Vampire/Slayer (Closed for LucianDevine)

Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Posts
7,623
Anya
18
Vampire slayer/college student

https://pin.it/isfnbggn52i7k6
Anya had never wanted nor asked for this life all she had ever wanted when she had turned sixteen was what every young teenage girl wanted and that was a sweet sixteen party not her all she got was a man telling her that she was the chosen one the one to fulfill the prophecies to fight the demons and the vampires of the world she thought the man was a lunatic until he showed her the way and she started to realize she was the chosen one and she was the vampire slayer. Anya had learned and caught on fast, of how powerful and strong she was and she succeeded in all she did but she had been lonely she couldn't date she always worried if she fell in love she could end up killing anyone that knew about her secret identity well that and she wasn't supposed to tell anyone of what she was either, but she had told two people her best friends Luke and Laura well three including her mother her watcher had been overly angry about this but quickly got over this.

Now two years later at 18 she was stronger and more powerful than before and her watcher was more of a father figure than her watcher and yet she still felt alone or rather lonely at least she did have college and friends and family that loved her and understood her. College and slaying hadn't been easy to work around but she found a way determined to have some kind of life.
 
Lucian
500+(Appears 22)
Vampire

http://ftape.com/model/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sergio-Cavajal-The-Model-Wall-FTAPE-04.jpg
Lucian let out an aggravated sigh as he pulled up his dirty but functional dodge charger up to the ruddy looking motel. From his seat he could see drunken college students staggering around in pairs in search for a room. He hated big cities, especially college towns for this exact reason. He was no stranger to being around people, but these were not the kinds of people he preferred to surround himself with.

After paying for a room for the night, Lucian pulled a single duffel bag from the back seat and brought it into the room. He had his reasons for being in this town, and as much as he would have liked to get right down to business, the sun was going to be rising soon. It didn't take him long to prepare the room, properly blocking the windows to ensure that no sunlight would make it through before he kicked off his shoes, stripped off his clothes and threw himself onto the bed. It was going to take him a long time to fall asleep, that much he knew. It had been a long time since he'd been this excited, and while the target of his excitement was so very similar to what it had been the last time, his motivations were quite a bit different this time around.
 
Anya was tired and the last thing she wanted to do after a long day of classes was to go and patrol but this was her life and it was what she had to do so she would do so even if she told her watcher Less that she wasn't going to do so she did like to see him squirm she knew she gave him a lot of grief but sometimes he was overbearing with the slaying and she had to have a life it was her right she had all but given her life numerous times and she knew she would gladly die to protect and serve but she also wanted to live she was only 18 years old she wasn't ready to die.

The night began like any other walking through the graveyard making sure no vampires were lurking and that none were to rise either. She was bored there was no action then she had one come up behind her unbeknownst to them that she was the slayer and in seconds they were dust. "Another one bites the dust." She whispered to herself with a little giggle she was nothing if not with the puns. It was getting late and the evening was slowing down but she decided to wait just a bit longer just to be sure.
 
Despite his excitement, Lucian did manage to get to sleep. It wasn't an especially restful sleep, given the dreams, or rather nightmares that he was prone to, but it was sleep nonetheless.

When the sun was finally down and gone, Lucian's nocturnal instincts kicked in, and he woke up. Despite those instincts, though, he still took the necessary precautions of safely opening the window to see if any sunlight came in before packing away the things he used to block the window and walking out the door.

If there was one good thing about the relationship between vampires and the slayer, it was that it was fairly easy to find them if you truly wanted to. Sure, he could go to the slayer's house if he chose. It was no secret where she lived, but it came with a bigger set of risks than meeting on what could be considered neutral territory. As such, he simply went to a place that he knew she'd visit sooner or later, the graveyard. There was no rhyme or reasons as to how long it could take a vampire to turn, and many of them were buried, meaning that they literally had to escape from their coffin and dig their way out of their own graves. As such, it was a place that most players patrolled often. Similarly, it was often a place that vampire gangs looked after, sometimes hoping to strengthen their numbers, and more rarely, try to challenge the slayer herself.

Lucian already knew the slayer's address, and even knew the graveyard closest to it. The motel he'd selected last night was close to it, and he hoped to beat the slayer to the punch. He did seem to have done that, but there was no way of knowing which days she patrolled this graveyard, meaning there was no telling how many days he'd have to come here and wait. It would be especially problematic if he had to spend some time hunting one of these nights, and risk missing her.

