Come out of hiding thread

There was a Thomas Hobbes anniversary year...um....recently, if I recall correctly ( I might not, I have a poor memory....but there was some...reason it was in the cultural press. I think maybe Malmesbury were talking about trying to establish a philosophy gathering or festival of thought or some such. Malmesbury, his home town, is a beautiful, quietish place.

Id love to visit as quiet plac3s really let your mind connect to locale.

If you google image for 'malmesbury' you get some images of the place. And here is an article about the place (this is a column that focuses on houses prices etc but gives some flavour). Its true not much comes on the market there, I was keeping an eye out for a relative for a couple of years and had to give up as nothing suitable came up at all.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/feb/28/lets-move-malmesbury-wiltshire-womad-dysonz

It is quite pretty, the link was dead but I'm sure there will be few openings as you said

Happy Fathers Day

Thanks to those that are great fathers and wishing happy memories to those of us whose father has passed.

Thank you for this thread. I might get enticed back.

I recently got my fingers burnt on another website by opening up about my situation and whilst I got some good advice, also was disbelieved by some and mocked by others. I hasten to add I haven't seen anything like that in this place, but it has been off putting.

I love reading others' postings on this site. They always seem so much wiser than what I could offer : )

/slips in quietly

hi, im... newly returned? i only posted a little, a couple of years ago, but i read a *ton* and was immensely grateful for the wisdom and experience and sharing i discovered while pouring over the forum. im embarking on some changes in life, remembered the forum, and knew immediately i should be spending time here, even if it's mostly lurking ;)

Thank you for this thread. I might get enticed back.

I recently got my fingers burnt on another website by opening up about my situation and whilst I got some good advice, also was disbelieved by some and mocked by others. I hasten to add I haven't seen anything like that in this place, but it has been off putting.

I love reading others' postings on this site. They always seem so much wiser than what I could offer : )

/slips in quietly

hi, im... newly returned? i only posted a little, a couple of years ago, but i read a *ton* and was immensely grateful for the wisdom and experience and sharing i discovered while pouring over the forum. im embarking on some changes in life, remembered the forum, and knew immediately i should be spending time here, even if it's mostly lurking ;)

Well welcome back all, we do need to come out a bit more and chat, best way to make new friends :)

Completely forgot to even look for it last night. I get up so early for work now that I miss most of the night sky phenomena.

From my dark corner, I reach out, my fingers slipping into the light. They begin to smoke, gray tendrils rising from my skin. Why does the light always burn? I recall, once, hearing about a base tan, but I'm pretty sure that's nonsense. I pull my singed fingers back into the cool shade. Maybe this requires bravery? Maybe I need to step into the light, let it engulf me.

Ms Shhh....

I am the ever quiet observer, yet I am putting myself out in the great wide open right now..* shivers. As I familiarize myself in this expanse my hope is shed my introvert skin some and take in all this vast knowledge. And if so be it kindle some friendships. I also hope to post more than just view, that should help, yes? Take care! ;)

Still hot, but cool front coming thru tomorrow.
Cool enough to make the first gumbo of the season.
Saturday is chicken and sausage gumbo day.

Back