"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Being hit hard by a gun was not fun. I mean … after the hits during the cell phone switch I was not looking forward to more hits. Luckily, Ria was following my lead and started to mess with these guys. I watch as they hit her in the hall way. Wow … these guys were hitting pretty hard. Assholes.

I tried to help Ria, got another SMACK in the back for it. That did it … it was payback time … soon as Ria said “NOW” Both of us went crazy on these two jerks. Most guys can take me in a fight … I’m not a great fighter … but I was pissed and committed to action. It was surprising how that really made a difference. The fight was over in 30 seconds … We dragged the guys into the “gangbang” room and locked the door.

Ria was busy tying people up and I was busy untying the two girls. The first one whispered her name “Lt Skilowenky” I said “what?”

“Lt Ski” she answered.

the other girl was black and her name was “Sgt Washington”

Both were in bad shape. I moved back to the main door into the room.

Ria said “Do that. Do call the boss. Billy and Fred are bound against the door and we are beside it. With their guns. So if some of you are so stupid to shoot your way inside, you'll kill Billy and Fred. Cassie and I would kill a lot of you before you get a change to kill us. If you kill us, you are without hostages and my men won't hand you any food because they would be busy killing the last of you sorry lot, because they won't miss all the shooting that will be going on here and assume you killed Cassie and me. So, go tell the boss your hostages have hostages and the situation is still the same just a bit in Cassie's and my favor."

There was some kind of discussion outside the door but we could not hear what they were saying. Then there was silence.

Ria looked at me and said “Oops, that can’t be good.”

Outside

2 of the guns pointing out of the windows suddenly disappeared.

Inside

5 minutes later the old fart was near the door. I could tell it was him from his hick-like accent “Ya Bitches … better come out … with your hands up … if you know what is good for you’ll”

I said “FUCK OFF ASSHOLE”

The old fart yelled back “I'M GONNA KILL YA, BITCH, AND YOU'RE LITTLE NAZI FRIEND!” and then there was an explosion and the door flew off the hinges and knocked both Ria and I onto the ground. There was smoke everywhere I could not see more than 2 feet in front of me. I heard some gun shots, I did not know who was shooting who.

As I got up, out of the dust and smoke I saw a shotgun barrel pointed right at me. Then the really old fart was there grinning wickedly.

“Don’t move … ” He said as I froze. He walked closer. “I wish I had time to kill you real slow like … Like I did some of the others … but watching your face as ya know ya are going to die … will just have to do.” He said as he was right next to me now. There was no way he was going to miss me.

“Open that whore mouth of yours and start sucking off the end of this shotgun, I want ya to deep throat it … CUNT” he said.

I move my hands up to grab the gun like it was a cock and he said “NO HANDS”

I opened my mouth and started to lick the end of the shotgun, licking around it … teasing it … being extra sexual with it. Trying to buy some time … maybe Ria or guys from outside would show up and save me, but the really old fart would have none of that.

“Suck It!!” He ordered me. I knew as soon as I sucked on the end of the shotgun he was going to blow my head off. So I opened my mouth as wide as I could and started to get near the end … and then as quick as I could I kicked him in the balls so hard I heard his balls make a popping noise.

“UGGGHHHHH” is all he grunted as I grab the shotgun and yanked it from his hands. He fell to the ground holding his balls. I did not pause … I pointed the shotgun an inch from his face and pulled the trigger. It blew his head off …wow what a mess … it was gross.

“Now that is what I call a “money shot”!!” I said as the smoke started to clear … the two girl hostages looked at me like I was insane, not knowing me yet. I reached down and grabbed some ammo from the headless old guy. There was shooting everywhere now … and I did not see Ria. I went over to the hostages “Let's stay here for now …” I said as I pointed the shotgun right at the blown off door.
 
Last edited:
Seeing Deacon understood my signals I was relieved, seeing the familiar face of Hunter I was relieved as well. Hopefully an over watch position was in place to snipe these bastards, suddenly hearing a muffled explosion inside the Armory and a gunshot afterwards. My blood boiled with anger and fear Ria and Cassie were dead, I couldn't wait much longer as patience just wasn't something I had much of.

Fidgeting in my hidden vantage point my fingers clenched and unclenched around my 1911 hand grips. Taking off my braves cap to wipe sweet from my brow, removing my jet black wayfarers tucking them into a pocket. Putting my cap back on and pulled it down tight, shit! c'mon let's fuckin git into this damn Armory already. Obviously I muttered this under my breath, being it wasn't a good idea at all giving my position away.
 
Last edited:
TROY

The Restaurant
Afternoon

I figured that I should get the dogs used to patrolling the grounds, so I grabbed a couple of sandwiches from the kitchen and headed out to establish a perimeter. This wasn't as easy as it sounds. There were no fences for me to follow and I had to judge just how far to go out. Finally I settled on following the main road around the winery and then a small track down to the end of the first series of vines before heading down to the road again and walking back towards the winery completing my circuit. This wasn't ideal territory to defend. The vines surrounding us provided too much cover even though the paths would direct them into nice easy firing lines. The tall trees on the edge of the property also cut line of sight so we had no way of knowing what was coming up or down the road and I was not going to post someone out there.

As I was making my way back towards the winery I began to hear screams and the sounds of chaos. I ran towards them the dogs hot on my heels and we burst into the restaurant to see a scene of carnage. 3 of the old people lay on the floor, dead, their bodies looked like they had been ripped apart. Several others lay around with severe injuries and as I looked one of them (a young member of staff) bled out on the floor and died. The screams were coming from the kitchen area and I rushed towards them. What I saw shocked me. Stephanie was covered in blood and throwing herself at the doors that had been barricaded from the other side, and several faces looked through the small windows at her screaming each time she hit the doors. As I burst in she turned from the door and looked at me. Her face was just as covered in blood as the rest of her and the look in her eyes could only be described as feral. She saw me and started running at me. My training took over and with a quick command I sent Anubis to attack her. Immediately he sprang into action and launched himself at her easily bringing her small frame down and latching onto her arm and dragging her backwards. Stephanie was spitting and still trying to fight and get at Anubis, seeming to ignore the injuries being done to her arm. Sighting with my handgun I put a single bullet in her head and watched as her brains splattered all over the floor painting it red. Calling Anubis back I signalled the all clear to the people behind the doors.

Mrs Brady came out first looking shocked and when she saw the body she hastily looked away. From her I learned that Stephanie had come down for lunch looking very pale and sweaty, but had insisted that she was alright. Her mother, brother and Odette were staying upstairs. She had begun eating in a corner by herself and then suddenly flipped out attacking the older couple sitting near her. At first no one knew what was going on, but their screams soon alerted people and most rushed away while one of the young waiters tried to stop her. Thinking of how she looked and then of what she said about her brother and Odette I quickly took off for the living quarters of the Thomsons. We could have two more Zombies on our hands. Bursting into the room with my pistol drawn I found a surprised Maddy sitting in a chair reading. Through an open door I could see the two children lying in bed Pale and sweaty but sound asleep.

