As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the pollen get you down? It did me as a kid, but I seem to have (mostly) outgrown it. It blew and rained a bit this morning and that crap is all over the ground . . . and I'm going to have to start Lawnmower Season this week. :rolleyes:

Keep your eyes on the weirdos.
I don't suffer from allergies.

My house will be covered with the Ivy soon.

And probably safer.
If you can't get a patient to have a BM, this is a tried and true method that never fails.

A cup of warm prune juice. ( not as hot as coffee but pretty warm)
Add a pat of butter.
Add a dose of MOM.
Mix well.

It tastes like shit (sorry!), but it works. Every time.

They'll poop. That cocktail is known as a Brown Cow. If stool can move at all, it will. It's the FOS patient's best friend.

If you can't get a patient to have a BM, this is a tried and true method that never fails.

A cup of warm prune juice. ( not as hot as coffee but pretty warm)
Add a pat of butter.
Add a dose of MOM.
Mix well.

It tastes like shit (sorry!), but it works. Every time.

They'll poop. That cocktail is known as a Brown Cow. If stool can move at all, it will. It's the FOS patient's best friend.

There's another one that involves warm prune juice, Coke, and MiraLax. I don't remember the exact recipe anymore. It's big in the nursing homes.

Amazing the stuff we'll concoct to get patients to "go." :rolleyes:

There's another one that involves warm prune juice, Coke, and MiraLax. I don't remember the exact recipe anymore. It's big in the nursing homes.

Amazing the stuff we'll concoct to get patients to "go." :rolleyes:
I'm even more amazed that they'll drink it!

Kids, today has permanently changed me. My innocence (what little I had left) is kaput. Gone. Sayonara. Cyanosis. (That's goodbye in any language.)

What has been seen and heard can not be unseen or unheard. I floated to psych today for the first time in my nursing career. I won't go into any details, but suffice it to say, I was amused as hell all day long. I've laughed till I cried too many times to count. I may require therapy to deal with the dreams that I know I'll be having about today.

I wonder if they give an employee discount?

I don't suffer from allergies.

My house will be covered with the Ivy soon.

I get some sniffles sometimes come Spring. This year is about average so far.

Ivy isn't good for the structure, but if you like it, I won't mention that again . . .

until I forget.

I get some sniffles sometimes come Spring. This year is about average so far.

Ivy isn't good for the structure, but if you like it, I won't mention that again . . .

until I forget.
I do like the windows covered. If I am going to stop the ivy, I have to do it now before it's out of control. I doubt that I will touch it.

Kids, today has permanently changed me. My innocence (what little I had left) is kaput. Gone. Sayonara. Cyanosis. (That's goodbye in any language.)

What has been seen and heard can not be unseen or unheard. I floated to psych today for the first time in my nursing career. I won't go into any details, but suffice it to say, I was amused as hell all day long. I've laughed till I cried too many times to count. I may require therapy to deal with the dreams that I know I'll be having about today.

I wonder if they give an employee discount?
Cyanosis! I am going to utilize that goodbye language from now on.

I wouldn't do psychiatric care-- I feel the lunar pull and get crazy. It's so weird.

I do like the windows covered. If I am going to stop the ivy, I have to do it now before it's out of control. I doubt that I will touch it.

Then enjoy it, by all means.

I gather that it's your house. Good for you. Mine's not all that and a sack of chips, but it is mine, and it is home, and the cats approve.

The eyes are incontinent of pain, and it runs like liquid suffering.

They don't make tubes for that.

Mom's retirement party was yesterday. Over 100 people came. She was overwhelmed, and surprised, at all of the wonderful things people had to say to and about her as a nurse. The DON actually cried while she was giving her speech.

I wasn't surprised at all. Now that I've worked with her almost every day for the past 3 1/2 years, I've realized that not only is she a great mom, she's the best nurse I've ever seen.

The most moving speech was given by the parents of a patient who died 20 years ago - they've stayed in touch all this time, so of course I invited them to the party. They talked about how reassuring it was to know that she was looking after their daughter every day, how they had absolute trust in her.

I will be weird working without her, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with her.

My humor for the day: Social workers who don't have a fucking clue. Our social workers do a home visit before we get new patients, then fill out a form to give us some idea of what to expect when the patient is admitted for the first time. I was reading the info for a patient who will be coming in next week. It says that during his last hospital admission he got a Nissan (I'm guessing she meant a Nissen fundoplication, but it's funnier to think that the hospital gave him a car), and went into "skeptic" shock. (Skeptic shock? I find that hard to believe. :D ) Oh, and he's had ADRs to "kedanine" and "Van Gogh." I was laughing so hard I almost peed myself.

Mom's retirement party was yesterday. Over 100 people came. She was overwhelmed, and surprised, at all of the wonderful things people had to say to and about her as a nurse. The DON actually cried while she was giving her speech.

I wasn't surprised at all. Now that I've worked with her almost every day for the past 3 1/2 years, I've realized that not only is she a great mom, she's the best nurse I've ever seen.

The most moving speech was given by the parents of a patient who died 20 years ago - they've stayed in touch all this time, so of course I invited them to the party. They talked about how reassuring it was to know that she was looking after their daughter every day, how they had absolute trust in her.

I will be weird working without her, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with her.

That sounds fantastic. I envy you.

My humor for the day: Social workers who don't have a fucking clue. Our social workers do a home visit before we get new patients, then fill out a form to give us some idea of what to expect when the patient is admitted for the first time. I was reading the info for a patient who will be coming in next week. It says that during his last hospital admission he got a Nissan (I'm guessing she meant a Nissen fundoplication, but it's funnier to think that the hospital gave him a car), and went into "skeptic" shock. (Skeptic shock? I find that hard to believe. :D ) Oh, and he's had ADRs to "kedanine" and "Van Gogh." I was laughing so hard I almost peed myself.

I've put a few people into skeptic shock.

The ADRs for "kedanine" and "Van Gogh" could use some explanation for us non-medical types.

This sounds a lot like reading police reports from the less literate officers. You just know that what they wrote can't possibly be what they meant, whatever that was.

It is funny. I like the skeptic shock the best.

Awwwwwwa I might cry too. She sounds like the bestest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back