With no true knowledge of the path that the slayer might take through the graveyard, Lucian simply chose a large headstone near the center of it and sat down on the ground, resting his back against it. He wasn't exactly hiding, but with his simple black t-shirt, black jeans, and black sneakers, he wouldn't be particularly easy to spot from a distance if you didn't already know he was there.

Though he had no idea exactly how long he waited, Lucian wasn't worried. He was a vampire after all, and where the slayer had been alive for only a couple of decades, he'd survived for over five centuries. He was nothing if not patient.

As it was, Lucian heard the slayer before he saw her. It wasn't the sort of thing anybody would recognize, only the trained ear of an experienced hunter. His eyes closed after he recognized it, letting his memories overcome him for a moment as he basked in the slow and confident stride that he had heard so very many times before.

Lucian did eventually open his eyes when he knew for certain she had come into his view. The lightning naturally wasn't great in the graveyard, but he needed no assistance to see in the dark. The dark was his home and his ally. His dark brown eyes followed her every move as he admired the gentle curves of her lithe frame.

Even as he watched her, though, Lucian knew that they weren't alone. He heard another set of footsteps, moving with a different kind of stride. He knew who and what it was, but he was in no rush. He saw the vampire approach the slayer from behind. The man clearly had no idea who he was dealing with though, and he watched as the man attacked, the slayer turned, and her foe was dispatched and turned into a pile of dust. He heard her witty remark, and it was only then that he made his presence known.

Lucian brought his hands together in a loud clap and followed it with several more, giving her a slow applause as he rose slowly to his feet. He knew that his loud and slow applause would no doubt attract more vampires to their location, but Lucian wanted a few moments along with the slayer before that happened.

"A witty comment to go with your poor performance. I must say slayer that I am not impressed." Lucian slowly started to walk towards the slayer, being naturally wary of her despite the fact that he had no intention of harming her. "The shadow demon whose power and instincts you wield would be ashamed of you." He said callously as he got even closer. "You would do well to keep your guard up, because I assure you that this night is just getting started."

Lucian stopped walking as he spoke his last few words. He stood confidently ten paces from the slayer that had no doubt killed hundreds of vampires in her time. He was no normal vampire, though, and if she cared enough to look closely, she'd see the slight glint of a pendant hanging from his neck.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...-bfad-e71bf2ad9be6_2048x2048.jpg?v=1499304901
 
She often felt amped up after any kill yet at the same time she also felt a sense of emptiness. She wouldn't have chosen this life for herself or for anyone else but she always felt a sense of enjoyment as well that she was a hero and making the world a better place although no one could or ever would know of her secret life aside from those she had chosen to share it with. Right now instead of being out here she would have liked to be cuddled up with someone she loved and loved her but she instead knew that type of life would never be able to be in her cards after all. She stood there after her kill and thought of everything she would never be able to do and it hurt her but this was the hand she was dealt and she was never one to be a quitter saving the world was her life and she would continue to do this day in and day out.

She took a long deep breath and bit her lip as she looked around the graveyard her home away from home she didn't really feel sorry for herself but at the same time she had sometimes wish life had given her a nice normal life and she could be a normal girl. She tucked a loose strand of her long black hair behind her ear right now she wanted to go home and take a hot bath soaking away the tight muscles and the dirt. She sometimes even felt bad about the killing because at some point these vampires had a soul and a life so the hand they were dealt had never really been part of the life they had chosen either. She shook her head a different time and a different place perhaps and the world wouldn't be such a vast place.

Feeling sorry for the vampires or herself would not help her to do what apparently she was made to do. She looked down at her now dusty and dirty clothes and what a mess she must look but decided she just didn't care it wasn't as if she had anyone to impress in the first place. She sighed to herself what a way for a young woman to think though when she wasn't hunting she did dress like a girl and she enjoyed girly things. She just happened to be one of the strongest slayers to ever live which made wanting to kill her that much more, despite her witty puns she wasn't some dumb girl she knew how to protect herself and she was a intelligent woman as well. She cracked her knuckles and started to walk around almost pacing half hoping for another fight half hoping the action was over so she could go home and rest.

