As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I survived being in charge. I begged the supervisor to throw out my sloppy unit report sheet, that I handed in 2 hours late.
 
I just went wandering through the android app store and found a bunch of free EMS programs. I was looking for some stuff to review EMT material. Just because. But I was surprised at how many apps were out there.

So I figured this group would probably know about a lot of them and could help me skip the duds and go to the gems.

Any hints?
 
I just went wandering through the android app store and found a bunch of free EMS programs. I was looking for some stuff to review EMT material. Just because. But I was surprised at how many apps were out there.

So I figured this group would probably know about a lot of them and could help me skip the duds and go to the gems.

Any hints?
I used to have lots of apps on my phone but I never used them. I only keep the medical math calculator now. We should study!
 
It’s never been easy but sometimes it is hard. The deal is life and limb, and the good outcomes keep me going back for more, and the bad outcomes just keep getting stuffed into a closet. I can’t clean out the closet and put those bad outcomes into a give-away box because nobody wants that.

This is why blowjobs are important—it’s all about 100% goal achievement, good out-cums.
 
i have a funny nurse story for you janey.

the other day i took a good friend to the dr's office for his appt. he's an older man with lots of health problems, so i go with him to his appts to make sure he gets what he needs. we were back in the office, and the nurse was taking blood, then started to explain to him how she needed stool samples. she explained it to him for about 5 minutes, the whole time he was just looking at her quizzically. when she finished, he said he didn't quite understand. i told him she wanted samples of his bowels. his eyes lit up and he got a look across his face. he turned to the nurse and said, "you're one of those nasty ladies, aren't you? asking an old man for his poop. dirty, nasty lady. you'll take my poop, but you won't let me take you out to dinner. i see how you are." it was great.
 
That is awesome of you to help him. :heart:

I love old people, and when they say the crazy things it's even better. That is pretty wild of him to say that, I'd probably be a little shocked. :eek:
 
That is awesome of you to help him. :heart:

I love old people, and when they say the crazy things it's even better. That is pretty wild of him to say that, I'd probably be a little shocked. :eek:

Sometimes you say things just because you might never get the chance to use that line again.

About 30 years ago I was going to see a matinee movie with another officer I knew who was also working swing shift. When I got to the theater, I found he'd brought a date with him. A married lady. So when we got up to the ticket booth I said "Two adults and one adultress."

And I was right, I've never had the chance to use that line again. 8)
 
Remember how we learned to drive on ice in the empty parking lots fish tailing and whirling donuts? Good times.

Also it could be worse- I could be the night nurse.
 
"You're the only nurse that takes care of me right."

Uh-oh
One phrase strikes fear in my heart even worse than that one. When a patient who knows you is rolled into the OR, sees you scrubbed in, and says, "Oh good! You're scrubbing on my surgery! I know everything will be ok."

Fuck! Jinxed!
 
One phrase strikes fear in my heart even worse than that one. When a patient who knows you is rolled into the OR, sees you scrubbed in, and says, "Oh good! You're scrubbing on my surgery! I know everything will be ok."

Fuck! Jinxed!
Right? It was not easy today.
 
A week of vacation. Aaaaah. No plans except NOT going to work. :D

It hasn't been an easy week - influenza hit our patients hard. I'm glad to be away from the gown-and-mask routine for a while.
 
A week of vacation. Aaaaah. No plans except NOT going to work. :D

It hasn't been an easy week - influenza hit our patients hard. I'm glad to be away from the gown-and-mask routine for a while.
We had another Acinetobactor. I refused to help pull, turn or wash this week any isolate because I was too afraid to cross contaminate the fresh post operative. :(
 
We had another Acinetobactor. I refused to help pull, turn or wash this week any isolate because I was too afraid to cross contaminate the fresh post operative. :(

We have a rule that people taking care of the new post-ops can't also take care of patients with certain infections, so that's good. We have no post-ops right now though. By the end of the month we'll have three with brand new spinal fusions. I always feel bad for those kids - our PT and a few of our nurses have a big issue with not wanting them "addicted" to pain meds, so will start weaning them to plain Tylenol at 3 days post-op. 3 days?!? I had a pretty minor wrist surgery and took Vicodin for a week!
 
Oh? What happened?
I forget what the clinical term for the situation is but there is a psychosocial dynamic that may happen with the nurse-patient relationship.

There was a dysfunctional family, a severe injury, anger, loss of control, and me: the nurse. The atmosphere was slipping into something easy and familiar to me, something that also soothed my personality, but is not necessarily optimal for recovery.

I may have been the ‘favorite’ but what are the boundaries? It has been a challenge balancing the level of control and appropriateness.

It was exhausting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top