A question for the ladies only…

It wouldn’t ever ‘make my day’ but if it were daylight in public with other people around, I would be less likely to slip my hand in my jacket pocket for my pepper spray than if it happened when there was no one else around or it was after dark.

Why would you do this? What purpose are you hoping to achieve?

I'm not at all interested in opinions of my appearance which is an accident of birth than anything else. Esp by strangers.
It would be annoying, possibly creepy but certainly would never make my day. Immediately walking away after a compliment is extremely creepy.
"`You should learn not to make personal remarks, ' Alice said with some severity; `it's very rude.' "-Lewis Carroll

If someone likes an article of clothing that I created, that would be more welcome. Great dress, skirt, costume, cosplay has something that actually has to do with me as a person. When people say that to me under those circumstances I say thank you, and we may discuss some aspect they found most interesting or whatever., it would be weird if they didnt even stick around for a thank you.

Don't be so glum about it. We have no one but ourselves to blame. Men are awful.
Just live your life of solitude, my guy.
Spend your money on vacations and all the Western art you want or whatever your collection might be. Oh and pick yourself up a Fleshlight.

You might be overreacting a bit based on just two negative replies.. if people dislike something suggested on here, they usually flock to it in droves

I’m curious about something… well, been curious for a long time now, and maybe this is a good place for answers.

Ladies, how would you react to a strange man coming up to you and saying, “Excuse me, I just wanted to say that you are beautiful,” and then just walking away with no intent to try to pick them up. I often find myself places where I see a woman I think is very attractive, and I’d like to tell her so, and that’s it.

Would it be creepy? Would it make your day? I’d love to know… not that I’ll ever say it no matter what the responses reveal.
If another man walked up to you out of the blue and told you he found you attractive, would it make your day? He’s not even trying to pick you up. He’s just paying you an unexpected compliment.

You may be on to something… what I seem to be hearing is that out in the real world, men shouldn’t even look at women either (based on some previous things).

But I figured this might be a safe place to ask the question, and I’m so far getting the response I suspected.

Oh the other hand, as a male, if I get a compliment, I am very happy to get it, and I don’t take it as more than that. Last year a female student complimented my jeans jacket, I said “thank you,” and that was that. But having that compliment made me feel good about myself for a while, anyway.
Do you understand the difference between complimenting a jacket and complimenting a persons physical appearance?

It wouldn’t ever ‘make my day’ but if it were daylight in public with other people around, I would be less likely to slip my hand in my jacket pocket for my pepper spray than if it happened when there was no one else around or it was after dark.

Why would you do this? What purpose are you hoping to achieve?
Smh...

I’m curious about something… well, been curious for a long time now, and maybe this is a good place for answers.

Ladies, how would you react to a strange man coming up to you and saying, “Excuse me, I just wanted to say that you are beautiful,” and then just walking away with no intent to try to pick them up. I often find myself places where I see a woman I think is very attractive, and I’d like to tell her so, and that’s it.

Would it be creepy? Would it make your day? I’d love to know… not that I’ll ever say it no matter what the responses reveal.
Would be so wrong if she's clearly :
On a date.
Supervising young kids
In a Cafe corner booth with headphones on and reading a book (take the hint)
Or my personal favourite: having a nose bleed. Like really WTAF?

but if she's out and about not trying to keep to herself and enjoy some serenity then I think it would make her day.

Well, isn’t that what I’m getting? I mean, the perspective seems to be that I shouldn’t do it because it will be seen as suspicious or I have an ulterior motive.

I have seen women tell each other they think they are pretty, and they don’t appear to be uncomfortable with that, and it’s not only women who already know each other. So that is acceptable… if nothing else, I need to be able to tell my sons what they shouldn’t be doing.
We don't usually say we are pretty to each other, we might say that looks really good on you, where did you get that pretty blouse, ...
We might say they look nice, but we are complimenting their clothing or outfit look rather than their physical attractiveness. It's a bit unspoken "you look nice to night" really means you look nice in that outfit tonight, or you made a great choice of clothing.

Well, isn’t that what I’m getting? I mean, the perspective seems to be that I shouldn’t do it because it will be seen as suspicious or I have an ulterior motive.

I have seen women tell each other they think they are pretty, and they don’t appear to be uncomfortable with that, and it’s not only women who already know each other. So that is acceptable… if nothing else, I need to be able to tell my sons what they shouldn’t be doing.
Tell your sons that unless a woman is making and holding eye contact with them, smiling invitingly, and making it 100% clear that she would welcome their approach, to just move along and leave her alone. And if she does appear to be inviting them to approach, they should not comment on her physical appearance when they do. Also tell them that if they accidentally misread her and she rejects them, to just leave. All of that, assuming that she’s in a public location where she’s not vulnerable.

Oh, and if she has headphones in, don’t bother her at all unless you see that there’s a fire creeping towards her.

Tell your sons that unless a woman is making and holding eye contact with them, smiling invitingly, and making it 100% clear that she would welcome their approach, to just move along and leave her alone. And if she does appear to be inviting them to approach, they should not comment on her physical appearance when they do. Also tell them that if they accidentally misread her and she rejects them, to just leave. All of that, assuming that she’s in a public location where she’s not vulnerable.

Oh, and if she has headphones in, don’t bother her at all unless you see that there’s a fire creeping towards her.
well said

We don't usually say we are pretty to each other, we might say that looks really good on you, where did you get that pretty blouse, ...
We might say they look nice, but we are complimenting their clothing or outfit look rather than their physical attractiveness. It's a bit unspoken "you look nice to night" really means you look nice in that outfit tonight, or you made a great choice of clothing.
I legit asked him if he understood the difference between complimenting a jacket and complimenting a persons body, and it went right over his head.

All the this ^^^

Like does anyone else wear very obvious headphones even if there is no music just for this purpose?

Probably 2 close friends trying to shut down body shaming. Like: shut up you are pretty

ETA it's also not even in a sexual way the majority of the time. To us pretty and looking good have different innuendo

Like does anyone else wear very obvious headphones even if there is no music just for this purpose?
When I used to take public transportation for work, I 100% wore headphones on the bus all the time, and never ever played music. They were just to be left alone. It didn’t always work, but it helped.

This exact same question was asked by another of this "new" member’s alts a while back.

What a tedious, pathetic chode.

🙄

Back