GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terra_Cide said:
Yeah, just the thought that I'd roll on top of my child has me too afraid to try attachment. We will probably keep her in our room for the first few weeks though. I'm planning on also getting something like a small couch with a hideaway bed or one of those chaise lounges that convert to a twin bed for the baby's room too, in case one of us needs to be with her we have a place to rest too. :)
*hugs* Love ya Terra. :heart:
I really reccomend the attachment thing, it brings the whole family together nicely.... It will have B being more of a participant too......it cultivates a deep connection with the child that helps out later. Grin...I won't badger you. Read up on it. We carried it to the point where we never put our child in daycare he was always with me or her and rarely with an aunt of grandmother even.. We staggered our jobs to continue this. In our case it payed off in a big way, he has a type of autism that would have been more severe but for our attachment parenting. It lessoned the effects of his condition...for instance...usually a child with Aspergers has a hard time making eye contact...he does not, and interacts more than a typical Aspie. We are hopeing we can make him more socially adaptable to compensate for his lack of social skills, which will give him more positive feedback from his peers and people in general.

AussieAngel said:
A big warm hug and kiss for you Gi. You are sounding happy. i hope you really are.
Laughing *warm hug back at you*....I am in a better place than a few weeks ago...I still have anxiety attacks but they only occur when I ruminate about what needs to be done.
Some of my happiness is occurring from just being me and the postive feedback I get being me. I was a failure as a male because I was not a male.....in otherwards I am letting go of conditioning that I had trying to be something I am not.. so there is a serenity that happens as I become more wholesome and loose my sense of discomfort with myself.

Minouners said:
Hugs back... how are you Gi?
I am fine thank you:rose: , putting off going to work....grin. Although I have to admit I am superb at my job and am becoming quite smug about it......I still have panic attacks going to work, but once I settle into what I am doing I forget to worry.

Minouners said:
tsk tsk tsk... you have to stop hanging out with people who are confusing you sweety. I don't think it's healthy lol

I think it's a sign for you to move to Canada :p

Hope things start clearing in that head of yours! :kiss: :heart: :rose:

it probably isnt healthy, but whats a girl to do. i guess i'm a sucker for punishment. life would be boring if there was no confusion.

if i moved to canada i would want a girl. if i cant get one here whats to say that i'd get one there?

Aussie and Mins, you have a wonderful day....or evening in your case Angel.
I am off to work...well maybe I will play a little guitar before......just a little....
:kiss: :kiss: :heart: Have a nice day everyone.

AussieAngel said:
it probably isnt healthy, but whats a girl to do. i guess i'm a sucker for punishment. life would be boring if there was no confusion.

if i moved to canada i would want a girl. if i cant get one here whats to say that i'd get one there?
Well with a negative attitude like that... it's going to be hard to find anyone at either locations...

You should maybe start reading on self help books... but that's only a suggestion... I just want the best for you. :kiss:

Hello everyone, apologies for not being about for a few days, have had some trouble in other parts that have taxed my time and patience with Lit, I know all are welcome and the Vibe is a safe haven to all but I didnt want my dirty laundry aired here too...:eek:

mark197205 said:
Hello everyone, apologies for not being about for a few days, have had some trouble in other parts that have taxed my time and patience with Lit, I know all are welcome and the Vibe is a safe haven to all but I didnt want my dirty laundry aired here too...:eek:
No worries. I find web life much easier now that I no longer pander to internet community politics and pettiness. It's a philosophy that has now crossed over into my personal life too. :cattail:

