are you a moody fucker, an eternal optimist with a sunny nature, or something in between?

butters

High on a Hill
i've been the source of irritation in many for always trying to see the positive in any situation, but try not to vocalise it nearly as much as i used to and think i'm more middle-right if there was a chart with depressingly grumpy to the left and maddeningly positive to the right :) i find permanently grumpy people, those Marvin-types, like drag-weights and don't need to surround myself with them.

i'm sure a lot of grumpy people view positive people as anathema to their days. how about you?

Neither. I'm not moody but I'm not an eternal optimist either. I will say I love my life and where I'm at right now. I would simply say im grateful.

I'm a realist. The glass isn't half full, or half empty, it's simply the wrong size. I'm a pretty easygoing sort of guy. I wake up in a decent mood 99% of the time. I don't stay mad at someone for longer than an hour. Usually. There are exceptions. I go to work, deal with the morons, get a bit pensive, then drop it all on the way out of the building.
I'm a bit of a procrastinator and have a lazy streak a half-mile wide, but I will work my ass off when it's time to get shit done. And I will do it right the first time. I usually find something I like on either side of an issue, which causes me to be a political moderate and agnostic. It's far more important to me that you are a good, decent person, than anything else about you. Gay, trans, black, Amish, stray cat-collecting, pot-smoking, flat-earther? Treat me and everyone else with respect, and we'll be pals for life. That's it, Rob in a nutshell, not too complicated.

I'm a realist. The glass isn't half full, or half empty, it's simply the wrong size. I'm a pretty easygoing sort of guy. I wake up in a decent mood 99% of the time. I don't stay mad at someone for longer than an hour. Usually. There are exceptions. I go to work, deal with the morons, get a bit pensive, then drop it all on the way out of the building.
I'm a bit of a procrastinator and have a lazy streak a half-mile wide, but I will work my ass off when it's time to get shit done. And I will do it right the first time. I usually find something I like on either side of an issue, which causes me to be a political moderate and agnostic. It's far more important to me that you are a good, decent person, than anything else about you. Gay, trans, black, Amish, stray cat-collecting, pot-smoking, flat-earther? Treat me and everyone else with respect, and we'll be pals for life. That's it, Rob in a nutshell, not too complicated.
were we separated at birth?

I've always been an easy-going guy in real life. Very little bothers me, I tend to be empathetic and generous. It takes a lot to get me mad IRL.

I am trying to be eternally optimistic, but some people just know how to fuck me off.

that might just cover it

hi neci!
Butters! Itā€™s been a while! I hope you and yours are all happy and healthy. I love reading your garden updates. Mine is a bare minimum this year, because it has been crazy. Once the temps drop in the fall, Iā€™m going to lay the groundwork for a few new beds.

Butters! Itā€™s been a while! I hope you and yours are all happy and healthy. I love reading your garden updates. Mine is a bare minimum this year, because it has been crazy. Once the temps drop in the fall, Iā€™m going to lay the groundwork for a few new beds.
we're all good, thanks, though this heat is slaying me. What with the early warmth, the late frost, extended cool grey spell then the blast of summer temperatures our garden's all over the place. We booked our 2 mowers in for repairs back in May, they collected them around mid june and we're still waiting on them. Add my messed-up knee (mending fast now) into the mix and the garden's not its usual pretty, ordered self. Cooked the first test potatoes this year for supper last night, cubed, in the pan with butter and onions. Yum.

can't WAIT till autumn and winter arrives! There's no new digging in this weather, for sure. A large part of the fun is creating new beds or doing landscaping for me, so enjoy!

we're all good, thanks, though this heat is slaying me. What with the early warmth, the late frost, extended cool grey spell then the blast of summer temperatures our garden's all over the place. We booked our 2 mowers in for repairs back in May, they collected them around mid june and we're still waiting on them. Add my messed-up knee (mending fast now) into the mix and the garden's not its usual pretty, ordered self. Cooked the first test potatoes this year for supper last night, cubed, in the pan with butter and onions. Yum.

can't WAIT till autumn and winter arrives! There's no new digging in this weather, for sure. A large part of the fun is creating new beds or doing landscaping for me, so enjoy!
i canā€™t wait for the cool as well. iā€™m planning out an orchard area and several raised beds. new space, new gardens. :heart: little by little! one of my best friends has an amazing garden this year, and sheā€™s been keeping me supplied with overgrowth. their plot is around 20ā€™x30ā€™ and i am amazed by what their space has put out.

I've been battling the Existential crisis in my head since I was about 15. So that killed all motivation to bother doing things. I still feel this way but the battle now is to not ruin my kids with these ideas. I want them to feel like they can do whatever and it have meaning.

Like I've stayed before as I get older I have more sympathy for people and even less for lying bullshit. I don't understand these folks who like to wind people up and lie or cause drama.

I try to be easy going but marriage has really tested that. Which honestly I have found is fairly normal. I like making people laugh and not worry about things. But I like to listen and watch. You can learn a lot from not saying a word. People don't like it.

I HATE THIS TREAD!
but I really like all of you :)

FUCK YOU!

hope the rest of your day goes well ;)

That pretty much sums things up.

Back