A Brit poll for vetteman

Is the Daily Mail credible?

• Total voters

Sean

We'll see.
Would you consider the Daily Mail a credible source?

poll coming, fuckers.

No I dont think its a credible source of info...then again I dont think any of our papers are.Although the Times does a great sports pullout ( monthly) and the football supplement on a Monday is fantastic

I fucking hate the daily mail with every fibre of my being.

If Hitler was alive it would be the paper he would read.

planetqueen said:

He probally did read it...He did like all thing English

No, but then I don't put faith in any newspaper at all -I don't read 'em.

Nipples Mcgee said:
99.999% of all media is bullshit.

Not true. A bloke I met in the pub told me that what you heard from a bloke you met in the pub is true. And he said it was 99.998%, I'll have you know.

Newspapers can be reliable a surprising amount of the time. For example if you find you ran out of toilet paper at the wrong time. Then you can rely on the media.

rosc99 said:
He probally did read it...He did like all thing English

It was started by a neo - nazi wasn't it. Can't remember the exact history, but I do remember reading that.

MunchinMark said:
Not true. A bloke I met in the pub told me that what you heard from a bloke you met in the pub is true. And he said it was 99.998%, I'll have you know.

Newspapers can be reliable a surprising amount of the time. For example if you find you ran out of toilet paper at the wrong time. Then you can rely on the media.

:D indeed!

Please note I didn't vote and kept the question and options as unbiased as I could.

planetqueen said:
It was started by a neo - nazi wasn't it. Can't remember the exact history, but I do remember reading that.

Edit to save wasting an entire post on this.

So not a neo-nazi, but an original.

Last edited:
planetqueen said:
In early 1934 Rothermere and the Mail were sympathetic to Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists. Rothermere wrote an article, Hurrah for the Blackshirts, in January 1934, in which he praised Mosley for his "sound, commonsense, Conservative doctrine", though after the violence of the 1934 Olympia meeting involving the BUF, the Mail withdrew its support for Mosley.

Rothermere was a friend and supporter of both Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, which influenced the Mail's political stance toward them up to 1939. During this period it was the only British newspaper to consistently support the German Nazi Party.[1][2] Rothermere visited and corresponded with Hitler on many occasions. On 1 October 1938, Rothermere sent Hitler a telegram in support of Germany's invasion of the Sudetenland, and expressing the hope that 'Adolf the Great' would become a popular figure in Britain.

here you go pqueen....Rothermere`s family owned and ran the paper, when it was founded/lauched

SeanH said:
I would if the fucker was around.

The fucker's chained up in the cellar as my sex slave.

Well not really.

Well, yeah actually.

I'll shout down and ask him.

planetqueen said:

Well said...I also heard Mr Bush is mighty fond of reading the Mail when in Blighty. Says it all.

Dolf, would you like to explain your vote? What exactly do you find them credible and not about?

Football scores? Very broad themes in the articles?

From a 3 page special on Jordan's latest dribblings you can reliably infer that the word really is insane.

MunchinMark said:
Football scores? Very broad themes in the articles?

From a 3 page special on Jordan's latest dribblings you can reliably infer that the word really is insane.
That's what i mean.

This whole thread was in response to Vetteman posting a story from the Mail about UK hospitals. When I said it was a lie because it was from the Mail, he took me to task for denying a credible source. Of course Phrodeau posted a link showing it actually was a lie.
I just wanted to show the yanks how the mail is thought of over here. Seems to have worked out OK. :D

Back