"God did NOT create the Universe", says Stephen Hawking.

If

:cool: To which God replied, "enjoy your chair

If Hawking means the god of the Jews in the Old Testament, and of the Christians in the New Testament, he is probably quite right. No god would have the humongous multitude of errors in any book that is supposed to be sacred to him.

I'm not a "believer", obviously, nor an atheist, or even what is called an agnostic. If there's a god that created the Universe, as far as I've been able to find out, she/he/it isn't known to us as yet.

Reading the bible very carefully and objectively can be quite instructive. Learning the history of both the Jews and Chistianity can be more than instructive, at least it is as far as I've seen so far.

w

I think the proselytizing atheist does so so as to remove any religious moral content from society. So that any behavior, no matter how depraved, can be rationalized away. In other words they want to Be like the ISIS folks without having the burden of having to prey 5 times a day.

Ishmael

What a horribly negative thought. Don't you know most people are born with good hearts and minds? IRONICALLY, it is religion in many cases that influences people negatively. Poisons them. For instance, how do people become homophobic?

Recently a parent commented on one of my children. He said, "your son is "good as gold". He went on to provide examples of how kindly he treats everyone and his other beautiful qualities. He then patted me on the should and said "good job". I immediately said, I'm not taking credit for his goodness. He was born that way.

My son didn't need religion to become a good person. He just naturally is. And the thought that without religion we'd all be out doing bad things is ridiculous! I bet the opposite would happen.

In my opinion, religion causes more problems than it solves. I truly believe the world would be a better place had religion never developed.

What a horribly negative thought. Don't you know most people are born with good hearts and minds? IRONICALLY, it is religion in many cases that influences people negatively. Poisons them. For instance, how do people become homophobic?

Recently a parent commented on one of my children. He said, "your son is "good as gold". He went on to provide examples of how kindly he treats everyone and his other beautiful qualities. He then patted me on the should and said "good job". I immediately said, I'm not taking credit for his goodness. He was born that way.

My son didn't need religion to become a good person. He just naturally is. And the thought that without religion we'd all be out doing bad things is ridiculous! I bet the opposite would happen.

In my opinion, religion causes more problems than it solves. I truly believe the world would be a better place had religion never developed.

The operative phrase was "proselytizing atheist."

Ishmael

Back