Maddy looked at the drawn gun and then at me. “ Is something wrong Troy?”
I decided to give it to her straight. “Maddy I don't know how but it seems that the children might have been infected with whatever turned all those people into Zombies.”
Maddy's hands flew to her face in horror as she turned to look at the two sleeping forms, then she turned around and looked out the door. “Stephanie,” she asked quietly.
I shook my head. “I'm sorry. She went mad and started to attack people downstairs. She killed at least 4 people and injured several others that will probably die as well. I'm afraid she is dead.”
Maddy nodded in understanding but tears began to roll down her cheeks.
“This isn't the best time to do this either Maddy but I have to put someone in here to watch those two as well. We can't have the same thing happen again. Hopefully it won't, we have no idea how this thing works but we can't take that chance.”
Again she nodded and I said I would send someone right up. This was not turning out to be a good day.
 
Ria

Inside the armory


After I had seen what the bastards had done to those two young women I was seething.

Cassie stood beside me when I finished my little speech. Billy started to moan a bit. The men outside talked with each other very quietly and went away. This was not good, since now I had no idea what they were thinking or planning to tell the boss.

I picked up one of the guns. Luckily the principal design of guns hadn't change since I fired the old rifle of my granddad. I still remembered how he told me to not press it against my shoulder while aiming and shooting but to only base it against my shoulder. I leaned against the wall beside the door, searching the safety and trying to find out how I had to put a new magazine in. I just thought I had figured it out when the boss appeared on the scene.

“Ya Bitches … better come out … with your hands up … if you know what is good for you’ll”

Before I could respond, I winced, because Cassie did.

“FUCK OFF ASSHOLE”

Which he didn't do. It seemed he couldn't handle opposition very well, because he yelled he would kill us. I thought this fascinatingly stupid. He surely wouldn't kill us. He knew he would be without hostages then, and he knew the Knights outside would or disappear or fight him and his men. He really must be halfwitted if he thought Cassie and I would feel threatened now. We had hostages of our own, and this he knew also.

I opened my mouth to remind him of this fact and got punched against wall to my side. He had blown the door and killed his two men! I still had the gun and shot into the cloud of smoke before me from my hip; the gun braced against the wall I was still slumped against. I never took the time to aim, just fired. All this noise was going to attract zombies, I knew it. They would have heard the explosion. My ears were ringing from it, my firing only added to the ringing. Still I kept it up. I hoped the guys outside would think of the zombies ...

My eyes burned like hell. My lungs too. I noted I coughed like a chain smoker in the early morning. I clenched my eyelids shut a few times, then tried to peer through the smoke. I held my breath. That helped against the coughing, but not against the burning. My t-shirt. I pulled at the seam and covered my mouth and my nose with the fabric. I had to keep my head in an uncomfortable angle to keep the fabric from slipping back down, but breathing seemed a bit less arduous and I could suppress most of my coughing.

I couldn't see Cassie.

Suddenly I saw the boss come out of the slowly thinning cloud. Nobody else. Only him. he headed directly into the room and I sneaked out behind him, following the walls until I felt a hole and something big and soft under my feet.

The corridor was filled with smoke and dust also. More so than the room had been because it was much narrower in here, I thought. I heard voices behind me. Dim. Inaudible. Still I moved out into the corridor, my back pressed against the wall. My right foot found something soft again. I lifted it, and slid it over the obstacle. I wondered if one of the marauders had stood to close to the door. My left foot followed and I shoveled along.

We were at the far end ... My right elbow found the next wall. And my ears heard coughing. Right in front of me, low at the ground. I used the gun to prod. The coughing changed tone as I prodded something soft. With my left hand I reached out and groped some fabric. I pulled upward. Circled around the figure I could only very dimly make out. A man. My foot felt something hard. I ducked and grasped it. A gun. The figure started to slump down again. I prodded him with the gun and he moved up again.

I decided to go back. I had a new hostage now.

"Move on along the wall," I croaked. "Shovel. There is a corpse somewhere. Move!"

We made it back to the hole. I could see a bit more now.

The room was almost dust free.

"Cassie!" I croaked. The relief I felt was immense. She had a gun too. And one was lying on the ground. I kicked it to the two women.

"Do you know how to use it?"

"Ria! Your head! You are bleeding like a ..." Cassie ran over to me. I held up my hand. Handed her my second gun.

"We don't have time, Cassie. We need to get out. Or to an other room if they (I nodded towards the two women) can't walk. There must be some more men in the corridor. We need them. Hostages. Their boss is nuts! Where is he?"

There was more I wanted to ask or tell her, but a coughing fit stopped me.
 
Deacon

I pushed the two crates of "food" into view, all weapon I had on me was the knife and in my pants' pocket the jar with napalm and the matches. The AR-15 I had left behind the APC, let them think that it was with Cramer, my back itched as I moved into the clearing, if those two behind me decided to shoot, I'd be an easy target. But I made to a few feet from the door, it cracked open and two new people came out, guns trained on me. I leaned on the handle of the trolley,

"Those guns aren't really needed are they? We're here to do a friendly exchange, two crates of food for the two women."

I nodded to the building behind them,

"Seems like you're doing some decorating in there, everything alright?"

"Everything's fine. How did the food get here so fast?"

I shrugged,

"There's three more in the APC, they radioed for the food to be brought. We're not that far away."

A grunt was their response,

"Give us the trolley and after we checked it we'll send the women out."

I shook my head,

"Do you think I'm stupid? There's just no way that you can convince me that you'll stick to your word. This is an exchange or are you busy raping the women and are now playing with time to get your peckers wet?"

I could see that was kind of what they had going on inside or at least what they thought was going on until the explosion.

"OK let's see the food and then when we open the door, you can get the women."

In no usual circumstances would I have given in, but I knew that for now Cassie and Ria was nowhere near the door. But I nodded and let go of the handle, one of the men took hold of it as the other peeked under the lids and saw the food. Satisfied the two backed away, I turned and walked back towards the APC, I heard the door open, confused outcries and with a smooth motion I pulled the napalm from my pants, lit the "fuse" and hurled it at the guys on the roof, breaking into a run for the APC.

Shots rang out, bullets whined passed me, I ducked and weaved, but it wasn't really needed, the napalm exploded right over the snipers' nest. Instantly screams of agony filled the air as the cohesive flames fastened to the two men, lighting them up. Though it wasn't completely the plan, the newcomer whom I did not know, depressed the button on his walkie and the resulting explosion threw me forward against the side of the APC.

'Too much explosives'

The thought brought back the reason for my scars and I looked up, dazed and a little bit confused, there was no front to the building left, the only things that had withstood the blast was the reinforced pillars. I dragged myself to my feet and just then the burning form of one of the snipers fell from the roof, his scream ending with a sickening thud. I held my left shoulder and rolled it a bit, it was sore from the impact with the APC,

"Well boys, time to rock and roll."
 
Explosion at the armory

The explosion ripped open the main entrance to the building. There were two stunned men that reached for their weapons, trying to get ready to repel the Deacon, Derry, Cramer, and Hunter. Someone took them out before they move a foot.

On the roof, more guns appeared and started to shoot down at the 4 (Deacon, Derry, Cramer, Hunter). But someone else started to shoot at the roof people. This made the roof snipers very ineffective. As they stopped shooting at the people below and focused on some grain tower across the street.

