What's your favorite quote?

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Like. A lot.

Okay, two of the most profound quotes I've ever read, both by the same great human being...John Lennon.

Double post!

Mine for today:

Make straight the paths that crooked lie, oh Lord before these feet of mine. - JJ Heller.

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
Woody Allen

(That made me laugh)

The Boxer

All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.

--Simon and Garfunkel

All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.

--Simon and Garfunkel

That's a bit apropos for the outer solar system of my life recently. Funny how something that is very much a truth, no matter how beautifully worded, can still suck ass because it is so true.:rolleyes:

Jane Wagner

"A sobering thought: what if, at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?"

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

I was inspired by the pee quote to share this:

To resist is to piss in the wind....anyone who does will end up smelling.
-Brandon Boyd of Incubus, "Out From Under"

There's also the lyric in my signature as well.

I've posted this one in another thread:

It is not the critic who counts; nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

~ Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919)

I was inspired by the pee quote to share this:

To resist is to piss in the wind....anyone who does will end up smelling.
-Brandon Boyd of Incubus, "Out From Under"

There's also the lyric in my signature as well.

I'm swiping this too.:D

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.

Frank Sinatra - My Way

My most envied t-shirt:
It's All About The Pain:
The ink and jewelry are just souvenirs

(Wonderful shirt for a masochist, IMO)

Sir Noel Coward

"It's discourging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit."

"Our guns don't kill people. Bullets do. Our guns just make the bullets go really fast." —George Nemeyer.

"When you find the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~When Harry Met Sally

Mark Twain

"A man who carries a cat by the tail will learn something he can learn in no other way."

Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
-Douglas Adams

A glow worm is never glum… Because, how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

In the spirit (pardon the pun) of your quote how about these ones:

• Spiritual people inspire me. RELIGIOUS people frighten me.
  • Believe those who speak the truth. Doubt those who "find" it.
  • Do you really think your maniacal "Biblical" ramblings are going to change my beliefs?

Something my father always used to say, but never hit home till just recently.

One who does nothing but wait for his ship to come has already missed the boat.

In the spirit (pardon the pun) of your quote how about these ones:

• Spiritual people inspire me. RELIGIOUS people frighten me.
  • Believe those who speak the truth. Doubt those who "find" it.
  • Do you really think your maniacal "Biblical" ramblings are going to change my beliefs?

Hear, hear!

Back