Single Author Flooding BDSM?

I love how someone who hasn't posted in a year and a half suddenly shows up when their name is mentioned....

Is there some type of e-mail alert when a person is referenced? Seriously, I've seen it happen many times.

Regardless, great to see a genuine top author post here.

GA was one of the first authors I read here, her Allison series rocks.


Maybe she was passing by. She has been mentioned before too.

Very few authors have managed to entice me solely with their Erotica and Angel is one of them. I like her stories especially for the Erotica. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :eek:
 
Thanks for the warning. The Winter holidays contest starts the 10th, and I have three for that and one this coming Sunday and two related ones for the Sunday after that--so six in the next two weeks. *smile*

You're def going to pass me then =P premature congratulations! lol

And yeah... I got a heads up that my name came up and I checked it out, partly cuz hey... my name came up! and partly cuz I had no idea what she meant by my "number" lol. Now I do! It was very educational =)

And... wow guys. *blushes* I always love getting compliments, but it really does mean that little bit extra to be getting it from other writers. Thank you all so much!
 
Near as I can tell, some BDSM is non-consent, some is not. This query is directed at LC. Not being negative, just wondering how you distinguish between them.
 
Right now my story is #1 on recently popular I am number one on the 24 hour list, #2 for the week and #3 for the month.

Not that you're blowing your own horn out of one side of your mouth while still looking for every excuse to claim I do that so you can blow that out of the other side of your mouth. :D

Congrats on the success, anyway. In your dreary life you need to celebrate every evidence of it that you can. Last November you were trumpeting here that you were quitting your warehouse job to write full time. Maybe thinking of doing so this year too? Although maybe this year you won't bother trumpeting that intention here on the forum in case it doesn't happen again. ;)
 
Near as I can tell, some BDSM is non-consent, some is not. This query is directed at LC. Not being negative, just wondering how you distinguish between them.

Simple answer. All bdsm regardless of taste and limits is consensual

Safe sane consensual are the three rules.

If there is no consent. ..you have rape.

What most don't understand is. ..the sub or bottom...

Really has control in a true d/s relationship and If people who read this truly know the lifestyle they understand that point completely.
 
In terms of the legitimate BDSM community setting, you would be right. In terms of the broader world, there is a much larger umbrella that includes some non-consent (just read Man With A Maid for example).
 
The elements of BDSM are acts. They can be applied in a full range of acts (in writing as well as real life.) Once someone gets tied up, you've got bondage. It's a simple act that doesn't have rules or even "correct" methods (in fact, fun Lit. stories would be ones where they were trying it and got it "wrong"). Once you act out drill sergeant in a sexual encounter--and your partner accepts a subservient role, you are in an act of discipline. Same with getting off on giving physical or mental pain (sadism) and getting off on receiving physical or mental pain (masochism).

These folks insisting there are rules to it are just tin-horn megalomaniacs, who don't want to accept that their little clubs are as isolated and freakish as they are and that they have no cache on BDSM outside their little clubs.

The writers among them are just jealous that others are making good money on not accepting and applying their rules and they aren't.
 
In terms of the legitimate BDSM community setting, you would be right. In terms of the broader world, there is a much larger umbrella that includes some non-consent (just read Man With A Maid for example).

And the story you referenced would be rape porn.

Look, forget BDSM....if anything is non consent, its rape pure and simple.

Let's do this, say you write a story. Two men pull a woman into a room, lock the door and rape her. No consent, they rape her.

Does that story go in.....group sex, because there was three people? No, its non consent.

If there is non consensual sex out there, real world we are talking now....its called rape and sexual assault and is a crime.

BDSM is all about consent, at least in the modern era, if you want to go back to Desade....things were different.

But there are no non consent BDSM sects out there or non consensual swingers or furries or any other "kink"....how would they work? "Hey we just raped you, buts um, its called BDSM so, uh, don't tell anyone."

Non consensual sex is a crime. Period. Its not a sect, its not a fetish, its not BDSM.

As long there is consent the only limits in any type of sex is what the two (or more)partners agree upon. If there is no consent....

Again its rape.

I have to admit I cannot believe this would need to be explained. If you know someone who said they were involved in "non consensual bdsm" call the damn cops for them.

And not that its worth mentioning but I've been a member of a "sect" one where no one ever knew anyone's real name. One I had to travel for and was it extreme?. Oh, hell yeah it was, I still have some scars to prove it.

But was there ever one single moment of non consent?

No.


I'm done with this topic

Unlike Pilot I do not feel the need to prove myself to anyone here or to be seen as "right?

Think what you would like. Post what you wish, its a free country and you're free to your opinion.

This discussion brings me to my original point of why I will not associate myself with the BDSM category here.
 
Last edited:
Where is it written that rape can't also be sadism?

nonconsent is a cop-out word for rape to begin with.

Funny how my saying you can't set rules for others on something comes around to me being the pushy one. :D
 
What I mean by porn is a story focusing purely and solely on the sex acts, the bondage, the spankings/canings....with nothing leading up to.

As I said, true BDSM games begin and are enjoyed int the mind. Its not stroker material or shouldn't be.