There was two important exceptions to this … Someone peeked over the edge of the roof with an Anti-tank missile and aimed it at Cramer’s location. The second was the two guys headed out of the motor pool and tried to sneak into the APC. If they got a hold of the flamethrower … that would be bad.

Inside the Armory

There was this REALLY big explosion and then there was shooting and yelling everywhere. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” I asked Ria.

“The rescue team!” She said excitedly.

“Sound like the demolition team to me!” I said.

“Same thing” she giggled “let’s see if we can help!”

Sgt Washington and Lt Ski … had guns now and were ready to help. Both had been reservist and knew how to fire weapons. They also knew more about clearing buildings full of bad guys then Ria and I. Well, that was not totally true I had gone through training with the SWAT team … with Officer Bart. I died a bunch of times … but after a bit, I got the hang of it.

Still I ask the Lt Ski. “What is the best approach to clearing the building?”

“There is a whole army manual on that. You want me to tell you that now?” She answered sarcastically.

“Summarize it” I suggested

“Well … first physically you will have increased blood pressure, heart rate, and blood flow to major muscle groups. This can cause you to lose you balance or not shoot well. Just be aware of it.

Second, you need to be mentally prepared. Control your fear, it is normal, and everyone experiences it. Do not let it overpower you. Channel it into anger or aggression. Remain in control, and you will be fine. Have confidence in yourself.” She said. I looked at her … I said nothing … but that was what I had been doing with my “gun toting cassie” thing and I did not even know it. Turn fear into anger or aggression … have confidence in yourself. Anyhow it was kind of cool I was following an Army manual and did not even know it.

“What about the actual clearing part?” I ask

“There are a bunch of different ways … the key things to remember are be extra observant, BE SILENT, clear every room and don’t get into each other’s line of fire.”

“Ok let’s do this …” Ria said and Ria and I went out into the hallway first. There was more shooting and shouting but it was coming from both directions. We went away from where we came in … and headed in the opposite direction. We leap frogged so two of us were pointing guns and the other two moved silently. It was working great, until suddenly there were two guys that came out of a stairwell.

There was a shout of “GET THEM!” and the guys started shooting at us. Ria and I had been moving and Washington and Ski were pointing their guns. Shots were fired and the two guys were dead. But that sound caused the sound of boots running and approaching us.
 
Last edited:
Watching Deacon carry the explosive rigged food to exchange for Ria and Cassie, seeing the fools take the bomb Deacon threw the Napalm. Burn fuckers burn I said under my breath with a wicked grin, plunging my ears awaiting the explosion and boom! The concussion rocks the 6 by diesel truck I was behind, sprinting to the right of hole in the wall. My 1911 was held up in a two handed shooters grip, I lean over to see into the Armory it looked like hell.

Stepping into the smoldering ruin of what was the front, three men lurch to their feet as I fire 4 shots. I drop them where they stood, crouched low I keep cover as I reached a doorway. ''Ria?!...Cassie?!...It's Cramer ya'll alright?! Leaning around the door frame poised to fire, hearing a female voices It was hard to tell if it's them. ''Alright any of you bastards that took our friends...I brought backup you give up or it's going to be hell to pay!''

My answer was gunfire and I cut loose aiming at muzzle flashes, the booming report of the 1911 could be heard outside. I'm rewarded with the sound of deep grunts, and two bodies drop with a thud. I peer through the smoke and its Ria bleeding and coughing, Cassie in right beside her with a shotgun aimed. ''Woah Darlin it's me Cramer...C'mon let's git ya'll the hell outta here.''

They said something about the old mans crazy, and out of the smoke with them are two women. Feeling a little sick realizing what the probably suffered, changing a clip I put the empty in my back pocket. I put in a fresh clip and draw back the slide, locked and loaded we keep low moving out. Keeping my voice low in just in case the wack jobs were close, we just kept moving quietly to the outside.
 
Last edited:
Ria

Rescue in the armory


The four of us moved forward slowly after I had used some of the cable binders on the guy I found in the corridor. Cassie had asked Ski how a building should be cleared. The answer was a bit too sarcastic to my taste, but the summary Cassie asked for was very enlightening. We had been doing it since last saturday: We had remained in control and channeled fear into anger; we had been confident in ourselves and we had channeled all that into being a community which took care of each other on top.


“There are a bunch of different ways to clear a building… the key things to remember are be extra observant, BE SILENT, clear every room and don’t get into each other’s line of fire," Ski told us. Instead of telling her we knew that, had seen it in numerous films, had done it several times while getting supplies and were good at it I just told them we should do it. I pulled my shirt over my face again and headed out into the corridor with Cassie.

It seemed the Knights had blasted away a part of the building and more smoke and dust were drifting our way.

We made our way carefully, checking doors, peering into rooms. Most were offices, some storage. No people inside. No in the corridor also. I seemed the men the boss had brought with him or died when he blew up our door, or fled when I started to shoot, or were hit by me.

All went well until we came up to a stairwell and two guys coming down the stairs. Ski and Washington took care of them but the shots drew attention to us. Running hard three guys came towards us. They started to fire as soon as they saw us, but since their guns bobbed up and down they didn't hit us. The floor, the ceiling, but not us. Cassie got the one lat the left, I the one at the right, Ski and/or Washington the one in the middle.

''Ria?!...Cassie?!...It's Cramer ya'll alright?!" A bout of coughing stopped me from answering Cramer, but I motioned the others to move towards him. More shooting sounded. Since it came out of the direction Cramer's voice had come from, I supposed he was firing.

'Woah Darlin it's me Cramer...C'mon let's git ya'll the hell outta here.''

Cassie lowered her gun, I gasped for air between coughs and a few seconds later we passed what had been the main doors and I was able to fill my lungs with clean air. I froze. What I had been anxious about the whole time since the first explosion inside, had happened.

"Close the gate! Derry, Hunter, for God's sake close those damn gates!" My last words got lost in more coughing but they looked behind them. As did Cramer. He and Cassie started to fire at the zombies already inside the gates, taking them out quickly. I shot at those close to the gates.

"Stop shooting!" I called out when Derry and Hunter closed the gates. Cassie stopped, but Ski and Washington kept firing at the zombies. "Stop it! Your guns are too loud! You'll only attract more of the things!" Ski looked mean at me while she kept the fire up. Washington stopped.

"Stop it!" Not only I, but also Cramer and Cassie called out.

"Why?" Ski said.

"Because gun shots attract zombies!" I explained impatiently.

"I think I am the highest in command around here. I'll take care of you. Washington, fire!" Ski commanded. I really could have done without this.

"Ski, I am one of the elected leaders from the people who rescued you. You have no power over us," I said suddenly tired. "It seems we have a lot more experience with the zombies than you. We are safe behind the fence. It is sturdy enough. Now stop shooting so that Cassie can use her flamethrower and Deacon some of his firebombs to set some alight. That will do. Derry, you bring Ski and Washington to the tank. Stay with them please. Hunter, Cramer, you come inside with me. Cassie, Deacon, you follow us as soon as you have some fires burning please. If we are done with cleaning the building, Cramer, you watch out from the roof while the others load as much as we can in as many vehicles as possible."
 
