Adult Consensual Incest (how bad is it?)

Ok, no problem. You can stick with breeding animals if you like, but I prefer women myself. :D

But you do come back to see us when you get some real facts about human beings.

P.S. How big is your herd anyway? :D

Ah, when arguments fail cheap shots prevail.

I am not arguing for or against incest. The argument in this thread, (as in almost every argument concerning incest), is that children born of incest have significantly higher incidents of mutations or birth defects than children born of non-incestuous pregnancies. My point is: if children born of incest do actually have significantly higher incidents of mutations or birth defects than children born of non-incestuous pregnancies, then show me the proof!

Animal research can be invaluable with things such as adverse drug, chemical and cosmetic reactions, but as far as human reproductive and genetic research, it is less than worthless. One of the most common arguments about children born of incest is mental retardation. The human brain is so much more complex than the brain of any other animal on this planet, there is no way any animal research can predict how the human brain may or may not mutate. Only human research can answer that question.

If you are going to try to argue a point, don’t try to scam me with urban legends or irrelevant animal research, and if you don’t want me taking cheap shots, don’t try to scam me.

Show me legitimate research that proves incest causes a higher rate of mutations or birth defects and I will agree that incest is a bad idea. I am not pointing this post at any one person, rather I am pointing to anyone who argues against incest on the grounds that it causes mutations: Show me the proof!

I'm done playing games with trolls who make a mockery of the rules of evidence for their own amusement.

Animal research can be invaluable with things such as adverse drug, chemical and cosmetic reactions, but as far as human reproductive and genetic research, it is less than worthless. One of the most common arguments about children born of incest is mental retardation. The human brain is so much more complex than the brain of any other animal on this planet, there is no way any animal research can predict how the human brain may or may not mutate. Only human research can answer that question.

Well, this only demonstrates that you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Inbreeding does not cause mutations. Mutations are random alteration of the genes, and have absolutely nothing to do with breeding practices.

What inbreeding does cause is that identical genes of the parents are passed on to the children. That works exactly the same way for humans as for any other kind of mammal.

It is those identical genes that in some instances are harmful and therefore can cause birth defects. Thus differences in genetic complexity are absolutely irrelevant in this regard.

Last edited:
I think that like any sex as long as it is consentual between two adults there is no issue with it, however, I am pretty sure there are much higher risks of problems if people related have a child. From what I understand that is the reason the stigma started.

The most recent study (before I even started this thread) says that the environment that coal miners are around results in more birth defects than without this environment.

The study took place where inbreeding was commonplace.
Since it wasn't valid, there will be another study.

Very_bad_man... your post was hot, really hot! Totally turned on, not by the points you made, but by the Big words and intelligent argument. Mind chemistry then physical chemistry makes me squirm! Thanks for posting!

Very_bad_man... your post was hot, really hot! Totally turned on, not by the points you made, but by the Big words and intelligent argument. Mind chemistry then physical chemistry makes me squirm! Thanks for posting!
Is this the one you mean?
There is a reason why most civilizations look at incest as a forbidden act. This has been very much the case throughout history. There are very small instances where it was acceptable. Mostly involving royalty. The very chance that a child could result is enough for me to keep it forbidden.

Inbreeding (Cut and paste)

Incest that results in offspring is a form of close inbreeding (reproduction between two individuals with a common ancestor). Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders. Because most such alleles are rare in populations, it is unlikely that two unrelated marriage partners will both be heterozygous carriers. However, because close relatives share a large fraction of their alleles, the probability that any such rare deleterious allele present in the common ancestor will be inherited from both related parents is increased dramatically with respect to non-inbred couples. Contrary to common belief, inbreeding does not in itself alter allele frequencies, but rather increases the relative proportion of homozygotes to heterozygotes. However, because the increased proportion of deleterious homozygotes exposes the allele to natural selection, in the long run its frequency decreases more rapidly in inbred population. In the short term, incestuous reproduction is expected to produce increases in spontaneous abortions of zygotes, perinatal deaths, and postnatal offspring with birth defects. HM Slatis showed a significant delay in time to first pregnancy in first-cousin marriages as compared with unrelated individuals in the same population. A 1994 study found a mean excess mortality with inbreeding among first cousins of 4.4%. A study of 29 offspring resulting from brother-sister or father-daughter incest found that 20 had congenital abnormalities, including four directly attributable to autosomal recessive alleles.
VBM, where is that from?
You should either give credit to the author or a link to the site you got it from.

There is a reason why most civilizations look at incest as a forbidden act. This has been very much the case throughout history. There are very small instances where it was acceptable. Mostly involving royalty. The very chance that a child could result is enough for me to keep it forbidden.

Inbreeding (Cut and paste)

Incest that results in offspring is a form of close inbreeding (reproduction between two individuals with a common ancestor). Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders. Because most such alleles are rare in populations, it is unlikely that two unrelated marriage partners will both be heterozygous carriers. However, because close relatives share a large fraction of their alleles, the probability that any such rare deleterious allele present in the common ancestor will be inherited from both related parents is increased dramatically with respect to non-inbred couples. Contrary to common belief, inbreeding does not in itself alter allele frequencies, but rather increases the relative proportion of homozygotes to heterozygotes. However, because the increased proportion of deleterious homozygotes exposes the allele to natural selection, in the long run its frequency decreases more rapidly in inbred population. In the short term, incestuous reproduction is expected to produce increases in spontaneous abortions of zygotes, perinatal deaths, and postnatal offspring with birth defects. HM Slatis showed a significant delay in time to first pregnancy in first-cousin marriages as compared with unrelated individuals in the same population. A 1994 study found a mean excess mortality with inbreeding among first cousins of 4.4%. A study of 29 offspring resulting from brother-sister or father-daughter incest found that 20 had congenital abnormalities, including four directly attributable to autosomal recessive alleles.