I personally feel compelled to post hear at least once a week, if only to entertain those who find my preggo ticker entertaining. :D

dizzylia said:
Hi, all. I'm back from Colorado, safe and sound. Mostly. :rolleyes: But more on that later. I hope all is well.
Welcome Home, Diz!!! Have missed you and your words of wisdom, Girl! How was it? Details! Pictures! Video!!!! ;)
Minouners said:
I'm leaving... don't need this anymore.
Let that be your mantra and take care of you, {{{Min}}}
Night_Jasmine said:
I've missed everyone though.
Missed you too, {{{Jas}}} and never worry about being "fit company" I'm one of those friends in low places that Garth often sings about! :D
Minouners said:
I still have that imagine in my head and it's hard to shake off.... I feel like crying some more.
:heart: Be gentle with yourself
mark197205 said:
I know all are welcome and the Vibe is a safe haven to all but I didnt want my dirty laundry aired here too...:eek:
Just leave your dirty laundry at the door... we won't mind your dangly bits as it is for such theraputic reasons! :D
Seriously {{{Mark}}} You are loved... the heck with your linens. :kiss: So do you have plans for the weekend?
My big question day is fast approaching... Just a little more than 48 hours now.

AA, I understand in a lot of ways. For me, it's like it won't matter because people are going to see my outside and not give a damn that I have a personality that is beyond that. Honestly, it's hard to become optimistic but Min is right. You and I both need to be more positive. You have friends here that'll help kick ya in the arse when you need it and to give hugs and cuddles when you need those as well. As far as religion, I'll say this. If it's confusing and causes you grief - abandon that path and find something that suits you as far as your developing life style and inner you. Life has enough stress - 'religion' should not add to it. :kiss:

Min, honey - I think you're right. It's time to leave that SO. If he gets angry enough to punch something, it means that you could possibly become a target later. Sweetie, living in fear of a person isn't healthy for you either. *hugs tight*

Mark, we're always happy to see you and as long as the dirty laundry helps you, air away. Either way, you're a dear and enjoyable to talk to here. I hope the stresses fade for you so that you can take time to enjoy things. :rose:

Terra! *hugs for our mommy to be*

Gia - *huggles*

Annie,

I guess. There's times where if you can't stand to be around you due to mood, then inflicting it on others isn't good either. It's just been a stressful week. Problems with structure between my contract agency and those actually working in call centers - causing stress because they know agents like myself are going to be taking over and the centers closed. Ont op of that, too much rain. We had a thunderstorm last night and my vonage box got barbecued. No work until Friday, since that's the day the new box is due to arrive.

On top of that, there's some personal issues. A bittersweet disappointment in one thing. *sighs*

mark197205 said:
*big warm hugs* :heart::heart: If we don't air dirty laundry I will have to be quiet. *looking around* I don't want to see any looks of relief at the prospect. Stern look.... speaking of looks, I can do both gentle and fierce....I learned to look crazy and fierce....grin...it intimidates bullies. I used to use it in college, they used to see me working out with my nunchuks, I was pretty good at my prime, a few head bashes make for a short learning curve(helped me with my Attention Deficit Disorder....focus....focus....focus....OW!). So they assumed that I could fight.....so I would give the look and look really mean....this is where absurdity comes in.......I am very much the opposite.....but they believed the projection that I was presenting, big guys who could shred me into little pieces...it is my eyes.
they always left me alone and got out of the way. Of course I was young and buff then.......and playing my male role to the hilt(shudder)....slap me and I am likely to cry......giggle...actually I will look incredulous and ask why you did it.

See attention deficit..... Mark we are your friends... You are a part of this thread:heart::rose:. Nuff said...*looking around sternly*

Terra_Cide said:
No worries. I find web life much easier now that I no longer pander to internet community politics and pettiness. It's a philosophy that has now crossed over into my personal life too. :cattail:

I personally feel compelled to post hear at least once a week, if only to entertain those who find my preggo ticker entertaining. :D
Yeah, we like you a lot:kiss::heart:, and we like it more than once a week. In fact we are moving in.:D Baby will have lots of Aunts and Uncles. Shhhhh! Don't tell B. We will surprise him.

Anniejustagirl said:
My big question day is fast approaching... Just a little more than 48 hours now.
Oh my god yes.....your day...how exciting :heart: :heart: :) Eep! my moms birthday too....need to get a card....

