A question for the ladies only…

Excellent point!

Also, I understand the irony now, of this coming from Lious C.K, but I have rarely heard a man explain so well why women are leary of men:

Isn't that the guy that used to make female employees watch him jerk off or something?

Isn't that the guy that used to make female employees watch him jerk off or something?
It sure is! Which is why I wrote that⏬️ when I shared it
Also, I understand the irony now, of this coming from Lious C.K, but I have rarely heard a man explain so well why women are leary of men:
He might be a creep, but a broken clock is correct still correct twice a say.

Last edited:
think of it this way
if you must, compliment a lady on something she chose and has control over, like the shirt she chose to wear. (and really the shirt, NOT how her body looks in it)
attractiveness is basically just genetics, aka something someone didn't choose or have control over, she's just lucky if it happened.
otherwise you're being creepy

I’m curious about something… well, been curious for a long time now, and maybe this is a good place for answers.

Ladies, how would you react to a strange man coming up to you and saying, “Excuse me, I just wanted to say that you are beautiful,” and then just walking away with no intent to try to pick them up. I often find myself places where I see a woman I think is very attractive, and I’d like to tell her so, and that’s it.

Would it be creepy? Would it make your day? I’d love to know… not that I’ll ever say it no matter what the responses reveal.
If it would happen like you said, i wouldn't find it creepy at all. I would just say thanks and walk away

I’m curious about something… well, been curious for a long time now, and maybe this is a good place for answers.

Ladies, how would you react to a strange man coming up to you and saying, “Excuse me, I just wanted to say that you are beautiful,” and then just walking away with no intent to try to pick them up. I often find myself places where I see a woman I think is very attractive, and I’d like to tell her so, and that’s it.

Would it be creepy? Would it make your day? I’d love to know… not that I’ll ever say it no matter what the responses reveal.
Its sweet , as long as its that one sentence and thats it

It would just be something that occurred within my day. Nothing unusual yet nothing concerning, for me.
We don't usually say we are pretty to each other, we might say that looks really good on you, where did you get that pretty blouse, ...
We might say they look nice, but we are complimenting their clothing or outfit look rather than their physical attractiveness. It's a bit unspoken "you look nice to night" really means you look nice in that outfit tonight, or you made a great choice of clothing.
This is very odd to me and obviously a generalization. Maybe it's a Southern thing but I tell other women all the time "Omgosh, you look so pretty!" or "Your face is so pretty." I've done that for years.

Some of us would not mind the innocuous male compliment, followed by the walk away. And some of us do compliment other women on their looks.
No one's going to give you the "voice of the people" because everyone is so beautifully unique.

This is crazy! I spend hours trying to make myself look nice. Of course I enjoy it when people compliment me on my effort! 😇

Even if there’s no intent to get a number/set up a date/etc, a compliment like this is still inherently sexual…commenting on a woman’s beauty is just not the same as, like, commenting on the beauty of a painting or statue nearby.

Would it seem weird for a heterosexual guy to walk up to another guy and say “excuse me, but you’re very handsome” and walk away? I think so—guys, would you agree? I’d find it weird coming from a woman.

Given that, it’s still weird coming from the other sex, because there are only two reasons it wouldn’t seem random and strange:
-the guy is trying to pick you up/make a connection that leads to something
-it’s a much older guy, old enough that anything romantic is out of the question, and it’s a weird generational thing (for whatever reason I immediately imagine a grandfatherly type of guy doing this; I can’t imagine a younger guy doing it without it being meant romantically)

Even if there’s no intent to get a number/set up a date/etc, a compliment like this is still inherently sexual…commenting on a woman’s beauty is just not the same as, like, commenting on the beauty of a painting or statue nearby.

Would it seem weird for a heterosexual guy to walk up to another guy and say “excuse me, but you’re very handsome” and walk away? I think so—guys, would you agree? I’d find it weird coming from a woman.

Given that, it’s still weird coming from the other sex, because there are only two reasons it wouldn’t seem random and strange:
-the guy is trying to pick you up/make a connection that leads to something
-it’s a much older guy, old enough that anything romantic is out of the question, and it’s a weird generational thing (for whatever reason I immediately imagine a grandfatherly type of guy doing this; I can’t imagine a younger guy doing it without it being meant romantically)
The old ones mean it romantically, too. Look around the threads here…. This place is overflowing with men in their 60’s and 70’s+ that think they’re a great catch for a 18-22 year old woman.

I do it all the time with no problems. I think it is important to compliment people, we need more positivity in this world. However, I rarely comment on looks, I comment on what they are wearing. Instead of saying, "Wow, you are gorgeous!" I say, "What a lovely dress."

I try to do it in passing at the store or walking down the hall versus someone I am sitting next to at a bar. I don't look for her reaction or expect any, I am just giving a compliment.
ES

Back