focus but her wall-hangings being sharp :)

http://youtu.be/Oea10Q5tG4Q

PS thanks for the message Tom :rose: Yup - need to be partying!!

Tks a Ka-Jillion! Have an awesome one stick! :)

I actually came by to share this rather funny piece from Vice
http://m.vice.com/read/the-vice-guide-to-being-trans
My favourite line probably was this:
Rude like the way people ask trans people about our cocks and our cunts as though they were fitted kitchens, or conservatories. (“Sue, tell me, have you had yours done yet?”)
Thanks great - I started to have a browse through - it's fun! :) I edited that link too ( one too many http )
Tks a Ka-Jillion! Have an awesome one stick! :)
Glad you liked it - wish I'd have had someone as good as her!
hello Sis!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend. :heart:
Thanks Sis :kiss: OH! I have something for you... hang on
tumblr_ndlxu5NzRQ1rx9ovro1_400.jpg
Like it? :D

Back