Night_Jasmine said:
Annie,

I guess. There's times where if you can't stand to be around you due to mood, then inflicting it on others isn't good either. It's just been a stressful week. Problems with structure between my contract agency and those actually working in call centers - causing stress because they know agents like myself are going to be taking over and the centers closed. Ont op of that, too much rain. We had a thunderstorm last night and my vonage box got barbecued. No work until Friday, since that's the day the new box is due to arrive.

On top of that, there's some personal issues. A bittersweet disappointment in one thing. *sighs*
I totally relate to that, Jas... but i'm also a Firm believer in sharing the good times to double the joy and sharing the bad times to halve the troubles. And yet... there are times when i cannot break down my own barriers to follow that advice. Not scolding you... just 'giving you permission' which isn't my right to do either! :rolleyes:

I've been on the other side of that situation... being displaced by outsourcing... that's life and the people that got my job needed it too. Hopefully they will not let it burden them too long and take advantage of the situation by improving their lot. I certainly am feeling optimistic tonight. *chuckle*

You haven't had much luck with hardware lately... either on the business side of things or the personal... hoping this means that you have reached your quota of bad luck and will now be moving into the profitable end of the spectrum.
Gi_Venus said:
Oh my god yes.....your day...how exciting :heart: :heart: :) Eep! my moms birthday too....need to get a card....
It's also the anniversary of Sue and Susan... two great friends. Hope they can make it this weekend.

Our one-year anniversary is actually the 3rd of July. P mentioned it for the first time in a long while tonight. Will call a nice restaraunt tomorrow and try for reservations. Neither of us has to work the holiday. A rare treat!

*HUGZ* Get a nice Sappy card and make sure you give Mom a big ole hug! *eg*

Night, night, Vibe

I hope you're right on the bad luck thing, Annie. *sighs* And it seems that a long time friend of mine is pissed at me and I have no clue why. I haven't seen her in a few weeks online. I've emailed her, no response. I'm still trying. I don't want to loose her as a friend.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I can take before I snap.

Good morning everyone! :D

Today is one of the best days in my life. I found out yesterday that I got the govt job and today is my last official day at this shit hole :D My manager came in and was very mad and demanded I stay til next friday because it was too short noticed. I looked at her and told her NO. lol It was awesome, one of the best feelings ever! EVER! haha She tried coaxing me and I flat out told her that I wasn't going to jeopardize my chances of having a great job because I need to stay an extra week. Told her if she needed to ask questions, to either call me or e-mail me but that I wasn't coming in.

I know it might sound rude on my part, but you guys have no idea how much I truly hate (yes hate) this woman. Bottom line, I'm not giving this place as a reference so I really couldn't care less. I just feel like dancing :nana: I truly feel 100% better now and I honestly believe things will start looking up from now on. If I'm still not happy, I know from process of elimination who's left... and in case you guys don't know what I'm talking about, it's my SO lol

So big hugs all around and I hope my being all positive and cheery gets sent out your way and that you feel the energy and beauty!

Love you all and thank you for being there for me no matter what! :kiss: :heart: :rose:

Mood: fanfreakingtastic couldn't be better! :D
Music: radiodanz.com
Undies: green! woot!

Night_Jasmine said:
I hope you're right on the bad luck thing, Annie. *sighs* And it seems that a long time friend of mine is pissed at me and I have no clue why. I haven't seen her in a few weeks online. I've emailed her, no response. I'm still trying. I don't want to loose her as a friend.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I can take before I snap.
I so detest when that happens... you drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what happened and when you do finally find out it often makes no sense at all.

I will keep good thoughts for you that it is mended quickly... can't have you snapping, it can be painful *HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
Minouners said:
My manager came in and was very mad and demanded I stay til next friday because it was too short noticed. I looked at her and told her NO. lol It was awesome, one of the best feelings ever! EVER! haha She tried coaxing me and I flat out told her that I wasn't going to jeopardize my chances of having a great job because I need to stay an extra week.

So big hugs all around and I hope my being all positive and cheery gets sent out your way and that you feel the energy and beauty!
Score a big huge one for Min!!!! There is no other kind of satisfaction quite like being in a position of power over someone that has abused the crap outtaya is there?!?!?! :devil:

Tough not to feel it Min... hope it continues for you!

