Emily Miller’s Ask Me Anything [about my stories] thread

Probably:

4ff17a4eeab8eac661000002
It’s just one way of doing Fourier Transforms.

Em

I agree your blog idea would be infinitely preferable. But I’m not holding my breath.

If this thread becomes too much, I’ll ask @AH_Mod to lock it.

It’s just meant to be an experiment.

Em
Might get more traffic over in the Feedback Forum?

I don't know without any science attached, but I get a vague sense more readers wander through there than in here. We get the dramatic drive-throughs (Stacnash, for example), but the Feedback Forum does get folk who don't appear here (@AwkwardMD and @Omenainen being the major exceptions). Mind you, the threads don't seem to go on very long.

It's hard getting any kind of to-and-fro with readers - a blog function tied to our accounts would be ideal.

Might get more traffic over in the Feedback Forum?

I don't know without any science attached, but I get a vague sense more readers wander through there than in here. We get the dramatic drive-throughs (Stacnash, for example), but the Feedback Forum does get folk who don't appear here (@AwkwardMD and @Omenainen being the major exceptions). Mind you, the threads don't seem to go on very long.

It's hard getting any kind of to-and-fro with readers - a blog function tied to our accounts would be ideal.
I wasn’t looking to so much get people here commenting. More people occasionally clicking on a link from my stories (first one of which goes live tomorrow).

It’s not a great idea, probably, but - despite my great fondness for Lit - interaction with readers is very poor.

Em

I wasn’t looking to so much get people here commenting. More people occasionally clicking on a link from my stories (first one of which goes live tomorrow).

It’s not a great idea, probably, but - despite my great fondness for Lit - interaction with readers is very poor.

Em
FWIW, I have posted stories on 4 other sites. Only ScribbleHub had similar levels of comments (interactivity) with a small fraction of the views (audience), and Scribblehub has decidedly specific... crowd.

FWIW, I have posted stories on 4 other sites. Only ScribbleHub had similar levels of comments (interactivity) with a small fraction of the views (audience), and Scribblehub has decidedly specific... crowd.
I’m sure you are right. The subject matter means that many may be uncomfortable to interact. Or not want to leave any trace (even anonymously).

But - some do - and it would be lovely to have a better way to have two way convos.

Em

Well my first story with a link to this thread goes live around 2am EST. We’ll see what happens.

Em

Back