I watch Deacon push the crates of food towards the front doors of the building that Cassie and Ria were being held in. Grabbing my flamethrower, I carefully climbed out of the APC, trying to be invisable. Once outside I put my back up against the wheel and watch as Deacon tries talking some reason into those scumbags. My only thought now was, (If those two fire at Deacon, that will be the last thing on this planet that they do.) I get my flamethrower ready, my body is tighter then wire as I focus.

I could hear them negotiating back and forth...my lip curled as I listened...fingers ready! Then Deacon let one of them take the cart, pulling it inside, as he walked back towards me. My eyes widened as he pulled his napalm out of his pocket, lit it and threw it up at and over the roof. He started running, I stood up ready aiming up with the flamethrower. Bullets whizzed around Deacon, then the napalm exploded.

I heard the screams and saw flames everywhere, grimly I smiled when a huge explosion at the front of the building brought Deacon flying into the side of the APC. I was at his side in an instant,

"Deacon...are you OK?"

He got to his feet, smiled and said,

"Well boys, time to rock and roll."

Nodding my head, I followed closely behind him as he made his way to the front of the building. It seems like all out war to me now, gunshots coming at us from the roof and what used to be the front doors. But the shots from the building were soon stopped and the roof snipers were busy shooting at someone across the street in the grain tower.

As all this went down, I looked behind and saw two men going for our APC....that was it, (Your going down scumbags!) I ran back, igniting my flamethrower and set those two suckers aflame! As they screamed and ran about, I felt sorry now, but then I remembered Cassie and Ria...my lip curled again as I returned the building. When I got back, the guys were already just inside the broken building and I could hear shouting, a few shots and then Cramer shouted,

''Ria?!...Cassie?!...It's Cramer ya'll alright?!

For answer there was more shots fired, more death, then I see Cassie and Ria through all the smoke, before Cramer says,

. ''Woah Darlin it's me Cramer...C'mon let's git ya'll the hell outta here.''

I run in and help to get them out of the building to some smoke free air, noticing that there are two more army type women with them. Once outside, we have more to worry about....Zombies have been attracted by all the gunshots and noise. Cramer and Cassie quickly cleared the gates while a new guy and I close it. The two army gals keep on shooting therefore bringing on a heated discussion from Ria. Finally things were under control, Ria asks me to take the new women back to the tank while the rest of our people get organized and start loading up on the supplies and vehicles we had come for.

I looked at the two women, feeling sorry for what I could only imagine as a horrible nightmare that they had lived through, holding out my hand I said,

"My name is Derry, I think you both could use some medical attention and afterwards a shower and some rest. Am I right?"

Both women nodded their heads, telling me their names as they watched the way things were quickly being loaded up. I glanced at them before adding;

"By the way ...that woman Ria...she is our leader and let me tell you, if it wasn't for her..along with Cassie, you two would still be in those maniacs' hands. So if I was you...I would keep that info in mind for the future. Just sayin...."
 
Last edited:
Deacon

As soon as the female started giving Ria some guff about the ranking officer I did not like her, I rankled really. I wanted to grab her by the front of her tattered clothing and slap sense into her, basically what I had planned for Daniel, just without the slapping part. I retrieved the two bottles of napalm from their hiding spot, motioning Cassie over to me,

"What you do is use the nozzle to lay down a cover of napalm, then you light it with the flame. That should give us enough cover for now."

I placed the two bottles in the APC, glanced at Derry then shot the dark haired woman a venomous stare, then I turned to join Cassie, Cramer's silenced AR-15 retrieved and under my care. Cassie doused the zombies and then fired them, the napalm creating an intense heat.

"We don't have much time, that heat will weaken the fence."

I know that Ria told us to join her, but I needed to look through the workshops. There may be more tools that could help us, not just me,

"Cass, tell Ria I'll catch up, I need to check out the workshops quickly."

With that I went off to check the buildings which I knew would be the workshops
 
Bart jogged quickly away from the truck. A long black bag in his hands, fieldkit and webbing loaded. The weight pulling at his shoulder with each step. He had to cover the ground, change the angle of attack. Eventually he found the right spot. A small rise facing the compound, with a dip just before the crest. Some scrub bushes in front. With the sun at his back he would be virtually invisible. He worked his way to it quickly low to the ground, almost silently. He could see zombies to his left and right. They were no threat yet.

He climbed up the back of the mound pushing the bag ahead of himself, keeping noise and dust to a minimum. Quickly opening the bag in the shadow he cast so as not to send a telltale flash to alert the guards. Set now he scanned the scene ahead. Off to his left he could see the hunter and the team preparing the food. In the compound he could make out shooters on the roofs left and right. Hi on the tower he caught a flash but couldn't tell if it was a sniper position. He saw no further movement there but kept it in his sweep.

He watched as the food was moved forwards. No comms over his radio. He clicked the prestle. The hunters voice calm said " Twenty seconds delay on the food one inside." He tried to calm his heart rate. Looking round he chekcked his escape route was clear. All was well. No zombie was within two hundred metres with most on his right side only a few between him and the gate.

As he was moving back down to the scope, a flash at the far right of the compound caught his eye. A window had blown out. He turned the rife to the spot expecting something or someone to appear. Nothing, he waited. A click on the radio brought him back the front of the compound. The food was in. Wait. Breathe. Hold. The next thing he saw was a burst of flame engulf the roof. He brought the crosshairs just above the first shooters burning head. The pull of gravity would guide it home. The first shot half a second later. Catching the shooters shoulder Bart watched as his left arm flew into the air leaving a trail of smoke behind . Changing quickly to the second shooter he could see already he had recovered from the blast, the roof around him burning hot. He was still shooting at the knight team. Chiding himself for being to slow then again for chiding himself and not concentrating on the task he let the next shot go. Catching the man full in the chest he watched the body lift from the force of the impact be fore falling back to the roof and then rolling to the edge dripping fire to the ground as he burned.

The noise and fire was like zombie catnip. Bart could see the zombies streaming to the gate. Dropping as many as he could as they reached gate, but still many more got inside. His mind racing trying to understand were they were coming from. Then at the far right of his vision he saw it an entrance to an underground bunker. Thoughts of a zombie nest filled his head. He shook his head trying to force the idea out as he watched the team close the gate and lock him out.
 
Last edited:
Taking out several zombies with quick head shots, holstered my 1911 looking at the reservists firing away. ''Ye keep that shit up the fuckers will keep comin...Ria knows what she's talkin bout ya'll best listen.'' As Ria asked Hunter and myself to go inside, handing Deacon my 1911 I took back my AR-15. Falling in behind Hunter and Ria I took the stairs, reaching the door I step the scent of burnt flesh hit me. ''Damn, you know what? you boys stank!''

I slung the rifles strap over my head, so it could go across my chest and be fairly comfortable. Making my way to be upwind of the bodies, taking up a watch position I scope out things. Just ten to fifteen or so zombies at the gate at the moment, and no movement of any wackjobs from down below. Pulling my black banana up over my mouth and nose, settling into my position ready to snipe anything.

Everyone pulled together on this all out fucked mission, we didn't think forward enough to imagine that others wanted the armory. This mistake wouldn't be made again we'd be more cautious, better armed and hopefully out of this damned city. I was definitely going to tell everyone next meeting about this, a home we can feel safe in not a fucking library.

