Free Association Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammael Bard

Suit Up
Another thread has crossed 5000 posts, and now it's time for a new thread.

The Original Idea:

A remembered or imagined feeling, emotion, idea or sensation linked to a person, object or idea.

Relate anything which comes into your mind, regardless of how apparently unimportant or potentially embarrassing the memory is.

Let's play...

Continued from the last thread:

Oh right! Remembrance Day in Australia - 11th hour of the 11th month.

D-Day, as portrayed brilliantly in Saving Private Ryan.

D-Day, as portrayed brilliantly in Saving Private Ryan.

Private First Class Gomer Pyle

CPSTiS6WEAAPjfk.jpg

Well, golllleeeeeeeeeee!

btw...At 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years continuous warfare. Nothing to do with D-Day, although I get the association with the word 'day'. Just setting the record straight.:rolleyes::)

Rare-Historical-Newspapers-End-of-World-War-I-November-11-1918-126rj1y.jpg

An early salute to ALL warriors who have helped keep the world at least half balanced over the centuries: It's a Long Way to Tipperary

:)

Well, golllleeeeeeeeeee!

btw...At 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years continuous warfare. Nothing to do with D-Day, although I get the association with the word 'day'. Just setting the record straight.:rolleyes::)

Every year, the UK has a Sunday of Remembrance, where the dead of war are remembered. There are very few places where something is done, even if it is a simple plot like this one in out local Churchyard.

IMG_5109.JPG

PS. I give up. How do I get an image from Dropbox to Lit?

Here at the college we have a Grove of Remembrance, where the piper leads our annual service. This year seven participants fainted, and it wasn't even a hot day. Not a one of them was among the vets, though; all were students. At least one managed to faint properly, maintaining herself at rigid attention as she fell face-first to the lawn.

Here at the college we have a Grove of Remembrance, where the piper leads our annual service. This year seven participants fainted, and it wasn't even a hot day. Not a one of them was among the vets, though; all were students. At least one managed to faint properly, maintaining herself at rigid attention as she fell face-first to the lawn.

Ouch!

Pied piper

Every year, the UK has a Sunday of Remembrance, where the dead of war are remembered. There are very few places where something is done, even if it is a simple plot like this one in out local Churchyard.

IMG_5109.JPG

PS. I give up. How do I get an image from Dropbox to Lit?

Sorry it's come out a bit big, HP - but here it is.
:heart:

8b_CU8sOgeJ2zp7qhqb7yGowJIWAigmRPXWc0LrP_io%2CcfBx_bkroZ-JQK5_Yz10vZ5VLEESayL1sC3O1YtGhM0

kitt-315-b-1207.jpg

'Knight Rider' ~ What you get when the car is a more competent actor than the star of the show.

:D

HP's favourite car (and mine), the Jag E type.

Etype.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back