Breaking up with choking play is hard...

song_bird

Experienced
Breakup advice/confidence needed

I'm dating a guy and we're engaging in a lot of choking, hitting, pain, and bruise play. Both of us are really getting off on it, but emotionally we're in different places. Since I also get off on the control and trust that I give him, my emotional reaction is much more intimate than his seems to be. He is not very forthcoming on his emotions.

He has also joked that he doesn't intend to date me for a long period of time. He laughs when I look upset at this and I don't know if he's just being a jerk or if he's laughing because he's uncomfortable.

I'm already pretty attached so I'm having a hard time telling myself to disconnect from our relationship. I also am afraid that I'll never meet someone who will actually like the same sexual intimacies as I do.

I would love to hear from other people who have successfully disengaged from situations like mine. Encouragement is appreciated!!

Edit to add: There are times when he's very tender. And times when he does open up a bit and comes across as being somewhat insecure as to why I like him so much. These moments make it extra hard, balancing out his sometimes caustic nature/humor. Re-reading my post makes it sound like it should be so very easy...

Last edited:
Well I always think that is better sooner than later, there are loads of people out there with the same tastes as you, thats not the problem, and if you leave him you will morn and be sad but will pass...

You'll find someone with the same tastes as you. It may take time, but don't stay with him for fear that he's the only one you're compatible with.

I always believe a man who tells me I'm too good for him. He isn't expressing insecurities, he's telling you the truth. Plenty of men like rough sex and many will love you as much as they love choking you. The band aid rip off (fast rather than slow) approach works best in situations like this.

As said before, the sooner the better. If you are feeling very connected to him, but getting nothing from him. It may be in your best interest to walk away. There are plenty of men out there with the same sexual interests as you.

It sounds like he is looking for the sexual needs, not so much the emotional needs also. If you have tried to talk to him about all this and he seems to not understand or care, definitely walk away. Give yourself time, and move on then. In the long run, which every way it may go, you will be better for having that conversation.

I always believe a man who tells me I'm too good for him. He isn't expressing insecurities, he's telling you the truth.

Okay, all of the responses so far, and especially this, I need to just keep rereading. Thank you for taking the time to reply! I feel silly about needing to post when it seems the answers are so clear. :)

As said before, the sooner the better. If you are feeling very connected to him, but getting nothing from him. It may be in your best interest to walk away. There are plenty of men out there with the same sexual interests as you.

It sounds like he is looking for the sexual needs, not so much the emotional needs also. If you have tried to talk to him about all this and he seems to not understand or care, definitely walk away. Give yourself time, and move on then. In the long run, which every way it may go, you will be better for having that conversation.

He does seem to care and in fact, I think it bothers him that he doesn't feel as attached to me as I am to him. It seems a puzzle to him sometimes. But yes, THIS. Good advice.

This is so true.

*Hugs*

:rose:

I always believe a man who tells me I'm too good for him. He isn't expressing insecurities, he's telling you the truth. Plenty of men like rough sex and many will love you as much as they love choking you. The band aid rip off (fast rather than slow) approach works best in situations like this.

With the help of some friends, I've managed to not text or call him. This is a very good thing! Of course, even if this positive outlook only lasts for a few days, I'm hopeful that with my friends' support, I can rally through indecisiveness and sadness. Thank you, everyone. <3

Day Three: I really want to text him today. Shit. If anyone has some great literotica stories they've read recently, feel free to post them here. I need some distraction! :(

I'm dating a guy and we're engaging in a lot of choking, hitting, pain, and bruise play. Both of us are really getting off on it, but emotionally we're in different places. Since I also get off on the control and trust that I give him, my emotional reaction is much more intimate than his seems to be. He is not very forthcoming on his emotions.

He has also joked that he doesn't intend to date me for a long period of time. He laughs when I look upset at this and I don't know if he's just being a jerk or if he's laughing because he's uncomfortable.

I'm already pretty attached so I'm having a hard time telling myself to disconnect from our relationship. I also am afraid that I'll never meet someone who will actually like the same sexual intimacies as I do.

I would love to hear from other people who have successfully disengaged from situations like mine. Encouragement is appreciated!!

Edit to add: There are times when he's very tender. And times when he does open up a bit and comes across as being somewhat insecure as to why I like him so much. These moments make it extra hard, balancing out his sometimes caustic nature/humor. Re-reading my post makes it sound like it should be so very easy...

You're doing the right thing. Your post really cuts close to home as they say. I was in a relationship for four years. Although I was the male, I was much more emotionally invested than my ex girlfriend. I loved choking her and menacing her in our sex-play/rape-play. She loved it too but looking back I think she was doing some degree of it for me. It was a hard decision to end it and even harder to execute staying away, not calling, not emailing, etc. Its been a year now and I feel much better about the decision, about me, and feel my decision was the right one for both of us. You have my empathy and I am cheering you on. I feel certain, that many of us here on literotica have gone through what you are going through with this now. Anytime you want to talk, please PM me. I wish I didn't know how it feels, but I know how it feels. Warm compassionate "you are not alone" hugs.

You're doing the right thing. Your post really cuts close to home as they say. I was in a relationship for four years. Although I was the male, I was much more emotionally invested than my ex girlfriend. I loved choking her and menacing her in our sex-play/rape-play. She loved it too but looking back I think she was doing some degree of it for me. It was a hard decision to end it and even harder to execute staying away, not calling, not emailing, etc. Its been a year now and I feel much better about the decision, about me, and feel my decision was the right one for both of us. You have my empathy and I am cheering you on. I feel certain, that many of us here on literotica have gone through what you are going through with this now. Anytime you want to talk, please PM me. I wish I didn't know how it feels, but I know how it feels. Warm compassionate "you are not alone" hugs.

Thank you seems inadequate for this sensitive and caring note. Thank you. *hugs*

I have many things going on in my life right now and it's overwhelming to have this hanging over my head. And yet, if I think back to when I was a bit younger, I had a boyfriend to whom I was even closer. I survived that breakup. We were even handfasted and I survived it. The hardest part right now is not communicating. I'm so very open that not talking it over with him is heart breaking. But I'm trying to relax and just let it go. It's not my decision anymore. I don't need to worry about it.

Back