Hell maybe I'd check out that redhead Louise, she was closer to my age it looked like. I always have had a thing for feisty redheads anyway, maybe just maybe I'd have another chance at love. But what was I going to tell dear sweet Norah? I was screwed either way I turned it would seem after the Knight of hell.
 
Last edited:
Ria

Cleaning the armory


Cramer went directly to the roof, Hunter and I stepped over some dead and some moaning bodies. Those that moaned didn't do so anymore after we had passed them. We didn't use bullets. I had found my machetes in the debris outside and Hunter had a hunting knife.

"There is a staircase here," I pointed, "might be better to start cleaning from above." I sighed. "I can't believe I am using Newspeak!"

Hunter chuckled once.

"What is Newspeak about cleaning a place from pests?"

We didn't find any men on the upper floor. Just some bed- and bathrooms, a mess-room and a kitchen. I grabbed some clothes and threw them in a rucksack. In one room my eye fell on a package of wet-wipes beside a bed and put it in the rucksack too. The other down stairs part was clean also. It seemed there hadn't been much people with the boss. It also seemed the one I had captured was the only one still alive and 'thriving'. I didn't know what to do with him. I was curious about the why and how and wanted to talk with him, but now I had other things to do.

Hunter searched the dead for keys and explosives. He had located the weapons room and wanted to get in. I had asked him where Bart was.

"On a roof or something. I'll get him when we leave."

Bart was very much on my mind when I walked out to the tank.

Ski and Washington sat close together, both wrapped in their arms and the last shreds of their clothes hanging around them. Why the boss had left the necks and waistbands of their uniforms in place puzzled me. Why Ski and Washington had left them in place didn't wonder me. Any clothing was better than no clothing in this moment.

"Some wipes and clothes," I told Ski when I handed her the rucksack. "The water is still running, if you want to search your own clothes and have a quick shower here, go ahead. Just don't stand under the shower too long. We really want to load up and get out as soon as possible. You can have another shower in the Knight, after the Doc has seen to you." They already were wiping their bodies, Derry helped them and I laid a pair of trousers and a jacket in front of each of them.

"I hope they fit, but as I said, if you feel up to it, look for your own clothes inside. Only us there now. And some dead bodies."

I smiled a wry smile, nodded at them and went back inside. Not too much zombies approaching anymore, I noted on the way. And they already seemed more attracted by the fires than by the movement inside the fence.

Deacon came out of a what seemed a garage to me and headed into an other and distracted me.

I walked over to him. Peeked in. An empty garage. Just tools and things. Tools and things! I grinned bitterly, we needed those as much as we needed cars. Even more so, without tools we wouldn't be able to make one car out off two if the broke down in the future. Dan had told us a few times he needed specialized tools to really be of use as a mechanic.
 
Cassie and her car

I went and picked up my gear that was still out in the parking lot. There were chucks of the building’s entrance all over the place. Smoke was still rising from the entrance, but it had died down some. I watched as Officer Bart took out some of the zombies near the protecting fence. They seemed to be coming from a pipe/bunker looking place near the 126 Fwy.

As I picked up my weapons I thought about what had happened. For some reason I did not feel bad about killing those assholes. Something did not seem right about them. There was something in their eyes … a crazy look in them … that made me think they were no longer truly human. It was the look some of the people who had the high fever had in their eyes. Maybe these people’s minds had been taken over by the virus?

Or maybe I was trying to justify why the human race just lost another series of members, because we don’t trust each other and are all fighting over limited resources. Who knew? Right now helping out with the zombies coming out of the bunker/pipe thing was the main problem. I headed to the back of the armory. I found a dead guy along the side of the building, a bullet through his head. Must have been Officer Bart’s work based upon the accuracy. But in his hands was a bazooka looking thing. I left it. The guys or the new army folks would know if we needed such a weapon.

I continued on my way to the back fence and then I saw it. MY CAR!!

The hick assholes had towed it into the back area spray painted “Boss” on both sides. The old fart … their dead leader must have decided he liked my car and took it. I was pissed! Too bad I only kicked him in the balls and blew his head off. I should have tortured the bastard for a while. I ran to my car and saw they had opened up the dash board, so they could easily jump start the car. FUCK. Repairing the damage would take a lot of work. I heard groaning and looked up. There were more zombies pushing on the fence. I was not in the mood for them right now. I almost could not see straight I was so pissed. I walked back to the dead guy … grabbed the bazooka looking thing … walked back to the fence. Placing it so the barrel just stuck through the fence … I looked through the sight. I figured the weapon would work just like a gun … only it was bigger … much bigger.

I aimed at the pipe place and squeezed the trigger. There was a WHOOSH and a missile flew out … headed right for the pipe hole. The missile’s flight ended with a thunderous explosion. That got the zombie’s attention and they moved away from the fence towards the flames and smoke coming out of the pipe. Or should I say what was left of the pipe! The weapon firing had knocked me on my butt. I guess the blow knocked some sense in me. I started to calm down.

Lt Ski and SSgt Washington

Lt Ski was getting another talking to from SSgt Washington. “Lt … most people do not know martial law was ordered. Also it was for the purpose of securing sensitive government buildings and to maintain order. Only in full-scale martial law does the highest-ranking military officer take over. We never got that order.”

“Ok … I blew it …these people must think we are a bunch of military assholes” Lt Ski said.

“No … they think you are an asshole!” SSgt Washington said.

Lt Ski laughed a bit which caused the SSgt to laugh too.

Lt Ski looked over to her battle buddy “Thanks … Laugher is the best way to cope … at least that is what the Army field manual says. Let’s go find our gear.” The two headed back to the armory to find their clothing and personal items, when the anti-tank missile blew up the pipe/bunker place. “SHIT! Who did that?”
 
TROY

THE WINERY

DAY 4&5

The next two days were hell. We lost the two young families who decided to take their chances elsewhere after seeing Stephenie go crazy. They tried to take several crate fulls of supplies and I was forced to put a stop to it in a forceful manner. “If you don't want to stay here we will not stop you, but you will not be taking anything of ours with you when you leave. You take your chances out there the same as everyone else. You can take one bottle of water and one days food per person and a knife per adult. Other than that your on your own.”
Several people started to object especially the ones attempting to leave, but one look at the gun I leveled at them and the two growling dogs at my side soon convinced them it was useless to argue. By the afternoon we were 8 people down an the storerooms were now locked and only myself, Mrs Brady and Maddy had a key.

That evening we lost another 3 people and repelled our first attack. One of the Gardeners had taken a group out to feed the pigs, harvest some of the vegetables in the garden, collect some of the meat from the smoke-house, collect eggs, collect honey and a few other things. They had set out after lunch with two of them armed with shotguns and the rest of them carrying baskets and backpacks.