You are right, genetically speaking incest is a very real risk, but with proper planning as long as it is consentual I don't see a problem.

incest

In my opinion the whole incest thing is very sick and totaly wrong and if you indulge in this you should be in jail castrated and locked in solitary confinement forever, and if you are female you should have your clit removed.

In my opinion the whole incest thing is very sick and totaly wrong and if you indulge in this you should be in jail castrated and locked in solitary confinement forever, and if you are female you should have your clit removed.

Because an adult fucks another consenting adult? :rolleyes: I wish all rapists were castrated. Won't happen though.

As the Stones have said, "You can't always get what you want".

It doesn't matter as it is a moot point. A poitician does not introduce a bill unless there is a public demand for it or a political gain to be made. There is not going to be a group (large enough anyway) that is going to come out publicly, to have incest made legal. That would require your face being plastered on national tv and a stigma that will impossible to overcome. To the second point there is no political gain to be made by introduicing such a bill other than political suicide. Can you see the next campaign, their opponent would be say this is the guy that wants to have sex with a family member. Not going to happen.

Adult Consensual Incest

Adult consensual incest is not bad........from my perspective it can be very loving......the intimacy of mother and son, father and daughter, brother and sister.....immediate family..........It is hard to fully explain.........but the simple act of being one with your closest family member.........is the ultimate in intimacy.......

As long as they dont try to have kids its fine by me . you are an adult in a free country as long as its concentual. Fuck away mom, son, dad, and daughter:). to me then that is no diffarent that condeming me because i am a guy who loves to fuck guys and girls.;)

I am in the process of writing a story about a brother and sister that have a life-long relationship that is loving and supportive as well as sexual. I never had a sister or a brother, but I've always had the fantasy of a sister who could share such a close relationship. I've felt this ever since I was a kid and had a buddy who had an older brother that taught him a lot about sex. I always thought it would be even greater to have an older sister that would do more than just tell you.

Many of the posts have covered the issues of legality and taboo. What we have to remember is that many taboos against sex in the family were because the smarter people in the tribe or culture did indeed know that reproduction within family genetic lines could produce weak and deformed offspring. In those times there were no condoms or birth control pills and effectively, any mating carried the high probability of offspring. It was easier to define the behavior of the population by making taboos punishible by the population itself or some supreme being that would damn you to hell (or some equivalent) if you did it. Even today, many still rely on scare tactics to educate children because it's and easy cop out and also it does takes years for children to develop the ability to reason and use logic to make decisions about their lives.

I am in the process of writing a story about a brother and sister that have a life-long relationship that is loving and supportive as well as sexual. I never had a sister or a brother, but I've always had the fantasy of a sister who could share such a close relationship. I've felt this ever since I was a kid and had a buddy who had an older brother that taught him a lot about sex. I always thought it would be even greater to have an older sister that would do more than just tell you.

Many of the posts have covered the issues of legality and taboo. What we have to remember is that many taboos against sex in the family were because the smarter people in the tribe or culture did indeed know that reproduction within family genetic lines could produce weak and deformed offspring. In those times there were no condoms or birth control pills and effectively, any mating carried the high probability of offspring. It was easier to define the behavior of the population by making taboos punishible by the population itself or some supreme being that would damn you to hell (or some equivalent) if you did it. Even today, many still rely on scare tactics to educate children because it's and easy cop out and also it does takes years for children to develop the ability to reason and use logic to make decisions about their lives.

I know that for hundreds of years that they also thought that if you were not of pure blood that you could not inharet the throne or the hi office to witch your family ran. So brothers would fuck there sisters for and aire to the throne. Like on Gladeator with russel crow. So some of the taboo was also directed to over throw by breading . But like i say concenting adults doing concenting adults then the law should say out of it its sad to think our government has to get in to our bedrooms. where do we draw the line. the only exception is when its underage and nonconcentual sex. other than that tis each to his own.:)

According to Wikipedia, it's legal in New Jersey as long as everyone is at least 18.

Anyway, I'm in favor of keeping laws about sex between consenting adults to an absolute minimum, so I don't like your list of extra restrictions. I wouldn't have sex with my blood relatives if we were the last humans on earth, but I see no reason why my tax dollars ought to be spent on harassing people who feel differently. If somebody else wants to screw their family and post pictures on the internet, what harm does that do to me? None.

As to the risk of birth defects - yeah, it does increase it somewhat, but not as much as some people think, especially in just the first generation. If we're not going to prosecute people in general for breeding when there's some reason to think their child will have an increased risk for some problem, I don't see why we should pick on siblings.

Last edited:
I always wondered if the tea party was the result of too many incestuous knock ups. But maybe you're right-- maybe political morons just happen.

Unfortunately, political morons are EVERYWHERE on the spectrum. I've seen more than a few complete imbeciles on video during the Occupy Wall Street protests as well :p

I'm gettin to a point to where I don't even care if two people who are fucking are related or not. I make my own moral values and as far as incest, I don't care much about it.

I know a couple who are first cousins. They have been married well over thirty years...they did genetic counciling, had no red flags...so two children later, they are happy and starting to enjoy grandkids...I don't know about their sex life...but they hold hands walking in public...

incest is such a harsh word. non consensual, pregnancies and long term relationships should be called incest.

on the other hand a little adult fun between family members is just what it is "family fun" no long term "relationships" other then that of the family and no plans on getting people pregnant is good fun times.

Back