But....I guess it depends on the mind.:rolleyes:
In my mind, I am hardly aware of the mind games. Or possibly, I don't know how to put them into words. For SM is nearly completely physical. This makes me a poor match for many potential partners, I know. Them's the breaks....
Near as I can tell, some BDSM is non-consent, some is not. This query is directed at LC. Not being negative, just wondering how you distinguish between them.

Some BDSM fiction is non-con, some not. Non-consensuality runs pretty deep in the psyche of a lot of masochists, and plays a big part in our formative fantasies. There will always be BDSM non-con fiction written.

IRL, we all of us really like the idea of not being maimed and killed for the sake of getting laid, yanno?

And thus, the vast majority of BDSM practitioners have arrived at a consensus; No matter what the activity is, prior consent is the thing that identifies and defines BDSM. Informed and prior is even better.

And what a relief THAT was! Pilot mentioned being a drill sergeant in one's own mind, and that is what kept me sane for dog's years. Having a set of commonly accepted ground rules made a lot of difference.

For me as a writer, I always include consent. Even if the character never gets free again, they are in the know from the beginning. I don't think it has to detract from the porntasticality one iota.
 
I don't think I'd write any BDSM without (ultimate) consent, at least, either.

That still doesn't constitute "rules" for anyone else writing it.

Bondage, for instance--the act of tying up and the B in BDSM--is no less bondage with or without consent.

And I haven't seen an argument on why rape (which I think "nonconsent" is integral to) can't also be an act of sadism.
 
I haven't written anything yet involving BDSM and no plans to do so in the foreseeable future, but thanks to our "resident expert on everything" I have a good clue of how to identify BDSM when I see it.

To borrow from the infamous Rod Serling:

Presented for your consideration and approval, tonight's episode where we once again venture into...The Pilot Zone!

Watch with me as we see a narcissistic author do whatever it takes to tie up one thread after another by making one post after another across multiple threads and forums, virtually each one designed with the intent of "making it all about him." A perfect example of bondage I would think, even if I do say so myself.

As he moves along, a sudden change occurs when he begins spanking other posters with the Chicago Manual of Style or constantly slapping people in the face with "most prolific author" and "most popular author" and "7,283,199 stories in my file" as if he were the second coming of Danielle Steel. Classic discipline fixation.

Then we see him step to the dark side and begin to get his erections by verbally degrading anyone he views as "beneath him" as a writer or not up to his standards of "sophistication" as a reader. Great pleasure seems to come to him from inflicting pain via sleazy attacks on personal lives, along with the eventual orgasm from humiliating a forum newbie that has dared disagree with his words or failed to kiss his ring and ask for permission to post. Textbook sadism if it ever existed.

The final act in tonights morality play is one step even further in the darkness and probably the least understood trait of this person...the apparent orgasmic thrill he gets by refusing to change his ways and ends up having the roles instantly reversed as pain and humiliation is heaped back in spades on his virtual bullying and condescending wordsmithing by people who are the fuck over it. Dear audience, can you spell: masochism?

Thank you for tuning in tonight, and please join us next week when we again ask for your approval on a story of an amatuer erotic Hemingway-wannabe, that should have known better than to post this episode for public viewing...but just couldn't stop himself. :D

.
 
I don't think I'd write any BDSM without (ultimate) consent, at least, either.

That still doesn't constitute "rules" for anyone else writing it.

Bondage, for instance--the act of tying up and the B in BDSM--is no less bondage with or without consent.

And I haven't seen an argument on why rape (which I think "nonconsent" is integral to) can't also be an act of sadism.

I used to write non-con/reluctant BDSM, but honestly that was before I really understood what BDSM was about. I suppose rape could be an act of sadism, but at the heart of BDSM is submission and the acceptance by both parties of what is happening. It's about trusting the other person, which, obv, can't happen with rape. However, rape-play can be an integral part of BDSM / forced fantasies, etc. Now, whenever I write stuff with a non-con bent, I try to make sure that it's in that category or that I give people a heads up at the beginning of the story, because I don't really consider non-con a part of BDSM, although BDSM can be a part of non-con.
 
Some BDSM fiction is non-con, some not. Non-consensuality runs pretty deep in the psyche of a lot of masochists, and plays a big part in our formative fantasies. There will always be BDSM non-con fiction written.

IRL, we all of us really like the idea of not being maimed and killed for the sake of getting laid, yanno?

And thus, the vast majority of BDSM practitioners have arrived at a consensus; No matter what the activity is, prior consent is the thing that identifies and defines BDSM. Informed and prior is even better.

And what a relief THAT was! Pilot mentioned being a drill sergeant in one's own mind, and that is what kept me sane for dog's years. Having a set of commonly accepted ground rules made a lot of difference.

For me as a writer, I always include consent. Even if the character never gets free again, they are in the know from the beginning. I don't think it has to detract from the porntasticality one iota.[/QUOTE]

Porntasticality.....interesting word you've coined. :devil:

Anyway, a relevant distinction, between the fiction and RL, of course. I meant the fiction, but I should have clarified that.

Because people do have this instinct for self-preservation that keeps most folks from wanting psycho shit done to them in real life, as you say. Though some folks' instincts are sometimes lacking. But that's another issue for another thread.
 
Back
Top