Around 4 in the afternoon the guards heard shots and then two of the group came running up the hill along the main road towards the barricade entrance. They were halfway home when behind them appeared three people running after them. They didn't appear any different from a normal person but the way they moved seemed a little odd. They were rapidly catching the two fleeing figures when a shot rang out from atop one of the turrets. One of the pursuing figures staggered for a second before running on. Two more shots followed and again one staggered while one fell over dead as the top of its head was taken off. They were now in my range and after seeing the effect of the other shots I quickly sighted and put a shot in the head of one of the others. It also dropped straight down but behind it I saw several more appear although these ones were not moving as fast. Our people had made it too the gate but the pursuer was too close for us to open the gate. As it drew closer a shotgun blast thundered beside me and half its body disappeared in a spray of bloody mist. As soon as it was clear the gate was opened and they quickly rushed in. A minute later two more people appeared at the gate but walked straight into the barbed wire before stopping as they became hopelessly entangled. Their eyes were vacant and they still gnashed their teeth at us and their cuts oozed a strange green liquid. Saving our bullets we sliced their throats and watched as they bled out that strange green blood.

We rotated shifts that entire night, and I had the dogs patrolling the perimeter all night but nothing appeared. By morning I was rested and with Anubis I set out to find out what had happened to the three other members of the group that had set out. The two survivors had only been able to tell us that they had seen a group of people approach the guards then charge them. As they had opened fire they had run. I only knew they had been near the Pig pens. It took me ten minutes of careful walking to get there and I found no survivors. All three had been ripped to shreds and partially eaten. Beside two of the bodies were the shotguns which I gathered up as well as a backpack with some useful food in it. Along the road were three more bodies with that strange green blood surrounding them. These must be the zombies we had heard about, but they were nothing like the movie's had prepared us for. They sure looked just like regular people until you got really close and by then it may be too late. From where I was I could see down to the main gates which were now wide open. Damn, those people who had fled had really screwed us over by doing that but I was not going to risk running down there just to shut them. There were to many other ways to get onto this place anyway. From now on we were going to have to patrol the fence in shifts and keep a look out at all times. It looked like the Zombies had found us.

Survivors : 19
 
Louise

At the Knight

She had some time to herself since Robert decided hed watch the kids for a bit. She worked out for a bit before she decided to test the theory of making the crossbow with the school supplies ,hangers, tape, and rubber bands with the supplies Max had gotten her from the Utility Closet.

She sat at a table tying and putting them together and testing them out. She decided to give it a rest for a bit because she needed to see the video to make sure shed gotten it right.

She nervously checked her phone hoping maybe shed get a call from anyone her family back home or friends but nothing. She knew how bad it was out there and she knew what her fiancee had sacrificed to save her.

She teared up thinking of how he had pushed her into the Library before he could get in himself and she could only imagine what had happened to him. She fidgeted with the ring on her finger and quickly wiped her face hearing someone come in.

She turned seeing Peter and gasped. The man was very good looking and she knew he knew it as well. She glanced up and down his body and blushed before focusing on the make shift weapons. She gave a small smile "Hey Peter I was just working on the weapon idea you mind helping me out a bit? Oh and im also game to go to the Gerlinger if your still thinking to go over there." She said before showing him one

" I had some free time to work on it what do you think?"
 

Attachments

  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 34
  • images (19).jpg
    images (19).jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Deacon

Speaking of good luck, I think I just got some. Near one of the work benches stood a flatbed transporter, I wasn't sure if it still had work to be done, but from the papers stuck to the windshield I found that it only came in for a small service and that the service was done and the truck awaited pick up. Could one get any luckier? I thought on that a moment, yeah. One could. I could have met Derry or somebody like her before this shit. I grinned, but since it seemed like I had Derry now, I intended to hold her. I went through all the tools and generators, we needed all or at least most of this stuff. So I started with the heavy stuff first. It took maneuvering and brute force, but after a few minutes I had most of the generators and welding machines on the truck. Then came the trunks with implements and power tools, by the time I was done I had stripped to the waist and was sweating freely, when all was done I headed outside to get some fresh air. Smoke was boiling out of what seemed to be a storm drain, when did I miss that explosion?

I noticed Cramer and gave him a slight wave, then I went over to the admin buildings, the Humvees and few trucks' keys would be there as people had to sign out when they took a vehicle, even in critical situations. Lo and behold keys on a board, marked with the parking spaces, I grinned and collected the keys. Cassie got lucky with the APC, but with the weapons we should be able to get her and the Humvees we would be able to gain great weapon platforms. Once outside I checked the area and headed for all the vehicles and placed their keys inside of them. Then I headed back to the garage, rolled up the door and started up the truck, driving it out of the garage and parking it close to the APC, getting out I slipped into my shirt and buttoned it as I walked to the Armory where the weapons should be
 
Seeing Deacon walk out of the shop and give me a wave, I return a two fingered salute off my cap bill. ''Nice truck big man...why didn't ye send somebody to take watch I'd helped ye load it?!'' When a very loud explosion outside the fence, swinging the AR-15 on the remains of a burning smoking tunnel.

Lowering the riffle I see Cassie on her ass with a rocket launcher, cracking up laughing down at her shaking my head. Cupping my hands around my mouth and yell out loud ''Give em hell Rambina!'' chuckling deeply at her big grin as she looks up at me. Damn she was stacked especially when looking down from my watch position up on the roof.

''Hey...anybody find a cold beer down there in the fridge?...My throats parched as that tunnel Cassie done blowed up''
 
Last edited:
Ria

Inside the armory


I had just returned inside and was packing cartons of emergency supplies on a cart -we had lost a lot of food, and I wasn't happy with that at all; all the ammunition in the world wouldn't keep us alive if we had no food- when something exploded. Outside.
Running as hard as I could, encountering Hunter on the way who joined me, we ran around the building, both with our rifles ready to fire.

I heard Cramer.

''Give em hell Rambina!''

What was that about? I kept running although I was a bit less worried since Cramer wasn't firing.

"Cassie! Are you alright? What happened?"

She sat on the ground, looked up at us and explained about her car and about seeing a lot of zombies coming out off some sort of pipe. She pointed at a smoldering heap. Told us that was the place the zombies had come out off.

I shook my head.

"You know that new explosion will attract more zombies. From all over the city! Cassie, please ... I am nervous and worried enough. We are quite safe behind the fence, but for how long? There is stuff here we need. Only Hunter and I packing it at the moment. Deacon is busy in the garages. Come help us, will you?"
 
The scrub just to the right of Bart exploded. His head ducked. Grabbing the rife he rolled over backwards. A second later the ground where he had been lying swallowed two bullets. His heart pounding he took a long deep breath hugging the rifle to his chest while ducking behind the mound. He tried to calculate the trajectory. Squeezing his eyes he tried to remember the compound. The he saw it in his minds eye. A tall tower, maybe a grain tower or some such.

He clicked the radio. No answer. The team had been in the compound a long time. If they tried to leave with a sniper still active it would be carnage.

As carefully as possible he rounded the mound putting it on his right, trying to give himself as much cover as possible even though it was not much. He knew the scope would be searching for him. He pushed his ammo pouch up onto the brow of the mound using his knife to extend his reach.

As soon as he looked through the scope he saw the muzzle flash. His heart dropped. His body tensed knowing what was coming. He kept on target even as the earth kicked up to the right of his head. One shot. He saw a second flash just as he felt the recoil of his own shot. Rolling away instinctually he heard the round zip over his head.


He moved to the opposite side of the mound. Scanning the tower he found nothing. He hoped he'd made the shot. No more fire came his way. He scanned and waited.

Inside the compound he could see movement. It looked like the team were getting ready to saddle up. Then he saw Cassie with what looked like an RGP and all hell broke loose.
 
