Outsider writing for you..?

darkride

Really Experienced
Hi,

I'm a 40 something straight-acting bi curious male, who has a history of enjoying gender swap fantasies since I was in my teens. (Don't consider myself trans, but if I'd been born 20 years later, in a more accommodating world? *shrug* Who knows.)

A story popped in my head, as they do, about a young gay female cross-dresser. She quickly stole my heart as her story unfolded, and I want to write her story down... but, I am not female, nor gay, nor a cross dresser.

(And I am further torn, as I wonder whether I should write her as being trans as I presume there's not a whole lot of trans characters in the world, (capital T?), but - that's not how the back story appeared in my head, so - she's just a gay cross dresser.) (Not that there's a "just" in that - there's nothing wrong with being a gay cross dresser!) (Over thinking things? Who is over thinking things?)

That then all makes me wonder whether, if I do attempt to write this piece, should I write it under a pen-name? I don't know if my target audience for this piece would be gay female cross dressers... I don't ever really think of my audience as anything other than human beings... well, human beings who read English... But, well, if someone said to you - oh hey there's a story about a gay female cross dresser that you might like; and the story is written by a 40-something guy who has no idea about his own sexuality..... Is that a roadblock?

Is using a pen name just deceptive... and would the truth then be worse because I was hiding who I am?

This is why I've lived half my life and never accomplished anything... (Well, that's probably the ADHD / ADD / other letter jumbles)

By the way.... This is not a story I would be publishing on here. Although it definitely features at least one sex scene, it's not about sex...

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a 40 something straight-acting bi curious male, who has a history of enjoying gender swap fantasies since I was in my teens. (Don't consider myself trans, but if I'd been born 20 years later, in a more accommodating world? *shrug* Who knows.)

A story popped in my head, as they do, about a young gay female cross-dresser. She quickly stole my heart as her story unfolded, and I want to write her story down... but, I am not female, nor gay, nor a cross dresser.

(And I am further torn, as I wonder whether I should write her as being trans as I presume there's not a whole lot of trans characters in the world, (capital T?), but - that's not how the back story appeared in my head, so - she's just a gay cross dresser.) (Not that there's a "just" in that - there's nothing wrong with being a gay cross dresser!) (Over thinking things? Who is over thinking things?)

That then all makes me wonder whether, if I do attempt to write this piece, should I write it under a pen-name? I don't know if my target audience for this piece would be gay female cross dressers... I don't ever really think of my audience as anything other than human beings... well, human beings who read English... But, well, if someone said to you - oh hey there's a story about a gay female cross dresser that you might like; and the story is written by a 40-something guy who has no idea about his own sexuality..... Is that a roadblock?

Is using a pen name just deceptive... and would the truth then be worse because I was hiding who I am?

This is why I've lived half my life and never accomplished anything... (Well, that's probably the ADHD / ADD / other letter jumbles)

By the way.... This is not a story I would be publishing on here. Although it definitely features at least one sex scene, it's not about sex...

Thanks for any input.
Intriguing. I think your statement "Don't consider myself trans, but if I'd been born 20 years later, in a more accommodating world? *shrug* Who knows." is the basis of where you might want to begin. Not using those words in your story, but holding on to that thought and developing your story based on your personal feelings, not something you are attempting to be or becoming a person you're not...be you, bring your desires and insecurities into the story, be vulnerable...it's okay to question your desires and what arouses you...there are no rules you must follow, and fuck your audience. Don't play into the need to be accepted. Of course, you want to be read and rated, but personally, I would rather pour my feelings into a story with passion and honesty as that will shine brightly in the end. I attempt to write and maybe I do it well, maybe I do not. My "Girdled" series is somewhat an exploration of my own feelings and questions about seeing myself as Trans, or not...

https://www.literotica.com/s/girdled-ch-01

Intriguing. I think your statement "Don't consider myself trans, but if I'd been born 20 years later, in a more accommodating world? *shrug* Who knows." is the basis of where you might want to begin. Not using those words in your story, but holding on to that thought and developing your story based on your personal feelings, not something you are attempting to be or becoming a person you're not...be you, bring your desires and insecurities into the story, be vulnerable...it's okay to question your desires and what arouses you...there are no rules you must follow, and fuck your audience. Don't play into the need to be accepted. Of course, you want to be read and rated, but personally, I would rather pour my feelings into a story with passion and honesty as that will shine brightly in the end. I attempt to write and maybe I do it well, maybe I do not. My "Girdled" series is somewhat an exploration of my own feelings and questions about seeing myself as Trans, or not...

https://www.literotica.com/s/girdled-ch-01
Thank-you so much for the heartfelt and open reply.

I have never really written for a specific audience, just write the story that pops in my head. I've been published, and have a tertiary degree, so I know I can write well... I'm just generally too much of a dreamer to push through and finish things to have actually made a name for myself. But this story really struck me... and whilst I'm a teen female CD, I hope that experiences I've had in my life, and people I've spoken to, would inform me well enough to write such a story with believeability, sensitivity, and compassion.

Hi,

Thanks for any input.
The fiction stories I write here are driven largely by my hidden, sometimes darker, desires and are ways for me to explore my inner self (especially my inner feminine) in a safe manner. Ultimately, my target audience for my stories is me, with the exception of the challenge stories I've written. In my stories, I wind up exploring my own sexuality and, sometimes, make surprising discoveries. Several of my series have gone places I didn't intend (the characters do tend to take on a life of their own at times). "The Shopping Spree" series is a good example of that, as is "The Last Time We Met." (I'm particularly proud of that one, as I started with the last line and built the story from that).

You may want to consider writing a story or two here about your character, to give you a chance to flesh her out. There's even a category for stories that don't include sex scenes, so don't feel compelled to include them unless they're part of the plot. Literotica is, by and large, a safe space for writers. I've received much encouragement during my time here.

You sound like you have an interesting story to tell. I'm looking forward to reading it.

The fiction stories I write here are driven largely by my hidden, sometimes darker, desires and are ways for me to explore my inner self (especially my inner feminine) in a safe manner. Ultimately, my target audience for my stories is me, with the exception of the challenge stories I've written. In my stories, I wind up exploring my own sexuality and, sometimes, make surprising discoveries. Several of my series have gone places I didn't intend (the characters do tend to take on a life of their own at times). "The Shopping Spree" series is a good example of that, as is "The Last Time We Met." (I'm particularly proud of that one, as I started with the last line and built the story from that).

You may want to consider writing a story or two here about your character, to give you a chance to flesh her out. There's even a category for stories that don't include sex scenes, so don't feel compelled to include them unless they're part of the plot. Literotica is, by and large, a safe space for writers. I've received much encouragement during my time here.

You sound like you have an interesting story to tell. I'm looking forward to reading it.
I look forward to reading a selection of your work.

Back