My friend's gall bladder surgery went well. She called this morning after she woke up. She still won't be able to join us Saturday which is sad, but we will stop in and visit with her at some point during the day. She too important to both P and i to not see her and let her know how things went.

Getting the plans finalized and i think i have the menu pretty much set... reservations are made for our Tuesday night 1-yr anniversary. Yeah, things are going pretty well.

Miss everyone... hope lezli isn't working too hard... hope Mark is working hard enough... wonder what Neon has been up to lately... and Tiff? Also, i could use a guitar serenade. ;)

Grand thoughts and more chocolate:kiss:es to all! Later taters

*hugs Annie* Yeah, I'm trying. She still hasn't responded to my email at all. Good luck on the proposal!

Min - CONGRATS!!! I knew you could do it!

Terra_Cide said:

Thank you Terra, unfortunately this net stuff is also personal, hence the dirty nature of it... *sigh*

I find your preggo ticker to be an absolute hoot, I want to know who writes them...:D

Anniejustagirl said:
Welcome Home, Diz!!! Have missed you and your words of wisdom, Girl! How was it? Details! Pictures! Video!!!! ;)

Let that be your mantra and take care of you, {{{Min}}}

Missed you too, {{{Jas}}} and never worry about being "fit company" I'm one of those friends in low places that Garth often sings about! :D

:heart: Be gentle with yourself

Just leave your dirty laundry at the door... we won't mind your dangly bits as it is for such theraputic reasons! :D
Seriously {{{Mark}}} You are loved... the heck with your linens. :kiss: So do you have plans for the weekend?

LOL, Annie I so needed that laugh, but I'm still gonna spank ya for it.... :p

No plans for the weekend at all, unless you count not getting flooded plans.... ;)

Night_Jasmine said:
AA, I understand in a lot of ways. For me, it's like it won't matter because people are going to see my outside and not give a damn that I have a personality that is beyond that. Honestly, it's hard to become optimistic but Min is right. You and I both need to be more positive. You have friends here that'll help kick ya in the arse when you need it and to give hugs and cuddles when you need those as well. As far as religion, I'll say this. If it's confusing and causes you grief - abandon that path and find something that suits you as far as your developing life style and inner you. Life has enough stress - 'religion' should not add to it. :kiss:

Min, honey - I think you're right. It's time to leave that SO. If he gets angry enough to punch something, it means that you could possibly become a target later. Sweetie, living in fear of a person isn't healthy for you either. *hugs tight*

Mark, we're always happy to see you and as long as the dirty laundry helps you, air away. Either way, you're a dear and enjoyable to talk to here. I hope the stresses fade for you so that you can take time to enjoy things. :rose:

Terra! *hugs for our mommy to be*

Gia - *huggles*

Thank you Jas, your far too kind.. :rose: :kiss: :rose:

Gi_Venus said:
*big warm hugs* :heart::heart: If we don't air dirty laundry I will have to be quiet. *looking around* I don't want to see any looks of relief at the prospect. Stern look.... speaking of looks, I can do both gentle and fierce....I learned to look crazy and fierce....grin...it intimidates bullies. I used to use it in college, they used to see me working out with my nunchuks, I was pretty good at my prime, a few head bashes make for a short learning curve(helped me with my Attention Deficit Disorder....focus....focus....focus....OW!). So they assumed that I could fight.....so I would give the look and look really mean....this is where absurdity comes in.......I am very much the opposite.....but they believed the projection that I was presenting, big guys who could shred me into little pieces...it is my eyes.
they always left me alone and got out of the way. Of course I was young and buff then.......and playing my male role to the hilt(shudder)....slap me and I am likely to cry......giggle...actually I will look incredulous and ask why you did it.

See attention deficit..... Mark we are your friends... You are a part of this thread:heart::rose:. Nuff said...*looking around sternly*

You can wield nunchuks? *awe*

Thank you sweets, for everything. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back