The waiting part of the hunt was always the most part she dreaded of doing all of this considering it was a long drawn out process. She always knew or could feel someone's presence regardless if it was a vampire and or a human being or another creature demon, werewolf whatever her senses were always on high alert. Some nights her two friends patrolled with her against her wishes she didn't even think it was safe to have friends but at the same time she wanted some sense of a normal life and these friends proved to be true blue and always were by her side no matter what happened even when she finally admitted to them that she was a slayer and that they all lived over the hell mouth. Hunting also always made her hungry so there was that as well she would eat a sandwich when she got home as well as taking that hot bath her muscles so desperately needed.

She shook her head wondering why this night she seemed to be thinking about so much not that she often didn't do that anyway this night she felt as if she was doing it more so. She realized she was just bored restless perhaps. I can always go home and burn some energy off and go train or something she thought to herself there was so much she could be doing but wouldn't. Oh Anya get it together tonight she thought once more to herself. She just needed a good nights sleep to get her out of this funk she felt as if she was in. Maybe it was just the simple point that she was lonely or maybe she was simply just restless and wanted someone to share that with. Oh well she thought she had to get used to being alone this was her destiny and she had agreed to do this although she had quit once before when the master came along but that was another story for another time and one that at the moment she didn't want to revisit.

She wished like hell at times that she could give it all up but there were to many innocent people she had to protect in the world even though she was one of those people she had no one really to protect her aside from her watcher just once she wished she didn't have to do all of this alone then at times she knew if she had someone to help her she may just get distracted and that was the one thing a slayer could not risk. She rubbed her neck and let it sit there for a moment trying to forget all of the thoughts that were running through her head at times the silence of the night could really get to a person. She was graceful yet fierce in a fight that much she knew when she fought all else in the world melted away and she knew part of this was because of her training but part of this was because she knew she was saving another innocent person from being killed and or turning into something they never wanted to be.

Another vamp appeared into her view and she adverted his attack with one of her own they never learned she thought to herself but then again how did they really know what or whom they were up against. This life was not one that anyone should live and no she was not talking of her own she was talking about the life of vampire she couldn't imagine ever being turned into that living a life not knowing who you were before and or living in the darkness never feeling sunlight on your face. Again when finished she again made the same witty pun that she did before she had nothing tonight she thought to herself and giggled slightly at herself god she was pathetic. It wasn't as if she didn't know someone was there but it wasn't until he spoke that she turned and glared at him but the one thought that ran through her mind was how gorgeous this man was.

She was on high alert when he started to walk towards her she was ready for a fight if that was what he was here for. She rolled her eyes at the man he acted as if he knew her how wrong he was but he did know she was the slayer and he did know of her destiny she could feel that much in his words. ''Who the hell are you?'' She questioned the annoyance in her tone. ''You think I am afraid of you?" She asked incredulously when he told her that she should be wary that the night was just getting started. Stopping was a good idea she thought to herself. She didn't speak she only stared at him she hated cocky men and he wasn't saying anything to her that she hadn't heard before. She noticed the pendant hanging from his neck and was stunned and thought to herself now it all made sense but she still stood her ground and she still had no fear of him she didn't fear anything if it were her time to die she knew it was her time.
 
Even if Lucian didn't already know who she was, the look that he saw in her eyes would have told him that she was the slayer. She stood her ground, her gaze steady until she saw the pendant that hung from his neck. He saw the slight shift then, and it brought a small smile to his lips before he bowed his head slightly.

"I see my old reputation still precedes me..." Lucian said calmly before reaching up to tuck the amulet down into his t-shirt. "It's good to know that The Watchers are still doing their jobs and telling you the old stories. I'm sure they left some parts out, but we'll get to that later..." Lucian let his words trail off as he started to slowly circle the slayer. His dark brown eyes never moved from the lithe and deadly woman before him, even as he wondered if she would let him walk behind her at this distance, or turn with him.

"Your moves are swift and deliberate, but I sense something missing...intent maybe..." Lucian mused aloud before speaking again. "Tell me something slayer...When was the last time you trained your body, I mean truly trained, weights, running, something other than hunting and patrolling. You are fast and strong, but for the oldest slayer ever to have existed I expected...more..."
 
Back
Top