Old author, new subject

Hi everyone! So as you can probably tell I am new here and I am also writing erotica for the first time. I write many other things (literary fiction, poetry, mysteries, paranormal, creative nonfiction, etc.) so I know every form has its rules. What are the rules here? What should be a part of every good story of this kind?

Thank you!

Last edited:
The basic rules are:

No sex before age 18. This is essential. No flashbacks, nothing except perhaps a bare undetailed statement e.g. 'x had lost her virginity years ago'.
No bestiality (unless the beasts are mythical)
No snuff - killing people for sexual gratification

Hi everyone! So as you can probably tell I am new here and I am also writing erotica for the first time. I write many other things (literary fiction, poetry, mysteries, paranormal, creative nonfiction, etc.) so I know every form has its rules. What are the rules here? What should be apart of every good story of this kind?

Thank you!

I imagine that you've seen the story site. so you should know that your story will go into one of several categories. Each category has it's own requirements. There is an informative article out there on the needs in each category. It's in the HowTo section, I think. Maybe someone can provide a link.

Edit: Here's a link to a description of each category and their needs. This may not be the only one.

Last edited:
A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.

The basic rules are:

No sex before age 18. This is essential. No flashbacks, nothing except perhaps a bare undetailed statement e.g. 'x had lost her virginity years ago'.
No bestiality (unless the beasts are mythical)
No snuff - killing people for sexual gratification
Also, Laurel (site owner and sole story approver) doesn't much like traumatic mayhem.

The CELEBRITY category has rules about who can be depicted fucking but I'm not familiar since I won't write there.

The NO-UNDER-18 rule is the most questioned.

Nobody appearing to be a human under 18 can be in a sexual situation in a LIT story. A 5000-year-old alien looking like a 14-year-old human? No go. Fantasy werewolves, sure. A were-critter transformed into what looks like a 14-year-old human? No go.

But that's about appearance. Some stories approved here take an approach like Tom Hanks' BIG, with a young mind awakening in a mature body, by magic or aroused from coma or whatever. I'm uncomfortable exploiting that loophole.

Underage sex can be reported ("She was a mother at 15") but not described ("His 14-year-old 14-inch horsecock painfully insinuated into her younger depths and beyond"). "Sexual situation" includes thinking about sex, either by the underage subject, or by someone fantasizing about jailbait ("I imagined her just-starting pubic hair").

My advice: Read all the stickys atop the Author's Hangout forum. You'll find most answers there.

Back