Achtungnight Direct Feedback Thread

AchtungNight

Lech Master
Inspired by a similar thread from EmilyMiller-

If there is anything in my stories about which you’re curious, please ask me here. This includes both older and more recent works. I research my projects in depth and have an eidetic memory.

I am not expecting much from this thread, but we’ll see where it goes.

As with Em’s thread, it’s not intended as in lieu of comments, rather if there is something you’d like my feedback on.

It’s not meant to be: “What is Doug Ramsay’s favorite breakfast cereal?” [Raisin Bran Crunch, if anyone cares] more “are you planning to write more about character X?” or “where did you get the idea for plot point Y?”

As with Em’s thread, this is just an experiment. Thanks to all respondents.

Last edited:
I'm ashamed to say, but your stories are some of the many writers here that I haven't dived into yet.

But I'll ask you the standard question everyone ask a writer, (which I really, really hate) where do you get your ideas?

I'm ashamed to say, but your stories are some of the many writers here that I haven't dived into yet.

But I'll ask you the standard question everyone ask a writer, (which I really, really hate) where do you get your ideas?

No shame in the first paragraph. I have a long reading list too.

I get most of my ideas from other media. Thinking about original new spins on older stories. My imagination helps too.

A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination, so to speak.
No shame in the first paragraph. I have a long reading list too.

I get most of my ideas from other media. Thinking about original new spins on older stories. My imagination helps too.

[Personal attack and trolling are against the forum rules for the AH]

Last edited by a moderator:
I may or may not be an attention whore, but certainly here, I can't be considered one. I'm not sure I'd want to know who that whore might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I started the first story on your list because its group sex, but I didn't get too far. Over time I've come to dislike first person in general, but when its for lack of a better term 'fourth wall breaking' and the MC(FMC in this case) is speaking directly to 'me' its a buzzkill.

Doesn't mean the story is bad, just not my style and if I made myself read it I'd be annoyed which wouldn't exactly lead to a fair critique and not your fault it lands outside my preferences as a reader.

Sorry.

Okay, I started the first story on your list because its group sex, but I didn't get too far. Over time I've come to dislike first person in general, but when its for lack of a better term 'fourth wall breaking' and the MC(FMC in this case) is speaking directly to 'me' its a buzzkill.

Doesn't mean the story is bad, just not my style and if I made myself read it I'd be annoyed which wouldn't exactly lead to a fair critique and not your fault it lands outside my preferences as a reader.

Sorry.

It makes no difference to me if you do not like my work. If you would judge it negatively based on one story, you are clearly not the sort of reader I want in my lasting audience. I thank you for your honesty and gladly send you on your way. If you are willing to give other stories I have written a chance, I will accept your feedback. Otherwise… vi via. That’s Italian for good bye.

For those still here- every story I write is different. First person is not a style I use very often. And fan fiction is not my preferred category. It’s just the one in which I have the most stories.

I think if you're after more interaction with your work, first step, turn voting on! Write in categories that receive more readers and write a message back to non-anonymous readers who leave a comment on your work. If their comment means something to you, then let them know! I've had many meaningful conversations with readers who have left thoughtful comments (positive and negative).

I don't care if your stories are first or third person, but that fourth wall thing, talking directly to the reader, isn't a big deal to me. All written work is told to someone, first-person always feels like it's being told to me.

I think if you're after more interaction with your work, first step, turn voting on! Write in categories that receive more readers and write a message back to non-anonymous readers who leave a comment on your work. If their comment means something to you, then let them know! I've had many meaningful conversations with readers who have left thoughtful comments (positive and negative).
How are you conversing with them? Through the comments, as in they come back and check? Or do you try contacting through lit? It seems most readers -and most non author board members-use toss away e-mails for their account and never check messages,

I check messages, and sometimes I don't respond because I don't feel comfortable with something they wrote and don't want them to have my email. But if everything is copasetic, I respond.

How are you conversing with them? Through the comments, as in they come back and check? Or do you try contacting through lit? It seems most readers -and most non author board members-use toss away e-mails for their account and never check messages,
Emails if it's available or direct message on the lit forum. If I care enough about their comment, I'll check their profile and if they have anything written in their bio or any stories of their own, that's usually a good indication that they'll receive my message. Even then less than 50% will respond back to my message. But I do get enough meaningful interaction that makes the effort worth it to me. I've gotten alot of beta readers / editors this way.

I check messages, and sometimes I don't respond because I don't feel comfortable with something they wrote and don't want them to have my email. But if everything is copasetic, I respond.
You write stories here so you're checking for feedback, I doubt most readers do.

I used to try to reply to everything-had a copy paste "thanks for taking the time to message me" for the "that was hot" type, and more detailed if they had something more interesting to say.

I never reply to the ones who want to tell me all about how my story happened to them :rolleyes:

Sad to say I hardly reply at all anymore, just losing interest in general I guess. I've gone through this phase before.

I don't answer that contains any question bordering on, how big are your boobs? Just how do lesbians work doing sex? Or, Are you really a lesbian or just not wanting guys to hit on you? Cause it don't bother me if you like girls, I'll still fuck you. But yeah, some with, You should do this, that, or the other. Or this, that, and the other.
You write stories here so you're checking for feedback, I doubt most readers do.

I used to try to reply to everything-had a copy paste "thanks for taking the time to message me" for the "that was hot" type, and more detailed if they had something more interesting to say.

I never reply to the ones who want to tell me all about how my story happened to them :rolleyes:

Sad to say I hardly reply at all anymore, just losing interest in general I guess. I've gone through this phase before.

You also have waaaaaay more followers than I do. I'm still in the 'happy to get any comments at all' phase of my "career" 😅

After a story has been out for a few days, I usually thank everyone with a comment. Sometimes, I'll respond to something someone has asked. But usually I just say that I'm glad they enjoyed the story and thank them for their comments.

Last edited:
I read the thesaurus once cover to cover, but I found it a bit repetitive, recurrent, recurring, continuous, continually incessantly repeating, and redundant. Also, there was no discernable, distinguishable, or identifiable plot. And the action was absent, nonexistent, dull, boring, and missing. But maybe that's just me.
And I just learned a new word. 😁

Back