Amy Cooper and the scourge of white whining

You seem to be going through numerous gyrations to excuse her actions. She did use the excuse of the closed dog park and her trying to get her dog some exercise. I probably would have done the same in her place. However, any reasonable person caught and called on doing something in violation of the posted rules would have apologized and leashed their dog. She DID NOT have the right to do what she was doing. Mr. Cooper was totally in the right to ask her to leash her dog. The escalation of the incident started there and grew worse by her subsequent actions.

He did threaten her, but HE DID NOT threaten her life. That was a totally false statement from her. Nor did he approach her as I've pointed out numerous times. She was the one who approached him. She MIGHT HAVE BEEN frightened but there is no way that she can be defended for her actions frightened or not. And as I've pointed out, she was the one who was cited. In a "he said she said" incident most of the time it's dismissed on both sides because of the lack of evidence. I'm sure during the investigation the cops watched the video taken by Mr. Cooper and that's what convinced them she was the offending party.

You can believe anything you want. But if you look at that video, read what was said by each party and do so with an unjaundiced eye it's apparent who was the aggressor and it wasn't Mr. Cooper.

Comshaw

Yeah, no.

Mr, Cooper started filming after he had threatened her and attempted to lure her dog to him with a dog treat. Nice trick. Mr. Cooper did something outrageously provocative , and then started filming after Miss Cooper was reacting in an excited manner. Yes, in the moment, she was losing her shit, and made an outrageous comment of her own. She probably became even more unhinged when he started filming her, and she may have considered that to be another provocation/threat. That actually supports the claim that she was frightened out of her mind. And no, all people do not react the same way when they feel threatened.

Basically, I'm simply challenging the OP's assertion that Miss Cooper being frightened isn't credible, and that Mr. Cooper's threat, luring of her dog, and filming her couldn't plausibly have triggered her fear.

I've never had what happened to Miss Cooper happen to me; have you??? Oh wait, of course I haven't; because I'm a man.

*nods*

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...p&cvid=5c6145ab281c413daae63a31f577f6b4&ei=22

Disney+ premieres new National Geographic show hosted by Christian Cooper
"Whether navigating volcanic terrain in Hawaii for elusive honeycreepers, trekking into rainforests in Puerto Rico for parrots, or scaling a bridge in Manhattan for a peregrine falcon, he does whatever it takes to learn about these extraordinary, feathered creatures and show us the remarkable world in the sky above," a release said.

charges against amy cooper, the white woman who lied about him threatening her and indirectly responsible for Christian's exposure to the world of tv, were dropped after she 'completed a psycho-education and therapy program focused on racial equity'.

“Unfortunately, we live in an era with things like Ahmaud Arbery, where black men are seen as targets,” Christian Cooper told CNN at the time. “This woman thought she could exploit that to her advantage, and I wasn’t having it.”

Um,.... I actually believe that Amy Cooper WAS scared out of her mind.

I don't believe she was terrified PURELY because of Christian Cooper's race. Yes, there was likely some conscious/unconscious racial bias, but her size, gender, and isolation, confronted with the size and gender of Christian Cooper(no relation)) and his aggressive tactics used to address her failure to control her dog, were likely equally significant factors in her reaction.

Christian Cooper DID threaten Amy Cooper and her dog. That basic fact cannot be disputed. Christian Cooper admitted to saying he would do something she wouldn't like if Amy Cooper didn't comply with his demands that she leash her dog. He also attempted to lure her dog to him with a dog treat he "just so happened" to have in his pocket.

Amy Cooper was undoubtably in the wrong with her failure to control her dog and follow park rules, but Christian Cooper didn't comport himself any better with his actions in response to Amy Cooper's wrongful acts.

Whether she should have been fired from her job due to her extreme reaction and actions is a reasonable question for the courts to address.

So its a wash. Amy is on a list now. That's what happens when you are a dumbass. The black dude probally knew what was going to happen when he told her to leash her dog. The dog treat story needs a video to prove it.

Back