Last edited:
I sighed as everyone seemed to be busy...except for me.....I had to stay behind to make sure the army gals didn't get into any trouble. I watched as Deacon glanced quickly at me...then threw a dirty look at the gals before saying a few words to Cassie and heading to one of the other buildings. I wished I could go with him, (If I know Deacon, and I think I am beginning to ...he was probably looking for tools and machine parts.)

Shortly afterwards I watched Ria, Cramer and the new guy, I think someone said his name was Hunter, go back into the main building. Minutes later I saw Cramer get into position on the roof, giving him a wave I glanced at the gals commenting,

"Now there is a good man, he can always be counted on to watch your back."

Presently Ria came out of the building with a rucksac telling them there were some wipes and clothes in it. Or if they wished, they could go back inside and find their own things, and take a shower too. She then laid out some pants and jackets while I helped wiped the worst of the blood and dirt off of them. She added, if you do go back inside just don't take too long, we all want to load up and get out of here as soon as possible. Once satisfied Ski and Washington were OK, she headed back to the building.

I noticed Ski and Washington more or less needed some space so I backed away, but still stayed within hearing distance. I heard them talk about how they could have handled things better, but would make up for it later. Glancing at me, they said they felt up to going inside and getting some of their things now. I nodded my head smiling,

"You two are going to be fine, just don't take too long OK?"

I watched them walk across to the building when suddenly there was a huge explosion. I ducked as I looked in the direction of smoke and debris that was falling. I heard Cramer shout,

''Give em hell Rambina!''

I chuckled, I should have known that Cassie was behind the explosion, where there is trouble...Cassie was usually close by. Ria ran out of the building, I joined her. We found Cassie on her butt, looking a bit dazed. She started to ramble on about her car and a bunch of zombies in a pipe or something to that affect. Ria shook her head before giving us all her concerns about time and zombies, we all agreed that she had a good point. Helping Cassie up off the ground, we all went back with Ria to help carry as much supplies as we could find out to the waiting vehicles.
 
Last edited:
Ria

At the armory


Finally inside again we heard a shower running on the upper floor.

I wondered why we didn't even flinch anymore while we stepped over and around corpses, but listened to the shower instead. Hunter went back to the weapons room. He only had time for a quick look, he said, and told us many racks were empty or half empty.

"Just put anything you find at the door, we will load and divide it later," I sighed. I headed back to the room with the emergency's food supply. It was impossible to push the cart to the door, because of the debris in the hallway, so I carried the boxes to a clean spot outside along the wall and stacked them, my gun slung over my back and my machetes dangling at my sides. Somehow I felt like Robinson Crusoe.

At least we had back what we lost now, I hoped. I didn't know how much and what of our food the men had brought, but it looked like an awful lot, all splattered around the hallway now. I picked up some cans from between the debris that weren't bumped too much and put them beside the boxes. Hunter carried a lot of guns in his arms as he came out. Very carefully he lowered them to the ground.

"I could use some extra hands with the ammo," he grunted.

"Help me take the cart I found over the wreckage, I'll help you load it and carry the boxes outside while you get more," I offered. A grunt and a half nod were all I got as an answer.

"Did Bart tell you about the attack on the Knight to nights back?" I asked him while I loaded the boxes he pointed out on the cart.

"Mmh"

"We had, still have quite some damage. And very bad memories. Two died. About eighteen of us got scratched or badly wounded, fifteen, Lee included, got ill. Lee did some strange things. Injected some that were almost over the fever with all kinds of things saying he would find a cure against the spores ... Only Deacon, Cramer and I have no symptoms until now. I just feel very healthy. Kind of young ...," I continued while I packed guns he handed me on top of the boxes.

"I feel kind of un-deadable," I confessed while we pushed the cart back to the door. While I pushed and he carried the last of the guns to be correct.

Hunter didn't say anything.

"Most of us don't feel safe inside the Knight anymore." I shoved debris aside now, instead of just stepping over it. I hoped we would be able to push the cart outside if I could make a broad enough path. Shoving all kinds of pieces of all kinds of material around isn't the easiest thing to do when you carry two or three boxes of ammunition at the same time.

"We want to relocate," I told Hunter as I passed him on my way in.

"To a more secure place," on my way out.

"Somewhere in the countryside," back in again.

"A big place. A defendable place," pulling the cart further to the exit. I waved at Cassie and Derry who shoveled through the debris on the other side carrying heavy sacks.

"Why don't you fifteen, or how many are you now, join us?" Heaving a big chunk of door out of the way to broaden the path.

"Like us, you don't have enough fit adults in ratio to the elder or too young ones to defend them," unloading the rest of the cartons with him.

"I'll talk with Frank," he said while he put the last carton down. "The baby has arrived last night."

"Wonderful!" I hugged him. "A girl or a boy? Mom and child doing well?"

A moment long his hand lay on my behind before he pushed me away.

"What do you hug me for?" he snapped. "It is not my child!"

My arms dropped to my sides. I felt hurt.

I must have looked hurt, because Cassie and Derry stopped on their way inside and looked at each other then back at us.

"Well, it is just marvelous I think. Amidst all this (I waved my hands around) a new healthy baby! It is why we do what we do, don't we? To make this a safe place for all of us? To give babies a safe place and a change on a happy life? Is it a boy or a girl? Please Hunter, tell me!" I almost danced around him.

"A boy. Both doing well. Want a cigar?"
 
Deacon stepped out of the Humvee truck, I take my braves cap off waving it, eventually it got his attention. ''Deacon Ria and Hunter need help inside...you rest awhile up here as lookout and I'll do the heavy lifting?'' I didn't wait for his response to this he wouldn't like it, quickly down the stairwell and to the blown opening. Passing Ria as she gave me a look ''Don't worry Darlin I'm takin Deacon the AR-15 he's takin up the lookout position.'' thankfully I got her usual grim smile. Trotting out to meet Deacon to hand him my rifle, took my 1911 holster it and the extra clips in a back pocket.

''Get yourself a cold drink and rehydrate yeself big guy...take it easy for a spell ye hear?'' I clap him on a shoulder and trot back inside the armory, heading for the weapon storage room passing Hunter. Once in there I haul an ammo crate onto each shoulder, with a grunt I stand upright and headed to a trolley. I unburdened myself of the crates onto the trolley. Heading back again for more ammo crates, I hang two rifles over each shoulder. Sliding a couple more ammo crates onto my shoulders, being used to heavy lifting all the ammo was ready.

Hunter had been busting his ass retrieving the weapons, Ria also had been working hard finding food, she'd salvaged enough and found more replenishing what had been lost. ''Anythang else ya'll need help with? Hunter had looked bushed but the tough old guy recovered, he just grunt shrug and point to Ria. I turn to Ria with a questioning look. ''Earth to Dutchie...come in Darlin still with us? I wave my hand past her eyes as she's lost in thought. Hunter has a wry grin on his tan weathered face, opening a water handing me it. Thankfully accepting the water he offered me, I turn it up draining a quarter of the liquid.
 
Last edited:
Knight Library

Louise had given Peter a small smile. "Well, it was a start; she hadn’t thrown him out of the room" he thought. She asked him to work on the weapons with her and he was glad too.

“I can help out for about an hour, and then we’ll need to get inside the Annex before it gets too late.” Peter said.

“I like the enhancement you made with the bow string … that should increase the range!” Peter complimented her. They worked for about an hour and then the entry team assembled. It was Peter, TD Silverman, Max and Louise. Everyone had bows and arrows. TD and Peter also had the machetes.

“Ok do not … I repeat ... do not … open any doors. There may be zombies behind them. We are just going in and looking for the laundry room. That is it. Everyone good with the plan?” Peter asked. Everyone nodded yes.

They moved out and crossed the open area. They encountered no problems. Peter was staying close to Louise “Are you doing ok?” He whispered

“Yes” she said back as they entered the Gerslinger Annex. The place smelled like decay … and the hallway was covered in gore. It was gross … and creepy. Peter face turned green … as he almost puked.

“I did not realize it was that bad out here … the smell and the bodies” He whispered to Louise as he looked down at a half eaten female student. “The food gathering teams … I can better appreciate what they have been going through.

The group moved forward with Max and TD taking the lead. Looking into the classrooms to make sure no zombies were lurking or ready to spring out. Peter and Louise were at the rear. Max had told everyone to let the leads to take the first shots. If that did not work, the rear group could join in. The firing order was design to minimize “friendly fire” injuries and conserve everyone’s ammo. We wanted to remain as quiet as possible, so everyone was to use the bows first.

Max found the doors to the main gym area, but did not open them. “The laundry machines should be near the men’s or women’s locker rooms.” He said. Around the corner was the women’s locker room door. “Ok everyone ready?” Max asked.

Peter’s heart was pumping so hard … he almost could not hear Max. But he was ready. Max opened the door … and the team went in. They were a series of lockers which prevented them from seeing what was in this room. They went row by row to make sure there were no zombies inside. What they had forgotten was the showers and as they checked the lockers … from behind them came fast moving zombies!

Luckily Louise glanced to the rear and saw them approaching. She said “Behind us!” and quickly fired an arrow right into the nearest Zombie … Peter turned and fired an arrow too … but it missed. He reloaded quickly and this time was successful. But the zombies were really close now!

Cassandra

I got pulled back on my feet and instructed how firing RPGs at zombies was not the right thing to do. I did not want a fight … so I kept my mouth shut but the pipe complex I blew up was much further away than the fires Ria started near the fence.

But whatever! The condition of my car … was the real problem. The thing was ruined by those asshole hicks! I’d need to get one of the guys that was good with cars to help me fix it. It would require a whole new dash board. We could find one of those at a car dealer...

WAIT!!

I just had an incredible idea! Why fix up my old car … when I could take any car off the lot for free! I could get a Lotus … or Ferrari or … anything! This awesome idea put me in a better mood. I helped load up the truck with the weapons and ammo. The two military people had found their clothing (Battle Dress Uniforms or BDU) and were outfitting the APC. It looked like everything was set for our departure. Except where was Bart? I walked over to Hunter and asked.

“Do we need to pick up Bart somewhere?” I ask.
 
Ria

Lost in thoughts at the armory


The moment Hunter uttered the last words I felt lost. The sarcasm in his voice was just too much. I had to take a very deep breath and concentrate hard to not burst into tears.

Silently I pushed the cart back to the weapons room and heaved another box on it.

''Earth to Dutchie...come in Darlin still with us?"

Now why was Cramer standing beside me and not on the roof? I stared at all the empty shelfs and racks while I tried to fight snapping at him. I knew I was upset by what Hunter had said -how he had said it- and I didn't want to take it out on Cramer. But ... It was tempting. It was so tempting I clenched my eyes and balled my fists. He had waved his hand in front of my face, that was what caught my attention, his words only filtered through the haze in my brain afterwards.

Deacon was on the roof now. Cramer had said that just after Hunter had landed his blow. I hadn't really seen or heard him then.

"Yeah. I am here." I looked around the room. Disgusted. We just scavenged means to kill people. I had killed people just half an hour ago. I was absolutely prepared to get rid of zombies, I did feel sorry for the human beings they once had been all the time, but now they were not human anymore, now they were worse than wild animals. Wild animals usually don't want to feed on humans if you left them alone. Zombies did. A lot of the things I had seen the last seven days flooded my mind. I wiped my face with my sleeve. A tear, or some tears had trickled down my cheeks.

"I am here, Cramer," my voice was just a bit shaky. "I am here. I was just thinking of a few things which made me sad." I missed Bart. Why had he only sent me some short messages asking if I was okay? "Are you okay?" In retrospect I wasn't even sure if he meant me or all the Knights. Suddenly I was afraid my self-centered answers had pushed him away from me.

Cramer had moved closer and I leaned my head on his chest a moment. He had lost his wife and unborn child, my girls were alive, with their father and my uncle and nephews and their wives who would all look after them. I shrugged my shoulders. So why I was upset about Bart? Who was he to me anyway? I put a hand on Cramer's shoulder, rubbed it quickly before I stepped back from him. I felt Hunter's eyes on me.

"We are done in this room, I think. I'll go find Cassie and Derry, they might need help. I'll check on the two ladies too, see if they finished showering. Why don't you two look around for more food? There were a lot of boxes and cartons with emergency supplies still in that storage room. We have to hurry a bit. We have to load everything too and it is getting late. It will be dark in an hour and a half or so, and then I want to be inside an armored car."

I had thought of asking them what kind of a gun I was carrying and what a munition I would need for it but decided against it. I had still a clip or magazine or whatever for it in my pocket. Quickly I walked out of the room, hoping to have a few minutes to myself before I would stumble upon Derry, Cassie, Washington or Ski because I felt not inklinged to look for them at all.

As I headed down the corridor the guy I had made prisoner came to my mind. Just before we left I would lay my gun, the extra bullets and a knife at the door. He could crawl to it and would be safe enough if I made sure we closed the gate behind us. The others wouldn't think anything of it if I said it was because the armory could still be useful to us. In fact I would tell him now what I intended to do, I decided and walked over to the room Cassie and I had been thrown in to suffer a fate worse than dead as most older civilizations, ours also, called it. Not because a woman suffered when she got raped but because it made her worthless. Worthless to marry, worthless to her husband, her father or brothers or who ever had custodianship over her.

In fact many civilizations had deemed it proper for a woman to kill herself after she had been raped because she was defiled by it. She, not the one who had done it to her. They would scorn that man. But, he had many possibilities to escape the wrath of her custodian; for example in Morocco until recently he even would be rehabilitated if she was unmarried at the time he raped her and married the thing he had ruined.

"Ma'am?" Startled I looked at the face peeking around the hole in the wall. It was the man I had bound. Upright. A hand with a knife in it stretched above his head.

"I only have this, ma'am, honestly! I'll drop it now, alright?" He said with a fearful voice as he dropped it to the ground. "I don't know what happened, ma'am. My father, the boss, made sense I thought. He was much cleverer than I am, honestly, I always knew that. It really made sense to make this place into our HQ. All I know is to put bricks on top of each other. I am intelligent as an ass he always said. Ma'am, please, don't kill me! I want to live! I'll work for you! I'll do anything you tell me to do, just don't kill me or leave me on my own! I'll go mad!"
 
Back
Top